• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eldiran's PSAs 'n' Stuff: Newest - Zero 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
FitPurin.pac.

Bearbear, do you have the File Replacement/Patch code? Did you name it FitPurin.pac? Is it in the proper directory?

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
Each taunt corresponds to a color. Press up taunt for aura, down taunt for darkness. Side taunt while facing right for fire, and side taunt while facing left for ice.
nice thanx for the info, i couldn't find it on my own.. even though it was directly under the picture...
sorry for dumb question. thanx for wisp and for not making fun of my s t u p i d i t y !

i am happier while using wisp now!

: playhard,modsoft:

bearbear234

Smash Rookie
FitPurin.pac.

Bearbear, do you have the File Replacement/Patch code? Did you name it FitPurin.pac? Is it in the proper directory?

Im new to this stuff so wats a patch code and were can i get it?
and wen i download it its already FitPurin.pac or FitPurinwisp11pac

(yes i have homebrew if it needed)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Im new to this stuff so wats a patch code and were can i get it?
and wen i download it its already FitPurin.pac or FitPurinwisp11pac

(yes i have homebrew if it needed)
Okay. All you need to do is install Balanced Brawl or Brawl+ (the threads for them are on this board) and you'll have a File Replacement code. (I recommend Balanced Brawl for minimal changes to gameplay.)

Then, place FitPurin.pac in the directory
\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\purin
on your SD card.

If any of those folders aren't already there, just create them.

Make sense?

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
True, but that's rather specific; from my tests, the only reason you can take off Mario's head is because it has an alternate form in the first place (hatless Mario). Similarly, Link's shield can be removed from existence, because it has the alternate form of being on Link's back.

I attempted to invisify Jigglypuff using that method, but because he had no form changes, it didn't do anything (except crash).
You can remove Link's shield completely? I was able to get in to stay on his back, but how do you get rid of it?
Specifically, I'm looking to get rid of Toon Link's sword and shield. I assume it's the same variable.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Yep, it ought to be the same deal. The command is 0B000200: 0-ID, 0-State.

The first parameter determines what part of the model you're changing. Link's shield is 2, and his sword is 1. The second parameter determines which state you want it to be in. Example: Shield state 1 is on his back. Shield state 2 is gone from existence. Sword state 1 is in the sheath. (Unfortunately there is no sword state 2, so the best you can do is sheathe it.)

I assume this all true of Toon Link as well.

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
When Wisp uses her tornado on Luigi's Mansion and the floor she's on gets destroyed, she continues her tornado immobile in midair.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
BTW, you still see the blade on his ledge attack animation
This is true. Some subactions refuse to be modified in any way.

When Wisp uses her tornado on Luigi's Mansion and the floor she's on gets destroyed, she continues her tornado immobile in midair.
Thanks! Found the problem and remedied it.

Bumped. Too epic too fall behind
Thank you. You don't have to though. But it does remind me to finally get the last version up. I think I've changed everything that needed changing, so that ought to get posted shortly.

On an unrelated note, who would like to host some files for me? :D (Bloody school proxy doesn't let me upload...)

CyberKun

Smash Rookie
I know I am a new member but I can host any files you need.
I have a 30 year membership with http://www.filesavr.com/ . (The reason I have a 30 year membership is that I registered while the site just started.)
Anything I host will stay up until you want them removed.

Also, I am going to write a small review on Wisp as it is my favorite custom character and the reason I bothered to sign up to these forums.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I know I am a new member but I can host any files you need.
I have a 30 year membership with http://www.filesavr.com/ . (The reason I have a 30 year membership is that I registered while the site just started.)
Anything I host will stay up until you want them removed.

Also, I am going to write a small review on Wisp as it is my favorite custom character and the reason I bothered to sign up to these forums.
Sweet, thanks! That sounds excellent. A review sounds cool too. I'm glad you enjoy 'im.

If you could PM me your email address, I'll email you the file to be uploaded.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Here we go. Thanks to CyberKun I've got the upload:

Zipped
http://www.filesavr.com/wisp
Not Zipped
http://www.filesavr.com/fitpurinwisp12

Changes are:
- Ice form is now left taunt, fire form is right taunt. Regardless of facing.
- Momentum on Neutral B happens on frame 6 instead of 1 now.
- Fixed glitch of floating with Up+B.
- Maybe something else very minor that I forgot.

