• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

English Voice Actor Special + Snake Codecs (Updated. more Snake)

Zevox

Smash Lord
Trainer sounds like Ash from the cartoons... bleh. Not to my liking personally, but I suppose it wasn't poorly done or anything. Squirtle and Ivysaur seem fine.

Marth keeping his Japanese voice was predictable, and after seeing the voices they got for some of the others, particularly Pit, I'm glad they did.

Jigglypuff is nothing new. Shes fine.

Sonic... eh, some good ("Sonic's the name, speed's my game!"), some bad ("You're too slow!" - I don't know what it is about how he said, but that one just grates on my ears). Wish he had a better one, but this one's passable for the most part, and I'll get used to the bad lines after a while I imagine.

Snake's fine, no complaints there.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing those Codecs. Nice to see the mention of Cranky being the original DK in DK's, and the "Mister Utility Belt" line with Link was great. :)

Zevox

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll have to disagree that his voice was that much better. I much prefered the Sonic Adventure era Rouge and Shadow, but honestly the Sonic voice isn't that different. Plus he doesn't even do that bad of a job on it. But if that PT is truly trying to sound like Ash did, well then, THERE'S an example of a failure.
I personally have only one problem with Griffith's voice over Drummond.

Griffith has that little "rhythm" he talks in, and regardless of the emotion the voice is supposed to have at the time, the rhythm is always there, and it annoys me. Infact, most of the lines in Sonic's part in that video have that ****ed rhythm.

Griffith also does Shadow's voice from Sonic Heroes onward too, and in dialogue from SH to StH you can still hear that **** rhythm.

It's well known that the VA's from Sonic Team during the DC era were the best.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I'm going to do that Sonic taunt to annoy the hell out of people. :p
The "your too slow" (I'll probably use the most) or "come on, step it up".
I think that the "hey we should do this again some time" (Sonic), "I fight for my friends" (Ike), and everything Pit says qualifies as fail. PT doesn't exactly sound like Ash, but close enough.

JUST A LITTLE MAUR IVYSAUR

Really, the only people who are actually really horrible are Pit and Ike.

The voice actor for Snake should voice everybody, including Peach.

D

Deleted member

^^Pit, I agree. Ike is actually pretty good. I've never played a Fire Emblem game, but Ike's voice seems fitting.

But Snake, being everybody's voice? That's just gay. I mean, seriously, Snake's voice would never fit Mario, much less Peach.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I don't think I can play Pit now. I mean, I'm used to bad voice acting with Sonic (though he was even worse than usual) and Ash/PT, but Pit...
May the Great Potato have mercy

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Okay, let's see:

Fox and Falco's voice are both quite good.
Jigglypuff is the same as ever, so cute x3
Ike's is too emotionless.
Pit's.... no, just... no. It sounds TOO much like english anime dubs.
Meta Knight has a very cool voice, even though it's pretty deep.
Sonic's voice is okay. Never played Sonic games, so I wouldn't know what he sounded like, but this is just fine.
Snake's voice is...rawr. ^^ Just love it!

I laughed so hard at the voice actors' part 2, where Pokémon Trainer shouts his commands at his Pokémon. His voice was awkward enough, it had to be repetetive which made it even funnier. El oh el! xD

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Try to kill yourself during a codec conversation. And record it, plz.

Snake? Snake! SNAAAAKE!!!

Yes!!

Smash Rookie
Why did you only play one of Snake's voice clips? Doesn't he say other things outside his Codecs too?

D

Deleted member

Apparently, you're not familiar with HOW CAN TELL WHETHER IT'S SARCASM OR NOT?!!, FDW.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
I personally have only one problem with Griffith's voice over Drummond.

Griffith has that little "rhythm" he talks in, and regardless of the emotion the voice is supposed to have at the time, the rhythm is always there, and it annoys me. Infact, most of the lines in Sonic's part in that video have that ****ed rhythm.

Griffith also does Shadow's voice from Sonic Heroes onward too, and in dialogue from SH to StH you can still hear that **** rhythm.

It's well known that the VA's from Sonic Team during the DC era were the best.

wow, definitely this. Griffith has that nasty habit of putting emphasis on specific words in a sentence. "YOU'RE too SLOW!!", for instance.

In fact, I seem to recall a certain scene in Shadow the Hedgehow (...what?) where he does it with both Shadow and Sonic.

"YOU'RE going DOWN!"
"LIKE IT or NOT, the GAME is OVER!"

Aside from that, Sonic's voice is pretty good. YOU'RE too SLOW! is perfect as a taunt because of the annoyance factor. And at least it fits him, unlike Pit's voice.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Well Snake's sounds as lovely as ever when he talks about Samus, lol.

But I like the PT voice, although Jigglypuff still sounds the same it seems. I just want to see the Ice Climbers, Snake talk. But I can wait for it. :D

Apparently, you're not familiar with HOW CAN TELL WHETHER IT'S SARCASM OR NOT?!!, FDW.
Apparently you don't understand how to form a grammatically correct sentence. >_>

Sarcasm is not hard to pick up if you're not an idiot. Did you honestly think I was being serious about David Hayter voicing Peach?

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
^^They're the echoed shouts you here (An example would be, "Now I'll show you! WWRRAAAAA!!!!")
Oh.

Well, I wanna see Landmaster and Triple Finish in action anyways ^_^. Please???

And also, is DeDeDe's name pronounced "DayDayDay" or "DeeDeeDee"?

Lovely

Smash Lord
I laugh at anyone who decides not to play as a character because of there voice over.
I heard some people say they would get the Japanese version becasue of the voice, but I have yet to hear this. I think they put sarcasm in a whole nother level when they said that, or was they for real??? I guess I can't tell the tell I see.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Aside from that, Sonic's voice is pretty good. YOU'RE too SLOW! is perfect as a taunt because of the annoyance factor. And at least it fits him, unlike Pit's voice.
Well yes, it is a perfect taunt in annoyace.
I was thinking that Sonic should say his little phrase from Sonic Heroes, "It's all over, FOR YOU!!".
Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGdyT3zNf24&feature=related
Listen to 7:17-7:19.
Much better than "come on, step it up". Also, Sonic should have this voice. :p

Zarckoh

Smash Apprentice
*suscribes*

Thanks for the videos, Sonic's voice isn't bad, Snake's is good and PT sounds like Ash in the most recent season. Also, I'm glad that Marth still has his Japanese voice.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Hayter's awesomeness more then makes up for the lameness of many of the other voices.

I want more codecs, especially Pikachu (because he's my main), Toon Link (because it has great comedic possibilities) and ROB (see Toon Link).

Top Bottom