• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
At a restaurant. Messy/no quotes mobile post.

Not a fan of Z's logic with jumping on Ryker. Definitely not feeling the "this is the usual might as well push it along" thing. We have new players (to you all). One of us is busy with fgc stuff, but don't assume we're gonna just go with a rvs wagon to lynch a rando.

Rant aside, actual read is kind of mixed. I get what Soup/Poke are saying, but the problem for me is that unless I missed any swap, he's sticking with that logic and staying on the wagon. The initial action is something I can see a townie doing, but staying on it when we're actively posting now with 22 hours left is pretty sketchy. Defaulting to an RVS lynch because you expect it to be the end result regardless does not sit well with me.

Vote: Z25

More when I get home in like an hour or two.
3.5 hours later...

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Vote: Pokechu

If all you're gonna do is ****post then don't post 3 at a time with walls of text that make the thread unreadable.

Dunno, he does things I guess.
I do know I shot him right in the head in our other ongoing game and it was amazing :p
I am sufficiently underwhelmed by this answer. Is that really all you have to say? Obviously don't talk about the ongoing but is that your only experience with him/her/it/them?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
At least I'm contributing instead of distracting from it. All you have done is create a harder-to-read thread with meaningless ****posts
Your contributions have been to ask about "Mediko", which is I assume flavor related, and now to call out Poke for ****posting, which is not only meta for him, it's also not something he's done exclusively. What's your opinion of his #133, #139, and #140?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
My first post about Z25 was RVS motivated but had a basis of truth to it off a gut read. His reaction to it, joining of the Ryker wagon, and the overall forced tone of his posts soldifies it to me. All aboard!
"forced tone of his posts" sell me on this, my boy.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Anyway

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Is Soup still scummy yes/no and why
He never was. "On second thought" was a weird phrase for him to use there, not a scummy one.

Unless you mean, "Has he been scummy in my absence?" in which case, not really. Last game I had a hard town read on him as mafia while I was SK.

#HBC | Nabe

So far I'm leaning Third is more scum than town due to being so far distant in this game, when I'm used to him being a little more active in questioning others, but that may be due to the fact the game I was thinking of was a Pyp which benefits from people making early decisions to be questioned.

I like how you are doing good work settling yourself in the game by asking others about how each of us usually play along with additional questions so I'll say you're looking town right now Laundry.

Pokechu hasn't striked me as off so far, typical pokechu posts, and nothing particularly scummy so I put him as more likely town than scum as well.
This Day was always going to be (and has been) a bit of a ****show because the meat is in the nomination phases. At best it's yielded tone reads for me. I don't know why you would have leaned scum on Koops from what few posts he had at this time, when his distance from the game was much more likely to be patiently awaiting meat or limited potential for activity rather than intentionally inactive scum.

#HBC | Nabe

you didn't like my ****posts
I don't like them because they contribute nothing and it's been an old scum tactic to ****post to make it harder for Town to actually read ****
I mean, yes from a technical standpoint, but that's a weird response when we're talking about Pokechu here.

Kantrip

Kantplay
What? This makes no sense.

On a side note is anyone else getting pop up adds every time you try to open this on mobile?

I just tried and it took me ten times to get into this page
To Z25: If I had made the exact same post and targeted someone different, would you have reacted the same?

The reason I don't like this reaction is because making a vote with no given reasoning like I did is commonplace during RVS and I'm not the only one who did it. I'm confused as to why Z25 would react so strongly claiming my post makes no sense when in actuality it makes perfect sense unless you take it at face value. I think scum is more likely to do this and have an adverse reaction because town is less concerned with one unfounded vote on them during RVS but scum needs to worry about the likelihood of it snowballing a wagon.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
So... I'm gonna be real with you all. I think I'm considering replacing out due to my schedule, but, I've been a host a long enough time that I know how painful it is when people don't contribute. (Only considering; keep that in mind)

Let's get started.

hey soup here's your answer but tagging you is a pain in the ***.

I don't hate RVS. I hate it when everyone puts down an RVS vote and then does nothing afterwards and sits on it. I've seen it happen before (i.e. Star Wars Mafia) so the sooner we start RVS the sooner we get out of it.

