• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo East Winners

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
EvoEast was amazing to begin with. Met a lot of cool people and met the same amount of *******s, heh. This is HIV+ from the weekend, and shoutouts to JJ, ElKumosatro and everyone else that made smash fun and great to play with throughout the event. Meeting the pros was an experience. Btw ChuDat, jesus christ get a job, stop asking to money match everyone for godsake. And goodjob at being a **** to my friend JJ and others for not even giving the time for one match when money wasnt on the line. You're friends were cool though. Congrats on M2K(your marth has gotten to a different level), PC Chris, Cactuar and Cort. Inui you did quite well in the finals. Wes you're a cool guy and I wish i would of talked to you more than an introduction, maybe next time.
At Evo, smash wasn't going to be accepted easily, but certain people made it easy for it to be accepted. The matches with m2k especially made it exiting to watch. To be honest im dissapointed to see such a difference in the social ability of certain people, and how it affects the gameplay for others. Forward, m2k, and inui, for god sakes you gotta realize that there are other poeple at this event who want a chance to play certain pros at the game, and you gotta realize that like any other fighting game, you give up the controller when you lose. You gotta show people at evo that this is a legit fighting game and act accordingly. If you want this game to grow with better competition and more exitement, you cant keep it between the people it has now, it has to grow.
For the people that did this, you cant be condescending with others. Team tournaments with Cactuar&Inui vs NObody&Nobody. Even the teams up, give them advise, talk with them, don't judge them and say they suck, like Inui did for 3 straight days. The smash community was represented at evo by people that kept to themselves and stayed with smash and didnt even bother to watch the other tournament fighters. This isn't going for everyone there, but the higherups of the game. PC Chris, Cort, Girl PeachPlayer(Im terrible with names) You guys made my weekend talking with you and watching you guys fight. I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way and automatically assume that I'm talking out of my ***, cause I'm not. I love playing this game, I liked talking to inui and chris about strategy and on how to improve my game, I liked heading to peoples hotel rooms to practice and hangout for smash. If this was OC, MLG, or some other tournament that is already acustom to smash, i wouldn't even bring this up, but this was Evolution. I want others opinions on this too. I want to know if I'm wrong and want to know what others thought of it. Overall I think smash did well, but not the path it should of taken.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
EvoEast was amazing to begin with. Met a lot of cool people and met the same amount of *******s, heh. This is HIV+ from the weekend, and shoutouts to JJ, ElKumosatro and everyone else that made smash fun and great to play with throughout the event. Meeting the pros was an experience. Btw ChuDat, jesus christ get a job, stop asking to money match everyone for godsake. And goodjob at being a **** to my friend JJ and others for not even giving the time for one match when money wasnt on the line. You're friends were cool though. Congrats on M2K(your marth has gotten to a different level), PC Chris, Cactuar and Cort. Inui you did quite well in the finals. Wes you're a cool guy and I wish i would of talked to you more than an introduction, maybe next time.
At Evo, smash wasn't going to be accepted easily, but certain people made it easy for it to be accepted. The matches with m2k especially made it exiting to watch. To be honest im dissapointed to see such a difference in the social ability of certain people, and how it affects the gameplay for others. Forward, m2k, and inui, for god sakes you gotta realize that there are other poeple at this event who want a chance to play certain pros at the game, and you gotta realize that like any other fighting game, you give up the controller when you lose. You gotta show people at evo that this is a legit fighting game and act accordingly. If you want this game to grow with better competition and more exitement, you cant keep it between the people it has now, it has to grow.
For the people that did this, you cant be condescending with others. Team tournaments with Cactuar&Inui vs NObody&Nobody. Even the teams up, give them advise, talk with them, don't judge them and say they suck, like Inui did for 3 straight days. The smash community was represented at evo by people that kept to themselves and stayed with smash and didnt even bother to watch the other tournament fighters. This isn't going for everyone there, but the higherups of the game. PC Chris, Cort, Girl PeachPlayer(Im terrible with names) You guys made my weekend talking with you and watching you guys fight. I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way and automatically assume that I'm talking out of my ***, cause I'm not. I love playing this game, I liked talking to inui and chris about strategy and on how to improve my game, I liked heading to peoples hotel rooms to practice and hangout for smash. If this was OC, MLG, or some other tournament that is already acustom to smash, i wouldn't even bring this up, but this was Evolution. I want others opinions on this too. I want to know if I'm wrong and want to know what others thought of it. Overall I think smash did well, but not the path it should of taken.
Awesome post there Slayer, couldn't have said it better myself. This was the first big tournament I've been to and kinda felt the same way. I was expecting being able to play all these friendlies with a bunch of people and help improve my game when half of the pros really just acted stuck-up and kept to themselves. The fact that it was at Evo and we're trying to prove to these people that Smash is just as cool as MVC2 and what not made it even worse. Especially hearing what you had to say bout Chu, that's just terrible, and I wasn't really getting any good vibes from PC as well. Also needless to say I was one of the ones waiting at the single smash TV for a match while Mew2King. Forward and 2 others (I forget who) hogged the TV. Atleast I was able to get some matches with people like Mew2King who actually turned out a bit cooler than I had thought. It's cool that he's no where near as serious as he is in tournament matches when he plays in friendlies.

