• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
So I'm trying to play melee samus competitively, who are the best players to watch to learn?

ycz12

Smash Ace
What do you guys do right after powershielding a Falco laser? WD forward to f-tilt? I feel like my powershielding is pretty decent but I don't get as much off it as I could.

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
I have no problem with Falcos in my face. When they wont approach, I have problems (much due to I can't play offensive).
What I do against lasers is power shielding and wave dashing towards them. I get some grabs by taking advantage of the hit stun of the power shielded laser. Another alternative is, as you said, using a quick move such as Ftilt, jab, Dtilt or Dsmash.

.tea©

Smash Journeyman
So what can Samus do to save her team mate if she's on stage, not recovering? I think run off/jump UpAir, UpB or bombs are risky (bombs are also slow) because most of the time you'll commit to do your rejump in a bad spot. Homing missiles are pretty random too (and slow). I guess forward tilt and jab are the only save options, but they have no range.

Of course if Samus is recovering as well she can catch her team mate with bombs, upair or upb without taking too much risks.

Edit: I forgot uncharged neutral B. As I'm thinking about it, it seems kind of useful. :D

Litt

Samus
So what can Samus do to save her team mate if she's on stage, not recovering? I think run off/jump UpAir, UpB or bombs are risky (bombs are also slow) because most of the time you'll commit to do your rejump in a bad spot. Homing missiles are pretty random too (and slow). I guess forward tilt and jab are the only save options, but they have no range.

Of course if Samus is recovering as well she can catch her team mate with bombs, upair or upb without taking too much risks.

Edit: I forgot uncharged neutral B. As I'm thinking about it, it seems kind of useful. :D
Yeah.... im sorry but you are 100% wrong sir... Homing missiles are not random if it is just your partner off stage, if you are good enough, you will know where your partner is going to end their recovery and lay a bomb there for them to hit in a second or two, up B would kill you..... upair is certainly a stupid thing to do unless you need to separate your partner from an opponent, forward tilts has no range and think about the other two opponents that are on the stage going after you right now... and jab has zero range.... instead of just laying out a bunch of crappy options you thought of yourself, just ask, what are the best ways to save your partner in teams with samus.... which are pretty much bombs and homing missiles...

.tea©

Smash Journeyman
Yeah.... im sorry but you are 100% wrong sir... Homing missiles are not random if it is just your partner off stage, if you are good enough, you will know where your partner is going to end their recovery and lay a bomb there for them to hit in a second or two, up B would kill you..... upair is certainly a stupid thing to do unless you need to separate your partner from an opponent, forward tilts has no range and think about the other two opponents that are on the stage going after you right now... and jab has zero range.... instead of just laying out a bunch of crappy options you thought of yourself, just ask, what are the best ways to save your partner in teams with samus.... which are pretty much bombs and homing missiles...

Lol what an offensive post. By some scrubby player who thinks he's good, lol.

Pluplue

Smash Ace
I don't play a lot of teams with characters that need help recovering, but I understand teams pri well. Up B is usually worth it to save your teammate unless you're at about 90% and there's a fox waiting for you at the ledge. Homing missiles would be KIND OF ok if they didn't take four years to use. The opponents should also be able to punish you really hard if you're helping your teammate with homing missiles. Up air would be pretty good if your teammate is recovering high but realllly risky if they're low. Preemptive bombs are nice if they're recovering low.

Mega huge theory craft incoming for saving teammates... ZAIR
You can time your zair super easily with air dodge, it has no goddamn knock back, it's almost un-punishable unless opponent fox is ballsy and tries to time a shine.

To summarize my tiny wall of text, up b is easily punished but worth it if you don't die, up air is nice if they're high up and helpless, bombs are nice for low recoveries, zair is the best thing in the universe.

Also stop bein mad we're all samus playas hea

Litt

Samus
Lol what an offensive post. By some scrubby player who thinks he's good, lol.
Id money match you anyday .tea, yeah we are all samus players but instead of posting crap to read through, just ask

Litt

Samus
Lol calm down pi, we know your a good samus... and maybe Ice is just a nice guy who knows.... but from what Ive seen... as well at your noob question... i can assume you are the scrub here tea :)

.tea©

Smash Journeyman
Lol calm down pi, we know your a good samus... and maybe Ice is just a nice guy who knows.... but from what Ive seen... as well at your noob question... i can assume you are the scrub here tea :)
Hm I never placed below top 3 for almost two years, also getting third at OSmash #2, biggest German tournament in 2012. I admit that I play hella lame and campy maybe that's the reason why people don't give me much credit (and I'm from Europe lol).

Top Bottom