• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Euro. Ruleset : Vote on the number of starters

What number of starters would you prefer ?

• 3 stages

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • 5 stages

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • 7 stages

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
About the Shoryuken guys...
Uhm, I've never seen someone register on SWF or any other Smash-related forum merely to bash Smash. If they do, then they need to get a life. I've never seen a Street Fighter-player bash Smash though, and I do frequent the Shoryuken-boards for quite a while now. The only time I heard something that came even close to it was at a game tournament where both games were present and the commentators of the SFIV-stream said that Smash has like 800 viewers while SFIV has only 300 or so. I forgot exactly what it was. But it was definitely no actual insult, more like a "Come on guys, we gotta beat them out.".

However, you are sharing the same game series with the Brawl-players. If you don't like the game, then that's your decision, I don't care what game you prefer or play. But trolling other people for their own taste is awful. That's like if there was a forum about 2 bands with different styles but they shared like, the singer, and the fans of one band come into the subforums of the other band and started flaming it. It's dumb. And since Brawl's release, a lot of Melee players trolled the game. Hell, in the first 4-6 months, they even signed up troll accounts to flame the game and its players.

The American community has come over it, finally. But the Europeans are obviously more stuck-up and live in the past if they still can't get over Brawl being a game that is being played.
You should be aware of the fact that Brawl is actually bringing in Melee players, too. But by making stupid comments all over the place (and that doesn't mean you specifically, but the Melee-community as a whole), you're not helping your image a lot.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
About the Shoryuken guys...
Uhm, I've never seen someone register on SWF or any other Smash-related forum merely to bash Smash. If they do, then they need to get a life.
How is that even remotely similar to what I did here? I registered here way before Brawl was even announced. :laugh:

I've never seen a Street Fighter-player bash Smash though, and I do frequent the Shoryuken-boards for quite a while now. The only time I heard something that came even close to it was at a game tournament where both games were present and the commentators of the SFIV-stream said that Smash has like 800 viewers while SFIV has only 300 or so. I forgot exactly what it was. But it was definitely no actual insult, more like a "Come on guys, we gotta beat them out.".
If you've never seen Shoryuken people bash Melee you're purposely not looking.

However, you are sharing the same game series with the Brawl-player. If you don't like the game, then that's your decision, I don't care what game you prefer or play. But trolling other people for their own taste is awful. And since Brawl's release, a lot of Melee players trolled the game. Hell, in the first 4-6 months, they even signed up troll accounts to flame the game and its players.
What does this have to do with me again?

Also, the reason why Melee players care so much about bashing Brawl, is because unlike the Shoryuken people they actually expected something from the game and were disappointed.

The American community has come over it, finally. But the Europeans are obviously more stuck-up and live in the past if they still can't get over Brawl being a game that is being played.
If you got all that from my post you're absolutely insane. I hate Brawl, yes. But I couldn't care less about who wants to waste their time playing the game. That's entirely up to them.

You should be aware of the fact that Brawl is actually bringing in Melee players
Only the ones that suck at Melee or those that play for money.

But by making stupid comments all over the place (and that doesn't mean you specifically, but the Melee-community as a whole), you're not helping your image a lot.
You shouldn't judge an entire community for what a few members do.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Considering that I've seen the majority of the Melee community have the same mindset as you, and actually KNEW that a Melee player would make a stupid remark in this thread... I guess I can judge it and even do it correctly.

And just because you were disappointed by Nintendo, you don't have to aim your anger at the people who enjoy playing Brawl. Aim it at the people who made Brawl and send an angry letter to Nintendo or something. But giving its community a hard time by constantly bashing it (and yes, it's not only you, it's a lot of people who do that) and derailing threads that are aimed at the Brawl community is not what you should do.

Live and let live. Play your game with the other people who want to play it with you and just leave the Brawl players play their game. We know your hatred for our game. You don't have to express it daily.

If you want to vomit at someone, vomit at Nintendo, not at the Brawl community.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Come on, man. Can't you stop taking things seriously ? I mean, I know the topic is touchy, but still =/

You have to face the fact that trolling Brawl IS FUN. It really is. Now, it doesn't mean we blame you for liking it or anything. We're just saying random **** since it's funny. Recently, after a Brawl tournament, I went to a restaurant with some Brawl players. Every time they made something wrong, or every time I did something better, I was like "Hey, I'm a Melee player, you play Brawl". And it just made them laugh, because they knew I was just talking ****. I'm currently discussing with Amsah about that, and we're thinking the same thing : Brawl players are nice, and bring something new, which is cool. We think the game you guys play sucks, but it's not like we hate you guys or criticize the fact you play Brawl. It's just that Brawl is a fantastic source of random, not-serious trash talk.