Let's say I hadn't made that vote and nobody else posted in the thread for 8 hours after my post; that would be an 8 hours we stood on our hands. Instead, an entire discussion spurred about RVS (that keep in mind, I wasn't even intending). That's awesome. And we got RVS started and, from a first glance before I take a nap, it looks like it's getting finished, too.
Despite this, your mindset remains in RVS and I would think us being finally 'finished' with it you would have more thoughts

#HBC | ѕoup

Not trying to be Z25's crusader but he's fodder in the grander scale of things. He just seems like a very reactionary dude. What I said before to me holds relevance in that I feel this is a case of too obvious to be obvious, but in that same regard I've been keeping tabs on Pokechu wherein this behavior is far more intentional for Pokechu and Z25 is just acting out of intuition. I also can't see an active daychat between mates telling them 'vote the random RVS wagon and we'll call it a day'

Thoughts? Kantrip Kantrip Dooms Dooms

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
If I were to try and narrow down suspects right now. I suppose there’s only two I can consider atm are pokechu for such odd posts that seem attention based. Which can go either way with pokechu so I don’t know. But they are worth noting none the less imo.
Why was it scummy for Poke to be seeking attention at that stage in the game?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
To Z25: If I had made the exact same post and targeted someone different, would you have reacted the same?

The reason I don't like this reaction is because making a vote with no given reasoning like I did is commonplace during RVS and I'm not the only one who did it. I'm confused as to why Z25 would react so strongly claiming my post makes no sense when in actuality it makes perfect sense unless you take it at face value. I think scum is more likely to do this and have an adverse reaction because town is less concerned with one unfounded vote on them during RVS but scum needs to worry about the likelihood of it snowballing a wagon.
yes I would. Last game you contributed a lot of nice info with good reads. Here your first post is:

“Lol scum is dumb and slipped for saying they’d be out that night, let’s lynch them”

Can you really say that’s not wrong? Your reasoning makes no sense and you’ve really showed none. Rather then contribute you came in put a vote and came back just to target one person which coincidentally is me. Doesn’t matter if you didn’t choose me I would still find this highly suspicious. And what’s different about me with the rvs then anyone else in this bandwagon for Ryker?

Why was it scummy for Poke to be seeking attention at that stage in the game?

Pokechu doesn’t seek attention in this manner. Usually they joke about sliding into dms as that’s a running gag with them. But the bottom line is pokechu as town will usually contribute a lot more then random memes that don’t even have bearing here when there are no power roles. To make some big random posts about power roles and constantly joke about it when they usually stay relevant to the topic at hand is odd.

It’s not like them and they don’t spam like this. Pokechu usually contributes more so this not them at all in my honest opinion

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719

How is this "forced tone" though?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
3.5 hours later...

Phone game took priority for a bit, had to grind a char that was going away tonight for my brother. Sorry. You know how it is though </3

Not trying to be Z25's crusader but he's fodder in the grander scale of things. He just seems like a very reactionary dude. What I said before to me holds relevance in that I feel this is a case of too obvious to be obvious, but in that same regard I've been keeping tabs on Pokechu wherein this behavior is far more intentional for Pokechu and Z25 is just acting out of intuition. I also can't see an active daychat between mates telling them 'vote the random RVS wagon and we'll call it a day'

Thoughts? Kantrip Kantrip Dooms Dooms
I get the logic behind them being fodder, but I feel like it could go either way and their play is more scummy than townie. I'd rather get this type of play out of the way now than drag them along just because they could be town with screwed logic instead of scum when I'm scum reading them. Mafia PM feeding players actions is kind of weak as an argument, but I'm not going to exactly argue against it. To each their own with that specific argument.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Despite this, your mindset remains in RVS and I would think us being finally 'finished' with it you would have more thoughts
Well... I'm up from my nap now, so, as you request, king soup.

I'm just stuck in a phase from last game. I don't want to start scrutinizing every post made like last game (even though it helped town win the game, it was a lot of time on my end) and I would rather stay in this game than replace out.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Pokechu doesn’t seek attention in this manner. Usually they joke about sliding into dms as that’s a running gag with them. But the bottom line is pokechu as town will usually contribute a lot more then random memes that don’t even have bearing here when there are no power roles. To make some big random posts about power roles and constantly joke about it when they usually stay relevant to the topic at hand is odd.

It’s not like them and they don’t spam like this. Pokechu usually contributes more so this not them at all in my honest opinion
So what do you make of him now then? I feel like I've asked this question but in the event I haven't, let's get an update on this read.

