• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Can't tag because idk how it works, but Pokechu is your Laundry gut read trolling or do you genuinely think they're scum? I took it as a joke but is it genuine?

how much are you guys relying on meta? Laundry and I have practically nothing to go off of, so seeing Shishoe and Z get pushed to the side (I understand where you're coming from though Soup) while Pokechu is getting looked at for **** posting is... not a very good look? Kind of hard to follow personally. Can someone from nzone fill in the gaps?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I keep F5ing the page waiting for someone to talk, my patience is gone right now. I'm ravenous for content, don't starve me.

:186:
well it's ten o' clock. i'm done practicing sax. i'll do the thing that I found and then go through reading pages for any posts I find particularly interesting.

But, Laundry, if you don't mind me asking, what do you think of Kantrip and Shish?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
can someone confirm if random IRL events distract 3K to this degree normally or if this is unusual behavior for him?

I know I'm not the best answer on my own meta, but, I deviate with my meta and change per game - unintentionally, I might add. Life events just get in the way sometime. Though, there's games recently with both me as Town and Scum, if anyone wants to take a look.

(I'm not pulling a PyP again because that was overthinking hell)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I have a problem with the conclusion you're making about me as it seems like you were saying I was opportunistic in the notes you made in #186, so which is it?
4. soup - his vote on me and
ryker feels like a genuine attempt to get out of RVS.

...was actually what I was going to say or something to that degree. me not really being down for a lynch on any of them in a game this small means: there's at least one person I think is scummier atm. patience

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Koopa do you have any thoughts on Soup? I'd ask about FE, but they haven't done much.

FE, do you have any other reads aside from the 3 that you gave?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
page 3
Skim the scum from the soup and there will be more scum, because soup is scum.

strawman

Mysterious sheeping of Laundry a minute after Laundry votes for Ryker. It has to have been planned through Day talk.

Vote: Soup

You know what else is scummy? Dirty Laundry. If I had to guess at the third scum, I'd say Fire, for wearing a Red Dead avatar to appeal to the mainstream (AtM).
nabe starts discussion here but

Cant deny the hbc baby
meme response. no hard reads from it yet; it's just noteworthy to me

Vote: Thirdkoopa

Did you know that the gun in my pfp was originally owned by Chekhov? I didn't question Thirdkoopa for no reason, his inital behavior despite RVS was pinging me and furthermore his absence attributes to it.
in your pfp?

If I were to try and narrow down suspects right now. I suppose there’s only two I can consider atm are pokechu for such odd posts that seem attention based. Which can go either way with pokechu so I don’t know. But they are worth noting none the less imo.

The other is maybe third for kickstarting the rvs on Ryker, but again that could go either way. But mafia being one of the others to follow suit wouldn’t shock me
this is typical Z25 play but I also concede that I've never seen him play as scum.

Why are you defaulting to an RVS wagon this early into the day? I understand that he could be the one to go regardless if the game's pace continued to stagger (especially since he has commitments this weekend), but majority-vote would handle that unless we want to end the day quicker.

Why is kick-starting the RVS wagon suspicious instead of the people that jumped onto it?
Now I'm more curious to hear what you're thinking. Oh sweet Joey, release us from our chains of torment. Keep speaking.

Welp. Less than 24 hours remain, these old bones aren't used to you youngin's and your short dayphases. Let me see what I can make of this thread and get some **** stirrin'.

This reminds me of Vult/Dr. Sprite in PyP. hmm... (which means I'm thinking Town)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Koopa do you have any thoughts on Soup? I'd ask about FE, but they haven't done much.

FE, do you have any other reads aside from the 3 that you gave?
All I think so far is I don't find his votes/beginning of pressuring me/Ryker scummy. I'm still reading through the thread properly, but, I'm getting to page 4 now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why? Like Soup said, his #133, #139, and #140 are solid posts that get past the ****posting and give actual stances. Do those not influence your read whatsoever?

