• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Controller: PRiDE has returned to us, now super hot!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I believe in Ally and I want to see what he can do this weekend. After taking out Anther and the rest of Canada I want I really look forward to him vs M2K.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yeah sorry I actually think you will do better than him so I'm not taking that bet.

He's definitely not beating us in teams now that we know he isn't with Jason.

If Seibrik picks Snake to counter me, double Snake = fail, and you main Dedede. I'll **** Seibrik's other characters.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Going by the fact that 99.9% of Brawl players clearly have no grasp of how to play intelligently it is safe to say that Ally doesn't have good Meta practice.

But if Ally secretly plays Diddy he's got this in the bag :laugh:

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Yeah sorry I actually think you will do better than him so I'm not taking that bet.

He's definitely not beating us in teams now that we know he isn't with Jason.

If Seibrik picks Snake to counter me, double Snake = fail, and you main Dedede. I'll **** Seibrik's other characters.
eh we'll see

Espada

Smash Cadet
Trevor sat on me once for a teams match at DK's

I will never forget holding back that boner.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
What character do I kill?

Anything I can spam tornado against, I guess... >_>;

Oh, wait, I **** Toon Link and Meta Knight pretty hard.

Mrdc

Smash Cadet
y are u crying? that makes things hard for me not u. showing lucas im not trash is proving to be pretty difficult. well, u dont have a secondary do u? so i guess it does suck lol. do u have a secondary? u should get one.
I don't have a secondary. I don't want one.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Santi and Quivo don't have secondaries either.

Dave doesn't even actually main Toon Link and he pretends to be a Toon Link main.

What an insult to real Toon Link mains...

Mrdc

Smash Cadet
Santi and Quivo don't have secondaries either.

Dave doesn't even actually main Toon Link and he pretends to be a Toon Link main.

What an insult to real Toon Link mains...
Win/Lose all Toon link. I'm trying to advance him as a character.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I don't have a secondary. I don't want one.
Cancer guy "Man, having cancer is kinda balls".
Doctor: "Hello there, young cancer patient! We've discovered and manufactured a cure for cancer! Free of charge! Interested?"
Cancer Guy: "Hmm... nah, I think i'm gonna ride this cancer thing out. I'm in it for the long-haul.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Toon Link is a good character, though. >_>;

He doesn't lose anything worse than 60/40, imo.

And he only loses like that to Falco, Marth, and MK.

Mrdc

Smash Cadet

Pretty much.

Very few people use Toon link as a legitimate character in tourneys. Fewer still make him into a real threat (Quivo, Santi, Jerm). His metagame has not evolved as quickly as some other characters. It will take some time for him to be developed as fully as the most used characters.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Haha, just poking fun at possibly one of the worst mindsets someone can have regarding competitive gaming.

Mrdc

Smash Cadet
Haha, just poking fun at possibly one of the worst mindsets someone can have regarding competitive gaming.
Maybe in the future I might look for a secondary. But I am not even really sure what TL's unwinnable matchups are since I'm not at that level of skill yet, so its too early for me to decide.

A terrible mindset? I enjoy playing the character and I simply just don't see a secondary as something necessary for me now.

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings

u forgot olimar. i hate that matchup. with any character really. but i do think toon link loses it pretty badly. (6-4)
and murdoc, its okay to not have a secondary, i was just wondering if u did. theres a few people who dont that are really good.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Maybe in the future I might look for a secondary. But I am not even really sure what TL's unwinnable matchups are since I'm not at that level of skill yet, so its too early for me to decide.

A terrible mindset? I enjoy playing the character and I simply just don't see a secondary as something necessary for me now.
I was refrencing my sig in the post you quoted, not you or you playing Toon Link. I was replying to Spam.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
****** dave, a toonlink that can not recover for his life, doesnt mean you **** toonlink INUI. REAL TOONLINKS CAN NOT BE EDGEGAURDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave's tl isnt horrible imo. It def isnt as good as mine tho, and sneak has a better one imo as well. I haven't seen murdoc play very recently to put my judgement on that.

Top Bottom