• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Pi

Smash Hero
Well that usually comes with losing.

I wish I had a good Fox player in my vicinity. I never get to see Raynex or Unknown.
Actually, no one I play with regularily even plays Fox, which explains why I suck against him.
the matchup gets significantly more fun when you know it
otherwise you're stuck w/ the UB OoS mentality

but then again hugs ***** foxes w/ his playstyle

idk

Geist

Smash Master
I don't even like to UpB out of shield Fox that much, something always seems to happen like
They FF >> Uair punish
or they SDI and floor tech
or some bat**** insane shenanigan that I've never seen

I need to get better at ledge cancelling, that's what

Pi

Smash Hero
I don't even like to UpB out of shield Fox that much, something always seems to happen like
They FF >> Uair punish
or they SDI and floor tech
or some bat**** insane shenanigan that I've never seen

I need to get better at ledge cancelling, that's what
yea i'd like to plan a ledge cancel before i leave the ground instead of just seeing the opportunity as i'm coming down and go for it lol

Geist

Smash Master
The DI while rising is awkward, same way Falcon's UpB is awkward to ledge cancel.
It's one of those small things that's easy to overlook, but would really help a lot in the long run if you mastered it.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
I'm just glad most Fox players ('cept for Shiz) don't know how much their Drill ***** Samus' recovery. Beats Screw Attack clean, even if sweetspotted because the hitbox goes under the ledge.

Fox's Nair is just as annoying too, even gets frame advantage on shield so you can't punish. Not to mention it beats your Nair clean.

CCing for life!

Alukard

Smash Hero
Samus' recovery becomes almost a liability in teams. dmac and I got ROOOCKED by Eggm and Swiftbass because I'd get knocked off at high %, then they'd completely ignore me while double teaming dmac.
yooo u gotta use samus like a tank bro!!! have her running in and sheilding and creating a rukus and then ur partner comes and pokes around and gets some good damage in ... and switching roles according to % ^_^ ... i can't wait till u see me and dj's double samus LOL

shine gimps are not fun either
yooo definitely not ... i live in tristate ... everyone plays a apace animal LOL

Violence

Smash Lord
I'm a fan of double Samus, aka Lesbians(who doesn't love lesbians?), I wish I were good enough to make it work.

It's too bad they'd get ***** by Marth Fox, I feel like.

Geist

Smash Master
Jiggs Fox is worse.
Jiggs is a better stock tank, and Fox is a better aggro, not to mention they have grab>rest. No one deserves that.

Marth and Fox are more stage dependent, Marth isn't all that great in teams.

Pi

Smash Hero
so i've been getting some CP practice in
nothing solid yet but KJ64 does offer an easy time getting back down to the ground which I feel is one of the biggest obstacles to overcome in the marth matchup

I've been trying different recovery methods, namely UB & rising grapple through the stage with some success initially, but once you commit to going through the stage you're pretty easy prey if they just move away & don't get hit by your UB/grapple

the few times i've actually gotten into the barrel (assuming it's on purpose and I wasn't spamming bomb's and accidently shoot myself into a blast zone) i was able to take little to no damage getting safely back to the stage

(this is all vs. marth)

i am not yet use to the stages weird angles on the ground, but i've seen no glaring handicaps with them, just requires a bit of an adjustment to deal with vs. marth spacing

some grabs i've gotten use to (namely long range grabs) have been whiffed due to (at least i feel they were due to) the stages odd angles

recovery needs more work, i'll try just SS the ledge w/ UB, or maybe saving my jump and going through the middle, i'll also try actually going for the barrel (though that has one glaringly obvious counter)

rainbow cruise isn't actually turning out as bad as I had predicted, though neither of us have much experience on it, i definitely don't think it's in samus' favor but it has quite a few platforms to work with so getting to a favorable spot on the stage isn't -that- hard, again neither of us has learned to exploit the stages mechanics but i would rank it less terrible than FD/YS/BF

I have been having pretty good success on brinstar, namely because samus has an easier time avoiding/dealing/punishing from lava. as well as recovering, on this stage.

i've got all the CP's turned on atm, so hopefully i'll get my **** fine tuned and have something solid to work with as far as counterpicks

ps

CP falco to brinstar, i think it'll go well

oh yea
fought my buddy FearZ today (zer0's twin brother)
he was playing falco and we were on KJ
he was UBing below the stage, and was behind me, he was low %, so I bair'd him
he started UBing (he was dead already but stay with me) again
so i bair'd again (saved my jump still)
then he UB'd again and I dj dair'd him

couple maches later he was playing fox on DL

he was UBing, so i nari him
DJ nair his UB again (again he was dead at this poitn)
then air dodge grapple his UB again, he died first

i actually do the 2nd one quite often if i have the stock lead, it's so satisfying lolol
nair nair grapple

Violence

Smash Lord
I got a kill on the GERM this weekend that was so stupid, it probably lowered his opinion of me if anything.

I managed to catch him with an ftilt facing right on the left side of the stage. From there, I proceed to ftilt him 5-6 more times during his low percents as he tries to do various things and just gets hit. He eventually gets tapped off the stage, goes for an up B, and I walk off naired him to death.

I felt so dumb.

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Your ftilts are beyond nasty lol

On a side note, which one sounds better? Regular grounded missiles or SHMC?

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Ive been thinking there both good for different match ups. Like grounded missiles are better for ganon or marth on FD, where sheik and falcon would get the SHMC

Violence

Smash Lord
SHMC by far... I don't wanna be stuck there like a ******* for a few seconds watching my missile fly.

