• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Controller: PRiDE has returned to us, now super hot!

dmbrandon

Smash Master
That is very untrue. It's a common misconception that I "plank" every match, when in reality i only ever do it against top level falcos. I play very aggressive against wolf, actually. He can't take the rushdown.

Also, Brandon, there are a lot of people that hate me on SWF, that is very true. I don't sugarcoat what I say and i tell it like it is. There are also a lot of people that I get along with very well, rarely is there anything in the middle. However even since melee, you've been regarded as one of the biggest idiots on smashboards. You come out of seclusion when you think you have talent, then as soon as you realize you're nothing, you go back into it. Thankfully for us all we don't have to hear as much from you now as when brawl came out, since you know you're bad now.

Some people just have natural talent in games and a winning mentality, some people just take more time to learn and take a bit longer to adapt. Then there are the select few that no matter how long they play or how hard they try will never ever amount to anything, and you are one of those select few. Congrats
Weirddddd. I only have won around 65 thousand dollars in the past 5-6 years playing video games. What are you, woodman? 6k? 7k?

You're the equivilant of a 2k sports game. You're there, and I don't mind you, but I'd really rather not waste TOO much time, as we know, you're shallow and ultimately will be replaced by... Pretty much anything.

It's not your fault, kid. It's your dad's. He just ain't got the genes, bro. Me? I got good genes. And GREAT jeans. I have the money to pay for them. From games. Where as you... maybe took some dude out to dinner? Good for you, man. I'm sure Mr. Right will pop up sooner or later. Just keep playing smash like a cowardly fruit, and I'm sure the bad physics will make you enough money to eventually one day get that ring you've had your eye on.

Seriously, don't just settle for anyone, either. Make it someone special. Maybe Inui? I think he thinks you're cute. I say go for it.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Tell me WoZ just got on a burn of mine? Hell yes.

I'd say this round is mine, floorboard. Your move.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
DMBrandon I want you to write a book on all the problems this world has or just anything you can Rant about!
PLEASE!
I started it years ago. It was called Problem Solved.

It's about how everyone ****ing complains about bull**** problems that have easy solutions. I got tired of writing. maybe I'll start again, who knows.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Z - Attack
Y - Grab
L - Jump (optional)
Tap Jump - Off

That's it. Sheik's DACUS has the strictest timing, followed by Wolf's. They become noticeably easier to do imo, probably because Z=attack means they will no longer attempt useless dash attack cancelled grabs.
I like mine more :bee:

Z - Attack
X - Grab
Tap Jump - On

dmbrandon

Smash Master
My john is legit. You're settingup for your losses with garbage 'facts.' Now that I think of it, you haven't made a good post in quite a bit. Man up.

If I were you, I'd let what I said go, and focus how you're going to get passed Dave and Magus next time. I say cheat.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
My john is legit.
this is a stupid idea. If you go, go to ****ing win. When you show up, it **** well counts. The Giants can't go to the pats and say: "Hey, yeah. We're the pirates today, we're just not into it this week.:
You have one good win, from what I understand, and I get to sully it by saying I wasn't even trying.
Really now, your john is legit but you're supposed to go to tournaments and and it **** well counts? :laugh::laugh:

You're settingup for your losses with garbage 'facts.' Now that I think of it, you haven't made a good post in quite a bit. Man up.
Facts > dm logic :bee:

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I wasn't playing singles seriously. I didn't pay to enter, I forfieted from the start my right to a prize. I only wanted to chill for a bit and have some fun. Eat my balls, kackshif. yayuhz.

seriously, i love you

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
That's not fair, playing the Inui card should be banned. How could one ever rebuttle?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
That is very untrue. It's a common misconception that I "plank" every match, when in reality i only ever do it against top level falcos. I play very aggressive against wolf, actually. He can't take the rushdown.
then maybe youre playing the wrong wolfs :)

yeah... why only against falco? O.o

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
then maybe youre playing the wrong wolfs :)

yeah... why only against falco? O.o
germ chinesahh azen and chillin all have good wolfs, i think lol

edit:: and only falco because falco has a huge weakness to it. its generally ineffective against other characters. Also falcos biggest weapons at low % are his chaingrabs and laser camping, so staying on the ledge negates both of those.

falco is just an annoyance, id rather annoy him than deal with it

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
My john is legit. You're settingup for your losses with garbage 'facts.' Now that I think of it, you haven't made a good post in quite a bit. Man up.

If I were you, I'd let what I said go, and focus how you're going to get passed Dave and Magus next time. I say cheat.
luls. ****. i got a lot better. (not trying to be cocky.) and magus is da ****. (lk sucked too)

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Inui and Atomsk took first today again. dmbrandon and my self tied for like 4th today I think? We probably shouldn't have played today, since apparently he threw his back out last night, and was writhing on the venue floor today in pain. Johns?

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
Inui and Atomsk took first today again. dmbrandon and my self tied for like 4th today I think? We probably shouldn't have played today, since apparently he threw his back out last night, and was writhing on the venue floor today in pain. Johns?
ouch. that sucks.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Just beat KH2, proud mode, first playthrough. Enjoyable game, managed to beat it in 30-35ish hours.

I liked it better than the first. Story was about as convoluted as the first, but was more compelling. After beating both games, I still don't get what the main villian's motives were. "I crave limitless power and darkness, hahahaha!!!11".

The worlds were better designed, but still felt a little lifeless overall. Better choice of worlds, though.

