• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
I support Elma. I see Xenoblade as a crucial franchise for Nintendo. They tried something new, and it was super well received. More Xeno content is Smash is a great thing, especially considering the baller soundtrack!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Another week, still no Xenoblade remixes OR a Hiroyuki Sawano remix of another series.

Shulk may have just been the outlier for Xenoblade content, any new content will likely be from X and revealed post-Elma

At least I sure hope so

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Another week, still no Xenoblade remixes OR a Hiroyuki Sawano remix of another series.

Shulk may have just been the outlier for Xenoblade content, any new content will likely be from X and revealed post-Elma

At least I sure hope so
At this point I think they're just stalling until the next/last infodump. Don't lose hope yet.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Gotta put on that Mechon-metal foil hat and continue to say that we haven't had a Xenoblade track yet because they're waiting for Elma's reveal.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Yeah, at this point that is what I'm hoping for. Xenoblade series music being reserved for character reveals.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
If Elma gets revealed during a Direct, I feel like her trailer would be shown right at the start. The weapon swap mechanic that she'd undoubtedly have is something that'd require further explanation right after seeing it in action.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
At this rate, I'm honestly wondering if we're not getting any new series for music tracks until the next Direct/reveal happens. If so. . . that's honestly kinda boring.
But hey, at least this conforms to my belief that music theory is still a thing.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
At this rate, I'm honestly wondering if we're not getting any new series for music tracks until the next Direct/reveal happens. If so. . . that's honestly kinda boring.
But hey, at least this conforms to my belief that music theory is still a thing.
Sakura did say that Mega Man, Fire Emblem and Castlevania were all series that composers really wanted to work with, so it kinda makes sense we're getting multiple tracks from those series.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Sakura did say that Mega Man, Fire Emblem and Castlevania were all series that composers really wanted to work with, so it kinda makes sense we're getting multiple tracks from those series.
And Street Fighter, which we're getting next week.

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
Music theory seems to be a real thing, people dismissed it just because if this is true then there is no new pokémon in this smash. It was really weird Vergeben said for a long time that just one source has said Incineroar but suddenly it becomes all of his sources. Why suddenly? Because he has been under pressure with all people harassing him about who is the new pokémon on gamefaqs and the way he told them was like he wanted discard this quick as possible. I think his credibility is really in danger on this one but it bodes well for Elma without showing any new content of xenoblade's franchise since the beginning of the advertising of this game aside Fiora.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Music theory seems to be a real thing, people dismissed it just because if this is true then there is no new pokémon in this smash. It was really weird Vergeben said for a long time that just one source has said Incineroar but suddenly it becomes all of his sources. Why suddenly? Because he has been under pressure with all people harassing him about who is the new pokémon on gamefaqs and the way he told them was like he wanted discard this quick as possible. I think his credibility is really in danger on this one but it bodes well for Elma without showing any new content of xenoblade's franchise since the beginnning of the advertising of this game aside Fiora.
Another reason people tend to dismiss it because it essentially puts Skull Kid, Bandana Dee and possibly even Geno out of the running. And since those are some of the most commonly requested characters right now, people just tend to dislike the theory.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It's worth noting that music theory really was originally meant to refer to the lack of Xenoblade content on the blog and how that positively impacted Elma's chances. Like, people blew it way out of proportion, especially the detractors, when it was as simple as people in this thread saying "because we haven't had a Xenoblade song or stage, they're saving it for Elma's reveal like they saved a Metroid song for Ridley and a DK song for K. Rool".

People can squawk about the death of music theory all they want but the most basic thing that started it has never changed. We still only have Shulk as the only Xenoblade content. Elma is still plausible.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
It's worth noting that music theory really was originally meant to refer to the lack of Xenoblade content on the blog and how that positively impacted Elma's chances. Like, people blew it way out of proportion, especially the detractors, when it was as simple as people in this thread saying "because we haven't had a Xenoblade song or stage, they're saving it for Elma's reveal like they saved a Metroid song for Ridley and a DK song for K. Rool".

