• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Controller: PRiDE has returned to us, now super hot!

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Spam is arguing so he has outs when he loses. It's a noob tactic, md/va do it a lot.

It's opinions, and when it boils down, it's not going to matter. just play the ****ing game and stop being idiots.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
No @ Olimar and Wolf beating Snake. I can beat BlackWaltz consistently with Snake.

Meta Knight loses to Snake and goes nearly even with Falco, Game and Watch, and Diddy, imo.
Don't say that till we play in a tourney or at least MM with my Olimar against your snake.
I really hope you don't take me seriously in friendlies.
This is truth. Waltz is the biggest sandbagger alive!

A well spaced one is, which is what he said.
Well, as Marth, I can punish Dsmash with Dancing Blade if it hits my shield regardless. However, I'm not sure if this applies to everyone.

Spam is arguing so he has outs when he loses. It's a noob tactic, md/va do it a lot.

It's opinions, and when it boils down, it's not going to matter. just play the ****ing game and stop being idiots.
This post is win.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Yeah dude really. I normally reserve my posts for internet lulz but come on this is so ********. I agree with dm wholeheartedly though about just playing the game. Anyway off to class...dm I'm serious btw if you have no use for the Wii I might be interested in buying it if it's a reasonable price. Byez all.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend

The word "noob" should never come out of your mouth directed towards md/va.

I'm so glad you realized you sucked and fell off the brawl scene, though, I predicted that **** right from the beginning.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439

I'm so glad you realized you sucked and fell off the brawl scene, though, I predicted that **** right from the beginning.
WTF? DM would **** your **** even now! No wonder I hear so much negative stuff about MD/VA when you come out your face with such blasphemy.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol @ dmbrandon ****** Plank, let alone even beating him

That certainly wouldn't happen right now.

I like Kashif's arguments even though I agree more with Ether.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Well, as Marth, I can punish Dsmash with Dancing Blade if it hits my shield regardless. However, I'm not sure if this applies to everyone.
It doesn't apply to the majority of characters, so it's generally safe when spaced correctly. Front hit of MK's Dsmash and Snake's uptilt can both be punished on block by Wolf regardless of spacing. Poorly spaced MK Fsmash can be punished by jabs or very fast tilts, but if it's well spaced don't even bother.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Wolf is actually a good character, but Dedede and Sheik negate him to somewhere in C tier because those matches are sooooooo bad. I also think he loses very badly to Meta Knight, like 70/30, but Dedede is 90/10.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I think he has a strong moveset and good speed, but his weight/fall speed cause him to get stuck in painful damage chains. I never got a chance to thoroughly investigate him vs Sheik's Ftilt. Are you sure he can't smash DI up+jump+air dodge out of it earlier? I meant to test it on saturday.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
wolf does pretty good against MK i think. if he camps well and doesnt let himself get gimped 60:40 seems right

im pretty sure you can DI -> footstool shieks ftilts
edit: wolf is fat though, so maybe not with him XD

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Mk ****s on wolfs day, its one of the easiest matchups i've ever played with mk, and that says a lot

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Spam stop being stupid wow.

snake lose to falco d3 olimar and maybe meta. You yourself were like" Omg I know how to fight snake for sure now, all you have to do is shuttleloop the cypher and the match is so easy".

Snake gets outcamped by tons of characters, and I mean effectively outcamped. How much can your snake do vs my toonlink? Every projectile stops motor slide.

projectile camping does not keep mk from being ****.

I also would say that I would prefer the gimping ability and mediocre killing ability of mk over snakes **** utilts n shiz. If you use utilt 1ce and it doesnt kill, it won't kill leaving snake left to take more damage before he gets the kill.

