• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ESAM's Zero Ping Monthlies: June 4th. Miami, Florida

MVD

Smash Master
Pretty sure there are other means of transportation to get where ya gotta go, I ****ing manage

:phone:

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
You live in an area surrounded by people with cars.

Taylor has.....me.....and seldomly Afro when he decides to drive.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Chaz, Seibrik, Justin, Eric all go to FIU and I would think none of them would have a problem getting you. Especially since you usually teamed with Eric and are currently teaming with Seibrik.

MVD

Smash Master
Seibrik busses and does not drive Justin does not go anymore Eric never was at FIU I always made the effort to take any transportation means to get there

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Yep, its always been you.

I'm positive that you've been able to find a ride every time because there happens to be one of the mentioned people in your area at the time of the tournament or something like that. There are more possibilities open for you to happen on a random whim.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah...nobody ever picks up MVD except maybe from FIU North, but half the time his mom just drives him up, not anybody from the smash community.

Tommy, if you don't take him anymore...he can just take the tri-rail. He was talking about your own ****ing hypothetical situation, dumb *****.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Yeah...nobody ever picks up MVD except maybe from FIU North, but half the time his mom just drives him up, not anybody from the smash community.
Taylor's family doesn't have working vehicles a lot of the time. They just have really bad luck with it. Even if his mom wanted to drive him down, she couldn't because she's too busy or what's mentioned above.

Masky said:
What matters more than PRs is who is actually winning/doing well at tournaments.
Then why do people care more about the PRs?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Um....not really? They aren't caring about it, it is just nice to be on it. THey aren't prioritizing the PR over winning because they go hand-in-hand.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Um....not really? They aren't caring about it, it is just nice to be on it. THey aren't prioritizing the PR over winning because they go hand-in-hand.
That's what it started out as. It's not like that anymore.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
lol that's pretty much what I figured, I was just surprised how blunt the statement was. However, u might want to edit that post a bit, not for my sake but just so that the rest of gville that reads it doesn't interpret it wrong, although it was meant for them tho.

But yeah i understand where masky is coming from, i get annoyed by the same bs too. We can't really go to a tourney because apparently every1 decides to go to one if ryo goes to one, and if he bails out then the others bail out so then a week or two weeks of planning in advance just goes to waste. It's especially annoying considering we are the ones driving they'll do those kind of things like literally 12 hours b4 the tourney. But yeah, going to tourneys there is almost none existent which is surprising. There are more tourneys that we go to in naples than gville for sure. This is the most inactive I've ever been in smash which is funny considering naples is pretty dead in terms of smash and such.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Pretty sure PR's matter for out-of-region tournaments

Unless you guys ignore your own PR when TO's ask your help for seeding

MVD

Smash Master
I don't care bout the PR I only care when it comes to everyone getting the correct spot for what they did

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Psh, PRs.
It's just a way for players to feel like they're good...
Almost everybody in FL knows who the real top 10 are, so it doesn't matter.

EVERYBODY'S MAD!

Also, Taylor, the difference is, Masky didn't state he was going to "time out" the PRs. He just didn't go to tournaments. That's literally the only reason people are getting on your case, even if you're joking. (Which is impossible to noticeo nline btw. Even with your .gifs.)

Top Bottom