• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Knut

Smash Apprentice
>opponent under platform
>bomb, bomb, AERIAL INTERUPT on platform into stuff (drop down bomb -> repeat? drop down nair?) sup
>tha pressah
i just read this again. i didn't catch what you mean at first. this sounds really interesting. samus, most technical char. lol.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
^ I think somewhere in there he had to drop through the platform first. Also, why were you banned Pi?

And I will master the Samus ditto. As much as I should be focusing on more likely matchups, I have to beat this Samus player near Yonkers NY who occasionally attends Tico's Smash Events. I will not lose to him. I swear it. I will beat him down on every level. I will practice for him like Armada/YLink.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Wow, it's really nice to see that Pi is back! Him and Duck were some of my greatest inspirations when I was trying to learn a lot of things about this character.

Yo, Pi, speaking of Aerial Interrupts, you should check out the new technology Knut has developed with it on BF plats. I've been finding a whole bunch of good uses for it.

About using Peach's turnips, has anyone ever tried MC > throw turnip > Charged Shot? I haven't tried it myself yet, but it seems like it would catch spot-dodges and roll pretty well. Perhaps one could grab the OoS reaction. Maybe if it's a stitchy or Mr. Saturn you throw, it could break her shield too; who knows? This is all speculation. :p

Pi

Smash Hero
@robin
no drop down thru platform, just rush them and if they shield bomb twice on it then waveland on the platform, or aerial interupt (double bomb -> AI is sketchy cause you go at different speeds, single bomb -> AI can be done reliably because you're always at the same height)

AI is easy enough to get consistent with, there is no reason you shouldn't do it if you know you're going to need to be on a platform (mid level plats at least, idk about dj -> AI for the high plats)

the reason i don't do it, is there is no reason, i should do it, so should you. samus has this tech that other char's don't we should abuse it, she needs everything she can get

hi all, i was banned cause i asked to be banned cause i dislike this place and wanted to see how i spent my time when i couldn't post here

overall the experience has left me indifferent. we'll see how/where it goes from here

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
TIL just how bad our fsmash is. All this time I thought it was pretty r@pe = (

Horizontal Forward Smash Power (measuring in FEET, tested in HRC at center of platform with sandbag at EXACTLY 100%):

1) Bowser: 493.4

2) C. Falcon: 326.1

3) Mr. G&W: 312.6

4) Marth: 307.7

5) Pikachu: 301.1

6) Dr. Mario: 293.4

7) Jigglypuff: 282.8

8) DK: 274.9

9) Roy: 274.2

10) Pichu: 254.9

11) Ness: 239.8

12) Luigi: 233.9

13) Y. Link: 2 hits: 231.3

14) Mario: 230.0

15) Falco: 223.1

16) Link: First hit: 102.1; Second hit: 219.8

17) Zelda: 218.1

18) IC: 216.8

19) Ganondorf: 209.3

20) Yoshi: 196.5

21) Samus: 182.4

22-23) Fox/Mewtwo: 161.0

24) Kirby: 160.4

25) Sheik: (1 hit): 72.5; (2 hits): 87.2

26) Peach: pan: 24.2; club: 58.7; tennis: 66.2

———————————————————

and this is for fully charged smashes at 100%…

1) Bowser: 1105.3 tipper, 1151 close hit

2) C. Falcon: 685.7

3) DK: 639.1

4) Pikachu: 625.0

5) Mr. G&W: 608.2

6) Jigglypuff: 596.1

7) Dr. Mario: 558.0

8) Marth: 534.4

9) IC: 515.1 (double smash)

10) Ganondorf: 469.1

11) Roy: 463.2

12) Mario: 452.7

13) Ness: 452.1

14) Luigi: 435.3

15) Falco: 423.9

16) Zelda: 394.7

17) Pichu: 354.3

18) Yoshi: 352.0

19) Samus: 340.8

20) Mewtwo: 332.3

21) Fox: 313.6

22) Kirby: 297.5

23) Link: First hit: 217.5; Second hit: 276.9

24) Y. Link: 2 hits: 243.4

25) Peach: pan: 56.4; club: 195.5; tennis: 83.3

26) Sheik: (1 hit): 105.3; (2 hits): 97.3

Credits: guacho8000 for making this list.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Umm, this means that our fsmash is weak, not that it's bad. The move's pretty fast and it seems a little disjointed. Our fsmash is probably safer on shield/whiff than most other chars' fsmashes, but yeah, it's not that strong. Samus is pretty low on kill power all-around actually.

Edit: The only move we have that I would consider "bad" is Samus' usmash, and even then, I've found some neat situational uses for the move.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I'm not saying it will change anything on how I used it. Just didn't know how weak it really was. I like catching people behind me with the last hitbox of usmash sometimes lol.

