• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

English Voice Actor Special + Snake Codecs (Updated. more Snake)

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
PT seems to have the same voice as Monkey D. Luffy in the Funimation dub of One Piece.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I want to see G&W's codec conversation, just to see Snake's reaction. Oh, and Falco's, also for Snake's reaction.

Slippy: Hello, who is this?

Snake: THAT FROG IS TALKING!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Good stuff, man.

"Sounds like my kind of woman!"

Bendario

Smash Apprentice

Teej

Smash Cadet
I don't understand all the hate for Pit's VA....considering his age and anime-ish makeover, it fits really well.....they could have pulled a Megaman 8 on him....(*shuggers*) plus, who REALLY wants AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!!!!! after all the Japanese vids we've seen him in? >__>

One thing that interests me is this: Looking at sound test, you have unlocked R.O.B., who has been named R.O.B. rather than Robot for the US release. Since his default colors in Japan match the famicom, have they changed his default to the gray arms to match the NES here?

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Well this pretty much confirms Ivysaur is NOT a she, lolol

Ri-to

Smash Rookie
Can you change the language of the voices on the NA version of the game to Japanese? I don't like the English dubs.

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...while I like the fact that they didn't just replace all of Fox's spoken lines with "Cahmon", it's just not the same without the articulated battle cries. "Whoo-yaa!" "Tsuuuria" "eee-yehh"
Snake is godly. I guess Sonic is alright too, much better than the nerdy Japanese one. Even if the VA'ing itself is not as good. Though Japanese Sonic's taunts were made of fail to me.
I haven't checked out P.T. yet, but if he's more hoarse than Ash, as posted in this topic, then I guess it'll be okay. As far as Pit goes...I'll probably say "Oh, crap. Why him?" when he appears in Classic mode because of his voice. Then again, it may not be so bad in action.
Meta Knight...I'm not so sure. While the VA-ing is great quality, I'm still anticipating wether he sounds as hot-headed as in the Japanese version. Like when he launches into a neutral combo.
I've seen (or heard) cases where VAs have trouble with normal spoken lines but have awesome fighting noises nontheless. While Ike's voices in that video are epic ****ing fail (especially "i fite 4 my freinds lol"), that Aether cry in the SSE movie is...convincing.

Yes!!

Smash Rookie
CJay, why did you only play one of Snake's voices? Doesn't he speak more in game besides "This is Snake, I'm done here" outside codecs?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
CJay, why did you only play one of Snake's voices? Doesn't he speak more in game besides "This is Snake, I'm done here" outside codecs?
We already know what snake's Engish VA sounds like...

End Game

Smash Journeyman
You know, you'd think Nintendo would try to work harder on the VAs of it's most anticipated game ever. Eh, I happen to be a Dynasty Warriors fan, so i guess i can take it.

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
wow, definitely this. Griffith has that nasty habit of putting emphasis on specific words in a sentence. "YOU'RE too SLOW!!", for instance.

In fact, I seem to recall a certain scene in Shadow the Hedgehow (...what?) where he does it with both Shadow and Sonic.

"YOU'RE going DOWN!"
"LIKE IT or NOT, the GAME is OVER!"

Aside from that, Sonic's voice is pretty good. YOU'RE too SLOW! is perfect as a taunt because of the annoyance factor. And at least it fits him, unlike Pit's voice.
Tell me about it. I don't get how people don't hear that annoying emphasis he does.

And he ruined Sonic's "Too easy, piece of cake!" quote by putting emphasis. It came out like:"Too easy, piece oF CAKE!" Ah well, at least Griffith is decent in this game. :p

Yes!!

Smash Rookie
We already know what snake's Engish VA sounds like...

It's not about what he sounds like, it's about what he says. I'm curious about his lines of dialogue, that's all.

If you want to be like that, we've all already known or had a very good idea what many of these characters sound like (like Fox and Falco having Assault voices, same goes for PT and his Pokemon... dont forget Sonic, we've all heard that VA before).

Hell, since Wolf will undoubtedly have his Assault voice I guess you dont need to hear his voice clips because people already know what that VA sounds like. Seriously, don't be so ignorant.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not about what he sounds like, it's about what he says. I'm curious about his lines of dialogue, that's all.

If you want to be like that, we've all already known or had a very good idea what many of these characters sound like (like Fox and Falco having Assault voices, same goes for PT and his Pokemon... dont forget Sonic, we've all heard that VA before).

Hell, since Wolf will undoubtedly have his Assault voice I guess you dont need to hear his voice clips because people already know what that VA sounds like. Seriously, don't be so ignorant.
Seriously, don't be a ****in' *******...

...idiot

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Got a question for you CJay.

Since you have the North American copy of Brawl, I was wondering if you have perhaps tested if you can put the save file onto an SD card and put it on other Wiis. Reason for this would be so a group of friends does not have to unlock everything four or five or more times.

Thanks.

Nitoheilapine

Smash Apprentice
Meta Knight: Darth Vader's Stunt Double.
Falco: Mafia
Fox: Jesse Mccartney
Pokemon Trainer: Prepubescent boy / pubescent boy
Marth: The same. Wooo!
Jigglypuff: Can break glass.
Sonic: Pubescent boy from a disney movie.
Snake: -Faints- Secksi

3D King

Smash Journeyman
For those who keep asking, Dedede's name is pronounced Dee dee dee in the English video where Sakurai shows all the game modes. You can find it on the Dojo.

Urgh, I wish I could just buy the game without Pit or PT now. Unfortunately they're both pretty popular characters so I'll be stuck listening to their god awful voices for who knows how long.

Top Bottom