• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
Is he going to?! I keep hearing he can't enter because of work issues but i didn't know hes still going to EVO.
Anyways, here's a BO3 with Lucky. Lots of crazy sds but you can probably learn something from the matches, and enjoy twitch lag : )
http://www.twitch.tv/bobby_scar/c/2504422
There's maybe a bit more, and I'll check em out today.

http://www.twitch.tv/bobby_scar/b/424237377 - HugS and Mango for apparently 40 mins. EDIT: My mistake, 27 mins. Then it's just the link i provided before this one

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
ok guys, if anyone would like to help me make it out of my death pool I'd really appreciate it.

I'd really like it if someone would go through videos of my 2 main opponents and try to find any habits that they have that I could exploit

first I have eggz and then if I beat him, I most likely have to play wobbles.

so yeah, any help beating eggz or wobbles would be awesome

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you also have wizzrobe don't you :[ gonna be a rough pool bro
I'm just assuming wobbles beats him. I played him when he was in STL this past weekend. I got obliterated. I most likely won't go samus against him

Pi

Smash Hero
I'm just assuming wobbles beats him. I played him when he was in STL this past weekend. I got obliterated. I most likely won't go samus against him
ic tips; ftilt their shield, then jab or downsmash when they try to wavedash & punish u
downair is really good on their shield cause it has a lot of lag for them and pushes them away so they can't grab (w/ most spacings)
missile spam is nice cause nana gets ****ed up by it if the player tries to dodge them instead of just shieldif he starts wavedash jabbing, start CCing. cc dsmash/dtilt and kill nana for it
be precise w/ ur edgeguards, ic is pretty easy to keep knocking off stage, see that you do it

eggz is a good fox, he does some weird ****, but has pretty good control
i fought him at apex...iirc his recovery is kinda sub par if not unpredictable
also pretty sure he doesn't like to camp, so ***** ur ub oos

it's ic and a fox, they're winnable, don't stress just do what u need to do

still have this stupid curse filter on...srsly...

Corigames

Smash Hero
As someone who regularly plays against Wobbles as Samus, I'll say this:

Don't spam missiles on him. He'll punish you after shooting the second one. He's got excellent control of Nana and will just avoid the missiles while launching ice cubes at you. If you try to camp/spam him, he's willing to do it back. The only time it's really good is when he tries to get Nana to do blizzard and approach on it. Shooting him then is when he's most vulnerable to ranged attacks.
If you Ftilt his shield, you have to hit with the very tip. Anything less and he'll grab you. Like in the Captain Falcon MU, don't dsmash or fsmash his shield no matter what.
His side-B on recovery is deceptively strong. It's not that it will kill you, but it pops you up and stuns you enough for him to get in shield. Since he can't grab the ledge in the middle of doing it, the safest move is to stay just out of range and punch him as it ends.
Killing Nana just stops his grab game. Wobble's SoPo is good enough to beat Axe and Taj in straight fights, so DO NOT RELAX when Nana is dead. You aren't anywhere close to finishing him off.
Watch out for his ice snipes on your bomb recovery. Be prepared to abandon your bomb if it means getting hit.
If you get grabbed at below 40%, mash as hard as you can. You can still get out then. After that, you just have to hope that either he or Nana drop the chaingrab/wobble.
UpB OoS is pretty good whenever he moves in on you, because they're fat and get shield poked pretty quick. It has a good chance of separating them too.

Edit:
Also, watch out for some of the smart stuff he does. For example, he'll open jump ridiculously far away and then get a perfect waveland and Dsmash you. The first time he does it will probably throw you off, just recognize when he's about to hit the ground and be ready for him to slide at you into a jab/grab/dsmash.

abcool

Smash Ace
Finally, these boards are alive again. I guess the Pikachu/Samus (Irobinhoood) main was right. How is everyone?

Jagoffian

Smash Journeyman
did you guys see any of these guys or other samus' on stream?
There was one Samus that wasn't too shabby. Rey Lopez or something I think: he beat Angelbless (bolivian player). on stream. Oh and Pi played Axe and definitely held his own.

I pretty much got screwed for my pool.
I think you played my friend 1st round of Losers. His tag was Trees.

Violence

Smash Lord
So uh...

on the rock transformations of Stadium

you can up B from the ground to the top slanted platform, and the landing lag is really low, even lower than on Yoshi's or FoD.

How is it that I've never heard of this or seen other people do this? It's an amazing tool on this godawful transformation.

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
so how do you guys like to follow up your UpB's after landing on the top platform?
I've taken a liking to HugS' patented downsmash after OoS

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
On FoD and YS I almost always downsmash. If I get predictable I either shield, run off missile, or drop aerial.

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
So uh...

on the rock transformations of Stadium

you can up B from the ground to the top slanted platform, and the landing lag is really low, even lower than on Yoshi's or FoD.