#HBC | ѕoup

How do you feel about his contributions made outside of spam, as there are two or three posts I wouldn't consider as such (#139, #140)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Right now my vote stays but if there’s more reason for someone else or I pick up scum reads I’ll switch it and offer explanations as to why.
We're at the point where we have multiple people posting. Do you have any other thoughts or are you still wanting to tackle an inactive? Sticking to your guns is fine and all, but the fact that you were doing it because you thought that was where the lynch was going to go anyways doesn't exactly hold true anymore.

Vote: Pokechu

If all you're gonna do is ****post then don't post 3 at a time with walls of text that make the thread unreadable.

Dunno, he does things I guess.
I do know I shot him right in the head in our other ongoing game and it was amazing :p
Do you have any other thoughts on the players actively posting? This push is very weak coming from someone that has contributed less.

Is it just the **** posting that you don't like about Pokechu? He's actually contributed a bit. Do you have any thoughts on his actual contributions?

#HBC | ѕoup

Phone game took priority for a bit, had to grind a char that was going away tonight for my brother. Sorry. You know how it is though </3

I get the logic behind them being fodder, but I feel like it could go either way and their play is more scummy than townie. I'd rather get this type of play out of the way now than drag them along just because they could be town with screwed logic instead of scum when I'm scum reading them. Mafia PM feeding players actions is kind of weak as an argument, but I'm not going to exactly argue against it. To each their own with that specific argument.
If the vote came down to Z I wouldn't try and save him, but right now my conf bias leans ML waiting to happen.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
EBWOP: Anyone else you're considering beyond Z?

Shishoe's push is weak and outside of that they didn't contribute at all? Not liking that one bit.

All I got and they're both very foddery options. RIP

If the vote came down to Z I wouldn't try and save him, but right now my conf bias leans ML waiting to happen.
What are your thoughts on Shishoe? I'm assuming you've played with them before?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So what do you make of him now then? I feel like I've asked this question but in the event I haven't, let's get an update on this read.

Right now I’m still thinking they are scum. The percent of them being scum I think I would place it at 80%.
How do you feel about his contributions made outside of spam, as there are two or three posts I wouldn't consider as such (#139, #140)
I don’t know post numbers off the top of my head, but let me go back and look at those two.
We're at the point where we have multiple people posting. Do you have any other thoughts or are you still wanting to tackle an inactive? Sticking to your guns is fine and all, but the fact that you were doing it because you thought that was where the lynch was going to go anyways doesn't exactly hold true anymore.

Do you have any other thoughts on the players actively posting? This push is very weak coming from someone that has contributed less.

Is it just the **** posting that you don't like about Pokechu? He's actually contributed a bit. Do you have any thoughts on his actual contributions?
You make it a fair point. We definitely have more discussion.

I’m thinking of switching my vote with the changes here as I think my reads are improving.

Right now my main reads are pokechu and kantrip. Both are playing very differently and I don’t like the style of their posts atm. It’s nothing like last game and they seem to just want to stick someone as scum day one for the sake of it. Seems like a bus attempt to me and I don’t like that.

#HBC | ѕoup

Shishoe's push is weak and outside of that they didn't contribute at all? Not liking that one bit.

All I got and they're both very foddery options. RIP

What are your thoughts on Shishoe? I'm assuming you've played with them before?
I have but honestly reading his posts are like a blur, the one thing I find strange is that it seems the NZoners are somewhat in agreement about Pokechu being scummy; no strong opinion

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
okay, now to get really started.. gonna go by what I'm feeling so far based on their posts from a few reads (some skims in there). Don't have any posts of interest just yet, so, I'm gonna raid each page.

also Unvote: Ryker

would rather give him the chance to play or replace out

1. ]#HBC | Ryker - noposts
  2. KY Joey- seems alright
  3. Thirdkoopa - i know not to lynch me
  4. soup - his vote on me and
  5. fire- Fire's vote on me feels opportunistic, but, the same can go for the Ryker wagon
  6. laundry - seems aight so far.
  7. pokechu - Chu's contributing more than the Day 1 typical
  8. z25 - z25 is talking about more than just himself
  9. kantrip - Not much thus far. there's one post of my curiousity
  10. nabe - ...i actually think i may understand his meta now lul
  11. Shishoe - for some reason it didn't get this properly, but, so far not much to go off of.