I have the feeling TSL4 cleared that point for most people, though.

Next time you see a post like Amsah's one... if the guy is not aiming for the Brawl community or isn't trolling in a stupid way for a few posts, let it go ;)

The way Amsah posted was a bit harsh, but taking it seriously is really not the good way to take it. Sure, some players are stupid on both sides, and they troll each other's game/players. But as Amsah said, because some people are *******es doesn't mean everyone is like that.

On topic : I won't vote because I'm not enough into Brawl to have a good point of view/actually care of the result, but if the 5-stage ruleset was chosen, wouldn't the additionnal 5th stage not be striked all the time ? How many characters have an advantage on this stage, and how big is it ? Because it could not matter enough to have real impact anyway.
When it comes to competitive settings, I'd be more in favor of the rule with 3 neutrals as I don't think YS is that neutral.

K@0S

Smash Ace
Coming into an kind of important brawl thread to flame the game is disrespectful actually, Amsah, even though you didn't directly insult anyone.

It's like if in a tier list discussion about Melee with almost only melee players reading it, I come and say something like "Melee sux you don't need a tier list and that stupid game is dead anyway". I'm pretty sure that at least they would react the same way as brawlers here.

edit : Slhoka, you are right in a way but that's just not the place and there are different ways to express that it's humour. The jokes when we went to the restaurant, we all knew it was jokes, you didn't come to an important brawl thread and said "omg brawl is ****" (to resume it), and it was not the same context at all. Besides, some people probably don't share the same kind of humour, they shouldn't be blamed that much for that.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You have to face the fact that trolling Brawl IS FUN. It really is.
I think that french kissing guys is fun, since I'm a flaming homosexual.

Does that mean I should stick my tongue into the mouth of every guy I see?

Greward

Smash Lord
u all should stfu and go play ssb64 (or brawl+!!!!)

And trolling brawl is fun, i like trolling brawl (well, i like to troll everything XD) and i play brawl. But its funnier to troll brawl+!

Faab

Smash Ace
3.) Got heavily insulted and made fun of because of my "lack of skill" in Melee, although I'm having a physical handicap that prohibits me performing several technical crap.
This is actually the only legit reason i've heard so far. What about the rest of you ******* playing brawl.

Wow, you're pretty gay man.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Coming into an kind of important brawl thread to flame the game is disrespectful actually, Amsah, even though you didn't directly insult anyone.
I blame the misleading thread title. As I've said before, I wouldn't have bothered coming in if I knew it was about Brawl.

It's like if in a tier list discussion about Melee with almost only melee players reading it, I come and say something like "Melee sux you don't need a tier list and that stupid game is dead anyway". I'm pretty sure that at least they would react the same way as brawlers here.
The difference is, that would be a flat out lie and horrible flame-baiting. What I did was nothing more than expressing my opinion.

That is such a bad analogy, I'm not even going to bother explaining.

This is actually the only legit reason i've heard so far. What about the rest of you ******* playing brawl.

Wow, you're pretty gay man.

Now you've done it. Your crying attracted a real troll...:laugh:

Faab

Smash Ace
****ing brawl and these nubs playing it. As i said only the handicapped guy got a real reason which i respect. And don't give me that bull**** that melee's to hard for you're tiny brains. *****es

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I blame the misleading thread title. As I've said before, I wouldn't have bothered coming in if I knew it was about Brawl.
If I saw a thread which has a misleading title and see it's about Melee, I just hit the "Back" button on my browser or go to some other site or subforum. No harm done, and it's even less work.

The difference is, that would be a flat out lie and horrible flame-baiting. What I did was nothing more than expressing my opinion.
So, the difference is that, if it's flaming Melee, it's lying and flaming, and if it's flaming Brawl, it's "expressing an opinion", and absolutely tolerable.

