• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo East Winners

Bacardi

Smash Rookie
I play soul cal 3, I am pretty good in 3s like really good and in mvc2 I'm avg

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Yes, I love how a lot of Evo is accepting of smash bros. The tourny didn't have a lot of the top top players but it had pc and m2k, that's enough to make it amazing! I wish there were more vids though =(

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The tourny didn't have a lot of the top top players but it had pc and m2k, that's enough to make it amazing!
Yeah.

Forward, Wes, Wobbles, Dav3, Dire, Cactuar, Lord HDL, Cort, ChuDat, and Inui are garbage. :(

Lilman

Smash Rookie
lmfao ahahaha

on a side note, that finals set was awesome. I loved it when one of the commentators said "i dont understand this game at all...but its fantastic"
Those were good matches but the guy doing commentary plays Marvel so i pretty sure no one expected much of him. Hope Smash gets a good turnout for Evo World so i doesnt get thrown aside like that crap DOA4.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
i dunno if u can get more top than IMO top 2 players in the world - PC and M2K, along with other top 16s like Forward, Cactuar, Wes, Chu, and Cort. I don't know if all those are in top 16, but if not, it's close.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Cactuar, if you need me to zap some personality into you I will. Also, try and gain some weight, you don't look right. Wink ;-)

Who goes to a tournament and doesn't bring enough money?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Cactuar gain weight? He is the statue of David, d@mnit! He's so gorgeous! D:

He also has a fine enough personality already.

*fanboy*

Zerostance

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, I was the poor asian kid that was helping in running smash without a microphone. =(

The SRK staff did not have much experience running smash so I was asked to help out since I have some limited smash knowledge. I used to run a few tournaments down here in FL, but it has been at least 2 years since the last smash tournament I ran. Sooo...which is why I wasn't completely sure what rule sets most tournaments were using these days.

There are a lot of people in the fighting game community that sees smash as a childish, random, etc. Heck, I used to be one of them. The only reason I ran tournaments were for my friends. But after I actually sat down to play the game and learned the mechanics, then I gave the game a lot more respect.

In any case, I just want to thank you guys for going out there and putting on a show on what high level smash is like. You all definitely put on a show that opened a lot of eyes and turned a lot of heads. There are a lot of other gamers I know who are very interested in Brawl when it comes out, but they just figured it's too late to learn Melee at this point. I have no doubt in my mind that the smash community will explode when Brawl is released.

I do apologize that there weren't enough tv's setup for casuals, but thanks to those who understand all the other stuff going on. If any of you guys ever wondered, the SRK staff consisted of 8-10 of us trying to run tournaments for 7-8 official games. There was approximately 400-500 people in total that attended the event.

Bacardi actually did a great job commentating on a game he knew nothing about. I know the terminology, but lack the charisma and mic skills. =(

I won't be able to make it out to Evo West, but am trying hard to make it out to Evo World to help out with smash and all the other tournaments. Therefore, I created this thread so that you can help the SRK staff create one of the best smash tournaments out there.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=105116

Smash is definitely here to stay. Shoutouts to you all and remember to get hyped!

MrWizard

EVO Founder
We have all the matches recorded, and they will be released sometime in the near future.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
All of the top 8 stuff was recorded? Nice!

@Zerostance: Awesome, dude. I'm gonna try my best to make it to Evo World. I don't want to waste my advanced seed, and it'll probably be a lot of fun. XD

_kSo_

Smash Master
inui i didnt even know that was you for a while kuz i saw the sdaharu in front of it and didnt think about it lol

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I want to see my silly upsmash into double upsmash combo vs Forward :laugh:

Edit: Also because I'm not actually sure how I ended it after that. But I've been telling people it was something like a weak hit uair into fsmash (which it probably wasn't, only in my dreams >.>).

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
One more stock away from once again being the talk of the town =[

And I blew it.

Funny how I put Inui into loser's but he ends up qualifying haha..

Smash is -hilarious-.

Oh, Evo should probably pay someone to do Smash commentary, like maybe Dave.

Cause he's just gonna lose first round in advanced bracket to people I would have beaten anyway, like he did at Evo East, so he'll have plenty of time to focus on commentary skills.

Thanks Dave, for wasting my weekend!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

Cause he's just gonna lose first round in advanced bracket to people I would have beaten anyway, like he did at Evo East, so he'll have plenty of time to focus on commentary skills.

lol! Almost got in trouble by my boss laughing too loud at this one :)

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Man, those finals were pretty sick. that missed (I mean, I assume it was missed) ledge-hog on PC's part on Yoshi's really cost him.

Awesome stuff.

Master Chibi

Smash Cadet
I know I got / spread alot of hate on the Wobbles subject a month or two back, but I have to say you guys kicked *** at Evo East, watching the final 8 was fantastic, and there was alot of people who had never shown interest in the game before suddenly hyped up when watching finals.

Great job guys, you definitely opened up alot of eyes and minds this past weekend. Here's hoping it continues that way at North, West, and World.

:D

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Dire....

im dissapointed bro. No need to complain and hate just beast it next time man =[

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
Originally Posted by DireVulcan

**** ***** ****....Dont h8 the player h8 the game......

Dire ive beaten you in every single tourney we have ever fought in, teams and singles and I have NEVER posted on smashboards something out of context like what you did. Thus ill stoop down to ur level and h8 right back..

*Drinks a glass of haterade and gets in dire mode*

Dawgs, win a ****in tourney LOL. Its mad funny how u dont enter tourneys anymore cuz u know ur gonna lose and not even place. Last guantlet was too funny though how u told me u werent gonna enter singles and i even offered to pay for u to enter and u still said no cuz "u had to help" though after all of KF leaves u enter LOL. JUST TO FORFET TO WES! I mean wow dire that **** was mad funny made me think i was one of the best in the US again lol. But before you h8 even more remember the facts, u have never beaten me in tourney and have lost to many diff people. Once u beat the people i have beaten then u can say something about my skill. Havent you seen a pattern dire? Bum leaves u in teams, wes doesnt even team with u in teams and wes is amazing, rafa and u are just getting Pwned now in teams but random people. Step it ***** and just admit i am ur kryptonite so until u wear that protective suit when u fight me ur done. Other than that you should def QUIT like DJ saids and stick to break dancing maybe youll accomplish more @ breakdancing than what you have accomplished @ ssbm. <- laughs @ the fact that you still havent won a biweekly/tourney/smashfest LOL.

!PAPA DAV3 ALL DAY!

NOTE: I def didnt h8 first just felt like h8ing after i received it first so please no need to post some bull like "DAV3 U DNT GOTTA BLAH BLAH BLAH" Its done......There really is no comeback.

1 to the bunz

PS: U wouldnt of have beat cactuar he is not only gorgeous so he doesnt lose but also he was on fire and amazing. CACTUAR I LUV U!

Top Bottom