• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

English Voice Actor Special + Snake Codecs (Updated. more Snake)

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
As a request for the next video, Cjay, do the voice acting for DeDeDe already!@!!!!!!!!!

And also, f you can, maybe show some Final Smashes in action (i.e. Fox, Pokemon Trainer, basically the ones where characters say something)

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
Hey I don't mind the voices there all what i expected really (except MK :laugh:) but i was just wandering what does DK sound like i heard his grunts were really weird this time and in matches its kinda hard to hear, also does Lucario speak? If so please do him thanks

Gaiash

Smash Cadet
Why on earth did they use that voice for Pokemon Trainer? He isn't Ash so why give him his current dub voice actress? I really hope that its bearable in battle. I also hope lucario has his 4Kids voice because he hasn't appeared in TAJ's nightmare dub yet.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Could you do the two Fire Emblem Codecs sooner rather than later (as they are Codecs I've yet to find translations for), thanks if you do it.

Thanks if you don't, knowing the voicing is good...

:034:

Smash Hero
My god, I wish I was deaf. Pit, P.Trainer and Fox sound terrible, Ike, Falco and Sonic sound bad and the rest is mildly okay. Except for Meta Knight and Snake. Good stuff.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon Trainer: His lines are cheesy, but the voice itself is okay. Maybe I watched too mucjh Pokemon when I was younger.

Squirtle: Accurate

Ivysaur: No comment--I don't remember Ivysaur from the anime.

Marth: They kept the Japanese voice. I don't know whether that's good or bad.

Jigglypuff: It hasn't changed a bit.

Sonic: He's okay.

Snake: Tell me he isn't awesome. I dare ya.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Pokemon Trainer sounds absolutely god awful. no joke.
A lil' while ago Pokemon was removed from the hands of 4Kids, and had its whole voicecast redone. Which everyone thought would be a good thing, considering 4Kids track record 'anyone would be better'. Pokemon Trainer shares Ash's NEW voice, which makes us who had any watching of the Pokemon anime beg and plead for the old 4Kids Ash back...

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
...i think Pokemon Trainer's voice is a completely new person I swear << I don't remember hearing the Ash's new voice that hoarse. He sounds more like the new dub Luffy from One Piece! (Not that that VA bad either, but this seems a bit to forced for Ash)

Iraku

Smash Cadet
A lil' while ago Pokemon was removed from the hands of 4Kids, and had its whole voicecast redone. Which everyone thought would be a good thing, considering 4Kids track record 'anyone would be better'. Pokemon Trainer shares Ash's NEW voice, which makes us who had any watching of the Pokemon anime beg and plead for the old 4Kids Ash back...
At least he put more effort into his voice acting this time, and his voice isn't cracking as much. I compared the two, and I think he sounds better in SSBB.

Never knew that Snake always wanted to try Falcon Punch XDDDDD

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
Talk about repetitiveness with PT..

Go _______!
Hang on ______!
Just a little more ______!
Way to go ______!

>.>

CJay

Smash Cadet
/suscribed
thanks Cjay for the videos. and BTW, you said DDD just grunts, can you confirm they are the same grunts of the japanese version?
yes they are the same. i think lucario and wolf are the only one left with a voice change

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
Are there any voices used in Final Smashes besides Fox and PT? Cause I think no one here has even heard any of the FS's in English besides you, Cjay.

D

Deleted member

^^They're the echoed shouts you here (An example would be, "Now I'll show you! WWRRAAAAA!!!!")

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Wow...that's cool. I like Pokemon Trainer's voice :D Along with Sonic's too. Thanks soo much for the vids

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Fox is decent, good tone to his voice. Sounds to be his assault voice or similar.
Meta Knight's voice is just crazy. "FIGHT ME!" is my favorite clip by far. (GET IT!)
Pit's voice sounds kinda snooty for someone who hasn't shown up in a game in a decade or two.
Ike's is really weak. I dunno if that or chain smoker Japanese Ike is better.
Falco's is definitely his NY assault voice, which amuses me.
PT's voice is barely tolerable. And what happened to the cute, feminine Ivysaur?
Leaving Marth's voice Japanese after all this is questionable.
No comment on the puff, she's what she is.
Sonic is quite decent. I don't how people think his other actor is so much better.
And Snake is Snake, much better than his Japanese counterpart.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Kittah4: I'm mostly on the same page with you on the voices except for Sonic, but as someone that played all the Sonic games DC onward and knows the gritty history of how much Sonic Team SCREWED UP thanks to 4Kids and its evil, Sonic's voice is tainted by that. They had a better Sonic voice for all the games before the Sonic X anime dub, but he got fired due to 4Kids only hiring New York locals. The entire Sonic cast before Sonic X was better...

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
*Listens to Pit & PT*

Well decision made, I'm maining Wolf!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I can't wait to hear Luigi and Falco's codecs. From videos I watched, the Colonel and Snake freak out about something concerning Luigi and the Colonel even begins to whine like a little girl over something. :laugh:

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Kittah4: I'm mostly on the same page with you on the voices except for Sonic, but as someone that played all the Sonic games DC onward and knows the gritty history of how much Sonic Team SCREWED UP thanks to 4Kids and its evil, Sonic's voice is tainted by that. They had a better Sonic voice for all the games before the Sonic X anime dub, but he got fired due to 4Kids only hiring New York locals. The entire Sonic cast before Sonic X was better...
I'll have to disagree that his voice was that much better. I much prefered the Sonic Adventure era Rouge and Shadow, but honestly the Sonic voice isn't that different. Plus he doesn't even do that bad of a job on it. But if that PT is truly trying to sound like Ash did, well then, THERE'S an example of a failure.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
But under that cold metal exterior beats the heart of a woman.

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
When does Meta Knight say "Know my power"? Is it when he does his final smash, or is it a victory thing.

Top Bottom