That is such a bad analogy, I'm not even going to bother explaining.
That analogy was quite fitting, to be honest.
You (as in you, the Melee-players who do that) like trolling Brawl, so you go into every important thread concerning the game and troll it. Because it's fun for you. That's basically the concept I've gotten.
I (as myself, the f*g I am) like kissing guys, so according to your logic, I should go and kiss everyone I'd like to. Because it's fun for me.

At least in his case it was funny.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
If I saw a thread which has a misleading title and see it's about Melee, I just hit the "Back" button on my browser or go to some other site or subforum. No harm done, and it's even less work.p
That's because Melee isn't a disgusting game :lick:

Besides, if anything my post indicated this thread needs a title change, it wasn't completely useless. So no harm done. Heck, I dare argue it did good...

So, the difference is that, if it's flaming Melee, it's lying and flaming, and if it's flaming Brawl, it's "expressing an opinion", and absolutely tolerable.
No, it's a lie because Melee isn't dead and a tier list is actually useful.

If someone says 'I hate Melee, that game sucks *** and I doesn't require skill at all' then that's an opinion.

I'm not a hypocrite you know.

That analogy was quite fitting, to be honest.
Only in your twisted mind is expressing your opinion equal to sexual harrassement.

At least in his case it was funny.
That's your opinion. :lick:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
That's because Melee isn't a disgusting game :lick:

Besides, if anything my post indicated this thread needs a title change, it wasn't completely useless. So no harm done. Heck, I dare argue it did good...
If you wanted to propose a title change, you could've said "Can you change the title for it saying Brawl?" or something. And the only thing it did good was pissing off people who came here to discuss the ruleset for Brawl in Europe. Congratulations. You sucessfully trolled.

No, it's a lie because Melee isn't dead and a tier list is actually useful.

If someone says 'I hate Melee, that game sucks *** and I doesn't require skill at all' then that's an opinion.

I'm not a hypocrite you know.
Okay, then I misunderstood you in that point.

Only in your twisted mind is expressing your opinion equivalent to sexual harrassement.
I was giving this as an example. But fine, I'll give you another analogy.

If I thought it was fun trolling people using graphical emoticons, because I loathe graphical emoticons. Does that mean I have to go into every thread I see emoticons are in use and troll emoticons and their users? Because it's fun!

That's it. Next time I'm trolling you guys for real. :lick:
And I'll be there reporting your posts and bugging the mods and admins to infract and/or ban you. :3

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
If you wanted to propose a title change, you could've said "Can you change the title for it saying Brawl?" or something. And the only thing it did good was pissing off people who came here to discuss the ruleset for Brawl in Europe. Congratulations.
It didn't just piss Brawlers off, it entertained Faab, Slhoka and me (and likely others as well ;D) AND it pointed out this thread needs a title change.

Okay, then I misunderstood you in that point.
Clearly.

I was giving this as an example.
A very bad one. :laugh:

But fine, I'll give you another analogy.

If I thought it was fun trolling people using graphical emoticons, because I loathe graphical emoticons. Does that mean I have to go into every thread I see emoticons are in use and troll emoticons and their users? Because it's fun!
Entirely up to you. And again, bad analogy.

The only reason Melee people troll Brawl is because they were expecting it to be something they'd enjoy but were disappointed.

And I'll be there reporting your posts and bugging the mods and admins to infract and/or ban you. :3
Sweet mother of God you're horrible at interpreting other people's posts right.

It should've been obvious I was joking. No way I'm going to waste my time wasting yours.

Also, I edited my post.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
It didn't just piss Brawlers off, it entertained Faab, Slhoka and me (and likely others as well ;D) AND it pointed out this thread needs a title change.
Of course, the people you didn't attack had fun.
As for pointing it out... Not directly. Only through the following debate it came through that the Melee players were "fooled" by the title, namely Slhoka's posting.

The only reason Melee people troll Brawl is because they were expecting it to be something they'd enjoy but were disappointed.
Then vent towards Nintendo. Flaming the people who play the game won't help you at all. The only thing it will cause is people like me giving up trying to play Melee FOR THE MELEE PLAYERS because we get trolled so badly.
Even if I wouldn't be ever a good contender, I tried to play Melee for YOU (the Melee players). If YOU give me **** because of my handicap and the fact I prefer to play a different game, then I have no reason to play this game for YOU anymore.
In fact, I was even considering hosting Melee smashfests and tournaments before I got harassed so badly by its community. So it's your loss of a competent and professional TO. Good job.

