• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Pluplue

Smash Ace
When I word it like that yeah lol.
But if I'm going to win money, I'm going to have to try way harder than a Fox player, so it's a bit of a push too. But money should never be your first priority in a video game lol
in MY opinion, samus is a lot easier to play than fox. Except fighting jiggz.
me playing Hbox a couple days ago enlightened me

Geist

Smash Master
Well I mean 'easy' not in a relative skill scale, but a success scale. It's hard winning with Samus. :'[
I have to put on more effort to do as well as a top tier character.

Pluplue

Smash Ace
TRUE but it's not impossible. Just look at hugs, and I've been doing considerably better at tourneys lately.
(even beat linguini in tournament) so just gotta catch em all and be the best that no one ever was I guess.

duals

Smash Journeyman
i go to tourney's, i play samus and lose first round in winner's and then loser's.... All matches are close but i never pull through

but when i try to play as someone else, its worse. So i'm stuck with samus i guess. =\

Pluplue

Smash Ace
snap. I only play samus cause shes the only char im good with and of course super metroid. fox is so much more fun to play D:

Geist

Smash Master
In all honesty if Mr GameandWatch or Zelda were better I'd main them. But Samus is the perfect balance of viability and entertainment :]
For me anyways.

Also Super Metroid was the best game on the SNES.

Violence

Smash Lord
I heard that the Speed Run metagame for Super Metroid is still getting better. I watched some, and they are mindblowingly amazing.

Pi

Smash Hero
I'm getting bored of playing Samus. After 4 long years, I think I'm gonna throw in the towel.
lol
or you could just stop making yourself play samus and pick up an alt for a bit
just play whoever you want to play to accomplish whatever you want to accomplish

also plup you have much to learn in the jiggs matchup
pretty sure you can beat Hbox
think you got pretty unsure of yourself 2nd match, first match you held it down

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
do u guys really think usmash is that good???

idk I think it's 1 of her worst moves. Not much histun, ppl DI out of it easily, and a longer move with ending lag..

Alukard

Smash Hero
so i might start teaming with aziz for pretty much everything because i want to dust off my trusty blaster

so yea hopefully we can turn some heads with our plans! =]

edit ... aziz is hax >_< i forget ya dont know him as much as i do LOL

Pluplue

Smash Ace
I'm getting bored of playing Samus. After 4 long years, I think I'm gonna throw in the towel.
I truly feel your pain.

And btw kniht my match vs hungry box was I believe the third or fourth time I've ever fought jiggly puff. So don't be judgin me on that match =/

Geist

Smash Master
so i might start teaming with aziz for pretty much everything because i want to dust off my trusty blaster

so yea hopefully we can turn some heads with our plans! =]

edit ... aziz is hax >_< i forget ya dont know him as much as i do LOL
Legiiiiit.
You always do really well in teams, I don't know what it is. You guys are gonna ****.

Pi

Smash Hero
I truly feel your pain.

And btw kniht my match vs hungry box was I believe the third or fourth time I've ever fought jiggly puff. So don't be judgin me on that match =/
wasn't judgin bro, juss sayin it was apparent your lack of jiggs experience LOL
stick w/ it and we can have samus dominance all over the sunshine state >=)
see you in GF BB

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
god fox sucks...

I almost went all Samus at a tourney the other day. I won my first match, lost against Deepak the second match, and lost again'st Ocho's Fox in my third match. I was put in a tough bracket but I thought I did well.

How do u beat fox? I think I took like 1 or 2 stocks out at most. when I try to mc and jump, he shines on the ground to deflect missile and jumps and bairs me. I can't get in on him cuz he keeps drill > shining > usmash. I tried upb outta shield but it just wouldn't work..

Geist

Smash Master
Theres a thread titled 'how do I beat Fox/Falco' you know :p

Long story short, everything he does you have an answer to. CC Dsmash/Dtilt ***** shine, and UpB shuts down his approach. If he camps, you get to answer with your own projectiles, or use Samus's awesome wavedash to keep pace with him. Edgeguarding is pretty easy in that matchup too.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
ca$h heres some pointers for you:

if you're in the air and fox shines you and you land on the ground you'll land with no lag and you should be able to hit him if he tries to follow up. or you should at least be able to get out of it. I think I shined you in the air and then grabbed you several times which isn't legit at all.

Fox also shouldn't be able to upthrow uair samus. Try to jump out of it before i uair you - its pretty easy. My upthrow uairs were not legit.

you should also CC A LOT more. Watch amanze fight a space animal; pretty much all he does is stay in place and either cc's or wavedashes back from their approach and Fsmashes them.

speaking of amanze you should definetly take notes from him if you want samus help. he is MN's samus pretty much.

oh, and if im shield pressuring you then upb out of shield. up b out of shield a lot actually, i dont recall you doing it too much.

oohh and the thing that ALL the newer players were doing wrong was going inside my shield. I get sooo many upsmash oos kills from people who don't space themselves away from my shield. An example is when you were holding the ledge and I stood right in front of the ledge and just shielded. Then if you did the stand from the ledge, or the attack-stand, or a rising nair I would just shield it and upsmash OOS which *****.

watch amanze though, thats my best advice.

oh, and keep coming to stuff - you learn soo much each tourney that you get better really fast.

Pluplue

Smash Ace
true that ocho, if they up throw up air, you either jump out or bomb.
when theyre approaching, cc unless they down air in which ya wavedash back or up b oos.
samus vs fox is so retardedly simple its ********.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
ca$h heres some pointers for you:

if you're in the air and fox shines you and you land on the ground you'll land with no lag and you should be able to hit him if he tries to follow up. or you should at least be able to get out of it. I think I shined you in the air and then grabbed you several times which isn't legit at all.

Fox also shouldn't be able to upthrow uair samus. Try to jump out of it before i uair you - its pretty easy. My upthrow uairs were not legit.

you should also CC A LOT more. Watch amanze fight a space animal; pretty much all he does is stay in place and either cc's or wavedashes back from their approach and Fsmashes them.

speaking of amanze you should definetly take notes from him if you want samus help. he is MN's samus pretty much.

oh, and if im shield pressuring you then upb out of shield. up b out of shield a lot actually, i dont recall you doing it too much.

oohh and the thing that ALL the newer players were doing wrong was going inside my shield. I get sooo many upsmash oos kills from people who don't space themselves away from my shield. An example is when you were holding the ledge and I stood right in front of the ledge and just shielded. Then if you did the stand from the ledge, or the attack-stand, or a rising nair I would just shield it and upsmash OOS which *****.

watch amanze though, thats my best advice.

oh, and keep coming to stuff - you learn soo much each tourney that you get better really fast.
thanks, Deepak basically gave me the tips u just did when I asked him about it. But did u think my samus or CF was better?

Regardless, you guys were good lol.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
from my extremely small amount of time spent playing you, i'd say your falcon is better. or your falco.

Geist

Smash Master
But you have Samus to deal with the spamimals. :[
It's the other top tiers you have to worry about. (Jiggs not counting, because she isn't top tier)

Top Bottom