• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I guess that means if Elma is in, all the X music is dumped onto Gaur Plain?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Maybe but I dunno, I just don't think it's capped at 103. It's just the known info as of this moment. There's still a chance.

aarchak

Smash Ace
Eh, they might just backpedaled because it isn't information meant to be revealed now. If 108 was an actual leak they wouldn't print it two times lol.
Really, who knows what it is? We can speculate all we want, but it doesn't matter until we get an official statement, and that 103 is the closest thing we got.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Really, who knows what it is? We can speculate all we want, but it doesn't matter until we get an official statement, and that 103 is the closest thing we got.
Sure, but this doesn't outright state that 103 is the final number. The chance of more stages is still up in the air.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Even if the base game stage count is 103, we shouldn't doubt any of our favorite characters getting in the base game just because we are not getting anymore stages for the base game.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
What bothers me about the idea of there being 103 stages is that it's just. . . kinda underwhelming. I mean, sure, that's a massive amount of stages, and a lot of great ones, but just so little new. It'd be New Donk City, Great Plateau Tower, Moray Towers, and that's it. And then they reveal all stages almost a full four months before release? That'd be pretty lackluster.

But on a different note, I came across this interview which I feel is pretty interesting. Nothing relating directly or indirectly so Smash, but interesting for Xenoblade.

aarchak

Smash Ace
What bothers me about the idea of there being 103 stages is that it's just. . . kinda underwhelming. I mean, sure, that's a massive amount of stages, and a lot of great ones, but just so little new. It'd be New Donk City, Great Plateau Tower, Moray Towers, and that's it. And then they reveal all stages almost a full four months before release? That'd be pretty lackluster.

But on a different note, I came across this interview which I feel is pretty interesting. Nothing relating directly or indirectly so Smash, but interesting for Xenoblade.
Xenoblade Warriors would make my whole year. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
After Fire Emblem Warriors disappointed me greatly I'd really rather not get a Xenoblade Warriors. It'd probably end up excluding all XCX characters or adding only one last second to appease fans or some other nonsense. I followed FEW's development pretty closely and in almost every interview there was something really worrying about what was going on with development.

Mind people wanted FE Warriors far longer than Xenoblade's been a thing, there's ancient fan art of the idea and the actual product ended up being really divisive. I'd lower my expectations if you were excited for a Xenoblade Warriors game.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
After Fire Emblem Warriors disappointed me greatly I'd really rather not get a Xenoblade Warriors. It'd probably end up excluding all XCX characters or adding only one last second to appease fans or some other nonsense. I followed FEW's development pretty closely and in almost every interview there was something really worrying about what was going on with development.

Mind people wanted FE Warriors far longer than Xenoblade's been a thing, there's ancient fan art of the idea and the actual product ended up being really divisive. I'd lower my expectations if you were excited for a Xenoblade Warriors game.
TBH my only problems with FE Warriors was the character selection (too much focus on only 3 games) and the lack of variety, which both wouldn't be a problem for a Xenoblade Warriors since there aren't that many games to draw from.
Also gameplay wise FE Warriors is amazing, so I would be hyped for a Xenoblade-focused game.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard

And Dracula's Castle, don't forget that. Honestly, I think that one alone makes up for any lack of new stages for me.

Also, Xenoblade Warriors, yes please. It needs to have a heart-to-heart system similar to Fire Emblem Warriors' supports. I need to see Elma try to hold a conversation with Nia while trying not to pet her.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Also, Xenoblade Warriors, yes please. It needs to have a heart-to-heart system similar to Fire Emblem Warriors' supports. I need to see Elma try to hold a conversation with Nia while trying not to pet her.
That alone just made me picture Reyn and Zeke having a total ham-off, or Tora getting all fanboy over Sharla’s rifle.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Hey, could someone help me check something? For the hell of it, I decided to go back and watch some old trailers for X (for example), and I kept seeing Smash Ultimate in the related/suggest videos. Only some of the usual speculation fodder so far, really. But for comparison's sake, I also decided to look at some of the trailers for the original Splatoon (like the teaser). . . with no Smash Ultimate videos at all to be found in the video suggestions there. So what I'd like to know, is this just my algorhythm, or does this happen for other people as well? And of course, does this also happen for other games around the time?