Faab

Smash Ace
Tbh no-one will give you **** for just having a handicap. Either the Austrian scene is ****ing inhuman or you're personality is ****ed up.

Also: Kankermarc infract me dan, doet me niks :D

Translated: I eat infractions for breakfast, **** brawl ^_^

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Tbh no-one will give you **** for just having a handicap. Either the Austrian scene is ****ing inhuman or you're personality is ****ed up.
Then apparently the Austrian scene is inhuman. Although they got to know it in retrospect, I've never got an apology. Quite the contrary, I got attacked for hosting an international Brawl tournament in Vienna and not guaranteeing Melee as part of it.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Of course, the people you didn't attack had fun.
I didn't attack anyone. And who're you to speak for others? I'm willing to bet at least one Brawl player lol'd at my post.

As for pointing it out... Not directly. Only through the following debate it came through that the Melee players were "fooled" by the title, namely Slhoka's posting.
Except, I told Marc about it the same day I made that post. :embarrass

Then vent towards Nintendo. Flaming the people who play the game won't help you at all.
And flaming Nintendo will? lol

Besides, I don't really need to vent, I don't care that much.

And again, I didn't flame anyone.

The only thing it will cause is people like me giving up trying to play Melee FOR THE MELEE PLAYERS because they get trolled so badly.
I like life, I hate Brawl. Are people going to /wrist now?

Don't you see how silly your argument is?

I have friends who play Brawl, the fact that I dislike doesn't mean we can't be friends :laugh:
That's no reason not to play Melee.

Or do you honestly think people will beat you up because you play Brawl?

Even if I wouldn't be ever a good contender, I tried to play Melee for YOU (the Melee players).
You tried playing Melee for us?

If YOU give me **** because of my handicap and the fact I prefer to play a different game, then I have no reason to play this game for YOU anymore.
You shouldn't play anything for anyone but yourself. And again, I'm not one of the people who made fun of your handicap.

In fact, I was even considering hosting Melee smashfests and tournaments before I got harassed so badly by its community. So it's your loss of a competent and professional TO. Good job.
You're acting as if I'm the one that harassed you because I'm a Melee player...

You have a dangerous mindset...>.>

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Except, I told Marc about it the same day I made that post. :embarrass
And I know that... how? Do you think I'm Cassandra? That also doesn't include your post. If you talk to Marc on a different medium, it's not part of your posting, like... at all?

And flaming Nintendo will? lol

Besides, I don't really need to vent, I don't care that much.

And again, I didn't flame anyone.
No, but at least it wouldn't bother the Brawl community. If you don't care, simply shut up.

I like life, I hate Brawl. Are people going to /wrist now?

Don't you see how silly your argument is?

I have friends who play Brawl, the fact that I dislike doesn't mean we can't be friends :laugh:
That's no reason not to play Melee.
If you get daily how crappy your game is, don't you think you'll just go away and leave these people? I would do that. If I was playing Street Fighter III still, and preferring it over SFIV, and the Street Fighter IV-players would come and tell me how sucky TS is every day, I'd simply not play SFIV and leave them alone.

Or do you honestly think people will beat you up because you play Brawl?
Verbally, they already did, yes. And yes, I do have the fear that if I put more than a couple of European players of the two games in one room, it might get out of hand.

You tried playing Melee for us?

You shouldn't play anything for anyone but yourself. And again, I'm not one of the people who made fun of your handicap.
Yes, I did. I tried to play Melee because it is dominating here in Vienna, and because I wanted to be friends with the Melee players here. They didn't want me, though. So I gave up on trying.

You didn't get harassed by the community, but by a couple of douche bags.
True, it was only like most of the Melee community in Vienna. The people who play both games and the Brawlers don't verbally f*** me, though.

lol You have the mindset of a potential racist. o_O
I'm not a racist or xenophobe at all, and implying I would be is extremely insulting and only proves my point that there's no reason for me to help you guys out with a tournament.

I'm basing on my own experiences. If, say, Swiss people beat me up and insulted me daily, then yes, I suppose I'd be a bit phobic against Swiss people and more careful towards them.

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
This discussion is going nowhere. True, Amsah is not supposed to state his opinion on Brawl in this board, but the Brawl players are overreacting. Just ignore it or, if you feel like you're being flamed, report it. That being said, Amsah and others: the entire reason we had a zero tolerance policy on Brawl or Melee bashing a year ago, is because they caused these kind of off-topic discussions that can not be solved. Apparently it is still necessary. Stating your opinion is fine, going off-topic is not.

