• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epita Smash Arena 2 - Paris - 23 & 24 February 2008 - Up to 256 Players !

Martelinj

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully they'll learn me how to speak french on the flight to France :)

Right now the only french sentence I can say is "I do not speak french". The only sentence I need, but still =)
I can teach you some useful french. HEHE ;)

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
L-cancelling is out. But another form of cancelling introduced itself. It doesn't have an official name yet but it seems that when you fastfall and do an aerial AFTER pressing down to fastfall, you have zero lag.

And ToS: Please stop it for ****'s sake.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
L-cancelling is out. But another form of cancelling introduced itself. It doesn't have an official name yet but it seems that when you fastfall and do an aerial AFTER pressing down to fastfall, you have zero lag.
it's still supposed to be L-cancel since it stands for lag cancel, however this version is all newbie-friend.

Vegard

Smash Lord
L-cancel is related to what button we use to cancel the aerials with >_> Every cancel is to cancel lag? Just like z-cancel was named in SSB, because you have to press z to cancel aerials.

Luma

Smash Lord
no, in ssbm it was lag-cancel

afaik u only could z-cancel with z, and in smash i can l-cancel with more than just L

so l-cancel = lag cancel

Retroking2000

Smash Master
really no lies you main marth , people say your the best ganon in europe why would you want to main a overated character such as marth just asking ?

I need some Marth dittos at epita ;)

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
lol, its the same thing that you did didnt you faab? ;)

You mained ganon and then dropped him for marth and sheik.

I can still play ganon pretty well and i will consider playing him if my marth isnt working well.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
We must not forget that Ganondorf is the most manly character above the low tier =)
Some people just have to show that there still are manliness out there...

Martelinj

Smash Apprentice
Stormblast: We have to take our ganon-ditto this time!

And yeah, Ganon is the manliest of the manliest.
Like, just watch his up-tilt, OMG, hot! :chuckle:

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
My point is, Aldwyn said this was gonna be the last big SMASH tournament, which is a blatantly ******** statement considering the information given in Stormblast's signature :p

Luma

Smash Lord
i am pretty sure we wont just go with brawl as soon as its released, that would be pretty stupid, who would play for like 500-1000 with a new game without "good" rulesets and stuff?

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
LOL, why is this topic dead already?
no, in ssbm it was lag-cancel

afaik u only could z-cancel with z, and in smash i can l-cancel with more than just L

so l-cancel = lag cancel
You could cancel with R in SSB as well. But Z was more common, therefore it was named Z-Cancel. And I believe L-cancel in SSBM was named after the common way to cancel aerials as well in the first place. In Brawl, there'll not be any button-canceling, so they might as well call it lag cancel.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I heard somewhere that it was

2 Minutes late: warning
4 minutes late: loss of 1 match
6 minutes or later: loss of set
Guess it has to be like that if the tournament shall be finished in time...
Edit: I hope we all will be well informed when the tourney starts, cuz losing on walkover is laaaaame =P

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I heard somewhere that it was

2 Minutes late: warning
4 minutes late: loss of 1 match
6 minutes or later: loss of set
Yup, and 8 minutes late : death penalty (We actually had a derogation from the governement for the event.)

Seriously, I've never heard of these rules, but well, doing a system like that may be a good idea to ensure that the tournament can finish in time.

Top Bottom