A lot of times, I mix up the SHMC with a fake SHMC, making the sound, but not having the missile come out. Since I normally immediately dash forward with the missile in my body, it makes it not so easy to see for like a second. Maybe it's a useless mind game, but I'd like to think my accidental **** ups mean something.

The thing I like about SHMC is you can advance with it with a forward short hop, and retreat with it using a backward short hop.

I mean, Falcos never standing laser, right?

The only times I standing missile are right after I hit a space animal off the stage, to apply some pressure since I'm not good enough to consistently platform cancel two homing missiles, or if it won't be the right angle.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
knihT I saw your match vs that Marth player, you do some pretty ridiculous stuff, but it looks cool.

My only caveat about you is that you tend to SD at least once per match, not something Samus can ever afford.

Pi

Smash Hero
knihT I saw your match vs that Marth player, you do some pretty ridiculous stuff, but it looks cool.

My only caveat about you is that you tend to SD at least once per match, not something Samus can ever afford.
yea, on that day of recording I was SDing a lot
when I don't SD/give away stupid early kills the matches are more fun to watch.

standing missile doesn't usually yield much profit, but it throws off their approaches

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
yea, on that day of recording I was SDing a lot
when I don't SD/give away stupid early kills the matches are more fun to watch.

standing missile doesn't usually yield much profit, but it throws off their approaches
BTW, those neutral ledge hopped Missiles looked scary as hell against Marth, did you use those offensively or just to throw him off his edgeguarding game?

I've been trying to find some use for the ending leg swipe of the down smash. It has slightly less lag but you trade some power as well.

Late Dash Attacks is probably one of my favorite things to do now, it's almost like a Falco Phantasm.

Geist

Smash Master
A lot of times, I mix up the SHMC with a fake SHMC, making the sound, but not having the missile come out. Since I normally immediately dash forward with the missile in my body, it makes it not so easy to see for like a second. Maybe it's a useless mind game, but I'd like to think my accidental **** ups mean something.
lol
Most it can do is lure them into a false sense of attentiveness, which isn't very useful for you.
A fake MC lets do absolutely anything you could with a normal MC, only... without the missile lol.
That being said, sometimes on stages like FoD and PS the platforms are really low and you'll get fake MCs alot. I know I've had people act surprised when no missile comes out before.

And I feel that standing missile can be safe if you use it in discretion. I mean, if you see a ganon or marth approaching you in the air all obvious-like, standing missile can be pretty handy.
Against someone like Fox...

duals

Smash Journeyman
would you guys recommend UP Bing against a falcon? Just seems like I get combo-ed or grabbed a lot than most other characters...

Pi

Smash Hero
BTW, those neutral ledge hopped Missiles looked scary as hell against Marth, did you use those offensively or just to throw him off his edgeguarding game?

I've been trying to find some use for the ending leg swipe of the down smash. It has slightly less lag but you trade some power as well.

Late Dash Attacks is probably one of my favorite things to do now, it's almost like a Falco Phantasm.
if i missile regrab too much he'll just swing his sword through it and me and proceed to edgeguard me. so in short, to throw off his edge guarding game, i'm really thinking of writing up a huge big detailed guide on how to fight marth, in excruciating detail, breaking down almost every position your in, based on who has their jumps, what stage, platform, every counter to every counter of a counter to counters and ****...

any way what i wanted to say is this;
regrabs are not safe vs marth, he can just fsmash/ftilt you out of any regrab you do
he can dtilt you if you're not -perfect- with your ledgehop regrab (below the stage)
basically what you need to do is get him to come within range so you can hit him while getting back onto the stage, everything else isn't safe, standing up, rolling, ledge jumping ( (pressing jump from the edge) lolneverdothisever), which is where regrabs come in handy. bait him in with a regrab so you can fair him, or aerial interupt something, or stand up or something...idk...you're pretty jew'd from the edge, have to rely on them ****ing up

would you guys recommend UP Bing against a falcon? Just seems like I get combo-ed or grabbed a lot than most other characters...
i hate him ... because its sooo scary to up b him! =\
falcon and ganon suck to UB ....
fairdead

duals

Smash Journeyman
so a situation im caught in by falcons is when he Shffl Neutrals approaches and im in a shield, he'll either grab or wait for me to move and grab or go into another Shffled attack...

after he approaches, what options could i do?

Pi

Smash Hero
so a situation im caught in by falcons is when he Shffl Neutrals approaches and im in a shield, he'll either grab or wait for me to move and grab or go into another Shffled attack...

after he approaches, what options could i do?
where is he landing after his shffl'd nairs?

WD OoS is always an option, but can be read & reacted to

if he spaces it perfectly on your shield there is not much you can do as far as a counter, at that point it becomes 'how do i reset this, i'm in a bad spot'

if you know he is going to approach with nair, that is where you can counter it

CC is a tried and true method
WD back to stuff also works
even WD in and shield to UB works
wd under/through him and go on the offensive when his back is turned

idk

lots of variables
this is melee

Geist

Smash Master
Shiz plays Falcon?

Like most characters they can't approach you, and Falcon sucks at approaches.
If he's pressuring you with Nairs on your shield, WDOoS works best for me, forward or backward depending on their spacing. If you WD backwards and he chases you with another Nair, CC Dsmash ***** it.

Pi

Smash Hero
You should be completely safe on any stage except FD at the exceptional time. Remember to FF the screw attack :V
v.2 UB has some funky mechanics though
you don't always get the full one off

but if you do get the full one off, it should be pretty easy to read the direction they are going to go, and DI the opposite way

DarrellD

Smash Ace
I agree. The only time you should be hit after UpB is when you dont hit them with the full screw

Top Bottom