So please, talk about the number of starter stages now. If you really feel like having a pointless Melee/Brawl discussion again, take it to the regional zones or something. If it's personal, you know where the PM button is.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
And I know that... how? Do you think I'm Cassandra? That also doesn't include your post. If you talk to Marc on a different medium, it's not part of your posting, like... at all?
You can see the future can't you? I mean, you knew I was going to come in here and say horrible things about Brawl, I figured you knew about my conversation with Marc.

I talked to Marc because of that post btw.:lick:

No, but at least it wouldn't bother the Brawl community. If you don't care, simply shut up.
You're the one dragging on the conversation, I'm just along for the ride. :embarrass

If you get daily how crappy your game is, don't you think you'll just go away and leave these people? I would do that.
I would mock them for being ignorant.

If I was playing Street Fighter III still, and preferring it over SFIV, and the Street Fighter IV-players would come and tell me how sucky TS is every day, I'd simply not play SFIV and leave them alone.
I'd laugh at them and ask them to explain why the highly inferior SFIV deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as 3rd Strike (awesome game). And then I'd laugh at them before they even answered. :laugh:

Verbally, they already did, yes.
Obviously you've been abused. You should press charges..[/sarcasm]

And yes, I do have the fear that if I put more than a couple of European players of the two games in one room, it might get out of hand.
Then I'm sorry to say, you're insane.

Yes, I did. I tried to play Melee because it is dominating here in Vienna, and because I wanted to be friends with the Melee players here. They didn't want me, though. So I gave up on trying.
That's not for us, that's for you. (But that's a good thing)

I'm not a racist or xenophobe at all, and implying I would be is extremely insulting and only proves my point that there's no reason for me to help you guys out with a tournament.
Hence the word potential. The reason I say that is because you're making assumptions about me based on the fact that I'm a Melee player. And you seem to hold a grudge against an entire community for something a few people did. See where I'm going with this?

I'm basing on my own experiences. If, say, Swiss people beat me up and insulted me daily, then yes, I suppose I'd be a bit phobic against Swiss people and more careful towards them.
You just proved my point...

You shouldn't generalize like that. >.>

[Edit]

**** you Utto ruining my fun =[

I'll let this thread get back on track now..>.>

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
One last thing:
You came in here flaming Brawl and defending this behaviour. Therefore you proved my image of the "European Melee player" I've gathered from the direct harassment I've recieved from the Austrians and the postings I've seen from Austrians, Swiss, Germans, Swedes, Italians, Spanish, Dutch and British people who play Melee.

Also, I didn't see YOU coming in, I knew SOMEONE would come in to flame Brawl. That doesn't mean you in particular, but a Melee-player with the goal of trolling Brawl.

In any way, I'm done here. You apparently can't understand why I'm so sore about the whole stuff regarding this topic and why I don't see any reason to do something for a community of which I only got insults and flames towards my game and me as a person, as well as making fun of my physical handicap. Apparently, all of these things were perfectly fine, worth defending, and a lot of fun!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Oni you take things too seriously, especially to nice people like Amsah

Wherever I've travelled in Europe I've met the smashers both melee + brawl and they're really awesome + supportive

I suggest you stop picking out words and understand the actual community more, and about playing melee that is your choice, it's to do with how good you are and how much you enjoy playing it (nothing to do with the community), so why are you saying people are laughing at you because of how good you are? Either the people are stupid or it's you for taking whoever it was seriously because everyone I've met in the european community is really nice??

I've personally got nothing against you, you just gotta stop arguing and realise the community is awesome offline

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
One last thing:
You came in here flaming Brawl and defending this behaviour.
You don't know how funny that sounds to me. You're acting as if Brawl is a person whose feelings I should consider. :laugh:

Therefore you proved my image of the "European Melee player" I've gathered from the direct harassment I've recieved from the Austrians and the postings I've seen from Austrians, Swiss, Germans, Swedes, Italians, Spanish, Dutch and British people who play Melee.
So because I've 'insulted Brawl'(how evil of me), I'm like the people who harassed you? Again, you're making me question your sanity...