A new iteration should only come along if bug fixes are discovered, or if I find out how to eliminate Jiggly screams.

Enjoy!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

Woah, cool, I didn't know that that was possible.

Actually it's probably some simple coding. I'll look at it in PSA later. Giving people a 4th taunt would be cool. Anyway, good job on updating to fix stuff.

mofo_

Smash Ace
phantom wings said there can be a total of 8 taunt, 4 for facing each side. :o
i think capt falcon is the only one who has 4 taunts normally :o his side taunt is different on which you face

CyberKun

Smash Rookie
So you are really considering 1.2 to be final with all of the attacks damage and knock back and the like?
If so, I fear that Wisp is a tad to weak. I will put more details in why I think so once I get back to my room to play the game once again.

Main reason I fear Wisp is too weak is that there needs to be a knockback growth as unless I gimp, I can only get kills at like ~160%

CyberKun

Smash Rookie
Well are you playing Brawl+ or BBrawl?
I admit nair is quite good but I can't get it fast enough to combo people. I will have to try some more testing with nair if you say it is that good though to kill and combo people.

Sudai

Stuff here
vBrawl, actually.

NAir isn't good for killing, it won't set up for any kill moves. I was just pointing out that you can rack damage quickly at any percent.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
Ver 1.2
- Momentum on Neutral B happens on frame 6 instead of 1 now.
- Fixed glitch of floating with Up+B.
- Maybe something else very minor that I forgot.
great news thanx for the touch up

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@dj:

All you absolutely need is the File Patch code. It can be found within the full versions of Brawl+ or Balanced Brawl.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
i did that but it still wont work, im using bbrawl and it works but the rest doesnt
im going to try redownloading the bbrawl with textures (idk if i have that one) and see if it works then

Sovrcat

Smash Cadet
choob

i have a choob question. what do i save it as? and yes im saving it in the purin file

EDIT: never mind, its the post above me :p

Fusion_Blastoise

Smash Cadet
Oh, I haven't yet told you this (which is mean becasue I should have) absoloutly love wisp! Is he a boy because I think I may just marry him/it. You know what? I think I'd even consider going lesbian if it was a she...

Sudai

Stuff here
i did that but it still wont work, im using bbrawl and it works but the rest doesnt
im going to try redownloading the bbrawl with textures (idk if i have that one) and see if it works then
Not sure what the issue is then. I'd probably have to have a look at your SD card. Feel free to pack it up into a .zip and upload it somewhere if you want me to do so.

Oh, I haven't yet told you this (which is mean becasue I should have) absoloutly love wisp! Is he a boy because I think I may just marry him/it. You know what? I think I'd even consider going lesbian if it was a she...
I like to think of her as a she, but that's mostly because I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm a guy. :p

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
hey i finally got it to work and already i love wisp. i would switch mains if she was an actual character. im already feeling d-air as a main kill move and neutral b as a good OOS option.
the only real gripe i have so far is the startup for lvl1 quake. i feel it should be at least near instant since it only does 4 damage. the startup makes the move useless.

i think wisp has a good matchup with meta also. you can grab him directly out of tornado which is awesome. your f-tilt outranges his i believe and you f-air and b-air have more range. also due to airspeed and 9 jumps it is very hard for him to chase you makeing recovery effortless. im going to be messing with wisp against many people at nopes tourney tomorrow

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thanks very much guys for the positive feedback! I hope everyone has been able to get it to work.

@Fusion: Wisp is who/whatever you think it is. :p

@dj: Do my eyes decieve me, or are you saying Wisp is part of a tourney? That would be pretty awesome. Also I would feel very proud if I ever made a balanced character that was good against Metaknight.

Fusion_Blastoise

Smash Cadet
Thanks very much guys for the positive feedback! I hope everyone has been able to get it to work.

@Fusion: Wisp is who/whatever you think it is. :p

@dj: Do my eyes decieve me, or are you saying Wisp is part of a tourney? That would be pretty awesome. Also I would feel very proud if I ever made a balanced character that was good against Metaknight.
Hehe, that's good. It means now I don't have to change my sexual orientation lols.

