• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Skim the scum from the soup and there will be more scum, because soup is scum.

strawman

Mysterious sheeping of Laundry a minute after Laundry votes for Ryker. It has to have been planned through Day talk.

Vote: Soup

You know what else is scummy? Dirty Laundry. If I had to guess at the third scum, I'd say Fire, for wearing a Red Dead avatar to appeal to the mainstream (AtM).

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Alright so there really isn’t much discussion going on here and I have no good reads cause of it.

So I guess I’ll join the ryker vote. As we would likely have wound up with this to begin with from the looks of things.

Vote: Ryker
Just as a note, this is L-2.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
If I were to try and narrow down suspects right now. I suppose there’s only two I can consider atm are pokechu for such odd posts that seem attention based. Which can go either way with pokechu so I don’t know. But they are worth noting none the less imo.
Alright, let's unpack this. What makes Poke's spree of posts scummy as compared to null? How do you differentiate between town and scum Poke and why does that have you leaning towards scum here?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
And I stated that someone bandwagoning the Ryker vote would be likely too for scum. In most cases scum will start bandwagons and attempt to avoid suspicions or they will join them to also attempt this. The most common scenario I’ve seen is mafia leading a vote and having another mafia join that bus, because it delays suspicions on the one that joined, at least for a little while.
More likely scum sits in the middle votes than they are to start a bandwagon, though it's not universally true. It's easier to support town eating itself than it is to get a townie lynched and live to tell the tale.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
come on guys who else has a wacky power role???

I'm saving my biggest power for last..... hopefully the mafia won't kill me

PSSST! I'M A TREE STUMP!!!!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
come on guys who else has a wacky power role???

I'm saving my biggest power for last..... hopefully the mafia won't kill me

PSSST! I'M A TREE STUMP!!!!
These posts are cute but can you please contribute more to the game. I asked you a question and there's Z25/Soup's exchange which is worth commenting on at least.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
These posts are cute but can you please contribute more to the game. I asked you a question and there's Z25/Soup's exchange which is worth commenting on at least.

I'm getting there hon :( I just wanted to ****post some more

My skills left me a lil while ago so I'm still working on finding them... homegirl don bounced. When I needed her the most she just vanished... never knew she was the Avatar

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
It'd be fine if we had more than 24 hours remaining to figure out who to lynch. Instead, we have less than 23. Content, yip yip. I don't need skills, I just want opinions.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Uhhh **** I didn't cycle this properly. Tell me about Fire Emblemnier's playstyle.

Z25 Z25 Ignore my previous post, tell me about Shishoe instead.

Just as a note, this is L-2.

Alright, let's unpack this. What makes Poke's spree of posts scummy as compared to null? How do you differentiate between town and scum Poke and why does that have you leaning towards scum here?

-come back from laundry to 6 notifications from laundry. Lmao.

Anyway to answer your questions:

Shishoe has a unique play style and luck in these games. He has gotten scum third party a lot and when he is a third party he is very capable of getting to the finals himself. In a mafia role I’d imagine him to be able to do the same. He contributes a decent amount of discussion usually.

Also when scum he tries to avoid **** posting as much. Although last game( maybe the one before?) whenever it was, shishoe was mafia and made it a point to try and **** post still if scum so that he would be harder to read.

He usually is good at pointing out what could be shady on someone and while avoiding the radar. So he can be pretty tricky if scum.

When town it’s usually a lot of shot posting but he weighs in when needed and will make sure his input and help is known.

Moving on, what’s l-2?

Lastly,

Town pokechu is less likely to throw out random claims even as jokes. Scum pokechu has happened a few times and some noticeable differences are how he posts. Scum usually stays active but not to a huge degree and makes a lot of jokes without too many guesses or input. Town poke has actually contributed to lynching mafia quite a bit either through guesses or random actions based on their role.

Pokechu is always a bit of a wild card. My gut reaction this time is telling me something is up with their posts and how much they are doing it. They like to joke around a lot but this feels excessive and has me questioning why.

Hopefully that can clear some things up and you can get better reads and he’ll figure out what’s going on.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Okay, I have to point out that I agree with what Joey has said about Z

Although this is usually in line for Z

On mobile gimme a few min to make a good post once my computer starts up

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
-come back from laundry to 6 notifications from laundry. Lmao.
Hi, I hate wall-posting as it lacks the results I desire. Instead I'm going to quote individual things and make them individual posts rather than containing it in a single wall, with some exceptions like this post.

Moving on, what’s l-2?
2 votes to lynch. It's significant because it's the maximum number of people you can have on a wagon while avoiding setting up a mafia quickhammer.

Lastly,

Town pokechu is less likely to throw out random claims even as jokes. Scum pokechu has happened a few times and some noticeable differences are how he posts. Scum usually stays active but not to a huge degree and makes a lot of jokes without too many guesses or input. Town poke has actually contributed to lynching mafia quite a bit either through guesses or random actions based on their role.

Pokechu is always a bit of a wild card. My gut reaction this time is telling me something is up with their posts and how much they are doing it. They like to joke around a lot but this feels excessive and has me questioning why.

