• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
easy
fulljump and bair
bair again
fulljump again and bair
then bair again
voila

alternatively
sh bair
sh bair
sh bair
sh bair

ha ha ha

resTy

Smash Champion
Man, Samus Boards got jokes.
Acting like Nairs lead into Nairs and such lol.
Why the heck are you even airborne?
STOP IT!

Geist

Smash Master
Once I Dthrowed a Falco off the edge, I attempted a Nair OoS and grappled instead. It hit him and he plummeted to his death.
True story

Geist

Smash Master
alternating sh homing missiles and super missiles between the both of you is more than enough. the FH missiles are stupid high and never hit anything.
Alternating platform double missiles are the best though, hands down.

Pi

Smash Hero
i usually tell my partner to stay grounded and i shoot right above his head
but i'm not a fan of teams and don't often play them lol

DarrellD

Smash Ace
I cant think of any samus player really that likes teams. Except me cause i main Douglas Jay :)

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
Elaborate more on this, please
samus is a "tank" in teams if played correctly (played correctly means not throwing out moves that get you punished, generally staying on the ground, CCing as much as possible at low percents, etc). samus' tank quality forces the opposing team to not target her, since she's pretty hard to kill. this is why you usually see a samus holding stocks. this also means that the best teammates for samus are quick and evasive characters (fox, falco, falcon, sheik) since she's gonna be out of play while recovering. as long as you play smart and space well and have a good teammate that knows how to handle 2v1 during recovery, samus is beast in teams. she has great range and good priority in a lot of her moves (sex kick, up tilt if spaced correctly, fair, smash attacks). overwhelming shield pressure in teams sucks, and unfortunately her roll sucks donkey nuts. luckily samus has up-b, which is really good in that it leaves the opponent vulnerable in the air, which is gold for a kneeing captain falcon or u-airing fox.

random team trick: there's also some pretty tricky stuff that me and my partner (Strain, fox) have come up with. if i'm on the ground behind him, i'll shoot a missile and he'll spot dodge it. it becomes like an attacking shield, or an anti-grab if you will. now if you shoot one in the air and missile cancel the ground one, you have a good wall to work with. this is merely a tactic for positioning your opponents and forcing them to defend. this works best on FD.

i can't think of much else right now. i'll edit it later

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Samus, hard to kill? I don't know about that one. Sure she has a great recovery horizontally, vertically isn't that bad, but she gets usmashed by fox and killed off the top like, what, 60-70%?

AntoPark

Smash Lord
Samus, hard to kill? I don't know about that one. Sure she has a great recovery horizontally, vertically isn't that bad, but she gets usmashed by fox and killed off the top like, what, 60-70%?
You could always cc like a beast..or di.

Geist

Smash Master
If teams had their own tier list Samus probably wouldn't even move. She still lives forever, but now her recovery gets buffed because it gets harder to edgeguard her. On the flip side, her recovery still takes a long *** time, so if your opponents happen to repeatedly hit you off at high percents, it's going to be a 2v1 for your partner.
In teams unsafe things become a little bit safer, eg, grab, charge beam, etc. But overall they can still be dangerous to your teammate.
Another tradeoff is missiles, they're only useful if you're careful with them or your teammate knows how to avoid them. Overall they're much more situational in doubles.

tldr; samus is okay in teams I guess

random team trick: there's also some pretty tricky stuff that me and my partner (Strain, fox) have come up with. if i'm on the ground behind him, i'll shoot a missile and he'll spot dodge it. it becomes like an attacking shield, or an anti-grab if you will. now if you shoot one in the air and missile cancel the ground one, you have a good wall to work with. this is merely a tactic for positioning your opponents and forcing them to defend. this works best on FD.
You really should be doing this in singles with missile cancelling already.
Missile, bait a shield/predict a jump, punish, punish, punish

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Samus' recovery becomes almost a liability in teams. dmac and I got ROOOCKED by Eggm and Swiftbass because I'd get knocked off at high %, then they'd completely ignore me while double teaming dmac.

Geist

Smash Master
Yeah that's pretty much how it goes. Sometimes it would probably better just to SD past a certain percentage I swear :/

How's the combo video coming along?

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
exactly. since some of samus' biggest weaknesses are fox upsmashes/utilts/other vertical kill moves, your job as a samus in teams is to do everything in your power to not get hit by these moves. it's hard, but as long as you focus on pouring in damage and playing safe as much as possible, samus becomes very dangerous.

If teams had their own tier list Samus probably wouldn't even move. She still lives forever, but now her recovery gets buffed because it gets harder to edgeguard her. On the flip side, her recovery still takes a long *** time, so if your opponents happen to repeatedly hit you off at high percents, it's going to be a 2v1 for your partner.
In teams unsafe things become a little bit safer, eg, grab, charge beam, etc. But overall they can still be dangerous to your teammate.
Another tradeoff is missiles, they're only useful if you're careful with them or your teammate knows how to avoid them. Overall they're much more situational in doubles.

tldr; samus is okay in teams I guess

You really should be doing this in singles with missile cancelling already.
Missile, bait a shield/predict a jump, punish, punish, punish
yeah definitely. missiles can't just be thrown out, unless your partner can react to them. if a samus player has time to train with a partner, then missiles can be used in a tactical way. my teammate and I have been practicing this sort of stuff.

Samus' recovery becomes almost a liability in teams. dmac and I got ROOOCKED by Eggm and Swiftbass because I'd get knocked off at high %, then they'd completely ignore me while double teaming dmac.
****t this is the biggest down side to samus in teams. like i said before, a big part of using samus in your team is to make sure your partner can handle moments of 2v1. if not, you guys might be screwed. a great character for 2v1 is fox (evident after watching hugs+lucky videos)

Geist

Smash Master
Well that usually comes with losing.

I wish I had a good Fox player in my vicinity. I never get to see Raynex or Unknown.
Actually, no one I play with regularily even plays Fox, which explains why I suck against him.

Top Bottom