• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Pi

Smash Hero
Hey, what's light shield good for?
I've gotten used to restarting my controller with L pushed in so it wouldn't randomly light shield. It really helps with power shielding falco's lasers.
I light shield when on platforms, vs jiggs, and if I don't feel like UBing OoS vs falco/fox shieldpressure. It's good for messing up people's spacing.

I Z cancel, so it's really easy to lightshield after my attacks.

Also as far as that soft-mod on your shield buttons, I tired that one day, and it messed up my air dodge grapple timing. I ps falco's lasers fine w/o that mod any way.

Also, just a reminder, you can lightshield edgehog marth. Just have to FF it. Timing is really easy, I do it all the time, it's really fun.

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Can anyone please tell me how to play on rainbow cruise? That stage ****s me up in tournament =[

Geist

Smash Master
lol that stage is 50% hit-and-run and 50% gimps.
I suggest completely memorizing the stage rotation perfectly and finding all the gay spots (like stealing the carpet so they can't recover on it, walk-off edges, and taking advantage of the ending drop off, etc).
Make sure you get a lead on the boat ride vs characters that can camp you.

btw guys, Jiggs isn't as hard as people make her out to be.
Utilt beats Bair every time if you time it right. :0

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Yea i think samus puff is pretty even for the most part. I have THE KING experience on this one :)

Geist

Smash Master
Peach is a *****, but you just have to be patient. Bait **** all day and punish.
You can even be really aggressive if you're smart about it.

Pi

Smash Hero
Samus' worst matchups have got to be ganon & marth. Sheik is pretty bad too but...
Well tbh I haven't really fought any high level sheiks, not that there are many, but yea.
Oh I did fight nicaboy, he's pretty good, but even then I felt like I had options. It's just her grab game is 2good. In pal it would be a different story.

Peach is a really gay matchup. Missile as much as you can, don't get hit (by turnips or attacks ideally), the only things you have to really predict is how she will approach from the ground; Dash attack, or grab. Also be careful attacking her shield, nair OoS is really good.

Place missiles wherever she is/will go.

duals

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone please tell me how to play on rainbow cruise? That stage ****s me up in tournament =[
i just stay ahead of the other person so that they panic in a sense (especially when it starts to rise after the ship) and try to keep them back...

if that makes sense

Pi

Smash Hero
Wavedash back and uptilt :chuckle:
Tbh it's only effective if the puff is over-committing. If the puff just pokes at you then you're **** out of luck, though puff can only really get off combo's if she guesses & follows up a bair, but if she would be safe about them there isn't a whole lot that can be done.

My main strat vs puff is to just wavedash toward her and shield a lot...at the very least I push her to the side of the stage and force her above me, where I can actually punish. Aside from that I charge my ball lol. Also I light shield and make them chase me as I slide across the stage, since they have to move in more you can start hard shielding and nairing/ubing out of it

I have more of a problem with bair gimps. But yeah better DI would at least help lol
Your grapple should get you safely back onto the stage, is he bairing when you grapple? Be sure to maximize the time between when you air dodge, and when you actually hit the grapple. A lot of times they'll just attack your air dodge, and you can grapple safely once their hitbox is gone. Or if you are sure they are going to hit you, air dodge, then get hit w/o using your grapple. I do this quite frequently when I know I'm going to get hit.

Also I forgot who asked this but, as far as frame data for the CC jabbing
You jab, 18 frames later you press Crouch, then on the very next frame you let go of crouch and can press A for another jab

one MOREEEEE thing, UB renders you INVULNERABLE on frames 1-5 of the move. Just a reminder. ;)

Geist

Smash Master
Your grapple should get you safely back onto the stage, is he bairing when you grapple? Be sure to maximize the time between when you air dodge, and when you actually hit the grapple. A lot of times they'll just attack your air dodge, and you can grapple safely once their hitbox is gone. Or if you are sure they are going to hit you, air dodge, then get hit w/o using your grapple. I do this quite frequently when I know I'm going to get hit.
He usually hangs out on the ledge refreshing invincibility.
The gimp flowchart sort of goes like this:

---Did you grapple? (y/n)
------(y) Did you grapple Far away, or close up?
--------- (Close up) Get Bair'd (if you survive return to start)
--------- (Far away) Did you delay it so you're now hanging? (y/n)
---------------(y) Drop down Bair gimp (if you survive return to start)
---------------(n) Get Bair'd (if you survive return to step 1)
------(n) Can you make it if you screw attack?
--------- (y) Screw attack. Sheik has invincibility. Get Bair'd (if you survive return to start)
--------- (n) Get Bair'd anyways

Help :[

Pi

Smash Hero
He actually waits for you to grapple, then bairs?
I suppose if he's doing it that way, which would be the right way lol, you can hope to tech & UB.

I can't really visualize what you can do tbh, like I said I haven't fought very high level'd sheiks.

Keep looking though, and if you find ways lmk haha

Pi

Smash Hero
i need help with tech chasing falcons. Idk what to do. =\
Stand on top of where they land, like RIGHT there (in front a little, maybe)
Crouch
If they miss the tech, Dtilt
If they tech in place, Dtilt
If they roll one way or the other, dash attack, or grab if you feel too slow to get there.