It’s got me thinking more. As I said pokechu can contribute quite well when he wants too. A few games ago irc he was posting great in depth thoughts but was scum. So I’m kind of torn here now. Like I said the **** posting is very different and weird but at the same time I could also give them the benefit of the doubt for now. I would like pokechu to do a lot more activity wise then just **** posting for the most part. When they aren’t they play pretty well.
can someone confirm if random IRL events distract 3K to this degree normally or if this is unusual behavior for him?

Occasionally yes. It’s not to uncommon for nintenzone players to get caught up in real life stuff. But if I were to estimate, there’s been quite a few times where people who were inactive due to irl were also scum. So with third it could go either way depending on what our luck/odds/ fate or whatever determines this factor that you believe.

It could still go either way honestly.

I’m getting offline now though for he night. I’m going to read over the thread tomorrow and probably post more thoughts about two hours before the deadline, maybe earlier. It will depend on how much activity I wake up to in this thread. The more here is the better I can make my reads so we shall see then.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
page 3

nabe starts discussion here but

meme response. no hard reads from it yet; it's just noteworthy to me

in your pfp?

this is typical Z25 play but I also concede that I've never seen him play as scum.

Now I'm more curious to hear what you're thinking. Oh sweet Joey, release us from our chains of torment. Keep speaking.

This reminds me of Vult/Dr. Sprite in PyP. hmm... (which means I'm thinking Town)
I’ve literally never been scum no matter how much I play lol. The closest was when I was ursagi in animafia and the evil third party, which was such a crazy game and a bit of a turning point for a lot of players in the nzone imo. It was fun

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Just as a note, this is L-2.

Z25 Z25 You made an interesting claim about Chu being scummier when he fakeclaims, but, I need to genuinely ask. Did you know that there were only vanilla townies in this game or that after 24 hours, deadline lynches were removed?

I have to agree with soup on Third though, Third has shown up once, "ok let's get out of RVS" and has been mute since then. Compared to his play in PyP where he was the beacon of the town, it's different. Although I don't blame him for taking a backseat because he really went hard into that game. I'm only worried about Third because his inactivity and how he's saying "okay let's do this" without actually contributing to what he wants done is how he played as scum in Phantom Mafia.
okay as a meta read this is fair. I've got myself in here now, though, but, don't expect anything as hard as PyP lol.

At a restaurant. Messy/no quotes mobile post.

Not a fan of Z's logic with jumping on Ryker. Definitely not feeling the "this is the usual might as well push it along" thing. We have new players (to you all). One of us is busy with fgc stuff, but don't assume we're gonna just go with a rvs wagon to lynch a rando.

Rant aside, actual read is kind of mixed. I get what Soup/Poke are saying, but the problem for me is that unless I missed any swap, he's sticking with that logic and staying on the wagon. The initial action is something I can see a townie doing, but staying on it when we're actively posting now with 22 hours left is pretty sketchy. Defaulting to an RVS lynch because you expect it to be the end result regardless does not sit well with me.

Vote: Z25

More when I get home in like an hour or two.
my interest has piqued in these two's conversations. duly noted for page 5-6.

Vote: Pokechu

If all you're gonna do is ****post then don't post 3 at a time with walls of text that make the thread unreadable.

Dunno, he does things I guess.
I do know I shot him right in the head in our other ongoing game and it was amazing :p
Unreadable? Are you on phone? I just skipped all his ****posting. it's just him memeing.

So far I'm leaning Third is more scum than town due to being so far distant in this game, when I'm used to him being a little more active in questioning others, but that may be due to the fact the game I was thinking of was a Pyp which benefits from people making early decisions to be questioned.
That isn't much, but then you vote me? That doesn't feel like Town Fire. Did you vote me because I was your biggest scum read, or did you vote me to add more pressure?