Also, I didn't see YOU coming in, I knew SOMEONE would come in to flame Brawl. That doesn't mean you in particular, but a Melee-player with the goal of trolling Brawl.
Sarcasm much? lol:laugh:

And Melee-Facists, why did you edit that out I loved that.

In any way, I'm done here. You apparently can't understand why I'm so sore about the whole stuff regarding this topic
No, I don't.

and why I don't see any reason to do something for a community of which I only got insults and flames towards my game and me as a person
Did the part where I asked you to do something for the Melee community happen when I went to make a sandwich? Because I seem to have missed it. :embarrass

as well as making fun of my physical handicap. Apparently, all of these things were perfectly fine, worth defending, and a lot of fun!
Dude you're mental. No really, you have some serious issues...:laugh:

When did I justify any of that?

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I agree that FD, BF and SV are the only or closest to neutrals, so why not keep it like that.

And yes Charles i followed u in here loool.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Sorry, but you ARE insulting me right now (mental issues etc.), so you ARE justifying those insults I got prior to yours.
I guess I do look like an old geezer and yelling at "the youth", but you have to understand that verbally insulting me for something I couldn't influence because I had it since I was born is churning me up a lot.

If I insulted you because you had blonde hair (just taking this as an example, I don't know your haircolor, but it's a similar situation) and pretty much kick you out of the community because of it, would you be happy about it? Wouldn't you be stirred up about it? I'm just a human being, and I have feelings. If those feelings are hurt, I am in pain. And because I'm in pain about this issue, saying that I'm insane and defending the people who hurt me is only deepening this pain and makes me want to flee even more.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Sorry, but you ARE insulting me right now (mental issues etc.), so you ARE justifying those insults I got prior to yours.
I'm saying you're mental because you keep accusing me of things I haven't said, done or approved.

I guess I do look like an old geezer and yelling at "the youth", but you have to understand that verbally insulting me for something I couldn't influence because I had it since I was born is churning me up a lot.
Are you admitting you have mental issues, or are you referring to your physical handicap I haven't said a word about?

If I insulted you because you had blonde hair (just taking this as an example, I don't know your haircolor, but it's a similar situation) and pretty much kick you out of the community because of it, would you be happy about it? Wouldn't you be stirred up about it? I'm just a human being, and I have feelings. If those feelings are hurt, I am in pain. And because I'm in pain about this issue, saying that I'm insane and defending the people who hurt me is only deepening this pain and makes me want to flee even more.
Ok this is getting ridiculous.

You either have mental issues, utterly fail at comprehensive reading, or you're trolling me back with a vengeance. :laugh:

I'll make this as clear as I can.

I did not, nor will I ever make fun of other people's handicaps or defend those that do.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Are you admitting you have mental issues, or are you referring to your physical handicap I haven't said a word about?
I'm talking about latter.

I'm saying you're mental because you keep accusing me of things I haven't said, done or approved.

I'm calling you insane for accusing me of defending the people who make fun of you for your handicap. -___________-'
Well, I guess at a topic you are not able to be coolheaded 100% of the time - which is the case for me - you are interpreting things differently. I'm sorry should I have accused you personally, though I usually was more talking about the Melee-community in general.

I'm just trying to make you understand that with constantly flaming the game and its players, you won't get them interested into your game in the first place (also, yes, they might be not good if they start playing it, but you weren't good when you started out, as well, right? Just because the Brawl-players who got interested into Melee aren't already your level it doesn't mean they can't get better).

You want more people play your game or host tournaments for it? Be tolerant. I tolerate Melee and its players too. I don't flame their game, the players themselves or anyone who wants to pick up Brawl and play it for not being good at an instant.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
stop offending the melee community jeez, there's nothing wrong with european smashers for both communities its just you who thinks that

the people who really flame and show it for no reason are the idiots who should be ignored, but clearly you think it's everyone

also how constant are brawl tournaments in comparison to melee? Learn your facts atm, brawl has been lacking tournaments european wise for a while and still is. At the moment the melee scene is very tolerant and sorted out with organizing whereas the brawl community are quite scattered.