JamesBJames

Smash Apprentice
I played a bunch of games against Peach today, and I did a lot better :bee: Fair is so good! Also, I'm caught a few turnips, it was really really good. I need to get better at it. I still made some mistakes, but the matches were A LOT closer. Thanks for the help guys! I look forward to beating him soon :smirk:
more missile spam imo

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Peaches aerial movement is limited because of that janky DJ and her floatiness. She has a hard time with solid missile spam in my experience but for some reason she's good at closing space quickly when she's not being bombarded by missiles.

:phone:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I played a bit more of the Peach MU yesterday. That MU is definitely in her advantage, but it's a lot easier with a non-confrontational mindset, IMO. Whenever I tried to force things, I got punished and put into bad situations for the rest of the stock. When I missile spammed smartly and just moved away from her intelligently, punishing what I could, it was a lot better. Peach's float is SLOW. As long as we keep WDing backwards, she can't catch us. If she tries to corner us by the ledge, we can force ourselves under her with DA or chase her away with aerials used well. Don't forget that ever-useful Charged Shot.

About missiles though, it's not just as easy as "spam missiles". Because of how floaty we are, it's fairly easy for Peach to dash under us and catch us with DA. Her DA is really annoying actually. That's when the MC mix-ups come in. If we see she's trying to come in on the ground through the missiles, we need to utilize our mix-ups, such as MC > grab, MC > Charged Shot, and MC > shield pressure. Also, Peach's ledge options kinda suck. Take advantage of that jank!

In other news, I just can't.......beat.......Sheik. :urg: I can deal with good Falcons, both spacees, Marth, and Jiggs perfectly fine, and I even find them very fun, but Sheik just destroys me every time. It's like I'm not allowed to play the game. Every hit I land comes from a hard read or a dumb mistake on Sheik's part. We're not allowed to shoot projectiles a lot of the time, we're not allowed to CC, we're not allowed to come down from the air, despite being put there so easily, and we're not allowed to recover. I don't know; maybe I'm missing something, but I just can't do it. Don't get me wrong. I'm having close games against Sheik and taking some of them, but every time I win, I feel like I had to play ridiculously hard every second just to not get messed up and even that I shouldn't have won. :(

The two boons we have in this MU is that if the Sheik is stupid, we can CC nearly all of her attacks into dtilt/dsmash, and once we get her offstage, we're practically guaranteed an edgeguard or a LOT of additional damage, but it's sooo hard to get Sheik offstage, and a good Sheik will just needle, grab, and space aerials to avoid the CC.

Lolz, sorry for the rant, but I just came back from a fest where I was fairly successful against every char except......Sheik, and it's a trend that has even been continually affecting me even in tournament. Can I see some recent vids of good Sami beating good Sheiks? I need to see what's going on here.....

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Still waiting to see if his set vs PewPewU was recorded or not. Came down to last stock last match I heard. I hope it was :(

Violence

Smash Lord
I know what PewPewU does to Samuses.

He's quite good against floaties in general, and edgeguards Samus by attacking bombs.

If you go into the set knowing that, you can trick him sometimes by conserving your second jump.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Since this is the Long Island Social thread, I'm here in school in Farmingdale Mon - Thurs and Saturdays. We must outperform Florida = D

Pluplue

Smash Ace
I feel like I coulda beat pewpewu.
Choked a lot that tourney tho.

Also why are none of my videos up? They specifically told me to play on recording set-ups...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I recorded plup vs KK. I gave it to chibo. bother him about all the melee vids I recorded

plup vs. PPU was definitely not on a recording set up unless it was streamed. I don't remember ever seeing PPU near me. unless Juggleguy has it

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I know what PewPewU does to Samuses.

He's quite good against floaties in general, and edgeguards Samus by attacking bombs.
How does he do that? IIRC, lasers are transcendent and actually go through bombs.

If you go into the set knowing that, you can trick him sometimes by conserving your second jump.
I personally thought that Samus should always do that. :ohwell:

"Learn 2 place"? :confused:

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Recently I've been limiting my bomb usage when recovering and just trying to get back to the stage as fast as possible. Single use bombs to interrupt my flight path back to the stage as a mixup and sometimes the triple bomb falling thingy.

EDIT: Highlight photo of Apex 2013. Me ditto'ing plup with fellow Samus player Knut in the background.

Bing

Smash Master
You know whats fun? When a spacies trying to recover using there FireFox/Firebird/Up-B shiz and you're holding the ledge, so drop down, wall jump-dair. Dat Aint Falco.

Wall-jump nair is also beautiful

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Yo, RC is one of my favorite stages, after Poke Floats. No lie. :smirk:

Ah, ok. A little while ago, I met him at a regional down here in MD/VA (HYPERPhoenix) and he had tales to tell of this great Samus main who was far and away above the rest at his university in Massachusetts. His name: ycz. ;)

ycz12

Smash Ace
Oh, you live in MD/VA? I was in MD over the summer for an internship, hung out with a lot of the P:M/Imperial Legion guys (Jcaesar, Vist, CTL, etc.) I also kinda know sypherphoenix via GameFAQs :)

Top Bottom