• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Geist

Smash Master
I won't be able to go to any tournaments further than a 100 mile radius at all, until I have no idea when.
I want to hit up an OoC tournament next summer at the latest.

Pi

Smash Hero
yeahhhh tourney i went to last weekend, got wrecked

but i did good in brawl ^-^''
sorry to hear that

mentioned this to blowtoes last night but;

if someone is edgehogging and you've SS'd your grapple, you can walljump out of it instead of being forced to just bounce up or w/e it is like when you don't auto grab

Pi

Smash Hero
nearing 100% proficiency with shffm
feels good.

compared to fjffm it shaves off a minimum of 12 frames and a maximum of 24 frames

dj IDK but probably shouldn't be using your dj to missile

ArstNeio

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I don't understand why but I always super fail at jab cancels. I've tried two ways of doing it: 1. crouch after each jab. Results in either no speed gain or if I hit A too fast then it just does the second hit of jab as well, not jab canceled. 2. angle down and backward. Results in downangled ftilts in the other direction instead of jabs.

What am I doing wrong? How do you do this?

Pi

Smash Hero
personally i use the crouch after each jab, i don't reccomend this, but it's what i got use to

and it takes practice, a lot of it, i suggest putting handicap on an immobile bowser and practicing that way, it's how i learned

ArstNeio

Smash Apprentice
What exactly am I doing wrong though? Am I just timing it wrong for the crouch method? What should the timing be?

What about for the other method, what am I doing wrong there? I try to practice but I'm not sure how I should be doing it or what I'm doing wrong.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i think you're timing it wrong and you just have to learn it/get used to it

for the other method, you jab first, then quickly move the stick to down/backwards position (while jabbing) and proceed to jabbing with the right timing

Pi

Smash Hero
What exactly am I doing wrong though? Am I just timing it wrong for the crouch method? What should the timing be?

What about for the other method, what am I doing wrong there? I try to practice but I'm not sure how I should be doing it or what I'm doing wrong.
I'm not sure of the exact timing unfortunately, http://www.angelfire.com/games5/superdoodleman/Samus_frames_6.4.06.txt , doesn't quite say

My best guess would be 17 frames after the jab input, you need to have crouch inputted, then release, then jab again, and repeat.

The other method you just need to find the right spot, for me some where around the nitch between 0 and 270 works well

Geist

Smash Master
You're taking too much time to crouch maybe. You shouldn't actually see Samus crouch. I flick the stick down, sot of like how you'd flick the stick up if you were trying to short hop with it. From there it's all timing.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
You're taking too much time to crouch maybe. You shouldn't actually see Samus crouch. I flick the stick down, sot of like how you'd flick the stick up if you were trying to short hop with it. From there it's all timing.
Yeah if you do it right, it just looks like samus is jabing really fast

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
What sucks about Roy is the flimsy way his aerials hit. There's been times where I've been hit during my Fair or Nair in midair simply because I didn't hit close enough to the hilt.

Hilt = Power, why did HAL think of this idiocy?. They need to take physics class.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Hey y'all
I've been practising shffmc. I'm about 50% consistent now :bee:
But sometimes when I do it right, I land the missile but I have more landing lag than I should. Why is that?

Geist

Smash Master
I think you're just mistiming it, Sometimes you press a button a fraction of a second too soon, then by the time you process the fact that nothing came out and have the reflex to input again... well it's about half a second.

Pi

Smash Hero
I think you're just mistiming it, Sometimes you press a button a fraction of a second too soon, then by the time you process the fact that nothing came out and have the reflex to input again... well it's about half a second.
Pretty much this.

At least that's what I've chalked it up to.

Kotu

Smash Cadet
She a good player but the reason they mde zero suit samus so tight and have giant dk's and bacon in the back mmm bacon to make horny teens to play the game

Pi

Smash Hero
if the instance ever comes up
and you grab a g&w
and you dthrow him
most likely he'll miss the tech (dthrow on him is weird)
and you can get a free jab/dsmash/dtilt/probably some other moves

rhan

Smash Hero
She a good player but the reason they mde zero suit samus so tight and have giant dk's and bacon in the back mmm bacon to make horny teens to play the game

Oh please go somewhere else with that..