Good to see Laundry is town.
this is an interesting claim awfully early. How's Laundry's scum meta, typically?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
page 5 a go

This Day was always going to be (and has been) a bit of a ****show because the meat is in the nomination phases. At best it's yielded tone reads for me. I don't know why you would have leaned scum on Koops from what few posts he had at this time, when his distance from the game was much more likely to be patiently awaiting meat or limited potential for activity rather than intentionally inactive scum.
nabe hits nail on head

I think it can be pretty valid. Third also was considering swapping out though so I wouldn’t make a move yet. If third stays though we should definitely consider moves like that if he makes them.
okay what's more interesting is if I make a move. My Phantom Mafia play relied on inactivity and the reason it relied on inactivity wasn't RL at the time but was because I needed to stay quiet so my scumbuddies wouldn't get lynched, since people were using PoE (process of elimination). intentionally inactive scum is just bad play and I'd only do it when required.

oh, I feel I owe a rewording to this since that's kinda a mess, even if you don't feel that way:

basically, since we're in an 11p game, the odds of all 5 of the people surrounded being town are... well, if you want, I can do the math (though I do feel there's a faster way to do it... doing math on duo's was easier for me than trio's :[ ) but I highly doubt that. I worded the whole thing as a mess in a rush since my initial post didn't finish that well - I was removing the tags from the front page just in-case.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
page 6 of interest,
how much are you guys relying on meta? Laundry and I have practically nothing to go off of, so seeing Shishoe and Z get pushed to the side (I understand where you're coming from though Soup) while Pokechu is getting looked at for **** posting is... not a very good look? Kind of hard to follow personally. Can someone from nzone fill in the gaps?
Yeah sure. NZoners are more used to playing off of meta, at least, to start us off and try to notice patterns from before. That's how I've noticed it typically rolls, personally.

That said, I think we're far enough to get out of meta play, personally. I'm not sure if Z25 has answered everything asked from him (asides from me)

EBWOP: Any thoughts on Soup aside from his vote/read on you.
okay that's more interesting, and now that I got a good look, I can't just make **** up.

basically i'm null. I have enough to make a reads list out of, but, this early in the game it would still feel more like hunches. I have two fishes that I think are more interesting to fry, but, I'm waiting to see if they say anything. Rest assured, I will vote by deadline.

I’ve literally never been scum no matter how much I play lol. The closest was when I was ursagi in animafia and the evil third party, which was such a crazy game and a bit of a turning point for a lot of players in the nzone imo. It was fun
Gotcha.

Who are your two top choices as scummy now and why? Three if you can.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
also, I'll try to be in the groove - part of the reason I'm tempted to replace out is I know I'm going to be gone for an entire weekend as a break from the computer (Friday the 16th to Sunday the 18th) - I don't think anyone playing knows this, but, I currently do all of my work and my graduate classes online. Most of the time on a computer or an iPad. I need breaks for my mental health w/ my S/O, but, I don't want to deprive this thread of content.

that and my lack of interest in over-analyzing everything which is why I just picked out specific posts based on gut intuition and I'm trying to engage less with my own WIFOM.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
actually, here's some silly WIFOM, fueling into that whole "what if all of us on the ryker town and ryker are town", I counted it out - it's 20 possibilities:

{chu,kantrip,nabe} {chu,kantrip,shish} {chu,kantrip,joey} {chu,kantrip,fire} {chu,nabe,shish} {chu,nabe,joey} {chu,nabe,fire} {chu,shish,joey} {chu,shish,fire} {chu,joey,fire} {kantrip,nabe,shish} {kantrip,nabe,joey} {kantrip,nabe,fire} {kantrip,shish,joey} {kantrip,shish,fire} {kantrip,joey,fire} {nabe,shish,joey} {nabe,shish,fire} {nabe,joey,fire} {shish,joey,fire}

and if you're wondering how many possibilities there are in total with all 11 of us, 165:

Combinations without repetition (n=11, r=3)
Using Items: shishoe,ryker,joey,thirdkoopa,soup,fire,laundry,chu,z25,kantrip,nabe

List has 165 entries.
{shishoe,ryker,joey} {shishoe,ryker,thirdkoopa} {shishoe,ryker,soup} {shishoe,ryker,fire} {shishoe,ryker,laundry} {shishoe,ryker,chu} {shishoe,ryker,z25} {shishoe,ryker,kantrip} {shishoe,ryker,nabe} {shishoe,joey,thirdkoopa} {shishoe,joey,soup} {shishoe,joey,fire} {shishoe,joey,laundry} {shishoe,joey,chu} {shishoe,joey,z25} {shishoe,joey,kantrip} {shishoe,joey,nabe} {shishoe,thirdkoopa,soup} {shishoe,thirdkoopa,fire} {shishoe,thirdkoopa,laundry} {shishoe,thirdkoopa,chu} {shishoe,thirdkoopa,z25} {shishoe,thirdkoopa,kantrip} {shishoe,thirdkoopa,nabe} {shishoe,soup,fire} {shishoe,soup,laundry} {shishoe,soup,chu} {shishoe,soup,z25} {shishoe,soup,kantrip} {shishoe,soup,nabe} {shishoe,fire,laundry} {shishoe,fire,chu} {shishoe,fire,z25} {shishoe,fire,kantrip} {shishoe,fire,nabe} {shishoe,laundry,chu} {shishoe,laundry,z25} {shishoe,laundry,kantrip} {shishoe,laundry,nabe} {shishoe,chu,z25} {shishoe,chu,kantrip} {shishoe,chu,nabe} {shishoe,z25,kantrip} {shishoe,z25,nabe} {shishoe,kantrip,nabe} {ryker,joey,thirdkoopa} {ryker,joey,soup} {ryker,joey,fire} {ryker,joey,laundry} {ryker,joey,chu} {ryker,joey,z25} {ryker,joey,kantrip} {ryker,joey,nabe} {ryker,thirdkoopa,soup} {ryker,thirdkoopa,fire} {ryker,thirdkoopa,laundry} {ryker,thirdkoopa,chu} {ryker,thirdkoopa,z25} {ryker,thirdkoopa,kantrip} {ryker,thirdkoopa,nabe} {ryker,soup,fire} {ryker,soup,laundry} {ryker,soup,chu} {ryker,soup,z25} {ryker,soup,kantrip} {ryker,soup,nabe} {ryker,fire,laundry} {ryker,fire,chu} {ryker,fire,z25} {ryker,fire,kantrip} {ryker,fire,nabe} {ryker,laundry,chu} {ryker,laundry,z25} {ryker,laundry,kantrip} {ryker,laundry,nabe} {ryker,chu,z25} {ryker,chu,kantrip} {ryker,chu,nabe} {ryker,z25,kantrip} {ryker,z25,nabe} {ryker,kantrip,nabe} {joey,thirdkoopa,soup} {joey,thirdkoopa,fire} {joey,thirdkoopa,laundry} {joey,thirdkoopa,chu} {joey,thirdkoopa,z25} {joey,thirdkoopa,kantrip} {joey,thirdkoopa,nabe} {joey,soup,fire} {joey,soup,laundry} {joey,soup,chu} {joey,soup,z25} {joey,soup,kantrip} {joey,soup,nabe} {joey,fire,laundry} {joey,fire,chu} {joey,fire,z25} {joey,fire,kantrip} {joey,fire,nabe} {joey,laundry,chu} {joey,laundry,z25} {joey,laundry,kantrip} {joey,laundry,nabe} {joey,chu,z25} {joey,chu,kantrip} {joey,chu,nabe} {joey,z25,kantrip} {joey,z25,nabe} {joey,kantrip,nabe} {thirdkoopa,soup,fire} {thirdkoopa,soup,laundry} {thirdkoopa,soup,chu} {thirdkoopa,soup,z25} {thirdkoopa,soup,kantrip} {thirdkoopa,soup,nabe} {thirdkoopa,fire,laundry} {thirdkoopa,fire,chu} {thirdkoopa,fire,z25} {thirdkoopa,fire,kantrip} {thirdkoopa,fire,nabe} {thirdkoopa,laundry,chu} {thirdkoopa,laundry,z25} {thirdkoopa,laundry,kantrip} {thirdkoopa,laundry,nabe} {thirdkoopa,chu,z25} {thirdkoopa,chu,kantrip} {thirdkoopa,chu,nabe} {thirdkoopa,z25,kantrip} {thirdkoopa,z25,nabe} {thirdkoopa,kantrip,nabe} {soup,fire,laundry} {soup,fire,chu} {soup,fire,z25} {soup,fire,kantrip} {soup,fire,nabe} {soup,laundry,chu} {soup,laundry,z25} {soup,laundry,kantrip} {soup,laundry,nabe} {soup,chu,z25} {soup,chu,kantrip} {soup,chu,nabe} {soup,z25,kantrip} {soup,z25,nabe} {soup,kantrip,nabe} {fire,laundry,chu} {fire,laundry,z25} {fire,laundry,kantrip} {fire,laundry,nabe} {fire,chu,z25} {fire,chu,kantrip} {fire,chu,nabe} {fire,z25,kantrip} {fire,z25,nabe} {fire,kantrip,nabe} {laundry,chu,z25} {laundry,chu,kantrip} {laundry,chu,nabe} {laundry,z25,kantrip} {laundry,z25,nabe} {laundry,kantrip,nabe} {chu,z25,kantrip} {chu,z25,nabe} {chu,kantrip,nabe} {z25,kantrip,nabe}

