• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Europe release

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
I have a question for you all.
If you've never played this game before and go to a launch tourney where a widescreen TV is the prize, would you be pissed if someone starts missile cancelling as Samus? Or are you too happy about playing Brawl?

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I would just start spamming kirbycides and Zelda´s lightning kick. No matter what, they surely can´t beat those two with any kind of skills...

Seriously though, I don´t think that I can think anything else but Brawl for a long time from now on, so I propably wouldn´t even notice even if I won the first price, yet alone if someone would be missile canceling or not...

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
People will probably be far more concerned about getting used to the Wiimote in one of those launch tournies.

Sooooooooo close now....

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
wow, the pre-brawl hype for me is over as of tomorrow. Can't wait, but it'll be weird owning the game rather than obsessively tracking it's development. Still miffed at no megaman. :(

ynnek123

Smash Ace
A few hours? AAAHAHAHAHAHAH

BTW, I just found out there's a Widescreen TV tourney near me.

ARE THERE TOURNIES IN BELGIUM?? O_O please don't tell me it is in Brussels >_>

btw, I had a message from my local game store that Brawl was in the stores :D but I ain't allowed to get it 'till tomorrow T.T

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
People will probably be far more concerned about getting used to the Wiimote in one of those launch tournies.

Sooooooooo close now....
You know that one of the main rules on tournies is "brig your own controller". So, you don't actually have to vory abouth getting the wiimote :-P

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
27th June should be an official flagging day in every European country...

it'll be weird owning the game rather than obsessively tracking it's development.
Indeed...

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Game is great, going through Subspace.

I'll update later tonight with FC, I tried 'With Anyone' and it wasn't as bad as I had feared.

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
I can't believe you guys actually waited o_o; Well, at least you can still unlock everything and get that warm feeling every time you get a notice =D

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
I have tried it now... SSE is one of the best stories ever. It's so interesting story that I get really surprised. it's not like every pokemon character is on pokemon stages...

wow... some of the scenes... they are just so tuching... no, I will not spoil anything here... just telling that it's just tuching to see what happens...

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Any Europeans new to the game like me want to try out online tomorrow?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Stop comparing both games.
No one is comparing anything. Just because someone prefers one game over the other does not mean they are "comparing" the two. Captain Falcon is so much more fun than Mewtwo. Did I compare the two? No. Is there anything wrong with me preferring one character over another? No. Is there anything wrong with preferring one game over the other? No.

People are so sensitive when "Melee" and "Brawl" or mentioned in the same post.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Brawl is a fun, entertaining, great game. Let's see how long the fun lasts. And yeah, it plays very differently from Melee.

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Samus looks better in Brawl than in Melee.
/****fest

Also, add my new friend code if you like. I'll add all of the "new" people.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Added Thingy.

Again tried out 'With Anyone' today. Again, not too bad.

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
I'm doing as much as I can to avoid ever having to touch SSE again.
Only G&W, Sonic and Rob remain. And the forbidden three, of course. But I'm not interested in those.

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it's the American and Japanese people who have no taste in good games.
Why of course, seeing as generic iterations of the same soccer game made by EA continue to top Bioshock on the UK sales chart.

And enjoy SSE while you're not sick of it yet. I thought it was fun at first, too.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
@Thingy
Yea, I am actually serious. No, I don't think they changed the pal version... the kind of way that the characters supporting each other, making sacrifices, missunderstand each other... yea, it's a great story... You don't need the speaking because it's really easy to see what's actually happening.

actually... I have found SSE to be a great way to know all characters. Since I'm actually able to use different characters and change witch I'm using trought the game, so then I decided to change character to be able to use characters I haven't tested out, so when I'm done, I will actually have tested out at least mostly of the characters.

Top Bottom