The skill level thing wasn't serious too, you just got trolled and fell into the trap

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I'm just trying to make you understand that with constantly flaming the game and its players, you won't get them interested into your game in the first place (also, yes, they might be not good if they start playing it, but you weren't good when you started out, as well, right? Just because the Brawl-players who got interested into Melee aren't already your level it doesn't mean they can't get better).
I actually got flamed to hell and back when I started...:laugh:

You want more people play your game or host tournaments for it? Be tolerant. I tolerate Melee and its players too. I don't flame their game, the players themselves or anyone who wants to pick up Brawl and play it for not being good at an instant.
We tolerate Brawl players. Heck we tolerate Brawl so long as we're not forced to watch or play it ourselves.

I'm not sure what kind of messed up view you've got of Melee players, but we're not the monsters you're making us out to be. :lick:

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
3 stages

melee and brawl are fun : D. let's all bash brawl+ ( now let's have 2 more pages discussing this sentence)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
stop offending the melee community jeez, there's nothing wrong with european smashers for both communities its just you who thinks that

the people who really flame and show it for no reason are the idiots who should be ignored, but clearly you think it's everyone
Since I have gotten this from the majority of the Melee community I know and have encountered in real life, I guess my view has been clouded here, but can you blame me after all I went through?

also how constant are brawl tournaments in comparison to melee? Learn your facts atm, brawl has been lacking tournaments european wise for a while and still is. At the moment the melee scene is very tolerant and sorted out with organizing whereas the brawl community are quite scattered.
That's because the European Brawl community is young. Give it time. It's slowly starting. Cologne is Brawlin', Dolls War, the French and Spanish tournaments, that's all happening now and it will take a while until we're one entity.

But... you can't say that you wouldn't like more big Melee tournaments. Saying that is blatant lying. Because I sure would like to see more big tournaments, regardless of the game. The fact I was hurt doesn't however makes me WANT to hold a tournament for the people who did. Even if there are some great people among them, there's still the people who made me suffer pain. And I don't want them to have profit coming from me. I'd feel abused.

The skill level thing wasn't serious too, you just got trolled and fell into the trap
Then they should have apologized after learning that I have a phyiscal handicap. But they didn't. Instead I got called "asocial" and such because I wouldn't guarantee a Melee event at my Brawl tournament.

I'm not sure what kind of messed up view you've got of Melee players, but we're not the monsters you're making us out to be. :lick:
Probably. It's just that if I see "F*** Brawl, go suck a d*** you skillless *******" or something among the lines, it doesn't really speak a lot of positive things for how the Brawl players are viewing you or your game. If they only get trolled, their interest in trying out the game won't rise. Quite the contrary. If you flame Brawl in real life, that's totally different, because people can hear your voice and see your body language, thus already gathering you're not being serious. They can laugh with you.

And it's not like we say that Brawl is perfect or that it doesn't have flaws, we just want to play our game and not get the verbal fist everytime we want to talk about it.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Party's over. No more offtopic bull****. Somewhat disappointed to see (ex-)mods involved in this nonsense.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
anyone who is able to think will work out three randoms is not balanced

edit: just looked back over the previous posts. wow. please don't turn this place into shoryuken.com :/ . . . . there's no point debating with SF fans- at least we can accept their game and recognise it is good, they're unable to do do that about anything they're not used to

double edit: this poll is about brawl? woops, guess there goes my opinion, sorry guys :p

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
3 Starters: FD / BF / SV

5 Starters: FD / BF / SV / YI / Poke 1

7 Starters: FD / BF / SV / YI / Poke 1 / Halberd / Delfino

9 Starters: FD / BF / SV / YI / Poke 1 / Halberd / Delfino / Castle Siege / LC

The red ruleset is the one I would prefer :)

Castle Siege is way too different to be a starter and LC is just a very annoying stage to play on (At least for me... well scruby reason xD) thats why I wouldnt take them into the 7 starters. But I think 7 starters are a bit too much and it would take too long with stage striking.

Tero.

Smash Champion
3 Starters: FD / BF / SV

5 Starters: FD / BF / SV / YI / Poke 1

7 Starters: FD / BF / SV / YI / Poke 1 / Halberd / Delfino

9 Starters: FD / BF / SV / YI / Poke 1 / Halberd / Delfino / Castle Siege / LC

The red ruleset is the one I would prefer :)

Castle Siege is way too different to be a starter and LC is just a very annoying stage to play on (At least for me... well scruby reason xD) thats why I wouldnt take them into the 7 starters. But I think 7 starters are a bit too much and it would take too long with stage striking.
Sounds like a pretty objective opinion to me.
That's definitly the sort of opinions we need.

Top Bottom