• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Exactly why is Fox better than Falco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedGod

Smash Cadet
The only major differences are falco's blaster stuns, falco's shine bounces up instead of over and falco has a spike and jumps higher. Why is fox better?

takieddine

Smash Master
Play me. And you'll see.

Fox is faster, has greater mobility, better recovery, waveshines, drillshines, combos every character. Fox's shine is deadly off stage.

Upair and upsmash dont hurt either.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
The match up betwwen fox and falco is very even imo, maybe with a very slight advantage on fox favor nowadays.

But fox is just better overall, because of the shine, up-smash, good camping game, realiable combos and grabs

L__

Smash Master
The only major differences are falco's blaster stuns, falco's shine bounces up instead of over and falco has a spike and jumps higher. Why is fox better?
There are more differences that than.

Besides those two that you listed, Fox's recovery is substantially farther, horizontally and vertically. Another reason would be the fact that Fox's shine has a preset knockback which is incredibly deadly at low percentages which just means a quicker KO for those with predictable recoveries. (Falcon, Ganon, Fox, Falco, etc.) Not to mention that when a Fox builds up his speed, it's incredibly difficult to keep up with. I'll post up more reasons afterwards.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
I wouldn't say he's better but he does have advantages over Falco. Recovery definitely being Fox's biggest advantage over Falco. Falco is definitely much more annoying to fight though. Short hop laser is really annoying and pillaring is too good.

takieddine

Smash Master
The match up betwwen fox and falco is very even imo, maybe with a very slight advantage on fox favor nowadays.

But fox is just better overall, because of the shine, up-smash, good camping game, realiable combos and grabs
You arent playing very good falcos.

Falco vs. Fox can seem even, but Falco still has the slight advantage. Believe me.

Fox's matchups are overall better than Falco's when considering the whole roster.

L__

Smash Master
With the above post, I'd like to state out why.

With a Shine -> Wavedash (to follow DI) -> SHFFL Dair from ~0-36%

It's impossible to tech because if you pay attention to the Dair from Falco at that low of a percent you will notice that he does not completely fall down to the hit. Fox would more like flinch from the blow rather than a Dair at say 40+%

With that info, that would mean a spike from that low of a percent would mean that you could not tech the hit. Go ahead, turn on your Gamecube and try it. If I am wrong, my john is that Sakurai screwed my copy of melee. =\

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Another thing--> falco is a sexy beast, he pops his collar, and shoots his gun like an O.G.

but fox does have some sexy combo's, i'll give em that

lol@useless post<3

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
-Fox doesn't get gimped nearly as easily as Falco does. Marth ***** the **** out of Falco. Other characters can too, if they know how to abuse Falco's horrible recovery.

-Fox has an easier time with more of the general cast, like Taki said.

-Fox is more mobile, and is a better camper.

-Fox is better on, and can abuse, many more stages than Falco can. (Rainbow Cruise/Poke Floats/Dreamland for camping, Green Greens/Corneria/Yoshis for low ceiling ****)

-Fox has a purple colour with Purple boots.

-His shine is more viable vs. CC spammers, whereas Falco has more trouble combo-ing floatier characters. (i.e: Samus, Peach)

Oskurito

Smash Lord
You arent playing very good falcos.

Falco vs. Fox can seem even, but Falco still has the slight advantage. Believe me.

Fox's matchups are overall better than Falco's when considering the whole roster.
"The match up betwwen fox and falco is very even imo, maybe with a very slight advantage on fox favor nowadays. "

That was a completely baseless argument. I was just saying...( i thought u guys were doing good against falcos now...)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
It wasn't a baseless argument...

Falco ***** Fox in the match-up. Its also a known fact that Fox does better again the entire cast.
It was an argument riddled with many bases.

:)

takieddine

Smash Master
"The match up betwwen fox and falco is very even imo, maybe with a very slight advantage on fox favor nowadays. "

That was a completely baseless argument. I was just saying...( i thought u guys were doing good against falcos now...)
Just to clarify, you were talking about Fox vs. Falco as in the matchup itself? not the comparing characters.

Geist

Smash Master
They're both god-tier. It really doesn't matter who's better.
Fox just does alot better with any character than falco. Matchups is a big reason why he's better.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
fox can combo and kill out of throw

he gets gimped less easily

he's better in teams

he's much faster

his kill moves are easier to setup

in addition his matchups on the whole are better (although falco has better matchups with other people in top tier)

Eggm

Smash Hero
His movement is so much better his SHFFLED ariels are faster, he can jump out of shine faster, his shine has more range. his grab combos are better. Hes just an overall better character. I'm trying to change that tho with my falco. :)

Proverbs

Smash Lord
They're both god-tier. It really doesn't matter who's better.
Fox just does alot better with any character than falco. Matchups is a big reason why he's better.
They're Top tier, not God tier. They don't outshine (pun unintended) every character hands down. Nearly every or every character stands a chance against them. In the same way a Captain Falcon still has a chance against a Marth.

L__

Smash Master
what are you talking about fox and falco are top tier. marth sheik peach and capt falcon are next. then jiggly. and theyre high tier.
you're kidding right?

tier list goes as follows:

fox
falco
sheik
marth
peach
capt falcon
ice climbers

jigglypuff is 10th on the tierlist...

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
I dont think Fox is better than Falco-Fox falls way faster.
Fox actually does not fall faster than Falco. Fox has greater falling-speed acceleration than Falco. Falco, however (as well as CF), has a higher max falling speed.

Grunt

Smash Master
Ive been playing fox a lot lately ( a break from Falco ) and i gotta say, ****!
Fox is sexy in red boots.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Let's not forget that Fox's upb has a hitbox around it, while Falco's upb doesn't. Not like Falco's recovery is bad enough. Talk about adding insult to injury. XD

I haven't been to Smashboards in a while, but how come the avatars are above posts now instead of to the side, like it used to be. Small change, but still, I'm curious.

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
Ok well first of all the argument is pointless since choosing which space animal is largely a matter of preference.

Second of all, I am by no means a leet smash player at this point so u might not want to take my advice at all.

That said, I'd say that some arguments that could be made for fox over falco is that his run is faster, that he can jump out of his shine faster, that his wd is slightly more useful due to waveshine combo and how he can more easily combo out of his wavegrab. Obviously his recovery is noticably longer (his Up+b goes btw 1/5 and 1/4 longer than Falco's I think)

But I would say that my favorite argument for why Fox is 'better' than falco is that playing him takes a slightly higher level of technical skill mostly due to his 4-frame window for his short hop compared to Falco's 6-frame window.

Still it's totally preference.

Oh and I'm not sure about this but I think overall Fox's attacks might do slightly more damage than falco's. Ask the robot why he decided to play Fox if you can get ahold of him. He'll have all the real information.

-Vodage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom