• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elements and Attributes Mafia - Game Over!

I don't see why people are lynching PJB when people like JTB, Hando and Frozen are around. Even Badwolf is probably a better lynch than PJB, though I liked his last post ... kinda.

:059:
Because we actually want this game to go some place instead of making the inactive list murderer's row.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Don't have much time to post right now but I think that the first few pages have given us a lot of good stuff to talk about. Anybody who still thinks that PJB isn't a good lynch now is acting counter-factual imo. I'll chime in later with more to say.

@mod

I'm voting PJB since post #42.

Have you gained any impression of what's happening and what the players are doing yet? If you want to give people a reason to think of you as town then you should - y'know - actually playing like town. Stopping to act like this game is all about you surviving and starting to share reads would be a start. You're not doing that and that *is* a fact. I've got more later but I think you have a lot of work to do so start doing work for once instead of making this game a matter about you being ... yourself.

Gheb, independent of your read on Joker:

HAS HIS PLAY IMPROVED?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Handorin (SC)
2. BadWolf28738 (Foxy)
3. Aggressive Mediation ()
4. Dark Horse ()
5. Gheb_01 ()
6. JTB (Gheb)
7. frozenflame751 ()
8. Potassium (PBJ)
9. Legolas()
10. Red Ruy ()
11. PrivateJoker-Brown (K, AM, DH, RR, Handorin)
12. Foxy the Silver Fox ()
13. Scylla & Charybdis ()

Not voting: BW, FF, Legolas, JTB

With 13 playing it takes 7 lynch!

Deadline is Wednesday, May 29th at 11:59 CST (GMT-6).

Foxy the Silver Fox

Anomandaris_Rake|Ranmaru
I was able to read everything, but I got called to cover someone's shift at work in 5 hours, so I can't spend time posting tonight (although I'll be off early afternoon and be able to post more). For now, I just wanted to address FF's 454 as it's the easiest thing to reply to at the moment and something that stuck out to me while reading through. While his reasoning for lynching PJB makes sense, I don't get the impression that he actually has connections he wants to look at post-PJB lynch and is just posting it for the sake of supporting his PJB vote. Going on to the rest of the post, I dislike him playing armchair critic while dropping Ghebs name. His point wrt lynching inactives is clear, but throwing down Ghebs name taints it for me and looks more like he was playing to Ghebs goodside.
He is correct, it is easy to comment on FF, and not really get much bark back at him since FF is pretty inactive himself. The underlined shows he is trying to make an issue out of thin air, while stating it does make sense. The last sentence I just find him being superficial, which may or may not be related to him being rusty with Mafia.

I just find this post as active lurking, since he says he has read everything, this means he is trying to seem like he is doing something, by giving an opinion on someone who hasn't really been given attention. I don't find this telling, only null.

Foxy the Silver Fox

Anomandaris_Rake|Ranmaru
I should clarify why I find it null. I find it null because usually he is quite inactive, and I agree with Gheb's earlier point that he may also just be trying to get more into the game and I won't strike him down for that. Yet I still find his other actions suspicious regardless.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kantrip, there was a time when I thought you were about to become good at this game. Now all I see you do is being deliberately stupid just to look too stupid to be scummy. Your attempts to make yourself looks special, important or interesting [or whatever you're trying to achieve] are pathetic and fruitless. I will not hesitate to lynch you on principle - just because your exceedingly scummy play fits your meta doesn't mean you can expect people to let you get away with it. Just because you intentionally do thinkgs that will inevitably be considered scummy by some doesn't mean you are not scummy. Pretending to have a purpose won't really help you. So either get lynched or just come out with your actual reads for once and explain them. This game isn't about you, it's about town finding the scumbags and get them.
Here is a quote from Gheb on me from the recent Bowser Jr Mini Mafia.

I was active in that game, and I was fitting my town meta, but I was playing badly so Gheb lynched me on principle.