looks like a mess, but hey, this'll be useful for later stages of the game or in future games for ya'll. I like knowing this exists now - here I was trying to do it by hand.

https://www.mathsisfun.com/combinatorics/combinations-permutations-calculator.html

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
basically, since we're in an 11p game, the odds of all 5 of the people surrounded being town are... well, if you want, I can do the math (though I do feel there's a faster way to do it... doing math on duo's was easier for me than trio's :[ ) but I highly doubt that. I worded the whole thing as a mess in a rush since my initial post didn't finish that well - I was removing the tags from the front page just in-case.
I don't disagree with the math but frankly I think it's far more useful to analyze the individual posts than the probability of a wagon's towniness. You're distracting yourself.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 You made an interesting claim about Chu being scummier when he fakeclaims, but, I need to genuinely ask. Did you know that there were only vanilla townies in this game or that after 24 hours, deadline lynches were removed?

okay as a meta read this is fair. I've got myself in here now, though, but, don't expect anything as hard as PyP lol.

my interest has piqued in these two's conversations. duly noted for page 5-6.

Unreadable? Are you on phone? I just skipped all his ****posting. it's just him memeing.

That isn't much, but then you vote me? That doesn't feel like Town Fire. Did you vote me because I was your biggest scum read, or did you vote me to add more pressure?

this is an interesting claim awfully early. How's Laundry's scum meta, typically?

Yes I know there’s only vanillas and how there’s no power roles and all that. That’s why I found pokechus post odd. When he ****posts it’s usually about sliding into dms or the games actual subject matter which power roles are not. It just doesn’t feel like the type of jokes they would typically make.
page 5 a go

nabe hits nail on head

okay what's more interesting is if I make a move. My Phantom Mafia play relied on inactivity and the reason it relied on inactivity wasn't RL at the time but was because I needed to stay quiet so my scumbuddies wouldn't get lynched, since people were using PoE (process of elimination). intentionally inactive scum is just bad play and I'd only do it when required.

oh, I feel I owe a rewording to this since that's kinda a mess, even if you don't feel that way:

I do know that faking inactivity is something scum will do. I didn’t directly say this because I’ve had it cause problems in the past with people who were genuinely inactive and I don’t try to create drama when it’s just a game. That said whenever we have games where we lynch an inactive scum I always ponder f they were intentionally inactive. Some of these times I can say they more then likely were and others it’s harder to say. But again I don’t directly mention it as it can actually upset some people personally and I don’t want to do that.
page 6 of interest,

Yeah sure. NZoners are more used to playing off of meta, at least, to start us off and try to notice patterns from before. That's how I've noticed it typically rolls, personally.

That said, I think we're far enough to get out of meta play, personally. I'm not sure if Z25 has answered everything asked from him (asides from me)

okay that's more interesting, and now that I got a good look, I can't just make **** up.

basically i'm null. I have enough to make a reads list out of, but, this early in the game it would still feel more like hunches. I have two fishes that I think are more interesting to fry, but, I'm waiting to see if they say anything. Rest assured, I will vote by deadline.

Gotcha.

Who are your two top choices as scummy now and why? Three if you can.
I think I’ve answered everything I’ve been asking. Anyone is free to tag or quote me as usually with questions s and I’ll answer the best I can without trying to sound like a fool due to lack of experience playing super competively. Because I’ll be honest most of the technical terms I have to look up when I see them and the names of different plays. I just try to do my own thing and contribute in what seems helpful imo but as I’ve said it doesn’t always work out.

