• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elements and Attributes Mafia - Game Over!

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Nabe, weren't you suspicious of DH yesterDay? Also, did Gova revealing in thread that BW was town, along with BW targetting AM Night 1, not convince you that BW was town?
I'm being brought up as a lynch because there are no obvious scummers, Hando is a scummy townie, and I have been inactive and generally unhelpful.

I'm town.

The messages were likely Kantrip as has been said, given that they seem to have stopped with his death. The potential link to Orbo has dried up by the same token.

The ideas that have been tossed around are good, but it really doesn't matter what happened if there's nothing to be done about it.

The last mafia is one of Foxy/Gheb (meaning second indy), or the NK has been stopped by an ability, or the NK has been passed up in favour of using an ability, or the NK was a No Kill on purpose.

Everyone else? There are no hard leads. Sword was a compelling idea, but I'm not sure the theorycrafting I did last Day holds up after a second Night phase without a kill. I don't like AM but I have a bad time trusting Laundry in 100% of his games. I don't even really want a DH lynch, but he's not posting, and between him and Orbo he's a better fit for scum. But no one is posting.

#HBC | Nabe

Doesn't BW's ability "turn a player off" and prevent any and all actions from getting to them? Why is targeting AM with this an extremely townie move somehow usable as justification for an unshakable town read? Why did AM get the Badwolf ability that one Night when BW said he didn't target AM? How have abilities been getting through this toggle, or something, in order to trigger AM's sponge ability?

#HBC | Nabe

Can oyu explain why you didn't like am up to that point? Do you think he was hardbussing FF/PJB?
I haven't read those Days. I don't know the state of any of the voting then. I don't like AM because of people sheeping them for nothing, treating them like cleared town for nothing, and probably (as I keep saying) because I can't ever read Laundry as town, i.e it's as untrustworthy as my other reads. This is why I've been asking people to take charge of the game and do something productive instead of blindly lynching down a list -- scum is just as likely to be within the "trustworthy" players if not moreso. The players right now with the strangest actions and reactions are Swords and BW.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
1Doesn't BW's ability "turn a player off" and prevent any and all actions from getting to them? 2Why is targeting AM with this an extremely townie move somehow usable as justification for an unshakable town read? 3Why did AM get the Badwolf ability that one Night when BW said he didn't target AM? 4How have abilities been getting through this toggle, or something, in order to trigger AM's sponge ability?
1-they prevent him from being affected by them.
2-It's not his night actions imo. It's iirc the way he's gone about explaining them that gave me a townwolf vibe.
3-As we've now learnt, BW did indeed use his ability on him N3.(BW should be more clear in the damn future but beside the point)
4-Ask AM, but as I understand it, he gets abilities that target him. I don't know that they need to actually affect him.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I haven't read those Days. I don't know the state of any of the voting then. I don't like AM because of people sheeping them for nothing, treating them like cleared town for nothing, and probably (as I keep saying) because I can't ever read Laundry as town, i.e it's as untrustworthy as my other reads. This is why I've been asking people to take charge of the game and do something productive instead of blindly lynching down a list -- scum is just as likely to be within the "trustworthy" players if not moreso. The players right now with the strangest actions and reactions are Swords and BW.
K. if I have time I'll go ISO the living players today.
What about Swords do you find strange?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Because you targeted a player who was semi clear in two different ways. One because it was announced in thread by the mod that BW was town, and another was that BW targeted AM with a protect Night 1, and at this point we know that BW and AM can't be of the same scum alignment. Furthermore, we had a plan going into the Night. Sure, we didn't really solidify it, but it was generally agreed upon that you were going to magnetize DH or maybe Orbo. I can see why you might not have liked the way BW was vague about how he revealed information, and how he kept getting his facts messed up, but does that really justify going against the plan + magnetizing someone who has already been cleared in two different ways?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Because you targeted a player who was semi clear in two different ways. One because it was announced in thread by the mod that BW was town, and another was that BW targeted AM with a protect Night 1, and at this point we know that BW and AM can't be of the same scum alignment. Furthermore, we had a plan going into the Night. Sure, we didn't really solidify it, but it was generally agreed upon that you were going to magnetize DH or maybe Orbo. I can see why you might not have liked the way BW was vague about how he revealed information, and how he kept getting his facts messed up, but does that really justify going against the plan + magnetizing someone who has already been cleared in two different ways?
Hasn't he already magnetized DH the night DH targetted you?

#HBC | Dancer

Doesn't BW's ability "turn a player off" and prevent any and all actions from getting to them? Why is targeting AM with this an extremely townie move somehow usable as justification for an unshakable town read? Why did AM get the Badwolf ability that one Night when BW said he didn't target AM? How have abilities been getting through this toggle, or something, in order to trigger AM's sponge ability?
No, BW's ability simply prevents Night Kills. When BW claimed he claimed that his ability prevented all actions from effecting a person, but he amended it soon afterwards.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Wouldn't the point be to clear DH?
Which has..ya know, already happened? Seems redundant imo. You're almost as town as AM

#HBC | Dancer

Wait so he stops night kills only and you delay NK's? Isn't that...
well, rather a lot?
I guess. But Orbo I already went over this. There's a LOT about this set up that doesn't seem to fit.

