• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Europe release

Roller

Smash Legend
I'm going insane from the wait, the worst part is I can't even preorder one..... I swear I will kill if they sell out.
Don't worry, I'm in the US and from the time it has come out to now I have never seen a videogame store sold out of them. They made a ****load of copies.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
If only the French would bother to learn ENglish, then you have to wait months for this ****.
what is your problem? I am fluently in english, and am happy that this game comes out in german

(for your problem, just put in french into the sentence^^)

I am glad, that they decided to translate it. i don't like it, that people think, english is the only true language (not that english is bad or anything :lick: )

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
The difference is, French people are all like
"Pourquoi apprendre l'Anglais? Français, on y peut faire tout!"
Also, they dub everything. On French TV, I can't understand anything because the English is dubbed over.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
The difference is, French people are all like
"Pourquoi apprendre l'Anglais? Français, on y peut faire tout!"
Also, they dub everything. On French TV, I can't understand anything because the English is dubbed over.
uh... does it count for me? I doubt that this game will be in norwegian anyway... it's just a few games that actually is translated to my language...

actually... not even the instruction book is in my language:-P
I did just wait for the game because I want to be sure that it's in good conditions...

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Games almost never come in Dutch either. The ones that are are usually...only in Dutch. Like Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets >_<

Off topicness. But we need to kill time.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Well games almost never are translated into my language aka Finnish, and I´m very glad about that. Those few that I have encountered as in Finnish have always been pure pain to listen. I still get nightmares of the very first Harry Potter game´s Finnish voiceacting, it was just plain horrible...

what is your problem? I am fluently in english, and am happy that this game comes out in german

(for your problem, just put in french into the sentence^^)

I am glad, that they decided to translate it. i don't like it, that people think, english is the only true language (not that english is bad or anything :lick: )
It´s the difference in the cultures, or so I´ve been taught. Lots of TV shows and games are dupped in there, right? That´s why you´ve gotten used to hearing your own language in them. In Finland we dup very rarely anything, so I often just can´t stand Finnish voiceacting in foreign series.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
Games almost never come in Dutch either. The ones that are are usually...only in Dutch. Like Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets >_<

Off topicness. But we need to kill time.
oh? actually... the only norwegian Harry Potter is the last one that has come out... Harry Potter and the order of phoenix... I did actually test it out a little and figured out that... and actually, you can also get it in english and other language... so that's cool...

oh... and about that... killing time...

Killing time

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Epic TV ads? Blasphemy! Do they, perhaps, not contain

-lots of KOing to promote combat
-Stupid people sitting on a couch having fun
-players using online taunt messages for no reason at all
?

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
hey! i do that aswell.
I mean, more like saying "NICE!!!11111oneoneone" three times when people are taking shots at you. That was the case in the "How to Play" (yeah, right) video on the Ninty channel.

If I were to do it, I'd start with a Ganondorf hanging from the edge and a DeDeDe named "SAKUR" charging an Fsmash, then have Ganon get up and do his backhand slap, with a subsequent "/facepalm" as message.

Yeah.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I haven't seen any ads as of yet.

Good Lord, only 3 days.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Wow, that was short. No explanations, no gameplay, nothing. Luckily I don't have to stand TV commercials, only the ones in magazines. Some of those are pretty weird too. As an exsample, there's this one with large picture of Zamus with following text:
"New brawler joins the fray! One of SSBB's many new fighters is nimble and athelic zero suit Samus!"
and pretty much nothing else in the page.

I mean, what's that about? Are they trying to sell Brawl with sex? Jeez...

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
I kinda like it. They don't make yet another character roll call as if anyone doesn't know the whole roster by now.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
but every other german wii ad had people sitting on a coach playing the wii games... like metroid prime 3, mario strikers charged, mario kart wii, mario galexy, even wii sports and wii play

ynnek123

Smash Ace
Actually, i'd be overjoyed if my local game store were to run out of copies, because then I'm sure I'm not the only one in my region who plays smash.
I play smash :p

3 days left, I can't wait anymore!!! T.T

The main reason I can't stand Dutch VAing is...
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...se/Benelux.gif
You couldn't be more right about that. Netherlands' voice acting is perhaps the worst i've ever heard!(i.e. yugioh GX >_>)

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
oh... and actually... I promised my grandmother to see her because she lives near the place I'm going to buy my game... so I wonder how that goes... sitting there with brawl in the backpack and not being able to play it :-P

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
oh... and actually... I promised my grandmother to see her because she lives near the place I'm going to buy my game... so I wonder how that goes... sitting there with brawl in the backpack and not being able to play it :-P
I hope she won't pull that "Oh shush...you'd rather play a video game than be with grandmother" bogus on you.

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
The TV ads here are short too but we get 2 brawl ads in every break they appear in. They show a character, their final smash, the picture of some characters in the sunset and a voice saying, "comes out 27th of June!"

I have seen a Link, Sonic, Snake and Mario brawl ad. No people running around and shout "look at me! I can move the wii remote as fast as link doing Triforce slash," in the ads (HOORAY!)

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Yeah.... legit Brawl sounds like the OMFGWTFBBQEXPLOSION type, for sure.

I'm really looking forward to it - I was planning on going to Asda for a midnight release but I've got a big weekend ahead of me, half of it is Brawl, half of it is my other life, haha. I think I'll capitalise on some sleeping chances.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
I hope she won't pull that "Oh shush...you'd rather play a video game than be with grandmother" bogus on you.
well... still... my mounth ticket runs out at 14.54, so at least, she can't keep me so long that my ticket won't last all the way home... but I guess I won't be there more then a few hours anyway...

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
I on my behalf would like to say I fell sorry for you guys and you have a hella patience span waiting 3+ whole **** months after its release here in the U.S.I hope you guys have fun with the game because each and everyone of you deserve it.Knowing me,Id probably would of cracked by now but still,good **** U.K players.:)

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
One day till I can pick it up, three days till I can finally play... Gawd.
It's the same for me..
Getting it tomorrow (I hope) but not going home until sunday/monday..
So close yet so far ._.
Couldn't agree more.. But think positively, Europe has already waited four months and now it's only a few days more.

Amaggad

Smash Apprentice
YAY! almost here...
im pissed off though. My m8 ordered it from Game.co.uk and they delivered it to him TODAY !

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
yea... It's actually less then a day until I will have this game in my hand... omg... I have waited so long...

Top Bottom