7ak

Smash Journeyman
For the people that did this, you cant be condescending with others. Team tournaments with Cactuar&Inui vs NObody&Nobody. Even the teams up, give them advise, talk with them, don't judge them and say they suck, like Inui did for 3 straight days. The smash community was represented at evo by people that kept to themselves and stayed with smash and didnt even bother to watch the other tournament fighters. If this was OC, MLG, or some other tournament that is already acustom to smash, i wouldn't even bring this up, but this was Evolution. I want others opinions on this too. I want to know if I'm wrong and want to know what others thought of it. Overall I think smash did well, but not the path it should of taken.
Hey HIV+, I played your Falco 3rd round, we had a good close match on YS....most fun match I played that day, I wanted to play alot more but way too few TVs. My 1st tourney and 1st time playing people but at least I made it to the 3rd round.

I agree with alot of what you said, it was cool to see the pros play and most of them seemed nice enough but some of them were definitely being selfish with the 5-6 TVs that were there. I saw some of them playing lots of friendlies while people were waiting for tourney matches.....kinda inconsiderate.

In the future they should get at least 12-15 TVs, have warmups, actual pools and seeding, and maybe some officials b/c the rule enforcement was non-existant........could have counter-picked anything at anytime. If that whole room or 2/3 of it and the TVs were cleared for Smash after MvC was done it could've been great.

But overall, the people I met were really friendly and had great sportsmanship and I'm feeling excited about playing more people and getting more experience. HIV+ ggs, hope to play you again, maybe I'll go Falco next time.........my Marth had no exp. vs a Falco that could SHL.;)

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Definitly 7ak, that was a fun match. All you need for a fun match is good competition and good people. You can't have a good match unless you had both. You seemed like a cool guy and hope to see you at any other event. I'll try and get my falco better, and well ditto the **** out of smash until our cube implodes.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Shoutouts!

PC Chris and Kip: HOUSING RULES! Thanks for letting me stay at your respective places. Lots of friendlies, lots of practice, lots of learning. I know I can be a really moody guy and kind of... irritating to play with sometimes, but you guys were still cool.

Milktea: wtf girl ftw ?_? Pretty cool meeting you, you were much better than I expected. And you were also sort of cool in person, until you bled on my penguin XD Keep training and you'll be taking top 5-10 at major tournies in no time.

Zoso / Cort: STOP PLAYING TO WIN AND HAVE FUN GUYS, SERIOUSLY. Also: SHUT UP.

Chu: I'm pretty sure that apart from those top 8'ers matches, ours were the most incredible and intense of the whole tourney. Who said IC dittos were boring? Great meeting and teaming with you in friendlies, your Pikachu is too good (when you don't kill yourself ;D ) and my Kirby is ALSO **** amazing. Next time we'll get to team in tourney :D

M2K: Ow. Seriously. That freaking hurt. Good job on first.