The question, then, is why is he treating Joker so differently. There were inactives in that game Gheb could have gone for, but he went for me instead and didn't regret it when I inevitably flipped town.

Joker is active in this game, and Gheb perceives it as fitting his town meta (I think I'm just extrapolating this, it's adum who's really been advocating it). The point is, Joker is this game what I was in Bowser Jr Mini Mafia. Gheb lynched me without remorse there, and here he is very heavily steering away from Joker.

But wait, he was even on the wagon at the beginning! This was an early bus attempt to distance, but it's clear that Gheb didn't actually want to lynch Joker. Look at when he changed his mind. There was no reason to get off Joker, he just suddenly had a change of heart when he realized this early D1 wagon was actually going somewhere, after all. Now he is trying his hardest to get any other inactive lynch. Let me remind you again that in the mini he was not concerned with inactives. Bad play took precedence, as I'm sure legit scumminess would (but we all know Gheb doesn't actually have any scumreads).

The point is, Gheb is scum with Joker. He started on the wagon and then left it suddenly at an arbitrary time. He has been actively steering away from it for any other lynch he can get, but he hasn't actually proposed any scum picks, instead choosing to go for inactives.

Scylla & Charybdis

Smash Journeyman
Ok it seems PJB is L-1 so I'll wait a bit and I'll hammer when everyone is kool with it. Or tonight anyways cuz deadline is tommorrow.
You know what, if you're doing this, swiss promised he'd post come hell or high water tomorrow and probably during his lunchbreak. At the very least wait on that and see if it sways you.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Unvote Vote Handorin

Hando's a better lynch than PJB. JTB's a better lynch than both but the only player willing to lynch JTB with me prefers the PJB lynch ... that I disagree with.

Scylla & Charybdis

Smash Journeyman
Here is a quote from Gheb on me from the recent Bowser Jr Mini Mafia.

I was active in that game, and I was fitting my town meta, but I was playing badly so Gheb lynched me on principle.

The question, then, is why is he treating Joker so differently. There were inactives in that game Gheb could have gone for, but he went for me instead and didn't regret it when I inevitably flipped town.

Joker is active in this game, and Gheb perceives it as fitting his town meta (I think I'm just extrapolating this, it's adum who's really been advocating it). The point is, Joker is this game what I was in Bowser Jr Mini Mafia. Gheb lynched me without remorse there, and here he is very heavily steering away from Joker.

But wait, he was even on the wagon at the beginning! This was an early bus attempt to distance, but it's clear that Gheb didn't actually want to lynch Joker. Look at when he changed his mind. There was no reason to get off Joker, he just suddenly had a change of heart when he realized this early D1 wagon was actually going somewhere, after all. Now he is trying his hardest to get any other inactive lynch. Let me remind you again that in the mini he was not concerned with inactives. Bad play took precedence, as I'm sure legit scumminess would (but we all know Gheb doesn't actually have any scumreads).

The point is, Gheb is scum with Joker. He started on the wagon and then left it suddenly at an arbitrary time. He has been actively steering away from it for any other lynch he can get, but he hasn't actually proposed any scum picks, instead choosing to go for inactives.
I don't think I could ever see gheb putting himself under this much fire to protect a scummate unless he thought the wagon was stupid regardless of alignment. If gheb's scum, then PJB is probably town.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

re: your 687, I don't see how you're reading bad intentions on JTB's part into that post. I think his suspicion on frozen is justified and don't see where he's making a case out of the thin air. I don't really comprehend how you are interpreting that post but it it looks like some weird reverse-psychology approach to something entirely logical to me.
re: your disbelieve on me reading you as town. Where is that coming from? You say you have not been town-telling yet. The only way you could tell whether I my reasoning on town-reading you is legit is if I actually share the reason why I read you as town in the first place. Since I did not do so yet [and have no plans to do so unless it becomes vital] the only reason why you'd say that I've been reading you wrong is that you've tried to gain information from a point I didn't even make yet. I'd call that overinterpreting things.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
the only reason why you'd say that I've been reading you wrong [...]