As for top scum reads. There’s only one I’m pretty sure of right now and that’s kantrip. After that I think it’s. 60 percent chance(estimate) that pokechu could be scum if I had to put a number on it, and after that I don’t teally have any. But I’d wager an inactive is one.

Last game my strongest read was right so maybe it’s accurate again. After that I think you know from last game my reads can be hit or miss. It just depends on discussions

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
It’s got me thinking more. As I said pokechu can contribute quite well when he wants too. A few games ago irc he was posting great in depth thoughts but was scum. So I’m kind of torn here now. Like I said the **** posting is very different and weird but at the same time I could also give them the benefit of the doubt for now. I would like pokechu to do a lot more activity wise then just **** posting for the most part. When they aren’t they play pretty well.
Can you pick an answer? Do they help alleviate your concerns or do they not matter?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I don't disagree with the math but frankly I think it's far more useful to analyze the individual posts than the probability of a wagon's towniness. You're distracting yourself.

you are correct but numbers are fun

plus, now that I've said it they probably won't be smart enough to jump on it, but, I like putting distractions out there to find opportunistic scum

if I had a dayvig right now, I wouldn't stare it at Ryker (since I'd rather he just be it replaced) and I have no reason to believe you're scum so the shot would land between Z25 and soup. To be honest with you, I know it's meta but, I'm not seeing a case for Z25 just yet. Do you have any thoughts on Z25 or are you waiting for Shish's response? Are you waiting for soup to have more to comment with?

Did this alter upon seeing this post?

Posts of interest I point out from my reads aren't to indicate scum/town; they're the posts I personally feel are the most valuable on that page, so, I would still say so.

...that said, I'm not sure if I quoted that one.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
On mobile but I remain a genuine skeptic about 3k and this time it's not just fake pressure for those who were around for pyp

D

Deleted member

I am sufficiently underwhelmed by this answer. Is that really all you have to say? Obviously don't talk about the ongoing but is that your only experience with him/her/it/them?

Quite frankly, I can't remember anything that stood out to me from FE. I can say he's a good player but that's about it.
Your contributions have been to ask about "Mediko", which is I assume flavor related, and now to call out Poke for ****posting, which is not only meta for him, it's also not something he's done exclusively. What's your opinion of his #133, #139, and #140?

Trust me, Medi-Ko is important.

Reading those properly, I don't like this one in particular
I think Soup has genuine town intent

Him and Z are my townreads so far

If I had to shoot someone I'd choose Laundry because my gut is telling me so and I'm scared to make new friends :(:(:(
This isn't Chu's usual way of wording these things. Something smells fishy.

Also, #133 is barely a contribution and #139 is something I guess
I mean, yes from a technical standpoint, but that's a weird response when we're talking about Pokechu here.
Fair enough but I believe he's overdoing it this time
We're at the point where we have multiple people posting. Do you have any other thoughts or are you still wanting to tackle an inactive? Sticking to your guns is fine and all, but the fact that you were doing it because you thought that was where the lynch was going to go anyways doesn't exactly hold true anymore.

Do you have any other thoughts on the players actively posting? This push is very weak coming from someone that has contributed less.

Is it just the **** posting that you don't like about Pokechu? He's actually contributed a bit. Do you have any thoughts on his actual contributions?
Refer to the above
i'm done practicing sax
I read that very wrongly
Yeah, I am, as always.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Apologies in advance for wall of quotes. #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry you asked me to expand on Z25's awkward tone.

Red = Unnecessary qualifiers or wordiness. I find that scum tend to be more verbose in the way of subconsciously throwing extra words in that soften their commitment when making any one statement. It's less of a conscious decision and more something that happens as a result of wanting of not wanting to get caught taking a hard stance that other people don't like and wanting to be able to stay out of pressure. Some people talk like that naturally though so it doesn't necessarily mean anything. The case with Z25 jumps out at me though because it seems like more than I recall from his last game and it gives an impression of overly politeness that rubs me the wrong way.