Or you could just guess with a dair. >=)
I definitely recommend the dair.
Depending on the %, you can dair, to dair, to dair tech chase, and just...yea...
Sure it's a lot of guessing, but it's a lot of ****ing %!!

duals

Smash Journeyman
Stand on top of where they land, like RIGHT there (in front a little, maybe)
Crouch
If they miss the tech, Dtilt
If they tech in place, Dtilt
If they roll one way or the other, dash attack, or grab if you feel too slow to get there.

Or you could just guess with a dair. >=)
I definitely recommend the dair.
Depending on the %, you can dair, to dair, to dair tech chase, and just...yea...
Sure it's a lot of guessing, but it's a lot of ****ing %!!

i meant the other way around. as in the falcon is tech chasing me. lol

but that was helpful too

Geist

Smash Master
Keep track of your techs and make sure you don't tech in patterns. If the Falcon's tech chasing purely on reaction do what above post tells you.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Wavedash back and uptilt :chuckle:
Puff's Nair, Bair, Fair all out prioritize Samus' Utilt. Even worse Jiggs can WD OoS and Rest you immediately while you recover from Utilt. (Luckily, not many Jiggz players know this.)

BTW, I saw your matches against Falcomist, I'm really impressed @ how to take on Marth and Falcon. You make the Falcon matchup look like 40/60 in your Samus' favor. lol

Pi

Smash Hero
jason
you are a floridian, so i assume there is a publix near you?

i found this:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=996202&t=2193798

16 32oz powerades for $3.75!!!

maybe if any of you live in a state that has a Publix (southern states) you can also get this deal

/completely unrelated topic

on topic
i pre-ordered metroid other m :)
There is a publix right up the road... :)

Puff's Nair, Bair, Fair all out prioritize Samus' Utilt. Even worse Jiggs can WD OoS and Rest you immediately while you recover from Utilt. (Luckily, not many Jiggz players know this.)

BTW, I saw your matches against Falcomist, I'm really impressed @ how to take on Marth and Falcon. You make the Falcon matchup look like 40/60 in your Samus' favor. lol
what he said.

Also I'd just like to say.
Marth is one of samus' hardest matchups.
For sure.
Holy ****.
I've never wanted to /wrist as badly as I do when I'm recovering, or trying to get back to the ground vs. marth.
I'm contemplating re-sigging the pic I made to describe marth:

Or maybe the gif

I use to despise marth.
Those feelings are resurfacing now that my buddy has learned there is very little I can do against properly spaced aggressive aerials.

Also he keeps uptilting after EVERYTHING.
I may have to start spamming UB instead of wavedash OoS
W/e
New controller is on the way
I'll do what it takes to put marth back in his place

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
yeah marth is dumb
i like what darrel was doing sidestepping fairs and shiz

i'm not qualified to pass any real judgement on the matchup though

Pi

Smash Hero
yeah marth is dumb
i like what darrel was doing sidestepping fairs and shiz

i'm not qualified to pass any real judgement on the matchup though
spotdodge downsmash is super legit in the matchup
unfortunately >.>

Fox is such a better character than samus.

Lol.

I want more OoS options
Ima start trying air dodge OoS

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
spotdodge downsmash is super legit in the matchup
unfortunately >.>

Fox is such a better character than samus.

Lol.

I want more OoS options
Ima start trying air dodge OoS
I like how Darrell was low altitude Air Dodging from the ledge instead of wavelanding. In that matchup when I drop from the ledge I immediately Air Dodge down to the ground which usually throws them off.

Geist

Smash Master
It's frustrating how hard you have to work for each kill where Marth can rush you down with like 3 moves.
I usually find aggressive Marth players way harder than campy gay Marth players, probably because they're not all up in my face with their grubby hands touching and grabbing my business.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
^^^
isn't that true for like all the higher tiered characters, as well as a few other characters?

@jason
i was thinking the same thing
after watching scorpion master vs hugo i want something besides up-b oos

Geist

Smash Master
Naw, mostly it's the careful Fox and Falco players I have to keep my eye on, I can't just upB my way to happiness.
And Sheik is irrelevant, she's just a ***** either way. I never feel pressured with a sheik, because I'm usually too busy getting thrown.
Jiggs is Jiggs.

Yeah I could use more OoS options. I started bombing OoS but I don't feel that it's too useful. I can't really space it, and when I land it so I can WD out of it, most times UpB would have been safer.

Pi

Smash Hero
Yea bomb is pretty slow OoS ;\

All our aerials are mad punishable if they miss, though fair is usually pretty safe if you can get behind the person, facing toward them.
Up air comes out pretty fast if people are all up in your grill

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Samus never wants to challenge puff's moves, only space around them. If you know the puff likes to jump and do something here, then just space yourself right and punish

Samus falcon is 50/50 lol

Geist

Smash Master
Unless I'm wavelanding, I usually go to throw out an Uair because it has like NO lag if you Lcancel it lol
Other than that sh double Nair is cool.

Also I'm working on getting into the habit of grabbing after my fairs <3

Top Bottom