How is it that I've never heard of this or seen other people do this? It's an amazing tool on this godawful transformation.
The high platform on the water stage isnt that bad either, as well as the middle of the windmill, and when a one of the mills is at 180 degrees

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
anyone know if a SH>smash missle takes less frames than a FH>FF>Smash missle? The latter technique is a huge ***** for me and im wondering if its actually worth it

Pi

Smash Hero
According to this

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/superdoodleman/Samus_frames_6.4.06.txt

You are in the air for 55 frames by shorthopping.
FHFFMC can fastest be done in 63 frames.
SHFFMC can fastest be done in 51 frames

I think I made a mistake... SHFFMC saves more than 4 frames, right???

Code:
Jump: airborne on frame 4

Air time: 69
Earliest FF: 34
FF air time: 49

SH air time: 55
Earliest FF: 28
SH FF air time: 38

2nd jump earliest FF: 30

Super Missile

Total: 49
Missile comes out (ground): 22
Missile comes out (air): 15
Missile lasts 76 frames, then boom
(self destructed missile does no
damage)

Shield stun: 13

Auto cancels upon landing

too tired right now to work this out...

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
if the missle frames add onto the frames of SH that means SH> smash missile takes 70 frames. but since they DONT bc the missile happens within the SH frames than....hmm.
I was thinking doesnt samus enter into her landing animation when she fires a missile? maybe she has to deal with those tiny frames of landing animation before she does anything but im not too sure

Nevertheless I think its important to know what the most efficient way of firing missiles while being practical so we should figure this out

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
I'm learning SHFFMC. It's not an impossible technique really, and it's well worth it I think.
Other than that, all stages but FD has platforms. Use them for missiles :)

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
Hmm well I feel that platform missiles have less approach potential than jump>missile techniques since you get some jump distances well as the dashes
I guess its something ill learn in the future but i can barely do FHFFMC :x i sometimes think swd is easier to execute lol

.tea©

Smash Journeyman
Last weekend I lost to Ares' Peach...again. :( I'm actually good versus Peach, but Ares figured out the match up sooo well (we're good friends so we play pretty often). As I mentioned in this thread earlier Peach can counter anything Samus does if she knows how. It takes a lot of experience for Peach to figure out that match up but as soon as she has it... damn. :( Samus has to make very good reads all the time to win. :( In my opinion one of Samus' worst match ups although I beat almost any other Peach EASILY. I will work on my homing missle game and go for more consequent jab and bomb pressure next time. I also need to DI her dair better (SDI down). I think I did it only once the entire WF set. Let's see how it will work out. I also tried out my sloppy Luigi in Grand Finals which I haven't been playing in months. :D I going to try Fox or Sheik next time as well if my Samus gets ***** once again.

Videos:
Winner Finals vs Ares http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0AFoZvcG8U
Grand Finals vs Ares http://youtu.be/cXYBc5j4CIY?t=11m3s
Loser Finals vs Fox128 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZGxtWud7Ho Third match I played kinda bad. I just wanted to seal the deal and went for Dsmashes on shield way to often hoping it would shield stab/thinking he would dodge because I grabbed him a lot in this set. I also missed some easy punishes and combos during this set. I'll do better next time. :)

Okay I know this post is kinda dumb because no one gives a **** but I felt like writing it. ^^

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
I too have problems vs Peach. I learned after playing a lot against Armada that:

Nairs should be DI'd down and away, alternatively crouch cancelled.
Don't go for grabs. Float beats it and you get punished.
Play on smaller stages. Her edge guard is better than yours.
Attack her out of her float. You can't reliably play out of shield vs float cancel.
From what I've read here in the Samus threads, you can shield grab her dash attack. I've heard you can lightshield grab her Dsmash too. I don't use light shield much, so I can't confirm.
Recover low. Your upB beats (all of?) her turnips.
Don't CC her Dsmash.
Be careful in camp wars. She will eventually pick up a stitch or bomb. Keep some kind of pressure.
I think it's possible to sweetspot the ledge under her dair. Not sure though.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Hax giving Samus some cred:

regardless of results at recent majors, IC's should be 7th/Falcon 8th. they have significantly better matchups vs the 4 S tiers, while Falcon is significantly better vs the A tiers (and beats IC's). matchups vs the S tiers are the most important thing by a longshot, though. IC's are borderline A tier, borderline B tier IMO.

SSS = Fox Falco
Borderline: Jigglypuff
S = Sheik
A = Marth Peach
Borderline: IC's
B = Falcon
Borderline: Dr. Mario Samus

C and below: Pikachu Luigi Yoshi Ganondorf

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I think Marth has some guaranteed dthrow -> fsmash at certain percents or dthrow charge shot too. You can also uthrow FFs at high percents and almost always land a charge shot. See Darrell/Knut for details.

Pi

Smash Hero
samus grabs are very flexible, what works at low % will probably work into death

tbh it's like that with most things

dtil/utilt/dair combo's into stuff for as long as you can reach them w/ your jumps damn near

not much % specific things you need to know to play samus imo, at least i get by w/o it

maybe darrells nair -> ball stuff

Top Bottom