• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event 52 - PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED - $500 OOS Bonus- Kansas City, KS - Oct 18th-19th

forkgirl

Smash Lord
omg take me with you. I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want to go too.:) Don't really care how much it'll cost, but I've been wanting to do as much traveling as possible before I have to get a job again.
well right now its looking like a long shot. Since our bigscreen broke while moving, Adrian wants to get a new tv first (an expensive one too) and THEN go to tournaments ;_; tv can wait imo lol

**** tv ruins everything...but i'm still trying REALLY hard O_o we'll see:urg::psycho::confused::dizzy::mad::ohwell::(:p

Big_R

Smash Champion
lol this guy ^

ya idk if i have to do important things in class friday and ppl wanna leave thursday. the only ride i can work at at least.

so ya i mayyy have to party with trail at the mich st game lol

we will c

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
If you do, can you teach Trail how to drink a beer? I tried to take him under my wings, but that guy is a total scrub.
For the last time ... wine coolers aren't beer and a refuse to drink them.... Contact me when you feel like drinking a man's drink... the heavenly mixture of hops and malts.... known as beer.

Mars-

Smash Champion
dont Worry About It

I Got This =(
Mm?
i'm Actually About To Register Now

And I Kind Of Like That This Is In Regional Zones. It Says To Me: Melee Is Is Still Alive, Because We Can Get A Monster Tournament Without Even Advertising In Tournament Listings.

Get A Taste Of That, Brawl. You Cockbag.
Mm?
i Want To Go To This, I Just Need To Request Time Off From Work. Anyone Mm?
Mm?
samus Ditto Mm?
Mm?

By the way tink you gotta update me on if you still need a ride or not because I gotta figure out where I am staying and such.

Zjiin

Smash Master
For the last time ... wine coolers aren't beer and a refuse to drink them.... Contact me when you feel like drinking a man's drink... the heavenly mixture of hops and malts.... known as beer.
You know the trick to drinking beer is to have more than a couple without sobbing, right?

hugQ Cortex

Master
If I only want to do singles...do I have to be there at 9:30am for check in? Or can I get there like in the early afternoon and wait for singles? My arrival time doesn't look too promising (9:35am...). ...But still REALLY interested in doing doubles. Team anyone?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
You know the trick to drinking beer is to have more than a couple without sobbing, right?
im about and 14 and haven't sobbed! im getting close tho....

rofl jk

gl everyone, i really hope the turnout is good..i hate brawl and want melee back

hugQ Cortex

Master
Darkrain, can you pick me up from the airport? Or can anyone else pick me up plz?

Arriving at MCI, Delta Airlines 6441, Saturday Oct 18th 9:35am

WATTY, YOU BETTER COME TO THIS

Jesi

Smash Ace
HUGQ - darkrain and dmac and possibly me will be running people back and forth from the airport. PM darkrain with your information as well in case he misses it here.

Should I take Eggz off the list then? hmmmm?? Lame lol

We're at 149 though, so we'll probably get between 130-160 depending on how many people **** out and how many people get lucky last minute and get to come.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to get a down loadable schedule out yet, this is my finals week...maybe next week... we'll see! :)

P.S. I did some math for those of you who are interested:

A recap:

Entry Fees
- $20 for Singles
- $15 for Doubles

Pot Split
- 1st - 50% + OoS Bonus so...
- 2nd - 35%
- 3rd - 15%
- 4th - $20

With 150 entrants at $20 a piece for singles ONLY.
$3000.00

1st: $1500 + $500 OOS bonus = $2000
2nd: $1050
3rd: $450
4th: Gets there moneyz back $20

I'm not sure if we're splitting the pot the same way, I'll have to clarify with darkrain, for teams but with 150 people the total pot will be at: $2250.00 ($15x150 because it's 15 per person or 30 per team).

Rest assured, there will be a security guard there haha!

dmac

Smash Champion
dark and i are definitely not going to be able to goto the airport on saturday morning at that time, theres gotta be someone else to do that. seeing how registration starts at 9:30 we're going to need to be finishing setting up or near finished setting up by then.

edit : friday is the 17th. you have it listed as saturday the 17th, please clarify

Jesi

Smash Ace
OIC yeahhh if it's on Saturday you're going to have a hard time finding someone... me, maaaaybe... we'll see. Otherwise i'd look up taxi's real quick lol. oorrr you could see if anyone else is coming in on that time.

hugQ Cortex

Master
Sorry, I meant Saturday the 18th...

****, looks like I'm gonna have to taxi/shuttle it :/, unless someone would be willing to pick me up.

From the looks of it, I'll probably show up at the venue at around 10:30am on Saturday. Can my team be the last in the pool to play out its matches?

Btw, the Days Inn on 9630 Rosehill Rd, Shawnee Mission, KS 66215 is much closer than the one Darkrain mentioned in the first post. Two blocks north from the venue, 1.88 mi. $42.50 Sat, $39.09 Sun.

Savedge

Smash Apprentice
I am looking for a teamate for this.. im not sure who all is going and don't feel like looking through all 60 pages of the thread.....

Apply within.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
HUGQ, you should limo yourself straight to the venue [by limo I mean pre-arranged pickup, not luxury stretch car], then someone later in the day could take you to your hotel. If you're worried about your stuff, I can lock it in my car.

Entering the pools an hour after they should start? Personally, I don't see that delaying the pools too much, as long as you grind through all your matches quickly when you do arrive. That's really up to Jesi and Darkrain, though whether they should trust putting someone in who hasn't yet paid.

hugQ Cortex

Master
HUGQ, you should limo yourself straight to the venue [by limo I mean pre-arranged pickup, not luxury stretch car], then someone later in the day could take you to your hotel. If you're worried about your stuff, I can lock it in my car.

Entering the pools an hour after they should start? Personally, I don't see that delaying the pools too much, as long as you grind through all your matches quickly when you do arrive. That's really up to Jesi and Darkrain, though whether they should trust putting someone in who hasn't yet paid.
Well, I suppose I can pay Darkrain or Jesi for my doubles fee via paypal or something. I don't think I'll be there an hour after doubles start, most likely just half an hour (10:30am). My idea is that the other ppl in our teams pool would play out their matches first, so that by the time I get there my teammate and I would play the remaining matches out straight to finish the pool. Can I do that?

dmac

Smash Champion
remember if you can we DEFINITELY NEED SETUPS. even partial setups if thats all you can bring, we need anything and everything! if you can fit it in your car, we need tvs, we needs cubes, we need power strips, we really want to have 32 setups to make this tourney smooth so if you can do your part, pleasepleaseplease do so

Top Bottom