Forward: AZ TOO GOOD! It was good seeing you man. You'll take it next time :D

Cactuar: WTF who were you? People will know the name of Cactuar for sure. Good friendlies and keep up the good work!

DA Dav3: ****, you made it to top 8 after going to loser's first round. Pretty good work, I think. I hope we can play friendlies next time.

The multitudes of people I met whose names I learned, forgot, re-learned and forgot again and feel like an ******* for not having better shoutouts to: good meeting you all.

All in all, a good experience for my first East Coast tourney. Peace, and see you next time :)

Vall3y

Smash Lord
good stuff. cool commentary and awesome finals got recorded, but doesnt evo take care of that?
LOL@wobble's avatar\sig

BUM163

Smash Lord
i wish i would of went.oh welllll.if anyone gonna b in the ny area message me on aol-oni163 is my name n we can play sum smash.i play wit dk as my main n every character in the game

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I wasn't there, but it's an unfortunate reality that it's kind of an unspoken rule in Smash that if your are a Name Pro then you can hog TVs all day long and refuse non-MM's. Obv there's exceptions to the rule...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I guess I'm guilty of some TV hogging.

But I made every TV I was at turn into teams play so four people could play every round instead of just two people, and this let two people alternate in and out each round with my partner getting to stay on. >_>;

M2K is the gayest ever with TV hogging, though... D:

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
@ HIV+: You are making a far bigger deal out of it than it really was/is. Pro players do mm's so they don't have to waste their time playing every random person that wants a friendly. When you play them, you are learning things about the game, and about the highest level of play, as well as taking away their time for warming up vs players of a similar caliber. You aren't even willing to pay one dollar for that?

Also, the time Chu was asking all your friends for mm's was because he had to pay for his entrance fee. We had spent the entire previous night driving, so we had no sleep, plus Chu didn't have enough money on him. We were just there until he made enough to pay the fee, then we were going back to PC's to sleep. Way to judge a person without even knowing the situation.

Don't start drama for no reason. We made an excellent impression to the Evo community. I know I made an effort to get acquainted with some of the players in the other fighting games (Bill Wellman (Deus) for one, jerk stepped on my foot :laugh: That guy was so good). We made our top 8's matches as exciting as possible, and the crowd was loving it, despite not having a clue as to what was going on.

There are high level players that make an effort to go around and play friendlies with everyone. Don't whine just because a few don't.

Aesir

Smash Master
cactuar played with me in friendlies a lot for some odd reason and was sandbagging hardcore. though in our tourney match he ***** me pretty hard it was nice since its been a while since I've been *****. lol

inui is gay literally LOLOLOL jk <3 baby dragonforce.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Here's some shoutouts!

>Wobbles
Our IC ditto in the winners bracket was so fun. I almost had you in that first match too, but then I don't know what happened in the 2nd one:laugh: You are a really great guy and it was awesome meeting you.

>Roy Hemenway
Fun playing you in the winners bracket. It's too bad we never got to do that Sheik ditto, but that's what happens when there's only a few TVs. Good luck at the other Evos!

>Cort
It was great to meet you after several years of misc. Stadium chat every once and awhile. I really wanted to get to play you though:( Amazing job beating Chu twice!

>Forward
I was that random ICs guy you teamed with briefly vs. Chu and Wobbles. Sorry I suck so much at teams and screwed you up a few times, but whatever it was still lots of fun in the end.

>m2k
I'm glad I got to meet and play you finally. Your technical skill with Falcon is way too good >_> Congrats on 1st place!

To everyone else (forgot some names, sorry), I enjoyed meeting and playing you. That Uno game was surprisingly fun too:)

Aesir

Smash Master
We use to play at PCGA but its been closed for a month so we're probably going to meet each other randomly in each others basements and stuff. >_> either that or DM

Bacardi

Smash Rookie
then where do all you guys live? I mean I am dead serious about playing this and you guys know what you are doing so between you guys and w2z I should be able to see alot of diff playstyles

maximuspita

Smash Ace
A top SRK personality playing smash seriously? It's more likely than you think. Grats to the winners, those finals were other-worldly.

Top Bottom