Blue = Avoiding commitment with stances. Again not a problem on its own and can be indicative of a townie who is truly on the fence on something as much as it can indicate scum leaving their options open. I think when coupled with the awkward wordiness of Z25's posts it's worth highlighting because it contributes to the gut feeling I get that Z25 is not speaking naturally which is a big red flag for me.

Green = Stuff that weakens my argument because it justifies the behaviour I'm highlighting, included for posterity so as not to misrepresent anything.

Alright so there really isn’t much discussion going on here and I have no good reads cause of it.

So I guess I’ll join the ryker vote. As we would likely have wound up with this to begin with from the looks of things.

Vote: Ryker
If I were to try and narrow down suspects right now. I suppose there’s only two I can consider atm are pokechu for such odd posts that seem attention based. Which can go either way with pokechu so I don’t know. But they are worth noting none the less imo.

The other is maybe third for kickstarting the rvs on Ryker, but again that could go either way. But mafia being one of the others to follow suit wouldn’t shock me
Your asking for straight forward reads. And as I said I don’t have those really. Unlike last game there is no real discussion and so much random voting to truly determine something. My likeliest reads are the two mentioned.

I said I’m not fully positive on them because I’m not. And I know if I went all in and pushed for either of them and and both are town, then it won’t get us anywhere if wrong.
I disagree with this argument. Z25 complains that everyone is coming in with random votes and no one has anything of substance. The thing is, the last game I played with him was PYP where we had content to go off of right away related to the roles people voted for. This game doesn't have that so RVS is a bit more difficult to move past. I dislike that Z25 seems not to realize this and is saying that if we're wagoning town right now it won't get us anywhere. If he's joining the Ryker wagon, he obviously disagrees with this sentiment as well so I'm not quite sure what his thought process is and why he takes issue with my vote on him as if my initial vote was seriously implying I thought he was obvscum.
It’s not early now and I already said. It’s very clear people are not being active and that these votes aren’t changing. I’ve played enough games here to know that’s exactly where this usually goes day one. And when the only eay to win is by eliminations. We need to to lynch someone even if it ends up being a mislynch because we won’t get anywhere otherwise. Plus with no one discussing things we can’t establish any good reason to choose someone over another.

And I stated that someone bandwagoning the Ryker vote would be likely too for scum. In most cases scum will start bandwagons and attempt to avoid suspicions or they will join them to also attempt this. The most common scenario I’ve seen is mafia leading a vote and having another mafia join that bus, because it delays suspicions on the one that joined, at least for a little while.

It is pretty likely if you ask me that we are seeing one of these play out. I’m also gonna bet one of the scum is inactive.

Actually looking back at it, I find it interesting shishoe isn’t too active today. He loves this series but hasn’t contributed much. It’s only day one so of course some people will be inactive but this is worth considering going forward
I think this is enough to make my point but the vibe I get from these posts applies to posts he's made after this point as well.

Basically, I get a strange gut feeling from a lot of Z25's sentences that I don't remember getting from my past experience with him which gives me the impression that he's being cautious with the tone of his posts and not speaking freely. I do feel like he has a point with everything I highlighted green, and I think it's totally fair for him to indicate his reads are not solid and he could see them going either way. His point on Shish is also accurate and a fair point as reasoning for why his read is not confident. My issue is more about the structure and tone of his posts and not the content.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Reaction? really? When is asking a question considered scum?
You are really reaching here. Did you not learn from last game? Your doing the same thing seph did.

And what happened there? He was scum and I outed him day one.

You are doing a 180 from last game. Now i would like an explanation since your so bus happy

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt because there’s usually someone who just jumps on me day 1 without reason. But now your starting to move up in my reads list.
Do you think I am mafia or not? This post reads like a threat.

How is what I'm doing similar to what Seph did in our last game? Describe the scumminess of it and how that applies to me. Curious that you say I'm bus happy, not sure what exactly you're getting at with that.

You are familiar with people making posts like my first post in RVS, right? Your last comment seems to imply that people jumping on you day 1 without reason is something out of the ordinary that shouldn't be happening as if Ryker's wagon isn't the exact same thing. What's the distinction you're making that makes your vote for Ryker okay while my vote for you is "just like what Seph did?"

