• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Controller: PRiDE has returned to us, now super hot!

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
Pshh, Pit would be S tier. Especially on Japanese Wiis.

Meta Knight= Pit hates you
Snake= Pit loves this matchup
King Dedede= Pit's OK here.
Mr. Game & Watch=go **** yourself you 2D...
Falco= Pit's OK here, gimping goes both ways. Approaching deflector > long range deflector
R.O.B.=...I'd say jump off a bridge, but you'd come back with your Up-B. So go with G&W.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lmao Snake a$$***** pit. Pit can't kill for crap and Snake doesn't die. Arrows aren't a problem at all, and once snake is in range...ftilt.

Mrdc

Smash Cadet
Yea, some of those boards say toonlink beats snake...wonder where'd they get an idea like that?
At best I would say its neutral if the toon link is very careful and spaces well. But toon link has to work much harder to get the kill while snake has no problem killing.

I wonder if toonlink boards still think to throw bombs against olimar...
only arrows or boomerang, bombs become much more trouble than they're worth against olimar

Eazy23

Smash Lord
lolol I was kidding because I myself think toonlink beats or goes even with snake. Don't forget I mained toon for quite some time and beasted on mad snakes.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
as spam said i also think snake still has potential to be better. i see it as coverage options.

MK's game essentially doesn't change. All the best MK's play pretty similar to each other and are getting easier to read. Theyr movesets are somewhat limited. With mines, nades, and ridiculous strength, Snake has too many ways to cover their opponents and limit theyr movement. And against a Snake, a mistake hurts a lot. MK is much easier to play at a high level, but at the theoretical highest level of play, snake should be best

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Snake's only "safe" ground moves are first hit of Ftilt/Jab on shield and his air game is horrid. His weight and fall speed cause him to get stuck in some gay damage chains. Almost any other character with a projectile can outcamp him.

He's powerful, he lives forever, his moves do come out fast despite being punishable, and he can camp characters that don't have projectiles.

He's the best character at fighting the best character, but Falco and DDD are overall better at fighting top and high tier characters not named Metaknight.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I've come to learn that Snake vs Falco isn't as bad as I once thought it to be (thanks keitaro). Just survive the first 40% and you're in a much better position than you were in before. Vs Dedede I've yet to play because...no one wants to do such a boring matchup. Snake's ground game is amazing and his air game is situationally good. I mean come on...his head is a hitbox for his bair...

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I've come to learn that Snake vs Falco isn't as bad as I once thought it to be (thanks keitaro). Just survive the first 40% and you're in a much better position than you were in before. Vs Dedede I've yet to play because...no one wants to do such a boring matchup. Snake's ground game is amazing and his air game is situationally good. I mean come on...his head is a hitbox for his bair...
I was always skeptical that Falco was a legit Snake counter. People tend to blow things out of proportion too quickly. If heavy damage/death from grabs meant everything, Ice Climbers would probably be a lot higher up in tier lists in both games.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I wonder if toonlink boards still think to throw bombs against olimar...

Nah, most boards are wrong in matchups. As I believe pierce said, the Marth boards don't want to admit they have weaknesses. I'd think the same sort of thing applies to every character boards.
Because..you know..I didn't create a thread that lists and talks about Marth's weaknesses or anything.

And who the hell thinks Marth would be S tier?

That's ridiculous.

Pit would still be overrated with gimmicky AT's and Marth would still have his 45/55 disadvantages to Snake and Dedede.

No, he doesn't suck though. That's just being dumb. But in the grand scheme his presence has little meaning. The same goes for 95% of the cast because IMO if you can't win consistently on a regional/national level, then you don't matter.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I believe Yuna or whoever thinks this.
Also, this is what I heard from a bunch of marth mainers. Now, you may be someone that thinks otherwise, however, from what about four or so marth mains I met at this tourney, they all said the marth boards felt this way to them.
I barely checked (Went inside one topic) and saw most marth mains gush over him completely.

I know you are cool.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
We love our main.

But we know he ain't winning no tournies and we all know why. Because he has weaknesses that are exploitable.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
>_>

We done stepped it up as far as it can go sir. We be steppin on the moon we done stepped up so d*mn high.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
To NYC BABY!!

My girlfriend is gone for the weekend which means imma cheat on her with smash the whole weekend!! I say we go to Bum's tourney Friday night!!

The great master Inui!! You must come!!

Marcel!! I'd pick yo *** up if you wanna come, let me know!!

BlackWaltz betta Waltz his *** on over!!

Atomsk already wants to come and you know Eazy will.

Let's Get It ON!!!!!

ChuDat

Smash Master
anything going on for u guyz this weekend?

If not, who wants to come down for my 6th installment of my FINAL Bi-weekly series? haha.

Seriously, let me know! post in my thread =)

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I think ZB is trying to make it to this. You guys are driving there? We're going public transport I think. NJ invades NYC ftw!!!!

Also, I do think R.O.B. would be S tier without MK's presence. Sorry, but his negative match-ups vs Snake and D3 aren't so pronounced that I'd be super worried. and he goes even with the rest of S tier, with a positive match-up vs the rest of the cast except DK imo, making him an S tier. And Marth is even positive or even with Diddy, due to his Fair.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
he has a great matchup on falco
goes even with ddd
if u think diddy is s tier he beats him (wth are ppl calling it s tier and not top, we dont live in japan -_- )
MK isn't even his biggest prob in the top tier, it's GaW

Inui

Banned via Warnings
he has a great matchup on falco
goes even with ddd
if u think diddy is s tier he beats him (wth are ppl calling it s tier and not top, we dont live in japan -_- )
MK isn't even his biggest prob in the top tier, it's GaW
Falco says "lol fuck you" to R.O.B.'s largest plus, his camping, and he doesn't need to CG past 20% when he has dash attack/up smash/d-air to end it. He makes R.O.B. approach, in which case...lol @ R.O.B.

Dedede chaingrabs him, can compete with his range very easily, and lives forever compounded with R.O.B.'s garbage KO power on all of his moves that aren't super slow.

S, A, B, C, D, E is used in every single fighting game community besides this one. Smashers are stupid.

I agree that Game and Watch might be R.O.B.'s worst match.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Yeah Falco and Gaw **** ROB. If a campy character can get outcamped, they lose unless they're heavy, which ROB is not.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
R.O.B. is very heavy and nearly impossible to spike, Chris.

He just sucks at actually fighting and killing the heavy characters.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
He's the 14th heaviest character in the game, not very impressive when you have Snake and D3 living forever. You don't need to spike rob...*points up* :)

He's not bad at fighting really, his ftilt has ******** priority and so do all his aerials.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
14th heaviest? Wtf? He's floaty, so he's not going to fall fast or seem heavy, but he has to be higher than 14th in actual weight.

His tilts don't do damage worth anything.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
rob is gay
but nowhere near as gay as d3,meta,gaw,falco,snake, diddy, olimar.

Rob isnt all that heavy obviously, and isn't that hard for say marth to kill.

Top Bottom