Mk is better hands down, and possibly wins the match vs snake.
Snake being able to kill faster doesn't make him better, he has to work his a$$ off in certain matchups, something mk has to do only vs snake.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Why do you think I mentioned DSF and Chillin or the fact that no top players main him in first place? Two examples of good Snakes right there, putting him on the back burner and picking up MK. If great Snakes stop maining him, of course he won't place high at relevant tournaments. Why have so many people in general dropped Snake? Why have so many picked up MK?
zomg TWO players. And Chillin isn't better than Azen so him switching proves nothing LOL

Lucky gimps? MK is arguably the best gimper in the game. Well spaced Fsmash and Dsmash are safe on block, KO as well as Wolf's Dsmash, are disjointed and have good range. What more could you want?
LMAO! No. Wolf's dsmash in training mode kills Snake from the center of FD at 128%. Meta's kill Snake under the same conditions at 147%. Granted, the back hit of Meta's dsmash is only slightly weaker then Wolf's dsmash, but it's not exactly easy to hit with the back so that doesn't really matter lulz. Meta's fsmash doesn't come out fast enough and his dsmash doesn't have very good range. As for not being able to punish them, any character that is holding a projectile can punish him by throwing it(Link, Sheik, possibly Lucario, Toon Link) or glidetossing it and comboing off of the projectile(Diddy, Peach, ROB) and Olimar can shieldgrab it. Snake can ftilt out of shield, ROB can dtilt out of shield, Wolf can fsmash out of shield and there's probably other characters that can punish it that I'm not thinking of.

Sure, some of those options punish Snake too....but does it matter? Not really considering he can take significantly more damage then Meta can.

Assuming, minimal DI, yes Snake can kill lightweights at like 90 on FD. Snakes uptilt won't kill DDD til 130ish range, even with no DI. You're talking about Snake calling dodges and landing Dair/Fsmash, but MK gimps people by luck? MK can do the same: call an offstage airdodge and aerial you, which situation is more likely to occur? Snakes Utilt is no safer than MK's Fsmash and Dsmash, and the range is probably worse.
Assuming perfect DI, Meta dies at ~95.

Let's see...which situation is more likely to occur. Somebody sidestepping or airdodging ON the stage, which is where they spend 90% of the match, or someone airdodging off of the stage when they shouldn't. I was talking about GOOD characters' recovery. . Snake can recover high, ROB's up B last forever and ever, G&W is ungimpable, Diddy is hard to gimp unless you grab release him at the ledge and even then he can be hard, another Meta can shuttle loop you and stagespike you at 0, Dedede can recover high and has superarmor, you have to GUESS when Falco is going to side B. Hell, even Wolf can just cancel his side B and FLY miles and miles onto the stage. Meanwhile, Snake has to punish an onstage airdodge? That is SOOOOOOOOO much easier. Snake's uptilt is about the same range as Meta's fsmash, maybe a bit more, though it kills much earlier than Meta's dsmash and his fsmash plus it comes out faster than his fsmash. Not sure if it's faster than his dsmash.

If only he had the best pokes and approach in the game? It's also too bad his nair only does 19% and tornado ***** heavies.
ROB's dtilt actually outranges Meta's lawl. Nair has garbage range and heavies can DI out of tornado. Not to mention Meta's fair and bair are meh. You have to space them perfectly going backwards to not get punished. Anything less than perfection will have IKE jab you out of shield for 16% so...yeah.

You're talking about Snake Ftilting you into projectiles, but MK gimping people is luck? Even if the character gets back to the stage, it's still likely that MK will have gotten some damage in during the edgeguarding process anyway.
Uhh when Snake places explosives EVERYWHERE, HELL YES you are going to get ftilted into one of them. No, Meta does not always have guaranteed damage against the top characters in this game off the stage.

Yes, MK is lighter than Snake. Weight is not the only thing that determines survivability. You managed to survive that life expectancy versus Bum on saturday, right?
I didn't survive the life expectancy by much really.
R1 - Died from ftilt at 118% <_<, died from fsmash at 97%.
R2 - Died at 126% from upair, died at 126% from bair after missing the hyper viper beam tornado.
R3 - Died from upair at 103%, nearly died from getting hit into the charged laser at 29%!, died at 80% from an SD.

