• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

English Voice Actor Special + Snake Codecs (Updated. more Snake)

CJay

Smash Cadet
i myself disliked snake and sonic and was very upset that they are in a smash game, well now i kinda like snake but still hate sonic.

CJay

Smash Cadet
i dont see any gameplay changes btw. i think the other guy is fake.
i played both version long enough.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I don't know if anyone has requested it yet, a friend and I were just making fun of Wolf and I decided to pop in and ask. Could we get a Star Wolf conversation on Lylat video? Just one conversation is fine, we're just curious if Leon and Panther bit the hillbilly bullet as well. :p

Thanks again for providing all of these videos for us hungry fans!

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Maybe you've never heard of a "lone wolf." When hunting, wolves tend to leave the pack to go on their own until the hunt is over.
Err... no. The Lone Wolf stereotype only occurs to wolves who left the pack. Lone wolves don't stay lonely - they soon find a mate and well... a pack forms. Wolves hunt in PACKS. <_<

Awww... No reference to switching the controller port in Ness's codec... Darn.

Well, all that's left now is Peach, ROB, Olimar, Lucas, Zelda, Jigglypuff, and Toon Link. And since Wario's was done, too, then I suppose Mario, ZSS, and Yoshi.
That's still about 2 videos worth.
And the Ness's codec thing was a fake. It's the same as the Snake vs. Snake codec. They were jokes by the translators.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm a little disappointed because the codecs on the Dojo gave me the impression that most of them would be genuinely funny. Really, there are some gems (like Luigi, Sonic, and Falco) but some (like Bowser, Ike, and Ness) are just flat out boring.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Say, Cjay, I have an important (lol) question.

Does Wolf's up taunt (howl) and down taunt (growl) sound the same or are they dubbed by the VA as well?

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but I read the first post and it kind of relates to it:

My wii has a modchip, so I was wondering if I would still be able to play Brawl. (Correction: I would kill myself if I couldn't). Is it only wiikey that presents a problem? Or is it all modchips? I'm not very sure what mine is, because it was modded before I bought it, but I'm pretty sure it's not wiikey.

Oh, and sorry if this question's already been asked, I just didn't want to look through all 23 pages ><

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Some are funny, others informative.

Pikachus was great, Luigis was just strange, Sonics is quite good but is it because hedgehogs have been known to eat snakes or is it just a joke about how out of place he is?

I love the Ice climbers one (obviously) but I'm still holding out for Peach and Zelda.

MAJOR EDIT: I was just watching the Ice climbers one and i saw my username!

Sweet. Thanks CJay.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Excellent work CJ =]

Can't wait to see the Zelda conversation. Can't wait to see what Snake says about her xD

JawaJedi

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering, when Snake says "pink marshmallow" about Kirby, does it change when Kirby is a different color, like green or blue, or does he still say pink?

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Wow I love snake more after watching the codecs. Snake is a perv.

Falconnn Punchhhhhh!!!

Top Bottom