Hopefully that can clear some things up and you can get better reads and he’ll figure out what’s going on.
When Poke gets moving I want you to reanalyze him, as he's suggesting that he's going to make posts now.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@#HBC | Soup What do you make of Z25 after your exchange with him?

Decent for now. I think perhaps that could change over the course of the game because I initially wasn't too impressed by his content, but then I realized that I haven't really been impressed by most people as they're simply not here to be judged. I don't know if scum makes themselves so transparent without any pressure to post yknow?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hi, I hate wall-posting as it lacks the results I desire. Instead I'm going to quote individual things and make them individual posts rather than containing it in a single wall, with some exceptions like this post.

2 votes to lynch. It's significant because it's the maximum number of people you can have on a wagon while avoiding setting up a mafia quickhammer.

When Poke gets moving I want you to reanalyze him, as he's suggesting that he's going to make posts now.

Sorry for the wall. I have only my phone. My laptop broke and is in the shop and there’s no internet here till tomorrow so I’ve been using my phone and data.

And sure I’ll always keep analyzing things as they come

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Decent for now. I think perhaps that could change over the course of the game because I initially wasn't too impressed by his content, but then I realized that I haven't really been impressed by most people as they're simply not here to be judged. I don't know if scum makes themselves so transparent without any pressure to post yknow?
That last one is a fair point and has me reconsidering. I'm not in love with his wishy-washy disposition, nor the fact that he jumped on the Ryker wagon so blindly, but there's a lot I don't like either. He seems like the best vote of the people that are active but I can count the number of people I consider active on one hand right now.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Sorry for the wall. I have only my phone. My laptop broke and is in the shop and there’s no internet here till tomorrow so I’ve been using my phone and data.

And sure I’ll always keep analyzing things as they come
No need to apologize, I don't expect others to do things my way.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I've found that Z can sometimes have unorthodox stances on things, they're not bad but just what you wouldn't usually expect. He can be hard to predict at times so I'm willing to file his responses to Joey under that, since he (Z) seems genuinely intent on contributing. His activity is pretty high of the players in this game, and he usually is one of the more-active players. He's never been scum though so there's no plays that we could compare this to.

I'm fine with him for now.

I have to agree with soup on Third though, Third has shown up once, "ok let's get out of RVS" and has been mute since then. Compared to his play in PyP where he was the beacon of the town, it's different. Although I don't blame him for taking a backseat because he really went hard into that game. I'm only worried about Third because his inactivity and how he's saying "okay let's do this" without actually contributing to what he wants done is how he played as scum in Phantom Mafia.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I think Soup has genuine town intent

Him and Z are my townreads so far

If I had to shoot someone I'd choose Laundry because my gut is telling me so and I'm scared to make new friends :(:(:(

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Anyway

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Is Soup still scummy yes/no and why
Dooms Dooms Were/are you scumreading Z25? If so, what do you make of Poke and Soup's opinions of him/her/it/them/whatever?
Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier Give me three reads on players. I don't care what they are, just give me something to work with. Show me the DPS.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
At a restaurant. Messy/no quotes mobile post.

Not a fan of Z's logic with jumping on Ryker. Definitely not feeling the "this is the usual might as well push it along" thing. We have new players (to you all). One of us is busy with fgc stuff, but don't assume we're gonna just go with a rvs wagon to lynch a rando.

Rant aside, actual read is kind of mixed. I get what Soup/Poke are saying, but the problem for me is that unless I missed any swap, he's sticking with that logic and staying on the wagon. The initial action is something I can see a townie doing, but staying on it when we're actively posting now with 22 hours left is pretty sketchy. Defaulting to an RVS lynch because you expect it to be the end result regardless does not sit well with me.

Vote: Z25

More when I get home in like an hour or two.

D

Deleted member

Vote: Pokechu

If all you're gonna do is ****post then don't post 3 at a time with walls of text that make the thread unreadable.
Uhhh **** I didn't cycle this properly. Tell me about Fire Emblemnier's playstyle.

Z25 Z25 Ignore my previous post, tell me about Shishoe instead.

Dunno, he does things I guess.
I do know I shot him right in the head in our other ongoing game and it was amazing :p

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
unvote laundry

vote shish

link me to my "walls", please

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Tell me about Pokechu's playstyle. I have eyes so I can see why he's so lynchable but what makes him town vs scum.

Pokechu I honestly think despite his affinity towards ****posting, is a really solid player, usually has strong reads and typically is good at comparing and constrasting how other players behave in different setups. Most of the time I noticed he found scum through this method of reading players. Along with also picking out townie players for playing similar to there usual town selves accurately. That is what I think Pokechu's greatest strength as a player. Myself voting him was ****posting, as at the time I just entered the game with no thoughts.
Anyway

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Is Soup still scummy yes/no and why
Dooms Dooms Were/are you scumreading Z25? If so, what do you make of Poke and Soup's opinions of him/her/it/them/whatever?
Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier Give me three reads on players. I don't care what they are, just give me something to work with. Show me the DPS.

So far I'm leaning Third is more scum than town due to being so far distant in this game, when I'm used to him being a little more active in questioning others, but that may be due to the fact the game I was thinking of was a Pyp which benefits from people making early decisions to be questioned.

I like how you are doing good work settling yourself in the game by asking others about how each of us usually play along with additional questions so I'll say you're looking town right now Laundry.

Pokechu hasn't striked me as off so far, typical pokechu posts, and nothing particularly scummy so I put him as more likely town than scum as well.

D

Deleted member

that's not that bad

daykill shish

be active before you throw shade :(
At least I'm contributing instead of distracting from it. All you have done is create a harder-to-read thread with meaningless ****posts

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
At least I'm contributing instead of distracting from it. All you have done is create a harder-to-read thread with meaningless ****posts
contributing what???? is this not like your third post???? :confused:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
At a restaurant. Messy/no quotes mobile post.

Not a fan of Z's logic with jumping on Ryker. Definitely not feeling the "this is the usual might as well push it along" thing. We have new players (to you all). One of us is busy with fgc stuff, but don't assume we're gonna just go with a rvs wagon to lynch a rando.

Rant aside, actual read is kind of mixed. I get what Soup/Poke are saying, but the problem for me is that unless I missed any swap, he's sticking with that logic and staying on the wagon. The initial action is something I can see a townie doing, but staying on it when we're actively posting now with 22 hours left is pretty sketchy. Defaulting to an RVS lynch because you expect it to be the end result regardless does not sit well with me.

Vote: Z25

More when I get home in like an hour or two.
I mean my logic makes sense to me but I usually get complaints. Not much I can do to change that though.

Regardless your not too familiar worth me but I am someone who puts their current thoughts out and sticks with them unless I see reasoning to change.

Which does happen, my stances aren’t usually permanent except for Star Wars mafia where my stance that nabe was The Godfather and all my points towards it being true remained unchanged and were fully accurate. My thoughts always change based on what’s said in the thread and how the game goes.

Right now my vote stays but if there’s more reason for someone else or I pick up scum reads I’ll switch it and offer explanations as to why.

Which I think is fair enough, but everyone will have varying opinions on my play style and what is said in a game to begin with.

D

Deleted member

contributing what???? is this not like your third post???? :confused:
I mean, proportionally, I've done more than you.
Oi.

I know you did this to make a point, so I'll let you off with a warning this time. But I won't be so lenient next time.
I swear I read the OP before doing this so I must have missed it, my bad.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I mean, proportionally, I've done more than you.

I swear I read the OP before doing this so I must have missed it, my bad.
the only thing you've said relating to the game is that you didn't like my ****posts

not sure that's really anything at all

:confused:

D

Deleted member

the only thing you've said relating to the game is that you didn't like my ****posts

not sure that's really anything at all

:confused:
I don't like them because they contribute nothing and it's been an old scum tactic to ****post to make it harder for Town to actually read ****

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
So... I'm gonna be real with you all. I think I'm considering replacing out due to my schedule, but, I've been a host a long enough time that I know how painful it is when people don't contribute. (Only considering; keep that in mind)

Let's get started.
To parrot Soup, why do you dislike RVS?

hey soup here's your answer but tagging you is a pain in the ass.

I don't hate RVS. I hate it when everyone puts down an RVS vote and then does nothing afterwards and sits on it. I've seen it happen before (i.e. Star Wars Mafia) so the sooner we start RVS the sooner we get out of it.

Let's say I hadn't made that vote and nobody else posted in the thread for 8 hours after my post; that would be an 8 hours we stood on our hands. Instead, an entire discussion spurred about RVS (that keep in mind, I wasn't even intending). That's awesome. And we got RVS started and, from a first glance before I take a nap, it looks like it's getting finished, too.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Good to see Laundry is town.

Pokechu's pooposting is over the top for me and beyond the scope of what I'm comfortable basing a read on. It's within the realm of possibility he's scum and knows people have been townreading him recently when he is comfortable being silly in-thread because this seems excessive even for his standards, but I can't say that with confidence. Please chill a little bit though my dude.

My first post about Z25 was RVS motivated but had a basis of truth to it off a gut read. His reaction to it, joining of the Ryker wagon, and the overall forced tone of his posts soldifies it to me. All aboard!

Kantrip

Kantplay
I do think it would be really funny if I convinced Ryker to play and then he got quicklynched D1 without posting, though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Good to see Laundry is town.

Pokechu's pooposting is over the top for me and beyond the scope of what I'm comfortable basing a read on. It's within the realm of possibility he's scum and knows people have been townreading him recently when he is comfortable being silly in-thread because this seems excessive even for his standards, but I can't say that with confidence. Please chill a little bit though my dude.

My first post about Z25 was RVS motivated but had a basis of truth to it off a gut read. His reaction to it, joining of the Ryker wagon, and the overall forced tone of his posts soldifies it to me. All aboard!
Reaction? really? When is asking a question considered scum?
You are really reaching here. Did you not learn from last game? Your doing the same thing seph did.

And what happened there? He was scum and I outed him day one.

You are doing a 180 from last game. Now i would like an explanation since your so bus happy

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt because there’s usually someone who just jumps on me day 1 without reason. But now your starting to move up in my reads list.

Top Bottom