People can squawk about the death of music theory all they want but the most basic thing that started it has never changed. We still only have Shulk as the only Xenoblade content. Elma is still plausible.
Exactly. And detractors keep forgetting that they DID in fact change the order of the music update in order to not have the AC track before Isabelle was revealed, as proved by the codw on the site. This proves that they are pairing Newcomers and music, so Elma is still a solid possibility.

Last edited:

aarchak

Smash Ace
Blurry and out of focus so we can't see the editing mistakes, as usual. At least with the Ken leak the image was in good quality, so we could see the lack of editing mistakes. I'm choosing not to believe this one. And yes, I know of
AB6C43F1-8A1E-4D75-B6DD-B1174C7DA124.jpeg
I'd like to remind everyone that reveals are slowing down, and why would they do that if they still had 5 new newcomers?

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Elma not making it into base roster (as well as Dixie getting cut) would be disappointing to me, but Isaac and Geno were my other two most wanteds and I love the roster we already have now before this leak, so overall I have to say I am ecstatic over the roster assuming this leak is true (which I am siding with it at this point).

Hopefully Dixie Kong and Elma could get in through DLC. I could see it with Dixie, though Elma would have to contend with Rex and Pyra most likely, so that'd be rough. Hopefully a XCX2 gets announced at some point to maybe give Elma an edge.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Not totally disregarding it, but if the guy was that upset with Nintendo and what to through **** in the fan, why such a blurry image? A phone with good camera is so common and given he "has" the complete artwork on paper, that would be so easy to take a perfect picture.

Also, the edgyness sounds a bit forced.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Ehh, I'm gonna chose to remain sceptical on this leak. Out of everything that'd go into this game, the mural is probably easiest to fake, so it's best to wait and see if Nintendo takes any action.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Not totally disregarding it, but if the guy was that upset with Nintendo and what to through **** in the fan, why such a blurry image? A phone with good camera is so common and given he "has" the complete artwork on paper, that would be so easy to take a perfect picture.

Also, the edgyness sounds a bit forced.
Maybe he's not the one who put it on Snapchat - it's possible that he sent it to someone and someone else sent the image. It's also worth noting that Snapchat on Android is intentionally awful because the company that makes the app has an in with Apple so while Apple on Snapchat accesses your camera directly, the Android app literally takes a screencap of your camera and compresses it even further.

So like...this is a thing that's possible.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I'm still on the fence about this. The artworks is the easiest thing to fake and we have already seen people adding characters to it (like the Agnès leaker is currently creating several characters in the style of the artwork) and the complete lack of Incineroar, which the most reliable leaker around is adamant about him being in is strange to say the least. Plus why would a French company have the final artwork for Smash? It seems like something they would keep enclosed to their chests until the final reveal.
Also having just 2 more echoes, and two TP at that, seems strange TBH.
And Mach Rider over Elma or Takamaru seems strange to say the least, especially when we have seen the Mach Rider Theme in the Smash Direct under the "other" section...and it lacked a new remix.

Putting this aside this is surely far better than what that dumb box theory with just Ken and Incineroar, but the only character that I really want left is Elma so...

Last edited:

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
I'm still on the fence about this. The artworks is the easiest thing to fake and we have already seen people adding characters to it (like the Agnès leaker is currently creating several characters in the style of the artwork) and the complete lack of Incineroar, which the most reliable leaker around is adamant about him being in is strange to say the least. Plus why would a French company have the final artwork for Smash? It seems like something they would keep enclosed to their chests until the final reveal.
Also having just 2 more echoes, and two TP at that, seems strange TBH.
And Mach Rider over Elma or Takamaru seems strange to say the least, especially when we have seen the Mach Rider Theme in the Smash Direct under the "other" section...and it lacked a new remix.