Eh, I feel like people are really overreacting with FEW. Sure, the Afateskening + Shadow Dragon focus does suck, but if they had broadened the character selection, we'd probably have only gotten protagonists and major story-relevant characters, which also wouldn't be too interesting, considering how many fan-favourite characters are neither of those things. And in regards to characters of the same class fighting so similar to one another. . . well, that's just how FE is.
But even those things aside, there were a lot of things about FEW that I liked more than with Hyrule Warriors, especially after going back to the Definitive Edition and seeing the differences.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey, could someone help me check something? For the hell of it, I decided to go back and watch some old trailers for X (for example), and I kept seeing Smash Ultimate in the related/suggest videos. Only some of the usual speculation fodder so far, really. But for comparison's sake, I also decided to look at some of the trailers for the original Splatoon (like the teaser). . . with no Smash Ultimate videos at all to be found in the video suggestions there. So what I'd like to know, is this just my algorhythm, or does this happen for other people as well? And of course, does this also happen for other games around the time?

Eh, I feel like people are really overreacting with FEW. Sure, the Afateskening + Shadow Dragon focus does suck, but if they had broadened the character selection, we'd probably have only gotten protagonists and major story-relevant characters, which also wouldn't be too interesting, considering how many fan-favourite characters are neither of those things. And in regards to characters of the same class fighting so similar to one another. . . well, that's just how FE is.
But even those things aside, there were a lot of things about FEW that I liked more than with Hyrule Warriors, especially after going back to the Definitive Edition and seeing the differences.
I do too on mobile with private browsing enabled...I doubt this is a coincidence

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

Oh my the same happens to me! I also tried with an Arms trailer and nothibg related to Smash under it even tho they are both Switch games...I don't know what to think about this...

And I agree on FEW. Although I would say that having the characters divided by class should have made adding more characters easy, since they could have just cloned them. And also the story was very dumb, even for a crossover Warriors game, so I hope that for an eventual Xenoblade Warriors they don't make original character, or if they have to they are side characters like how Lana was in HW rather than being the main protagonist.
Still FEW is great to play, and the weapon triangle is such a great addition that I kinda hope it is incorporated in future titles somehow...

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I think Xenoblade Warriors wouldn't suffer from the Fire Emblem problem, being too many characters. Just have it be the party members from 1 and 2, With Elma, Lin, L, Doug, Lao, Irina, Gwin to represent X, maybe with KOSMOS and T-Elos thrown in as well.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Make it Xeno warriors just so you have an excuse to add Shion, KOS-MOS, T-Elos, chaos, Fei, Elly, and Bart.

:(

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Make it Xeno warriors just so you have an excuse to add Shion, KOS-MOS, T-Elos, chaos, Fei, Elly, and Bart.

:(
Not to be a downer, but I'd rather not have that. The three Blade games already have big enough casts to easily fill up a roster, and I wouldn't want to risk some characters not making it in by the focus being spread out too much.
On the note of a hypothetical Xenoblade Warriors, though, I kinda wonder how the characters from two would even fight in such a game. I admittedly have only played HW and FEW, but there weren't exactly any two-character teams there.

aarchak

Smash Ace
Those are hardly comparable to any given Driver and Blade pair.
I don't see much of a problem, the Blade would just follow the Driver around while they attack and join in on any special attacks (I don't know what they're called or how they work, I've never played a Warriors game).

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Okay, so I know we have talked about what music we want in Smash, but what would you want remixed and which should be the originals? For me, it's something like this:

Remixes:
Oblivia (Day)
Ma-non Ship (Day)
Cauldros (Day)
Melancholia
Wir Fliegen (Overdrive Theme)
Codename Z
Primordia (Day)

Originals:
The Key We've Lost
Uncontrollable
Black Tar (this song is a bop don't @ me)
Sylvalum (Night)
Noctilum (Day)
Theme X
No. EX 01

Honestly, this is my dream for X music. Can't imagine anything better. Except for the fact that I keep going back and forth between what songs should be remixed. It's a struggle with such awesome music.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
I wouldn't mind all that much as long as X content is still in the game. Xenoblade has quite a few vast, grassy plains and Guar Plains is probably the most iconic, anyway.
I guess Gaur Plains would be the first choice over Primordia as a stage - although I would argue Gormott is much better and has the best theme out of the three of them in my opinion.
I'd love the Primordia theme to be available on the Gaur Plains stage though, or Sylvalum (Day), or Oblivia, or Black Tar - or literally the X soundtrack :laugh:

It's one of my favorites, and anyone who says it sucks hasn't heard it enough yet.
There are people who say this sucks?
Wow, they must be stuck on a whole different planet

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I don't see much of a problem, the Blade would just follow the Driver around while they attack and join in on any special attacks (I don't know what they're called or how they work, I've never played a Warriors game).
So it'd be just as in 2. Meh. One of my biggest annoyances with the combat in 2 was how it was even more noticable than in X that your party members can't help each other anymore when they're toppled (or any other part of these combos), or got any other status ailment, and Blades are the biggest offenders of that, in my eyes.