We have 3 scum in an 11 player game, so, I'm really down for anything that seems scum-fueled. I know it was an RVS fueled wagon, but, Laundry, myself, Soup, and Z25 were all on Ryker's wagon.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I have but honestly reading his posts are like a blur, the one thing I find strange is that it seems the NZoners are somewhat in agreement about Pokechu being scummy; no strong opinion
Do you have strong opinions beyond Z being a ML waiting to happen and 3K being scummy? You've said little beyond those two subjects.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Oh I didn't finish the rest of my post: basically where I was going with the Ryker wagon - I doubt that all five of us are town, personally, but it's just one idea worth pursuing. Frankly, I'm not really down for a lynch on any of them. Soup was right to call me out and I would have done the same thing if our roles were reversed. hell, I probably would go harder

#HBC | ѕoup

Do you have strong opinions beyond Z being a ML waiting to happen and 3K being scummy? You've said little beyond those two subjects.

Holding reservation about other things as they develop, unless you wanna hear the uh..less processed version of it

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok went and read these. They are definitely strong points. And I agree with their analysis of me and how i play. Without trying to sound bias. I do play unorthodoxy and I’ve said it before. I speak my mind, not always may it be the best but I try. I’m far from a pro but I think I’ve gotten a bit better over time. But the bigger point of interest is pokechu’s input on third.

I think it can be pretty valid. Third also was considering swapping out though so I wouldn’t make a move yet. If third stays though we should definitely consider moves like that if he makes them.

One thing I’m curious on though m.
Pokechu Pokechu whats got you convinced laundry could be scum?

Your reason about being scared to make friends is weird and I don’t get it. Where’s your thoughts at?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Right now I’m still thinking they are scum. The percent of them being scum I think I would place it at 80%.
Why? Like Soup said, his #133, #139, and #140 are solid posts that get past the ****posting and give actual stances. Do those not influence your read whatsoever?

#HBC | ѕoup

Oh I didn't finish the rest of my post: basically where I was going with the Ryker wagon - I doubt that all five of us are town, personally, but it's just one idea worth pursuing. Frankly, I'm not really down for a lynch on any of them. Soup was right to call me out and I would have done the same thing if our roles were reversed. hell, I probably would go harder
I have a problem with the conclusion you're making about me as it seems like you were saying I was opportunistic in the notes you made in #186, so which is it?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Holding reservation about other things as they develop, unless you wanna hear the uh..less processed version of it
No, I think that's mostly fine. Activity has drastically improved but I still don't feel solid about the level of content I've gotten from some places and I'm content to continue digging before outing stuff that might alter the reactions I'm getting.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
page 2 of interest - keep in mind these are early so I'm still getting a gut feel:

That being said I don't feel I understand how this posts gets us any closer to getting out of RVS, or why it's a bad thing
I'm more curious to see your response and how it aligns after this, but, take note.

Ryker is at a BBTag tournament today btw. Not sure if he'll be around before tomorrow.

Vote: Shishoe

I don't know you! Die!
I see this as pro-town; it's an early Day 1 thing, but, he didn't have to post that for Ryker.

Its time for the party's dps to enter rvs

vote pokechu
Follow the tradition
rvs is random yet you vote chu on tradition

hmm...

will resort back to page 3 in about half an hour. practicing sax.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
can someone confirm if random IRL events distract 3K to this degree normally or if this is unusual behavior for him?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Ryker is at an FGC tournament btw in case I didn't say that already. I hope Laundry can remind him about the game tomorrow, otherwise he probably won't post?

Take Ryker wagon with a grain of salt. He's an old school player that we'd all love to see die all the ****ing time and I can guarantee looking at that wagon that Soup and Laundry were just in it to joke around. Although I thought you were older too? ;_; my memory is ass.

I see this as pro-town; it's an early Day 1 thing, but, he didn't have to post that for Ryker.
Kind of OoC, but I would do this regardless of alignment. If I know someone isn't here and other people wouldn't realistically know about it, I'm going to say something. Important to discuss since we have such short phases. Don't let it influence your read on me please <3

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Also I forgot if I mentioned it and then someone quoted me saying it and I didn't edit the first sentence out. I'm an idiot lawekmfalwkmf

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I already talked to him about it earlier, he's aware it's going on but is unable to post because he's having the same pop-up ad problem that others have mentioned earlier in the thread. He'll be around tomorrow but might not get to posting until Day 2, knowing him.

Top Bottom