• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2k10

DC

Smash Cadet
Blazbluuuueeee<3

I just wanted to thank Benny and GDX for telling me they'd go with me, then bailing out near the end.

Psh, next year I'll plan to go alone. I had at least 4 people from Dustloop who could house me. :(

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
12:00 PM - Midnight Super Street Fighter IV

Saturday, July 10
Pool Play & Semis
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Tekken 6 Pool Play
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM Tekken 6 Semi-Final
3:00 PM - 9:00 PM Super Street Fighter IV Semi-Final

Sunday, July 11
Tournament Finals
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Melty Blood, Actress Again
12:00 AM - 2:00 PM Marvel vs. Capcom 2
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
4:00 PM - 4:30 PM Super Street Fighter IV Womens Invitational
4:30 PM - 6:00 PM Super Street Fighter II HD Remix
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Tekken 6
8:00 PM - 9:00 PM Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Exhibition
9:00 PM - 11:00 PM Super Street Fighter IV

OH MY GOD THAT LAST MATCH WITH THE POLIMAR COME BACK WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ****IN GOOD

DC

Smash Cadet
There is also a dedicated BlazBlue stream but I'm too lazy to get the URL.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Man Justin Wong losing the very last match was crazy to watch. Can't wait for tomorrow; today's showing was awesome.

Pengie

Smash Lord
I gotta admit I thought SF was a Sagat/Shoto fireball zoning circlejerk, but watching that Adon pressure Jwong was sexy.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Wow, this stuff is amazing. So many upsets. An EVO WITHOUT JUSTIN WONG IN TOP 8?!

I like how with every single match involving Abel, the other players let him roll right into them without punishing it, lol.

Never knew HDR Dhalsim was so ridiculous at rushing down.

Tekken 6 is stupid, but fun to watch. People still not having counterpick stages is stupid too.

I missed the TvC stream. :( People still constantly bashing it too :( :(

My friend, Silent Shinobi seems to have gotten 4th in his pool and placed... uhh... somewhere in the top 16 in Melty Blood. That means he's going to be on stream today. Awesome. Oh, and he won teams too with Brandino and Kusanagi.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
You're all just mad because you'll never have as much hype as a good fighting game tourney.

Or attendance.
You're just mad because you're not good at smash :o

jk jk

But Genesis was mad hype bro. And EVO has the advantage of hosting like 6 different fighting game tournaments and a year of preparation time. They just have better TOs, not better games.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Dark Sonic, SSF4 had 1728 people that entered. The largest Smash tournament wasn't anywhere near as big, ever. No amount of TO work, no amount of preperation time could ever get Smash to that number.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Dark Sonic, SSF4 had 1728 people that entered. The largest Smash tournament wasn't anywhere near as big, ever. No amount of TO work, no amount of preperation time could ever get Smash to that number.
Evo has 6 games going on, and a lot of people enter multiple games. Evo has been going on for years and has become the "go to" place for fighting games.

The numbers are indeed impressive, but that doesn't instantly mean that SSFIV is the greatest game in existence or something like Moony is implying.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
That's not what he's saying. He's saying Smash sucks.

If you hold a tournament with a year's notice, Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, Brawl+, Minus, and Killer Instinct, you still won't have 1728 people in a single tournament. Also, these games don't get as many cross over games as you think.

DC

Smash Cadet
lol nobody cares about **** Smash tournaments because the games suck the players suck and the... well the games suck again.

I hate Street Fighter but I'll be ****ed if I didn't agree that EVO is hype as all hell.

Anyways **** all this Jwong bs, anybody see that chick Kayane? I'd BANG BANG BANG BAAAANG~ her if you know what I mean.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I think one of the bigger reasons why Smash isn't as big as Super is because it is a completely different game from traditional fighters. Very often, you get fighting game players playing multiple fighting games because they generally share the same feel of fundamentals, but you don't see them do that with Smash. Smashers seem very dedicated to Smash and Smash alone as well.

DC

Smash Cadet
What chick DC? I hope you don't mean the Vega player. that was a dude. A very, very, very pretty dude.
Nah there was a female Chun Li player named Kayane.

I think one of the bigger reasons why Smash isn't as big as Super is because it is a completely different game from traditional fighters. Very often, you get fighting game players playing multiple fighting games because they generally share the same feel of fundamentals, but you don't see them do that with Smash. Smashers seem very dedicated to Smash and Smash alone as well.
Actually it's more likely because the series is bad.

DC

Smash Cadet
You're bad.

Get better.
Psh, ask about the time I went to Crashic's tourney with $1 in quarters and left with more money than 3rd place got without entering the tourney.

My argument stands.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Since when did you need another reason to play a game competitively besides it being fun?

Who gives a **** if smash wont get as many players as SF, the tournaments are still big. Last i checked there isnt some huge bet running to see who can get the biggest tournament.

Kids who compare the 2 games competitive scene like theres some type of ...competition inside of the competition are ********.

DC

Smash Cadet
I think we were comparing the hype but that could have been lost in discussion.

thx

Smash Ace
i mean its also been around for much longer than smash has lol

Top Bottom