• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I got 3rd in doubles at a midwest tournament yesterday. Lost to Kels/tink and cunningkitsune and little england if you know who they are.

didn't do too well in singles, went 2-2. lost to kels and juggleguy

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Plup your matches vs. Darc and PewPewU are up on YouTube. I'll post them here if you want when I get home. Your match against Lovage is also up but it's a third person recording. Still good quality though.

:phone:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
nope, I went all samus

since my controller was stolen at apex, I can't play my normal mains anymore. so I switched to samus

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Got some Samus vids together for your viewing pleasure guys:

Plup

vs PPU - Marth (Apex 2013)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PsS0td5DEY
vs Darc - Puff (Apex 2013)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPP5zPBWV9A
vs Lovage - Fox (Apex 2013)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XehPEaiPlxI
vs KirbyKaze - Sheik (Apex 2013)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CN_DegRzTs&list=UU8n1cOrfw2-8HihgxK38yWw&index=9

Esam

vs Diakonos - Sheik (Apex 2013)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGa6zvp0TPI&list=UU8n1cOrfw2-8HihgxK38yWw&index=19

Knut

vs Mafia - Falcon/Peach (No Johns Monthly 2/2/13)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jbhUWjP_DnY#t=451s

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
ESAM vs Javi wasn't recorded? Darn... :ohwell:

@Ripple: Juggleguy plays Falcon, right? Well if so, then losing to him is definitely respectable. Falcon's one of our hardest match-ups (I'd say second hardest after Sheik). Losing to Kels' Falco is always respectable. Welcome on-board, btw! :)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm just mad I didn't get the first game against JG since I was up a stock at the end.

Second game I forgot to grab and got d-smash happy.

Kels falco isn't great, I can beat it. He beat me with fox/sheik.

Expect greatness from me soon. I like this character

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Someone popped this onto the Sheik boards:
Plup vs KirbyKaze
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CN_DegRzTs&list=UU8n1cOrfw2-8HihgxK38yWw
Kinda relieved that I'm not the only one having trouble with a Sheik, but then again, this is KK we're talking about. **** can't possibly be easy. :ohwell: Still, good stuff on that second game! ;) You came sooooo close..... I'm pretty pissed at the tether that got you killed. :glare: Does anyone have any pointers for when to recognize that it won't sweetspot, because I'm still a little clueless about that. :confused:

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
^ I've been developing a method for knowing when it will sweet spot. I am about 95% of the time sure if ill sweet spot or not. It's not too technical but it has some quirks to it and knowing when and how to sweet spot could mean the difference between living or getting dsmashed on the edge by a spacey.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Wait, Samus' dash attack is good?!

I always found myself getting punished for it. Maybe it's just because I fight a Puff main most of the time...

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Oh, well yeah. Jiggs can crouch under our Dash Attack and punish us with rest or something. She's a weird case... :ohwell: In general, Samus' DA is pretty good. I'd say it's one of the better DAs in this game. I find a great use for it in every non-Jiggs MU, but it's really noticeable in the Marth MU because it messes with his spacing, puts Marth in a VERY good place for follow-up if it hits, and is nigh non-punishable if spaced correctly on his shield (as in, spaced insided him so that you cross him up and dash away from his back with the attack). DA > DA often works with DI away on Marth and DA > nair works with DI in.

The only 'bad' move Samus has is usmash. :p

Bing

Smash Master
Dash Attack combos into itself. Its hilarious. Also, you know whats fun? Jumping Off stage to a recovering Marth and using bomb dair(Bomb on top of Marth then immediately Dair) Its unnecessary but still really cute :p

you're talking about being pretty much behind marth's shield before pressing A to hit with a reverse dash attack and in the case of a Marth sitting in his shield, there are usually better options than running through him and dash attacking.

standing missile is good vs marth in the same sense that drinking your own piss in the wild is good. there's not too much else samus can do without being punished seeing how shff missiles are way too slow. the only things can samus can do in a neutral position are respace and standing missile.

also marth being able to fair oos anything but a perfectly spaced ftilt is stupid.

Bing

Smash Master
standing missile is good vs marth in the same sense that drinking your own piss in the wild is good. there's not too much else samus can do without being punished seeing how shff missiles are way too slow. the only things can samus can do in a neutral position are respace and standing missile.

also marth being able to fair oos anything but a perfectly spaced ftilt is stupid.
I ****ing lol'd.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Indeed. :smash:

I have a very hard time believing Marth is harder than Falcon. You can't CC Falcon to great extent like you can Marth. It's also easier to force Marth to mis-space. Marth also has to commit more to dealing with missiles, I feel like. I mean, both can aerial through them, but it's a huge committment for Marth to take to the air, just to deal with a missile. I've MC > CC > dsmashed before when I knew the Marth was too fair happy when dealing with missiles. Falcon can just nair through a missile and connnected nair = combo. We can't reliably CC his nair, either. Idk, Falcon just seems more hardwired to counter Samus than Marth does. All of this is IMO, of course.

Top Bottom