That is not impressive at all compared to how high Snake lives.

Yet MK still manages to be better than every projectile user in the game.
Except for Snake. But the reason he's better is not because he doesn't have no projectiles, it's just that most of them suck.

Grenades lose camping situations versus good characters that also have projectiles.
I said it shuts down RUSHDOWN lmao. I will concede that you can't camp grenades against better camping projectiles, but really, does it matter?

Wolf's standing laser = easily powershielded

Falco's lasers can be crawled under and then you can boostsmash once you get into it's gargantuan range as soon as you see him jump.

Sheik's needles have pretty bad lag at the end. True, a full set of needles is still safe and even single needles sort of makes Snake approach but shielding > needles. Shielding grenades isn't going to help you much cuz they kind of **** shield.

ROB's projectiles are pretty mediocre.

Sometimes. Depends on character, amongst other things.
It doesn't depend on character. You can always DI out if you have good DI.

Turbo Ether said:
I think he has a strong moveset and good speed, but his weight/fall speed cause him to get stuck in painful damage chains. I never got a chance to thoroughly investigate him vs Sheik's Ftilt.
You can get out. It depends on damage and how diminished the ftilt is. At 0 it doesn't work. If you get caught in it around 40%, you're guaranteed to take a pretty good amount of damage.

Eazy23 said:
Spam stop being stupid wow.

snake lose to falco d3 olimar and maybe meta. You yourself were like" Omg I know how to fight snake for sure now, all you have to do is shuttleloop the cypher and the match is so easy".
Snake doesn't lose to any of those characters, ESPECIALLY not Meta. Yeah if they're DUMB the match is easy as FAWK with Meta. But who CARES, that's NOT what I'm talking about. Yeah I know how to FIGHT him, that doesn't make him inferior to Meta. I can fight Falco with Link in Melee, does that mean Link = godly top tier? NO!

Stop basing matchups on how Yes does in them and instead on how they actually are. Snake needs to ftilt Olimar like...once at 30 and edgehog to kill him LMAO. Pikmin regenerate Snakes tilts.

Eazy23 said:
Snake gets outcamped by tons of characters, and I mean effectively outcamped. How much can your snake do vs my toonlink? Every projectile stops motor slide.
Oh yeah, those deadly lasers you can crawl under and those waddle dees of DOOM that regenerate Snake's moves are OH SO DEADLY! And idc if Toon Link outcamps Snake if easy powershielding lets you approach and ftilt him for massive damage and you die waaaaaaaaaay higher then Toon Link dies. I'll MM your Toon Link with Snake and play like that instead of just trying to make fireworks, let's see what happens.

Eazy23 said:
projectile camping does not keep mk from being ****.
When did I say it did? I just said projectiles > no projectiles, which is TRUE! IMAGINE if Meta Knight's side B was to pull bananas. HOW GODLY would that be? Why? BECAUSE PROJECTILES ARE GOOD!

Eazy23 said:
I also would say that I would prefer the gimping ability and mediocre killing ability of mk over snakes **** utilts n shiz. If you use utilt 1ce and it doesnt kill, it won't kill leaving snake left to take more damage before he gets the kill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sH-ZaN2j38&feature=related

Watch 4:48 to the end.

Order of moves
uptilt
ftilt
4:48 uptilt
uptilt

Pikachu dies from final uptilt. Hmm....**** looks like move degeneration RAAAAAAAAAAAPES SNAKE UP THE ***! Oh wait...

Eazy23 said:
Snake being able to kill faster doesn't make him better, he has to work his a$$ off in certain matchups, something mk has to do only vs snake.
The following matchups are without planking because that doesn't work if you're losing.

you already mentioned Snake vs Meta, no need to go into that.

Falco vs Meta - CG takes Meta to 60% and Meta is light so Falco's mediocre killing ability doesn't matter as much. Lasers beat tornado and drill rush.
Rapid jabs are still safe. Upsmash kills Meta at 105%.

