• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

English Voice Actor Special + Snake Codecs (Updated. more Snake)

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
lol, Do the Snake Codec.

=]

CJay

Smash Cadet
im feeling better now but i dont feel like i should uploading anymore, this guy steals my videos
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=148116

and gets away with it nobody cares and i myself had to start 3 (!) threads with the same (and more) informations the other 2 got closed for no reasons till the mods finally decided to leave this open.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
im feeling better now but i dont feel like i should uploading anymore, this guy steals my videos

and gets away with it nobody cares and i myself had to start 3 (!) threads with the same (and more) informations the other 2 got closed for no reasons till the mods finally decided to leave this open.
Yeah, no idea what that's about. It really pisses me off, actually. Sorry about your luck.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I figure I should post this in the right thread.

Anyways, my oppinion on the voice actors is as such.

Pit: Pit is okay, I think he sounds a bit TOO femenine, however I believe the childlike beforepuberty boyish voice is what they were going for. I think they could have found a better voice for it though. This one just isn't appealing to me.

Pokemon Trianer: Perfect. It's so awfully annoying. XD That means it's absolutely perfect.

Falco: Falco sounds like my Uncle Franky from New Jersey. I can't help but think of him now. Not a bad thing... but awkward.

Fox: I prefered is 64 voice out of all his installments, however I do think the voice actor did a decent job.

Ike: I realize that this is his game's VA, but he sounds... so... Well, the line's he's saying just don't seem characteristic of a man wielding a two handed sword with one hand.

Marth: Too Badass to learn English. =p Enough said.

Sonic: Is it just me, or does whoever Sonic's VA is have a pattern with most (not all) of his lines... High voice pitch at the beginning, Low in the middle, and higher at the end... It bothered me.

Snake: Perfect. Hayter is greater. =p

CJay

Smash Cadet
sorry im overracting, im uploading more in a few hours. i try to do them all if im waking up tomorrow (in 10h) so i can finally relax and enjoy the game ^^.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

Don't let him discourage you. There will always be people like that in the world. We know they are yours, and so do the 1200+ people who have subscribed to you on youtube. Please don't stop due to the actions on one person.

--

Saw your next post. ^_^ Thanks. And I hope you do enjoy your game, you deserve it, especially after being nice enough to post things for us. :D

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I'm obscenely happy that we have the Japanese version in my region right now. Those voices suck and blow simultaneously... Yikes.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sonic: Is it just me, or does whoever Sonic's VA is have a pattern with most (not all) of his lines... High voice pitch at the beginning, Low in the middle, and higher at the end... It bothered me.

That's what I've been saying for at least a week now. It's not the voice, it's that rhythm...

Griffith does it in almost every single line of dialogue he has, which has been causing most of us Sonic fans to suffer his dreaded voice for years now...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Lucario trying to be sweet with that voice. "Watch the Power of Aura" Beautiful. T_T

Zevox

Smash Lord
Lucario: Nice - finally, a truly good one other than Snake and Meta Knight. Though I do hope not all of his lines involve him obsessing over his aura ability...

Wolf: Blech. I suppose his isn't poorly done or anything, but the fact that its so different from either his SF64 voice or his Assault voice annoys me. But then again, I hate Wolf anyway, so I suppose it shouldn't matter to me.

Snake: Yep, still sounds good.

Thanks for putting these up, CJay. Looking forward to the Codecs. :)

Zevox

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Lucario's is nice, but a bit generic, and indeed is obsessing over his Aura. :p

Wolf's got a accent, but it still sounds cool. It is a bit weird that he has a western accent when you consider his last two voices. SF64 had a British accent, and Assault had a...slightly New York-ish accent if I remember. While it was lighter than Falco's was, I guess they might have not wanted to have the same accent, so they switched it? Whatever the case, it still works really well.

Anyways, I must say thanks also, CJay. If I may though, I'd like to request that there be a video made with Fox, Falco, or Wolf's secret taunt on Lylat Cruise, so that the voices for the other SF characters can be heard.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
So wait... Lucario doesn't say "Lucario" like Pikachu and Jigglypuff... and essentially every other Pokemon? I wasn't aware of that. (His voice sounds like Metaknight's anyway, lazy)

Wolf sounds bleh, but overall passable in a game that doesn't appear to have impressive VA work.

In fact, the only REALLY good one is Snake. But honestly who was surprised, Snake is a VA pro xD

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Arigatou, CJay-san. ^^

I'm liking Lucario's voice. Speaking four lines is good. Enough to know that he talks, but small enough to not get annoyed by his aura obsession. xP

Does anyone know what he is saying at the very beginning of the video? His first line.

So wait... Lucario doesn't say "Lucario" like Pikachu and Jigglypuff... and essentially every other Pokemon? I wasn't aware of that. (His voice sounds like Metaknight's anyway, lazy)
Yeah, Lucario can speak telepathically with humans, like Mewtwo. He does this in his movie.

Well, his voice is deep like MetaKnight's, but his is raspier. If you compare them, MK's is a smooth deep voice while Lucario's is slightly raspy deep.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Wolf... What happened to you? o_O

After Fox and Falco, I was pleasantly awaiting his Assault voice. :/

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Lucario: Kind of creepy but it suits him just fine. It has the same amount of "power" that Mewtwo's English voice had in the anime and I appreciate that.

Wolf: ... GAHAHAHA! Are you kidding me?!? :laugh: Since when did Wolf become the Marlboro Man? Geeze, oh man, they really botched his. Glad, I already decided not to use him that often.

Snake: Obviously, no complaints.

WiiwanttoBrawl

Smash Apprentice
Arigatou, CJay-san. ^^

I'm liking Lucario's voice. Speaking four lines is good. Enough to know that he talks, but small enough to not get annoyed by his aura obsession. xP

Does anyone know what he is saying at the very beginning of the video? His first line.

Yeah, Lucario can speak telepathically with humans, like Mewtwo. He does this in his movie.

Well, his voice is deep like MetaKnight's, but his is raspier. If you compare them, MK's is a smooth deep voice while Lucario's is slightly raspy deep.
he says "it's over!"

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Oh yuck. What is with Wolf? He went from slightly British to a convict-style voice to a cowboy? Eww. And Lucario isn't much better; you'd think such a graceful focused pokemon would have a smoother voice, like in his Japanese.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Thanks much CJay.

Wolf....... eh I'll get used to him. Snake's the same voice as always, which is wonderful, and Lucario is obsessed with his aura. Oh well.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Does Wolf says anywhere 'Can't let you do that, Star Fox.'?

Either way, atleast his voice is better than Lucario's telepathy...

Top Bottom