Just as I hit the reply-button I realize how poorly worded this part of my post is. I know you're not accusing me of reading you wrong. You're saying that I have no reason to read you the way I do - I say you have no way of actually knowing that.

Foxy the Silver Fox

Anomandaris_Rake|Ranmaru
Generally, I do find it as a possible attempt to active lurk. This point I won't take back. Yet, I will concede to the FF reasoning. You see, I have to read FF's post thoroughly enough to understand what JTB was getting at. I'll leave it to not fully understanding JTB's angle. (Because I usually skip FF's posts, as I don't feel like reading them)

On the town telling point, Rake actually was the one who posted about that. I think it would help us if you could explain why you find us to be town.

#150 (swords post)

I am getting the feel Swords is more pulling information on targets for him to paint as scum, rather than accuse people of things he finds suspicious. For example, his question to me, I answer. Yet he never replies. I don't see the reason for him to ask me this but to fuel his attack against Kantrip. This post alone isn't enough to garner suspicion though. Need more.
Ehhh, the only reason I asked you the question I did was for clarification. Tbh I can't remember if I even had a direction I wanted to take those questions.

#180 (swords post)

I don't see how his points show Gheb being scum. This post also shows he is fine with the PJB wagon, yet is still trying to prove it wrong. Need more.
For the record, Xonar made that post.

The basic point was that Gheb was going too hard too fast on PJB. It didn't seem like he was actually trying to read his slot. Do you think what PJB did early on warrented the attack he got from Gheb?

As you'll see, we go into more detail about this later on in the thread.

Also, we were okay with the wagon because we thought pressure on PJB was good.

I don't see why Swords is giving him the benefit of the doubt. It's also possible PJB is being as open as he can to avoid being lynched.
I suppose PJB could have been honest for the town points, but . . .

Well this might seem mean of me, but I honestly don't think PJB is clever enough to WIFOM like that.

Also like I mentioned before, given the situation PJB was in it didn't seem like he was going out of his way to "drop town tells" if you will, so even if you won't take town intent from it you certainly can't take scum intent from it either.

How about JTB? Have you ever actually mentioned him? :confused:
Eh. I could go JTB toDay but he's just so damn null. Yes he doesn't follow up his words with action but I'm pretty sure I've seen JTB play similarly as town twice now. We get nothing out of his flip and I think I'll like FF more.

@Gheb, Foxy, S&C, AM: How would you all feel about going FF toDay? What do you think about his most recent post? Would you agree with me that he's trying to seem helpful more than actually be helpful?

@Gheb, Foxy, S&C, AM: How would you all feel about going FF toDay? What do you think about his most recent post? Would you agree with me that he's trying to seem helpful more than actually be helpful?
As a stand-alone lynch, it's far better than JTB. His only contribution to this game has been one of non-contribution. However, FF has a tendency to remain lofty and unattached when he has no idea what the **** is going on, regardless of alignment. The advantage to JTB over FF is that I think we can actually get FF to play the game when not faced with impending deadline. Good outlet for tomorrow.

Foxy the Silver Fox

Anomandaris_Rake|Ranmaru
I don't see any scumminess from him. Yet I would like for you to show what exactly you have seen here that reflects in JTB's town games. (Also show me that he hasn't done these things in his scum games) Not that I'm banking on meta. I'm just looking at his in game actions and will mostly just decide on that, especially since it's been a while since he has played. I don't even remember what he has done as whatever alignment.

Only if very necessary for JTB.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
On a short break, I want to say I've never been a fan of d1 as I prefer waiting on flips to start really delving Into the game. Its not an excuse for my activity this game (or others I've not participated much in) but just my point of view. My activity will pick up come d2 (example: skies of Arcadia mafia), but if people are still skeptical, then I don't blame you for thinking so.

Got a few more hours of this brutal 13 hour shift, so I'll definitely have content tonight.