G&W vs Meta - His backair outranges Meta's aeriels and shieldstabs if you shield it. All of his aeriels beat tornado and his dair beats shuttle loop easily. His ledgecamping is hard to get past without the infinite cape, though that's kind of risky cuz if you mess up you die. G&W's smashes are super strong.

Lucario vs Meta - Lucario is soooooooo hard to kill if they have good spacing and he gets stronger and stronger as you damage him :(. His fsmash has a tipper and it's safe if you shield it.

Kirby vs Meta - Kirby is unbelievably tiny. He can combo into a kill move with a pretty safe move(dtilt to fsmash), he can steal tornado to make his recovery better, and he has combos.

Olimar vs Meta - I asked M2K what you can safely hit Olimar's shield with. He said dair and head level tornado was ALL you could do and that everything else gets shieldgrabbed. Olimar can grab Meta out of tornado. Olimar is light enough that even if you catch him in it it isn't going to **** him.

The above are the gayest matchups. Below are some matchups that while I feel Meta wins, the characters still have some gay garbage that force you to play super patient and boring. Note, I am not saying Meta loses to any of the above characters. I just feel that Meta is more limited then people act like he is in those matchups and that they're close.

Luigi vs Meta - <_< if he DIs out of your tornado he can hit you with his for about the same damage you got on him. jab --> up B might not combo but its SCARY AS FAWK considering how low it kills and his fsmash is ridiculous for killing. Poking him doesn't really do much because he has super low traction and just slides away from you. Granted it does mean you're safe but nothing you do really leads to anything. He has some combos and he has a ridiculous recovery.

Ike vs Meta - Ike punishes all of Meta's aeriels unless they are perfectly spaced with jab out of shield unless you're upairing him when he's on a platform of course. Ike's nair and bair are safe on shield and his bair is super strong. Ike's SH back fair beats all of Meta's moves.

Dedede vs Meta - Hooray, there is one strategy that works!
Mew2King said:
That matchup is so dumb, it's just camp into random tornado
Want to do something else against Dedede? Well HF with that cuz Atomsk beat Forte in 3 MMs.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
zomg TWO players. And Chillin isn't better than Azen so him switching proves nothing LOL
It proves that some of the best Snakes think MK is better. M2K also changed his mind about Snake being better than MK some time ago.

LMAO! No. Wolf's dsmash in training mode kills Snake from the center of FD at 128%. Meta's kill Snake under the same conditions at 147%. Granted, the back hit of Meta's dsmash is only slightly weaker then Wolf's dsmash, but it's not exactly easy to hit with the back so that doesn't really matter lulz.
MK's Fsmash kills like 3% later than Wolf's Dsmash at worst, has huge priority and is extremely difficult to punish on reaction if well spaced. If you can land Snake's Fsmash you should have no problem landing this, same thing goes for the back end of MK's Dsmash. For how many advantages MK has, his KO game is quite fine. This isn't even including MK being the best edge guarder in the game.

Meta's fsmash doesn't come out fast enough and his dsmash doesn't have very good range. As for not being able to punish them, any character that is holding a projectile can punish him by throwing it(Link, Sheik, possibly Lucario, Toon Link) or glidetossing it and comboing off of the projectile(Diddy, Peach, ROB) and Olimar can shieldgrab it. Snake can ftilt out of shield, ROB can dtilt out of shield, Wolf can fsmash out of shield and there's probably other characters that can punish it that I'm not thinking of.
I pretty much agree with this.

Sure, some of those options punish Snake too....but does it matter? Not really considering he can take significantly more damage then Meta can.
Good point, but it's still not in Snake's best interest to get punished for trying to land his best kill move. So yes, it does matter.

