• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

English Voice Actor Special + Snake Codecs (Updated. more Snake)

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
PIT=HORRIBLE

The rest is ok. PT is ok, he uses Ash's new Anime voice. At least its a proper voice actor. And Hayter is just Decibel *** in my ear.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
I'm wondering why they would remove nearly everything Japanese, from the voices to the characters...

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Ooh, I wonder what it says when you unlock Wolf. Space pirate? Star Wolf leader? lol

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Thanks for the videos! I've been following your youtube account for a few days now, curious to hear the new voices. I've been playing the japanese version for a few weeks now so I was worried the voices would be hard to adjust to, but so far they sound good. Aside from Ike, but I already hated him anyway.

I'll be sure to stay tuned until Lucario and Wolf make their appearances. I'll also be sure to prepare for disappointment when Wolf doesn't get his N64 VA. :(

I'm also wondering why they removed the japanese voice option in the US version of Brawl.
You say it as if the japanese version had a language switch to english that they removed for our release for no good reason. When are you people going to get this through your head?

Fact: Melee, both english and japanese releases, had a language switch.
Fact: Melee, both english and japanese releases, released within a week of each other because of said language switch.
Fact: Therefore, if Brawl had a language switch we would have known so with the japanese release.
Fact: Therefore, we would have been playing Brawl ourselves a month ago.

I don't get why people keep their hopes up over this. It's even sillier than hoping for US-only Roy and Mewtwo.

couldntmakeaname

Smash Cadet
"apparently the original US Disk does not work with an wiikey modded console (latest update)"

Yikes. Did the person that tried it have an NTSC-U console?

orintemple

Smash Lord
Snake's voice is really good.

I don't know what people are complaining about, I think Pokemon Trainer's voice is PERFECT! It is exactlywhat some prepubescent kid who catches fake animals in balls to use as slaves for his personal gain should sound like...err, well he kinda sounds like Ash. His voice is super annoying and I think it fits perfectly.

MRX

Smash Cadet
Useful information. Sad part was that I knew about the "no japanese" scripts back at the Nintendo tournament. Even sadder to hear that there is no Japanese track change. I really like the Japanese voice acting!

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it would not take that long for the "grey scene" to make a "perfect edition" with japanese voice files after the US-Release of the game.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
I've seen these videos already at Brawl Central, but thank you for posting them here too, CJay.

Overall, I like the English voices...Pit DOES sound kinda loud and Pokemon Trainer sounded kinda grating, but I think they'll sound better in an actual fight where there are other noises (music, sound effects, etc.) going on.

Also, I'm VERY, VERY happy that they kept Hikaru Midorikawa's voice for Marth intact and that they brought back Rachael Lillis as Jigglypuff! :grin:

CJay

Smash Cadet
im sorry for not uploading any vidz, but i am sick right now and i dont feel like record and editing movies. sorry guys. uploading more if im feeling better.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Let's hope the sickness clears up soon. ^^ I'm dying to hear Lucario's voice. You can't really go wrong with deep voices.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Falco sounds like he has a brooklyn accent XD

P. Trainer has Ash's new voice actor...(blech)

Ike sounds like Qui-Gon Jinn...

Annoyed that DDD doesn't talk...

Meta Knight sounds AMAZING *dies*

Do the DDD codec :D

Top Bottom