Are you suspicious of BW?

Also if BW's ability really was to turn off all abilities from affecting someone, then the same result would have been observed (i.e., Night kills wouldn't effect someone) so if you thought that's what BW's ability did then this shouldn't be a new thought for you.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I remember Nabe saying he had magnetized DH. I suppose I can find it.
Are you suspicious of BW?

Also if BW's ability really was to turn off all abilities from affecting someone, then the same result would have been observed (i.e., Night kills wouldn't effect someone) so if you thought that's what BW's ability did then this shouldn't be a new thought for you.
Only in the fact that he's sliding by and I'm rethinking a lot of things due to the NK situation. The only people I solidly have as town are You and RR, with AM up there but sliding down after disappearing yesterday.
I thought it was more like taking the person out of play for the night as opposed to straight protecting. makes his role a lot more similar to yours and I think in that case it is redundant.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I'm magnetism. Ability makes the player I target only be able to target someone of their own alignment. There's some indication that the ability might work the other way around instead of what's written, but I don't think Gova's that tricky.

N1 Gheb but was informed of paralysis, N2 DH. So Swords and DH should be the same alignment.
here swords

#HBC | Dancer

But there is a lot to suggest that AM is town, including lynching a mafia member and the indie, as well as clearing me and saving me from the lynch. Not only did he save me, but after I was was saved we went on and lynched another mafia member (which truthfully he wasn't a main proponent for, but he was still okay with the lynch pretty much the entire Day).

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Is there anything iyo that either of PJB or FF was a bus Swords? Scum AM still wants doc saves from the indy as much as anyone/it keeps it away form his NK. No killing might simply be to not get screwed by RR's track.

#HBC | Dancer

here swords
Read further into Day 3. We're not even sure if DH's ability actually effected me, because my ability did not make it to AM. AM claimed that he did not receive the water ability despite the fact that I targeted him that Night, and I should have DEFINITELY succeed in targeting AM if I was truly hasted.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Wouldn't that posit the existence of a RB'er or something of that order then? meaning that someone's claim is a lie.

#HBC | Dancer

Is there anything iyo that either of PJB or FF was a bus Swords? Scum AM still wants doc saves from the indy as much as anyone/it keeps it away form his NK. No killing might simply be to not get screwed by RR's track.
The only thing that would suggest AM was bussing is that I do remember he wanted someone else lynched besides FF Day 2. IIRC he stated that he was okay with FF dying but that he preferred if he was saved for in the future. Also it should be checked out again by someone (maybe me) he he got into indie hunting immediately Day 3 (I think it had something to due with there being a no kill, but I'm not positive on that). His interactions with PJB did not read as a bus to me, and I read skimmed over PJB's interactions with people several times now.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
The only thing that would suggest AM was bussing is that I do remember he wanted someone else lynched besides FF Day 2. IIRC he stated that he was okay with FF dying but that he preferred if he was saved for in the future. Also it should be checked out again by someone (maybe me) he he got into indie hunting immediately Day 3 (I think it had something to due with there being a no kill, but I'm not positive on that). His interactions with PJB did not read as a bus to me, and I read skimmed over PJB's interactions with people several times now.
Hmm. I need to reread d2/3 then. I think I might be putting too much stock into his PJB interactions. did he seem like ryker sure he's found scum or just completely convinced scumpjb immediately kinda deal.
Wait wasn't that the night gheb/foxy disappeared?
That, or it was Kantrip who did it.
Possibly. 50/50 vig/something is what he claimed right? vig/rb would still be pretty solid indy role in an all pr game.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Finish that thought. If it truly is ludicrous then we can ignore it but I want to here WIFOM right now because trust me, it's been swelling around in my head for awhile now.
Magnetism works by attraction between opposite poles. On that assumption, Nabe's ability at first thought would then be more likely to work by attracting things of opposite alignments, not similar ones. But it might work by changing the polarity of the thing he is magnetizing. Unsure on that second bit though and it requires a bit of Gova's thought process.

#HBC | Dancer

Laundry wasn't too sure. He thought me and Xonar had a pretty good case against Gheb, but when Ryker came in he saw PJB's play and then went in gun's blazing.

This is ******** though. AM saved me and cleared me. To think that he's scum at this point, especially mafia, you'll have to think that he thought it was a better idea to get town points by both killing off PJB, and then turning around and clearing both me and BadWolf. There's just almost no way man.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Laundry wasn't too sure. He thought me and Xonar had a pretty good case against Gheb, but when Ryker came in he saw PJB's play and then went in gun's blazing.

This is ******** though. AM saved me and cleared me. To think that he's scum at this point, especially mafia, you'll have to think that he thought it was a better idea to get town points by both killing off PJB, and then turning around and clearing both me and BadWolf. There's just almost no way man.
Am's right about my last scumpick anyways. if no one is here I might as well just air my paranoia, get it out, and hunker down on Nabe/DH.

#HBC | Dancer

Another thing. Why is RR held to be as clear as me and AM? Sure he's semi-proven his Night action by tracking DH to AM, but that's nothing that suggests he's undoubtedly town.

Imo from most uncertain of town status to most certain, the list looks like this: Nabe/DH/Orb/RR/me/AM.

Top Bottom