Reason why I came here.. Where were all the Samus players at APEX?? All I saw were fawkz, Foulco, Jyggz, Marf and the occasional Sheeeek on the livestream.. I was in the mood for some missles and ****.

Pi

Smash Hero
idk
but i just created this using seansons hitbox system frames
(just discovered how easy it is to edit gifs now with gimp)

rhan

Smash Hero
idk
but i just created this using seansons hitbox system frames
(just discovered how easy it is to edit gifs now with gimp)

I can't created gifs with gimp... I fail with that aspect..

But good ****! I need to borrow the AR from my friend. I gotta learn some hit boxes...

Rat

Smash Lord
any samus's going to SCSYN3?
I'm one of the hosts!

Quick shout-out to Alukard. Even though it was only like 5 matches, those were the most fun samus dittos i've done. Basically who can style the most (I think i lost =(. ) <333

Also, I think there were like 3 samus mains at apex? Fail. (Should have said hi to Alex Triad though. (Hi btw))

ArstNeio

Smash Apprentice
Hey, does anything special happen if you SWD on a platform? I ask because I'm not teknikul enough to SWD consistently and test it out.

Also, this is just complete theorylol, but I wonder if you can combine dropping through platform immediate bombing (so that you're like rolling around on the platform) into a SWD for something cool and fun?

K, now back to actually focusing on getting better instead of theorysmashing instead of sleeping

Pi

Smash Hero
Hey, does anything special happen if you SWD on a platform? I ask because I'm not teknikul enough to SWD consistently and test it out.

Also, this is just complete theorylol, but I wonder if you can combine dropping through platform immediate bombing (so that you're like rolling around on the platform) into a SWD for something cool and fun?

K, now back to actually focusing on getting better instead of theorysmashing instead of sleeping
No nothing special happens with a regular swd on a platform
Also since there is a time frame where you can input the commands for a SWD, bombing as you go through a platform has no effect on the standard SWD.

Now. The fun stuff is in this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=63749

And in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9sa8133NBI

resTy

Smash Champion
I've been having trouble in the Ganondorf match-up.
I dunno how to deal with Fair pressure and Ganondorf campiness.
Shooting missiles is pathetically fail and I just approach with Ftilts which just get CC'd into ****.
Been trying Utilts and it works sometimes but it seems hella risky because if I trade, Ganon wins.
Tips please :')

Pi

Smash Hero
If he attacks your shield, either UB or roll away. I'm not sure if WD away is safe or not cause his jab is stupid.
In this matchup you really don't want to be shielding, you don't benefit much from it.

Get behind him, ganon's are most probably going to jump OoS if you are behind them, probably going to bair too. You can sh bair in anticipation if you think they will jump (I do this with moderate success, and usually don't get punished.) but, as with all things guess-related, it's not reliable.

ESAM recommends to WD back and Fsmash their fair approaches, I would trust him and try it out, if I had any ganons to fight lol.

Fair is really good in this matchup, if you see him go airborne and you're within range, go for a fair.

Stay off of platforms, his upair is stupid ****.

Recover high, max your air dodge time if you're going to grapple.

Space your ****, you don't want to get grabbed by him.

Grabs are good, but obviously if you miss..fair/dair

bombs on his shield are good too

I been meaning to memorize these for some time (spawn locations):

DarrellD

Smash Ace
yea, starting on a side platform vs. a marth on the bottom is almost guaranteed % x.X
Yea its a real pain. Do you know the frame data on shield dropping and doing a niar after shield stun from marth's aerials?

Pi

Smash Hero
Yea its a real pain. Do you know the frame data on shield dropping and doing a niar after shield stun from marth's aerials?
I don't.

I thought aerials after shield drop buffering came out first frame possible.
I think I heard that as well.

buffering shield drop is not so easy to practice...I haven't even given it thought tbh, in a situation where my shield is getting attacked by a marth I normally just light shield and buffer a jump out of it, and try to work my way back down by some other means.

AntoPark

Smash Lord
Hey, what's light shield good for?
I've gotten used to restarting my controller with L pushed in so it wouldn't randomly light shield. It really helps with power shielding falco's lasers.

Top Bottom