• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

abcool

Smash Ace

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Better homing on homing missiles, new usmash, all grabs can now grab in air(including extender), shorter short hop(was just something we were testing and are reverting now), and something else I think. That's all the changes to samus that I can remember.

:phone:

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Tournament tomorrow, last day of practice tonight. Mildly nervous, looking to playing smart however and within my game.

abcool

Smash Ace
Better homing on homing missiles, new usmash, all grabs can now grab in air(including extender), shorter short hop(was just something we were testing and are reverting now), and something else I think. That's all the changes to samus that I can remember.

:phone:
Did you add more KB to some of her attacks that dmash killed Fox at like 65% or was that just bad DI. I am kinda looking forward to a buffed Samus in SD remix. Be something to play with until P:M is finished.

abcool

Smash Ace
Sd remix is a mod of Melee to balance out the game and make all the characters viable. It also is similiar to Project M in making the stages more viable aswell. You can run the game if you have a hacked wii and an SD card.

It's a little harder to setup than Project M in the fact that you NEED homebrew to launch it, but once you do that you are set. I think it isn't released yet, so they are still working on it. You can check out Melee workshop if you want to become a playtester.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'll stick to regular Melee thank you. When PM has Samus, then I'll play a hacked smash game. :D Until that time, let's focus on making Sammy noteworthy guyz!

abcool

Smash Ace
you guys wouldn't it be amazing if smash 4 doesn't suck
It would be amazing if the next Smash isn't crap, but it will probably be Brawl without tripping and maybe more characters. Or something completely new and noob friendly, either way it ain't gonna be like Melee

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
> Go to Apex 2012
> Get destroyed
> Get motivated
> Play competitively for the following six months
> Sift threw a few characters finding "the one"(Samus)
> Go to first tournament since Apex 2012
> Face Eggm first round.
> Slit wrists

Nah but I did have fun, met a few locals that'd I'd love to practice with some more. Even met this ex-Samus main from Guam who taught me a few tips here and there. Share similar ideas. I mean I didn't lose to EVERYBODY, just everybody involved in tournament...

But the main thing I can take away from this tournament is I see now where the improvements need to be made. It kinda goes back on a post made by Plup. My job as a player is make every possible right choice given each situation and make that right choice consistently.

I notice I don't have a preferred attack when landing into someone's shield. Sometimes I think to L-cancel Dsmash, dtilt, or jab. What should I be doing? Or should I never have been in that situation in the first place?

My Samus is fluid, but not NEARLY as fluid as I know she needs to be. My L-cancels from the edge are pretty decent. I love uair onstage from the edge to l-cancel down tilt.

Geist

Smash Master
It would be amazing if the next Smash isn't crap, but it will probably be Brawl without tripping and maybe more characters. Or something completely new and noob friendly, either way it ain't gonna be like Melee
Well tbh they literally have the tekken team working on it
so it's at least going to be better than brawl

Still doesn't mean much at this point in time though lol

abcool

Smash Ace
Well tbh they literally have the tekken team working on it
so it's at least going to be better than brawl

Still doesn't mean much at this point in time though lol
This is how i see it in terms of them having the tekken team. I see it as them making the game the way Sakurai wants it made. It's suppose to be a fun, crazy party game. I think they will make it a fun crazy party game. I don't think they will say yeah we make fighting games so let's make Smash a fighting game. Sakurai will probably balance the game around items more and discourage competitive play again. I don't wanna be optimistic about this game because Brawl showed me it never works the way you think it will. I can't be let down twice.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm hosting a tourney tomorrow. I also now have a permanent recording set-up in my home.

Hopefully I'll have some more footage soon and you guys can see some EXTENNNNNNNDDDDDUUUUUUUURRRRRRR business.

Corigames

Smash Hero
>Started out the day sucking
>Making bad mistakes and doing bad habits
>Fail in teams
>Fail in singles bracket
>Start doing much better afterwards

I suck.

AntoPark

Smash Lord
I realized that when playing samus(or melee in general), confidence is everything.

Played in a tournament on Saturday and in one of my pools matches against a marth I knew I was better than, I started playing piss poor and got 2 stocked the first match.

I was thinking about what went wrong and I decided I just wasn't playing like my rambunctious self so I counterpicked to Yoshi's Story. Yoshi's is my favorite stage and I felt like it'd be a total mind**** to the marth if he lost there. I started off playing badly again, spacing terribly, missing my grabs, messing up dance dashes, and just depending on dash attack for everything.

I was down 3 stocks to 1 when I started coming back from my negative mindset of imagining what johns I'd tell everyone after I lost. I managed to bring it down to last stock each, but I was down around a hundred percent. I pulled off a decent 30% combo that I don't specifically remember except for the fact that it ended in a down smash like most of my combos do.

He mad ****ed up his recovery and I clinched up the match. I banned Yoshi's because I needed all the mindgames I could get my hands on and he took me to FD. I don't think it would've gone the same way if there wasn't a crowd hyping up the entire set, but the third match was entirely mine.

I was feeling really confident all of a sudden after coming back in the second match and I could visibly tell that my opponent was shaken up from his sd. I was doing pivot f-tilts because I could, dancing around his shield, not even grabbing it. Making smart plays and being as aggressive a samus can be. It was probably the most fun tournament match I've ever played in my life. I was overfilling with confidence and it showed in my play.

Man, I love samus.

Also, Eric. You going to come down for Kings of Cali?! hmu on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/antopark any samus main can add me if they want. We're all family here.

abcool

Smash Ace
Same with me. After playing PM and seeing my Wario get destroyed. I had this thought in my head that if i had Samus at least i would have been able to make a damn comeback and know how to setup into my kills. We then played Melee lol. This is the outcome when you have your actual main and the physics don't hold u back somewhat. I had put down Melee for sometime and didn't play it much when PM came out since the Bahamas community perferred PM over it. Now we play both again. Here is the match: http://youtu.be/SJdS8LWf3KA

AntoPark

Smash Lord
I wish it was recorded. Unfortunately nothing that tournament got recorded because of outlet issues.

It was just one of those matches where you realize that samus is legitimately a great character that's more than just about having alright moves.

so many feels for samus.

Violence

Smash Lord
Anto: Sadly, I can't make it. I know that Norcal is thinking about getting a van and riding down, though.

I got 9th at a recent tournament, Mango visited the Northwest and it was a grand ol' time. I didn't get to watch him play Samus, sadly, which was one of the reasons I went there. He apparently destroyed ThePrime in dittos, after ThePrime destroyed me in dittos.

I also beat a Marth up here, t-iceman, who I really wanted to beat. The matchup is pretty fun, imo.

Sadly... I didn't get recorded.

Top Bottom