Kantrip

Kantplay
Not trying to be Z25's crusader but he's fodder in the grander scale of things. He just seems like a very reactionary dude. What I said before to me holds relevance in that I feel this is a case of too obvious to be obvious, but in that same regard I've been keeping tabs on Pokechu wherein this behavior is far more intentional for Pokechu and Z25 is just acting out of intuition. I also can't see an active daychat between mates telling them 'vote the random RVS wagon and we'll call it a day'

Thoughts? Kantrip Kantrip Dooms Dooms
I'm not too sure what you mean by "too obvious to be obvious." What exactly is too obvious? I agree with your last point but I'm not sure why we'd use it. Unless you are very confident in a scumread on Pokechu there's no reason to call Z25 town on account of them being unlikely partners.

At this point I have Z25 as a gut scum read and Pokechu as more of an "I'm watching you the ****posting is very difficult to get a read on and I don't like it" null read.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I like ThirdKoopa and think his statements about not wanting to replace but feeling less motivated to scumhunt and reason through stuff than in his last game are genuine. I like Joey's lines of questioning so far, especially with regards to the inconsistencies in approaches to Pokechu vs Z25/Shish. I also like Laundry and think he has been contributing the most productive discussion for town thus far.

I have a slight town lean on Nabe based on his response to questions about his soup read.

I'm confused on soup and don't understand what he's doing by discrediting the Z25 pressure in favour of Pokechu's. I don't follow his logic on Z25 being a mislynch waiting to happen and wanna see what he says in response to my last post.

I don't have any strong feelings on Shish yet despite his posts.

Already laid out my thoughts on Pokechu and Z25. I'd much prefer lynching one of them over seeing the Ryker wagon through as that would be a literal shot in the dark and we'd get nothing over a lynch that was met with no opposition and no response from the one being lynched.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Checked the playerlist after making that post off memory and noticed I missed Fire. Not sure if my lack of opinion on him is my fault or not but I forgot he was in the game, so there's that I guess.

Also did another skim over Shish to try to get a better opinion and think the shishposting comes off more natural than it did when he faked it as scum and it also looks more relaxed than pokechu's erratic posts do.

If we were lynching a ****poster I'd vote Pokechu over Shish any day.

D

Deleted member

Checked the playerlist after making that post off memory and noticed I missed Fire. Not sure if my lack of opinion on him is my fault or not but I forgot he was in the game, so there's that I guess.

Also did another skim over Shish to try to get a better opinion and think the shishposting comes off more natural than it did when he faked it as scum and it also looks more relaxed than pokechu's erratic posts do.

If we were lynching a ****poster I'd vote Pokechu over Shish any day.
But I... I haven't actually shishposted...

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I did a double-take on Z25 from PYP in relation to what you highlighted about him Kantrip and I think the disrepancies are there, certainly. However, I also don't think it's possible to play 1:1 with yourself in every game, because different environments inhibit different responses, therefore I don't know why word modifiers as you put it are indicative of scum. The argument I posed earlier was at the crux of things: S25 says he has never flipped scum and frankly I'm not sure if I see scum trying to be at the helm of the discussion yet alone make such obtuse plays such as justifying an obvious RVS wagon for awkward reasons. Like..I get it. I get why that's scummy so I don't fault You/Joey for seeing it that way, I just don't feel it's the right option right now. If you want me to partake in some theory of my own I think in the event of Z25 being scum I would consider Pokechu to become more likely, so this is not as seperate as you think. Can a Z25/3K/Pokechu team exist? Possibly, but I'm not going to come in here and state my overbearing confidence in those 3, I'm just going to say that I feel it is likely we have scum in there.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Quite frankly, I can't remember anything that stood out to me from FE. I can say he's a good player but that's about it.
Good players are generally memorable players. Nabe has roughly the same amount of posts as FE but I have an easier time remembering things Nabe's said than I have from Fire. I remain underwhelmed.

This isn't Chu's usual way of wording these things. Something smells fishy.
This is also a lazy justification.

Top Bottom