Let's see...which situation is more likely to occur. Somebody sidestepping or airdodging ON the stage, which is where they spend 90% of the match, or someone airdodging off of the stage when they shouldn't. I was talking about GOOD characters' recovery. . Snake can recover high, ROB's up B last forever and ever, G&W is ungimpable, Diddy is hard to gimp unless you grab release him at the ledge and even then he can be hard, another Meta can shuttle loop you and stagespike you at 0, Dedede can recover high and has superarmor, you have to GUESS when Falco is going to side B. Hell, even Wolf can just cancel his side B and FLY miles and miles onto the stage. Meanwhile, Snake has to punish an onstage airdodge? That is SOOOOOOOOO much easier.
Your Snake attempts to Fsmash/Dair people out of dodges more frequently than your MK attempts to hit someone not on the stage? Excuse me if I find this hard to believe. Snakes Fsmash is so slow, some characters can dodge, not expecting it, and still shield in time. If that slow *** Dair or Fsmash doesn't hit, you get ***** for it. Meanwhile, what's the worse thing that happens to MK if he whiffs an aerial offstage? He recovers anyway or attacks again if the enemy isn't back on stage yet. There's more options for avoiding a Snake Fsmash/Dair on stage, then there are for avoiding a fast, high priority MK aerial offstage.

Snake's uptilt is about the same range as Meta's fsmash, maybe a bit more, though it kills much earlier than Meta's dsmash and his fsmash plus it comes out faster than his fsmash. Not sure if it's faster than his dsmash. ROB's dtilt actually outranges Meta's lawl. Nair has garbage range and heavies can DI out of tornado. Not to mention Meta's fair and bair are meh. You have to space them perfectly going backwards to not get punished. Anything less than perfection will have IKE jab you out of shield for 16% so...yeah.
Yeah ROB's poke are good, almost on par with MK's, but no one's approach+pokes together are on par with MKs. I agree that his Bair is meh, but disagree about Fair. Almost every character would kill to have that Fair.

Uhh when Snake places explosives EVERYWHERE, HELL YES you are going to get ftilted into one of them. No, Meta does not always have guaranteed damage against the top characters in this game off the stage.
Ftilting into nades, C4 or a mine requires insane luck, very specific percents and improper DI. The most practical way for Snake to hit someone into a projectile is Uptilt to falling Mortar.

I didn't survive the life expectancy by much really.
R1 - Died from ftilt at 118% <_<, died from fsmash at 97%.
R2 - Died at 126% from upair, died at 126% from bair after missing the hyper viper beam tornado.
R3 - Died from upair at 103%, nearly died from getting hit into the charged laser at 29%!, died at 80% from an SD.

That is not impressive at all compared to how high Snake lives.
True, i'm not saying MK lives as long as Snake, but I will say that Snake is generally easier to damage than MK. Bigger target that gets caught in strings more easily, easier to edgeguard and easier to harass in the air.

I said it shuts down RUSHDOWN lmao. I will concede that you can't camp grenades against better camping projectiles, but really, does it matter?

Wolf's standing laser = easily powershielded

Falco's lasers can be crawled under and then you can boostsmash once you get into it's gargantuan range as soon as you see him jump.

Sheik's needles have pretty bad lag at the end. True, a full set of needles is still safe and even single needles sort of makes Snake approach but shielding > needles. Shielding grenades isn't going to help you much cuz they kind of **** shield.
I agree overall. Though, can't ignore that cooking grenades is not always practical, and nades can be used against him.

It doesn't depend on character. You can always DI out if you have good DI.
Something I need to see consistently done.

You can get out. It depends on damage and how diminished the ftilt is. At 0 it doesn't work. If you get caught in it around 40%, you're guaranteed to take a pretty good amount of damage.
Good to know. What's best way to DI/get out of it?

Why does this matter? lmao, if Dedede has to use his up b against Snake he is SCREWED Snake's dair will **** him.
It matters because the point was made in regards to how early Uptilt kills.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I find it significantly easier to survive a long time with Meta Knight in teams because I don't get hit nearly as often and can't get combo'd. It's one of the major reasons I switched to Meta Knight over my already highly experienced Snake.

dmbrandon

Smash Master

You. Are. Garbage.