Putting this aside this is surely far better than what that dumb box theory with just Ken and Incineroar, but the only character that I really want left is Elma so...
True, but Sakuarai has apparently been wanting to add Mach rider in since melee and it would fit with the figma gun theory that he bought.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well, apparently the shadows of the characters weren't moved from the current version of the banner, so that's already a strike against this.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
True, but Sakuarai has apparently been wanting to add Mach rider in since melee and it would fit with the figma gun theory that he bought.
He also wanted to include Takamaru since Melee, but would you look at that...

And the rifle thing is something that the Smash fanbase immediately assumed after seeing it without even thinking that such weapon if used in combat would surely increase the rating over the E10+ it has.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Normally I'd say this leak falls face first into "too good to be true" territory. But then again, this whole game is too good to be true. We won't have to wait much longer to find out the truth.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'll be sad about no Elma but man, the more I think about this final roster, the happier I get. We still have potential for her as DLC especially if X gets a port. Leaning Team Real but not unhappy if Elma is the one who proves it fake.

Also, I believe Mach Rider wasn't seriously considered for Melee but rather was talked about as someone who was always brought up to Sakurai when he asked older gamers who they wanted.

Last edited:

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
Blurred artwork, inconsistent shadows, too good to be true vibe, going against Verge's sources, the large number of unique newcomers, and my personal gut feeling is enough for me to be skeptical.

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
And if this leak ends up being true, there's less characters that people will heavily request for the eventual ballot.

So, according to the leak, we'd have Geno, Isaac, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Ken, and Shadow. The only characters that are now heavily requested are really:
Dixie Kong
Ashley
Waluigi
Shantae
Impa
Elma
Skull Kid
Bandana Waddle Dee
Crash Bandicoot
Rayman?

I'm not counting Rex and Pyra and Spring Man/Ribbon Girl because they're probably a lock at this point. If Elma isn't in the base roster, we can still put all of our support behind her, and hopefully gain some more people along the way! And if people really think that Sakurai is going to pick the top candidate, it's not going to be someone that he doesn't want to add in. Goku and Spongebob are NOT viable options. I honestly believe that Elma can get to the top 5 of the next ballot as long as we do some good campaigning.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Even though Elma and Skull Kid aren't in, I would love if this proved to be the real deal.
Geno is AMAZING and would make my 12yo self scream of happiness, Shadow is wonderful, Ken is another great choice as an Echo, and it's nice to finally see Golden Sun, Mach Rider and Rhythm Heaven getting some major love. I don't have much of a connection in Banjo, but I like the series overall and I'm really happy for their fans if this is real

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait a second. Somethings not adding up in that leak

theres Ken, yes, but where’s Incineroar??

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300

To be fair, the Gematsu leak had Chorus Kids and Chrom, but they weren't in Smash 4. Could just be a case of people not actually having the full story. Vergeben even said that he didn't know everything.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace

Could be just one of his sources messing up, since he has many. Steve isn't in as well.
Or maybe both are slated to be DLC

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
To be fair, the Gematsu leak had Chorus Kids and Chrom, but they weren't in Smash 4. Could just be a case of people not actually having the full story. Vergeben even said that he didn't know everything.
While he didn't know everything he is backing on Incineroar to be in a lot, and even sayed that all his sources, including the ones for Simon, Snake, Ridley, Isabelle and Ken are saying Incineroar is in. That seems to be quite an amazing coincidence to have every single source be wrong or with outdated info (which is what Gematsu had).

Could be just one of his sources messing up, since he has many. Steve isn't in as well.
Or maybe both are slated to be DLC
To be fair he never said that steve was playable, but that Minecraft would have some sort of representation in the game. And with
Banjo
over there I would say that is a lock if this leak is real.
And about the DLC thing the only one he showed some sort of concern about one of his characters being a DLC is the Square Enix one, not Incineroar.

And I'm Team fake, these shadows wouldn't have been messed up if this was just a printing company for advertisement.
Screenshot_20181024-184245.png

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Thoughts on this?:

BUCKLE THE **** UP, BUCKOS.

This may not be the final banner (pre-DLC) after all if true?

UPDATE!!:

Okay what does he know?

Last edited:

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
Sounds like speculation.

Count me on Team Fake.

Last edited: