• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ESAM's ZP Monthlies 8/6/11 Will You Leave Your Chao...Forever?

It all really depends on how the players in sfl see the game. If you see it as a job and a source of income, the place is gonna go by the wayside and you'd have to find a new place which could possibly complicate things. But if you see it as a place to make friends and have fun in a competitive environment and you go for that(which by the way makes games more fun and avoids m2k doppelgangers in the community), i don't see any person who would protest the idea. In Tampa, we have a Play n Trade that hosts tourneys and i'd definitely step up to keep Tong open if he gets into dire straits

But, then again, it may not make a dent on their rent payment. Still, I'm just trying to find a way to help. I've never had the chance to go down and play with you guys, and Ed(ScaryLB) keeps telling me about how cool/good you guys are. I definitely need to try and get otu there sometime and i'd hate to see you guys start to crack at the seams

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
@_@ ZP has like 10 non-laggy TVs. Most other LAN centers only have LCD's and Wiis will ALWAYS have lag on LCDs. Dumb *****es, there is a reason we stayed at ZP.

I'll talk to Travis tonight and get the story.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
@_@ ZP has like 10 non-laggy TVs. Most other LAN centers only have LCD's and Wiis will ALWAYS have lag on LCDs. Dumb *****es, there is a reason we stayed at ZP.

I'll talk to Travis tonight and get the story.
Oh yea, I kinda forgot about that T.V part.... ^^;

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Ronnie found a nice venue that looks quite healthy financially and stable. I found some as well. All of them had a website and video advertising of their venues. However, what they all lack in common are crtvs. They all have like 20+ lcd tvs tho. All have packd venues with ppl

:phone:

Master Raven

Smash Master
Yeah CRTs are really the biggest issue here. Why the hell do LCDs have to lag of all things?!

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
What about the Tropical Storm? What if parents don't want their children dying? What if accidents happen on the road on the way over there? WHAT IF THE LIGHTS GO OUT?! I call quits.

Welp. See ya guys there :D

MVD

Smash Master
The storm is supposed to be moving away from us anyways, at most its just gonna rain and be windy, it don't look like its gonna come that close to us like they said before

:phone:

Linguini

Smash Master
kinda sad that some people want to just "move on" from zp without hesitation......

ZP has been a haven for the smash(and fighting) community in general for the past 3 years. Its environment is extremely lax, door fee is not strictly enforced, and overall is just a great place to chill and play some games.

NO other venue can even begin to compete with the appeal that zp has, and sometimes I feel like sfl doesn't appreciate what we have enough. Yeah the high amount of CRT's is def. a plus, but most importantly the owners are chill as fvck.

I'm donating 20$, and I encourage everyone to donate at least a little.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah, you guys should definitely look into trying to help them out. It sounds like they have been a very reliable venue for everyone. Do you know if the police have started an investigation?

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Clean that place and buy Fans!!! Its something I'm going to start telling people to bring to tournaments from now on XD
Bring full set up.

Tv
wii
brawl
portable fan.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Why don't you just team with one of your brothers -_-
Why don't they ever enter tourney? -_-
One reason why I wanted to hold House tourneys is because I need them to start entering tourneys.

I didn't look at this thread for one day and it goes from not happening to happening. It was like a suspense film. T_T

I am all for Linguini's idea. ^_^

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Yeah, you guys should definitely look into trying to help them out. It sounds like they have been a very reliable venue for everyone. Do you know if the police have started an investigation?
police involved = guaranteeing zp being closed

highly not recommended rofl,

GreenAce

Smash Ace
Honestly I never knew why a mother****er never justed busted in zp and cleaned it out. zp is just in to shady of a location for nothing like that to happen.

But I still think everyone should donate. There's is no way anyone is going to find as LAN center a convenient as zp.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Honestly I never knew why a mother****er never justed busted in zp and cleaned it out. zp is just in to shady of a location for nothing like that to happen.

But I still think everyone should donate. There's is no way anyone is going to find as LAN center a convenient as zp.
I bet it was Green Ace that robbed ZP. I can so see him doing it. XD

8Bitman

Smash Master
I actually agree with GreenAce on that.

And Xaltis seemed a bit too fast to judge on this one, I think it was him. :awesome:

8Bitman

Smash Master
XD

Xaltis you want to MM at this? I haven't fought you in a while. =3

8Bitman

Smash Master
So my MM list so far is:

5$ Snipa (R.O.B vs Lucario/I.C's) Best of 5
5$ Xaltis Best of 5

IDK who else... ESAM We are 5$ MMing, best of 5 (R.O.B vs Pika), MVD we are 5$ MMing as well, best of 5 (R.O.B vs Snake). =DDDDD

Kay 5$ MM for DJJack as well. Best of 5?

Top Bottom