Originals:
Black Tar (this song is a bop don't @ me)
Sylvalum (Night)
Those two I feel would be better off as remixes. Black Tar is a bit too lengthy and takes a while to get going, and as great as Sylvalum is, I also feel like it'd be a bit too "slow" for Smash.

KatKit

Smash Lord
A Cauldros day/night remix, complete with chimes, drums, and a choir would be nice. I know that both versions sound similar, but combining the two and just going all out with the theme would be really cool.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Those two I feel would be better off as remixes. Black Tar is a bit too lengthy and takes a while to get going, and as great as Sylvalum is, I also feel like it'd be a bit too "slow" for Smash.
Fair enough. I just really like the originals of those, so if they could make them sound good, I'd be for it.

Except for Sylvalum Night. There's no they could make that song better.

Staarih

Smash Master
With the Xenoblade Warriors discussion a while ago, I'll pop in with this:

The producer of Hyrule Warriors and the likes think Xeno games have potential for a Warriors game, direct quote:
Again, as a personal opinion, I think that there would be potential for the “Ys” and “Xeno” series to be adapted, because, just as you mentioned, they feature characters having a strong impact, and would therefore, meld well with the Warriors series.

I'd be up for it, Xenoblade alone has a diverse and memorable cast, let alone Xenogears and Xenosaga.

EDIT: oh, that was the same interview discussed earlier lol. Should probably get glasses.

Last edited:

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
Just sharing news to keep discussion alive-- but turned out that the music leak of a XC2 song was fake, and the latest Corocoro magazine said there's a total of 103 stages again.

Not sure if 108 was a misprint last time or if they gave that information sooner than intended.

Regardless, a lack of a XCX stage doesn't affect Elma's chances.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Speaking of music, Wednesday approaches! Another chance for XCX music comes with it. Here's hoping we finally see some X content after Xenoblade made it's blog debut last week.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Just sharing news to keep discussion alive-- but turned out that the music leak of a XC2 song was fake, and the latest Corocoro magazine said there's a total of 103 stages again.

Not sure if 108 was a misprint last time or if they gave that information sooner than intended.

Regardless, a lack of a XCX stage doesn't affect Elma's chances.
TBH I don't get why people are even reporting on Corocoro going back to 103 since it was obvious to happen either way.
It was a typo? Then of course they would correct that.
It was an information revealed earlier than intended? Then they wouldn't print it another time in order to avoid backlash from Nintendo.

Still the fact that they never addressed that 108 stage with an "Errata Corrige", not even in the new number is the most suspicious thing on this whole matter.

But in any case Elma is one of the few characters that wouldn't be affected either way from having more stages or not, just like you said.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Speaking of music, Wednesday approaches! Another chance for XCX music comes with it. Here's hoping we finally see some X content after Xenoblade made it's blog debut last week.
Personally, I'd hope that we didn't get any Xenoblade music yet. Music theory or not, I feel like getting any Xenoblade music now would bode well for Elma's chances.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I'm back!

I'm happy to report that we officially have over 200 supporters. Well, 204 to be exact. If I missed someone, please let @ me here or leave a PM. If you happen to know someone who's an Elma fan, please give them a nudge. :D

New goal: 300 supporters!

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I'm back!

I'm happy to report that we officially have over 200 supporters. Well, 204 to be exact. If I missed someone, please let @ me here or leave a PM. If you happen to know someone who's an Elma fan, please give them a nudge. :D

New goal: 300 supporters!
Hi commander! I just noticed the new tread name, great choice!

Personally, I'd hope that we didn't get any Xenoblade music yet. Music theory or not, I feel like getting any Xenoblade music now would bode well for Elma's chances.
Yeah, same here. One of the biggest thing going for Elma is the lack of XCX content in the game for now, seeing something from it would be a strong hit towards her chances, just like how Ranthalos basically confirmed no Monster Hunter fighter.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
The lack of xenoblade content is really suspicious, Shulk just got shown last week on the blog but that’s about the most we’ve gotten, so fingers crossed going forward.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The lack of xenoblade content is really suspicious, Shulk just got shown last week on the blog but that’s about the most we’ve gotten, so fingers crossed going forward.
It's not just the lack of Xeno content, but mainly the lack of XCX content specifically. We will at least get some music considering when the game came out. I fully believe that an XCX song (probably Uncontrollable since Monolith used it in Elma's XC2 trailer) will be used in an Elma reveal trailer

Top Bottom