• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2013 Final Results

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
GGS to everyone. No shoutouts for now.

Why?

Because my dad made me get off the computer before I watched who won.

I'm so depressed right now.

I feel just like
Hungrybox

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
There is an issue with the results - anyone want to be detectives and figure out where things went wrong?

This bracket from EVO: http://evo2013.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/ssbm_i57.html

Makes this match starting at the 10 minute mark (Axe vs. Fiction):
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/430025062

Impossible. Any help in figuring this out would be appreciated.
As stated before, I think Darkrain beat Bladewise, and then Fiction beat Darkrain. The evo bracket seems to have been mistaken.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
WOW wobbles good job man! so refreshing to see a top 4 with no repeat characters.

Lucidx

Smash Rookie
Pretty sure Mango only played fox this whole tournament. I could be wrong though, can someone confirm this?
Along with his Sheik, Mew2king played Marth vs Armada, and also played Fox vs Hungrybox.

Comatose

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sure Mango only played fox this whole tournament. I could be wrong though, can someone confirm this?
Along with his Sheik, Mew2king played Marth vs Armada, and also played Fox vs Hungrybox.

Mango went falco vs jman I believe

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
I gotta say, very nice to Taj for using a Mewtwo and placing high (even though he had another higher tier player).

And dang, I've still never seen Cosmo actually play Melee. I'd like to see some footage of that.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Congratulations to everyone, especially those finishing in the money!
Mango went falco vs jman I believe
Mango also went Mario for one set against a Mario player (at the beginning of the tournament). I can 100% confirm this (it's at the beginning of the day 1 stream).

baka4moé

Smash Champion
There is an issue with the results - anyone want to be detectives and figure out where things went wrong?

As alluded to before in this thread, somehow they (Axe and Shroomed) just got switched when they went to loser's for some reason. I saw the rest of the bracket matches firsthand, and that seems to be the only mistake. Fiction beat Darkrain and lost to Axe, and Lord lost to Shroomed. So, please note that Fiction and Darkrain need to switch places in the results.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Amazing event. Congrats to Imadh(IB) for placing 33rd and Summonedfist for placing 49th!!

135k viewers on stream is absolutely incredible, and I can imagine we will see a large amount of fresh meat entering the scene as a result of this tournament. Thanks to everyone who made this event possible!

Let's hope we are invited back next year!

Djent

Smash Champion
Could Lord and Fiction have been paired against the wrong opponents by mistake? Perhaps a silly suggestion, but the EVO bracket's seeding looks totally correct. Lord/Wobbles happened, and the loser seeds to the bottom of the bracket as shown. Darkrain is also in the right position, having started Quarters in losers'. Furthermore, every other bracket has matches M and N seeding to the opposite side of losers' bracket. I really hope that this isn't the case, but I'm starting to think it is.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
sunday was the most nervous ive ever been in my life x__x i feel like my hands just froze up on me at many points

im really glad mango won though

This tourney happening was really good for the future of Melee and Smash 4 imo

also this is unconfirmed but I heard from some people that Mr.Wizard said he wants us back next year?

I am going to mexico in a few days to fight Javi and their other top players in a big tournament. It will be under clashtournaments stream(twitch).

Please follow/like/subscribe to these below :
www.twitch.tv/mew2king (I will play melee/projm/smash4/Megaman2/megamanunlimited/etc on this soon after I get partnered)
www.twitch.tv/clashtournaments (streaming the mexico tournament this weekend that I hope Javi shows up to)
www.twitter.com/ct_mew2king
www.facebook.com/clashtournaments
www.facebook.com/mewtwoking (I'll be using this for everything very soon).

Djent

Smash Champion
At the risk of getting peoples hopes up, I'll say this: Smash will be back at EVO. It had too good a showing not to be.

Which Smash game is chosen and when it comes back are contingent upon the quality and release date of Smash 4.

Feel free to hate me if I'm wrong, but I won't be. Embarrass

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman

He didn't win with Marth against Armada or Fox against Hbox. I'm pretty sure they only list characters that a player won with in results

Eval

Smash Journeyman
EVO 2013 RESULTS
_________________________________________________​
July 12th-July 14, 2013​
Las Vegas, Nevada​
135,000 concurrent stream viewers
$95,000 raised for breast cancer research
696 Entrants
Videos can be found here!
$6,960 pot goes to top 8 - unconfirmed distribution

65. lk007 :peachmelee: <-- This is me although a friend gave me his registration. For whoever was wondering.

Brackets can be found by clicking here!

Evolution 2007 said:
SSBM Results (approx 270 entrants):

9th: Edgar Valentin
Times have changed drastically!

Not happy with my placing but not bad for an old dog with a dead scene! See ya at Apex 2014 and maybe RoM!

Nice seeing you guys again and nice matches to whoever I got to play!

PS. Only thing I didn't like from my pool was seeing people getting 2 byes in a row in the brackets quarter finals while other having to play 2 people for those 2 rounds. :/

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

darkrain lost to fiction, dunno if there's anything else wrong. i heard talks of bracket floating going on, though, which might make sense since shroomed and lord live near each other.

i have a lot of shoutouts to write...

xJin678

Smash Cadet
Just a minor correction since I actually main Falcon and only use Fox for certain matchups. Otherwise, good **** to all the competitors at EVO! Had a great time playing friendlies with people outside the region and competing with top players :).

-Lord

Top Bottom