Combat for me, was mash the attack button for 90% of the game, because Sora is broken. The other 10% were boss fights that required more thought. I didn't figure out a super broken strategy, because Drive forms provide no invincibilty, and didn't outdamage regular attacking + action commands. Limits seemed overly flashy and time and resource consuming for how much damage they did. Didn't bother with summons.

Last boss encounter was much better executed than KH1. But the last boss fights in these games have like 30 forms/phases, which is annoying. Just die so I can watch the ending plz. I exceedingly despised the KH1 last boss fight.

Next game to start is Okami. I kinda feel like playing FFX-2, because the combat in that game was exceptional.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
You think Sora was broke?

Amaterasu ****s all over that pretty boy.

Also...for KH2 all you had to do was take off all your added combo abilities then put on all your finishers and finisher plus so you do two in a row. Then mash the button and after a few attacks you will do your finisher. You could tack on Negative combo and you will do your finisher sooner. This is great since enemies love to interrupt your combos.

And Drive forms do out damage normal combos.

Well, Final Form does and that's the only one you should be using.

And I still hate KH2 since you don't DO anything.

At least in KH1 you are actually playing a f*cking game.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You think Sora was broke?

Amaterasu ****s all over that pretty boy.

Also...for KH2 all you had to do was take off all your added combo abilities then put on all your finishers and finisher plus so you do two in a row. Then mash the button and after a few attacks you will do your finisher. You could tack on Negative combo and you will do your finisher sooner. This is great since enemies love to interrupt your combos.

And Drive forms do out damage normal combos.

Well, Final Form does and that's the only one you should be using.

And I still hate KH2 since you don't DO anything.

At least in KH1 you are actually playing a f*cking game.
Valor Form is the best until Master, and then that until Final.

Sora with all the drive abilities is broken as hell. The only thing I haven't beaten yet is the Hades Paradox cup, because Pete is ******** with a point and time limit attached.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Valor is ***.

No magic.

Wisdom RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPES Valor.

Wisdom shot = 100% safe way to do damage since you aren't in the middle of the fray.

Master Form wasn't that good either. I forget why though.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Valor is ***.

No magic.

Wisdom RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPES Valor.

Wisdom shot = 100% safe way to do damage since you aren't in the middle of the fray.

Master Form wasn't that good either. I forget why though.
Valor is better than wisdom if you can combo for ****, which is sooooo easy in KH2. On proud mode it was all about the air combos, and with two blades it was easy. That shot was weka and innaccurate, and mana sucks.

Master is wisdom's magic enchanced and valor's combos... The form is amazing.

Final is just all that and more.

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
Just beat KH2, proud mode, first playthrough. Enjoyable game, managed to beat it in 30-35ish hours.

I liked it better than the first. Story was about as convoluted as the first, but was more compelling. After beating both games, I still don't get what the main villian's motives were. "I crave limitless power and darkness, hahahaha!!!11".

The worlds were better designed, but still felt a little lifeless overall. Better choice of worlds, though.

Combat for me, was mash the attack button for 90% of the game, because Sora is broken. The other 10% were boss fights that required more thought. I didn't figure out a super broken strategy, because Drive forms provide no invincibilty, and didn't outdamage regular attacking + action commands. Limits seemed overly flashy and time and resource consuming for how much damage they did. Didn't bother with summons.

Last boss encounter was much better executed than KH1. But the last boss fights in these games have like 30 forms/phases, which is annoying. Just die so I can watch the ending plz. I exceedingly despised the KH1 last boss fight.

Next game to start is Okami. I kinda feel like playing FFX-2, because the combat in that game was exceptional.
u learn more about the enemies in kh2 if u have the japanese version called kh2: final mix. theres also more bosses to battle too. play ffx-2! yuna and rikku are f**king hot! and they wear like nothing. =P the battle style is cool.
@ e.l.- master form is ****. y would u think its not?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
u learn more about the enemies in kh2 in u have the japanese version called kh2: final mix. theres also more bosses to battle too. play ffx-2! yuna and rikku are f**king hot! and they wear like nothing. =P the battle style is cool.
I liked the battles vs the Org XIII people from CoM more, seeing as we missed out on those for ****ing card battles until then.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I'm not super pro in KH knowledge like I am in some other RPG's.

Go to gamefaqs if you want to know the Drive Form tier list and the reasoning behind it.

But I did always feel like Wisdom was better then Valor. Being forced to go into the crowd is never good. Also I think Valor's finisher's were slower to come out and less of an area effect. But you were able to cancel your combo into a finisher at anytime which was nice.

And...what do you mean combo for ****? Your wording makes it sound like their is some trick to mashing the X button and then the Square button occasionally.

Mana = Cure and Reflect = God-like

Also it had that one move. It was a play on the word magnet I think. Sucked all the enemies into one spot for easy comboing. It was nasty.

Reflect was stupid good. If you reflected a powerful attack it did crazy damage. It was a boss killer.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I never got Final Form drive. I had used Master form like once because it leaves you with no teammates and no invincibility.

The faster finisher thing sounds good. I was wondering if Negative Combo was good. Thanks.

Donald/Goofy were more useful in KH1. They nerfed cure spam and MP regen.

What good stuff does the coliseum reward.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Also, I heard Reflect was good, but didn't know how to use it effectively. Does it reflect physical and magic? And does it only reflect one hit before you have to recast it?

Edit: Double post, figured someone would have outspeeded me.

Top Bottom