You have little to no friends, and I'm fairly sure everyone who knows you wishes you had sometype of cancer. I have some aim conversations saved if your ego needs to be smacked around.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I'm withdrawing from any further pointless Snake vs Meta debate. I would rather do something else. If Spam thinks Snake is the best character, that's fine.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I'm withdrawing from any further pointless Snake vs Meta debate. I would rather do something else. If Spam thinks Snake is the best character, that's fine.
No, **** that. I'm not gonna sit here and let spam john his losses away. **** Snake.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
No, **** that. I'm not gonna sit here and let spam john his losses away. **** Snake.
Uhh...wtf are you smoking? I have lost to a grand total of one Snake player in my life and that was my fault, not Snake being gay. I'm not johning at all. I'm just saying that he is a superior character.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Uhh...wtf are you smoking? I have lost to a grand total of one Snake player in my life and that was my fault, not Snake being gay. I'm not johning at all. I'm just saying that he is a superior character.
My snake took a match off your mk once :laugh:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
thats because you plank...
-_-

not that i have anything against it. i just would get bored, lmao
That is very untrue. It's a common misconception that I "plank" every match, when in reality i only ever do it against top level falcos. I play very aggressive against wolf, actually. He can't take the rushdown.

Also, Brandon, there are a lot of people that hate me on SWF, that is very true. I don't sugarcoat what I say and i tell it like it is. There are also a lot of people that I get along with very well, rarely is there anything in the middle. However even since melee, you've been regarded as one of the biggest idiots on smashboards. You come out of seclusion when you think you have talent, then as soon as you realize you're nothing, you go back into it. Thankfully for us all we don't have to hear as much from you now as when brawl came out, since you know you're bad now.

Some people just have natural talent in games and a winning mentality, some people just take more time to learn and take a bit longer to adapt. Then there are the select few that no matter how long they play or how hard they try will never ever amount to anything, and you are one of those select few. Congrats

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Hey atomsk....you need a weegee and kirby, I played you yesterday on all is brawl....good luck at the denville tourney

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Plank and Brandon should stop arguing because I like them both. :(

I need Meta ditto practice because I'm awful at that match and almost lose to random bad ones all the time.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
inui snake is better in teams than MK unless the team you are fighting consists of big fat characters that you can just tornado, or people that suck against tornado.

Inui I am doing nothing this weekend, and have nothing to do, play me. But melee first LOL

Let's go to chu's this weekend, if you take me I'll team w/ you (it's melee and brawl)

also an anime convention this weekend that Vidjo will be at.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to an NY weekly, Blue's tournament, and then Rutgers this weekend. Maybe I'd ditch that stuff to team with you in both Melee and Brawl and make easy money, but I can't drive myself LOL.

You really can't get a ride to Chu's from anyone near you? Scar and Cactuar don't want to go for Melee?

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Switching between Melee and Brawl is diificult now that I use a pretty crazy control scheme. This scheme improves my Wolf by a good amount, without throwing off my other characters. Sheik too. Too bad it's not a placebo affect.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Mind sharing your scheme? I'm really curious.
Z - Attack
Y - Grab
L - Jump (optional)
Tap Jump - Off

That's it. Sheik's DACUS has the strictest timing, followed by Wolf's. They become noticeably easier to do imo, probably because Z=attack means they will no longer attempt useless dash attack cancelled grabs.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
do i need that if i can ducas with wolf w/o it? what would make retreating fairs easier?

Edit: WoZ is amazing. :laugh:

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
do i need that if i can ducas with wolf w/o it? what would make retreating fairs easier?

Edit: WoZ is amazing. :laugh:
You don't need it if you can already DACUS. Retreating Fair does become easier. Though, I only have L assigned to Jump for Falco's Instant Aerial Phantasm. You can also do instant aerial sideB with CF and Ganon too for lulz.

For retreating Fair I currently just quickly input the SH rising Fair and DI back.

Top Bottom