I don't see any scumminess from him. Yet I would like for you to show what exactly you have seen here that reflects in JTB's town games. (Also show me that he hasn't done these things in his scum games) Not that I'm banking on meta. I'm just looking at his in game actions and will mostly just decide on that, especially since it's been a while since he has played. I don't even remember what he has done as whatever alignment.

Only if very necessary for JTB.
I'm not calling JTB town, I'm calling him null.

Tbh there isn't a town game I can think of where JTB played EXACTLY like he's playing here. In B&H, he made posts (as town) where he literally just asked a couple of filler questions with no scumhunting inbetween. In Persona mafia, despite being town he just wasn't there IIRC. Now I know that that's not exactly what you're accusing JTB for, so your points do hold some water. Still, everyone knows JTB to be a man of timid action, so it's really hard to call him surefire scum for it.

I have never seen JTB as scum before.

Foxy the Silver Fox

Anomandaris_Rake|Ranmaru
Ok, I have decided. We get a 24 hour twilight phase. So, it's time. JTB will have time to post his thoughts. Swiss will try to convince me to go towards Hando, who I already have problems with but have no immediate need to unravel now. Badwolf is voting PJB, so this will be hammer.

Unvote Vote: PJB

Scylla & Charybdis

Smash Journeyman
FF's inactivity is legit (he's a friend of mine and we talk) and didn't get any real tells from him, so he's null and I'd much rather go hando cause he reads grimy. At the same time, he's friggin buried right now so I don't see him getting more active in the forseeable future, so I got a proposal for you.

I'll wait til swiss posts tomorrow (which is gonna be early relative to the deadline cause his timezone is about 7 hours ahead of CST), if I can get some traction on hando or whatever wagon swiss wants if he doesn't agree with hando then will you join me on it? In exchange, if I can't, I'll join you on FF. Would would lynch a null any day over town.

Scylla & Charybdis

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I have decided. We get a 24 hour twilight phase. So, it's time. JTB will have time to post his thoughts. Swiss will try to convince me to go towards Hando, who I already have problems with but have no immediate need to unravel now. Badwolf is voting PJB, so this will be hammer.

Unvote Vote: PJB
GS mafia all over again, how appropriate you're hammering.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Handorin (SC, Gheb)
2. BadWolf28738 ()
4. Dark Horse ()
5. Gheb_01 ()
6. JTB ()
7. frozenflame751 ()
8. Potassium (PBJ)
9. Legolas()
10. Red Ruy ()
11. PrivateJoker-Brown (K, AM, DH, RR, BW, Handorin, Foxy)
12. Foxy the Silver Fox ()
13. Scylla & Charybdis ()

Not voting: FF, Legolas, JTB

A lynch has been reached!

Private-JokerBrown, Mafia Void has been lynched!

Night 1 Starts! Please remember no action is a valid command and will speed up the night phase.

Deadline is Thursday May 30th at 11:59 CST (GMT-6).

No more posting!

Foxy the Silver Fox

Anomandaris_Rake|Ranmaru
THAT was an accident man D: < I mean... a misunderstanding! I DO remember that though and I did learn from it.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Also, it would be much appreciated if you just use the original conversation I sent you to send in your night actions to avoid clutter.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

IT.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Due to a mod error, Xonar can no longer participate in the game.

Scylla & Charybdis, Town Fire has been killed!

Someone was Magnetized.

Day 2 starts!

1. Handorin ()
2. BadWolf28738 ()
4. Dark Horse ()
5. Gheb_01 ()
6. JTB ()
7. frozenflame751 ()
8. Potassium ()
9. Sworddancer. ()
10. Red Ruy ()
12. Foxy the Silver Fox (Anomandaris_Rake/Ranmaru) ()

Not voting: Handorin, BW, AM, DH, Gheb, JTB, FF, K, Sword, RR, Foxy

With 11 playing it takes 6 lynch!

Deadline is Monday, June 10th at 11:59 CST (GMT-6).

Top Bottom