Also, I did notice wisp did very well againts Meta Knight. Also againts DDD because his grab out ranges DDD's f-tilt. I can't wait till the clone engine kicks in, then finally I'll be able to see how he does againts Jiggly.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Okay. All you need to do is install Balanced Brawl or Brawl+ (the threads for them are on this board) and you'll have a File Replacement code. (I recommend Balanced Brawl for minimal changes to gameplay.)

Then, place FitPurin.pac in the directory
\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\purin
on your SD card.

If any of those folders aren't already there, just create them.

Make sense?
I love making custom stages, and I love wisp. How can I fit the two together?
In other words, how can I put it on a regular copy of brawl? It's not letting me copy it to the SD card...

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I love making custom stages, and I love wisp. How can I fit the two together?
In other words, how can I put it on a regular copy of brawl? It's not letting me copy it to the SD card...
In order to play with both hacks and custom stages, you are going to have to read my PM.

Alternately though, I could maybe try to solve the "not letting you copy it to the SD card" problem. What do you mean by that?

EDIT: Woops, sorry! I totally forgot... my apologies.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. If you want to do that, there are plenty of resources about it on Google. It's technically legal, but not something that our board administrators like because if you have to use the word 'technically' to describe something, you know that line's a bit hazy.

Regardless, Wisp is pretty cool. She feels really unique and new. My only issue is figuring out which way she's facing, but that's really only an issue with grabbing and jabbing.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
i used wisp in friendlies at a tourney not in actually tourney
yea i need to learn this character more
some things i found out:
d-air is sexy. it ***** tornado hard from the top, and is a fast way to get down. its only punishable typically when predicted by metas up-air and SL. Dont bother trying to save it for killing it is just too good at punishing meta.
wisp doesnt get edgeguarded or really gimped by meta at all
f-tilt does not outrange metas
d-tilt i believe does however
f-air and b-air outrange all of metas air attacks
fully charged side by kills about 90-100 fresh if sweet-spotted correctly
He can spam d-tilt and lock you and you cant get out but you can shield then roll away (during the lock) so just do that and dont try anything else since he will keep d-tilting you
you should always try to be in the air if hes trying to space you
you have NO problem shielding tornado. it will not poke ever. idk if wisp can be shield poked.
you shouldnt worry about d-smash. you shouldnt be in a position to be hit by it really
he cant reliable kill you, and you keep him out. he also cant edgeguard you.
on the other hand, you have trouble killing as well (big suprise)
so right now i see the match-up as 55-45 wisp
avoid frigate and smaller stages where you cant run
pick a large stage like fd so you can run around alot its very very hard for him to chase you especially in the air
she aircamps like a champ so that is always a viable option too

I got this info from playing against overswarm yesterday. our MM was 3-1 os but im new with wisp and i did learn some very interesting things.

i feel she loses to lucario (cant kill)
and also i played some friendlies with alpha zealot and i also feel she loses to diddy. her size makes it hard to get naners and even when you do you they just drop and he dash attacks and gets it back. you cant really space f-airs and b-airs as you have to SH them to hit, and if they get shielded you eat naner.
so far i feel its her hardest matchup and is 60-40 diddy

General info

jab 1 -> jab 2 -> trip = free fully charged side b every time
neutral b OOS is great and when they trip in front of you it is free instant dash attack (save for killing) f-tilt, d-tilt or jab
up b ***** characters with bad recoveries. Example: on fd if it is activated against a recovering marth, he is doomed. the wind will prevent him from getting near the ledge or make him go really high, if he already used up b, he is in free fall meaning free whatever you want.
anytime something is spaced correctly (kirby b-air, marth fair) can be shield grabbed
anything poorly spaced is not shield grabbable. however neutral b is awesome for this
fast-fallers at 0 combo (works other times depending on di) neutral b -> trip -> f-tilt -> pivot f-tilt or any partially or fully charged side b
nair isnt that useful except at lower percents since it can combo
down b is totally useless
d-smash is a decent edgeguard against certain characters at best its pretty bad
up-tilt is a decent poke but its not too useful as SDI makes this easily punishable
up-smash is decent/bad. its only real use is to poke through platforms or platform tech chase
running speed being slow is a good balance
dont give her strong or easy to land kill moves or she will be broken
uncharged side b is useless
semi charged side b isnt good either. its always a plus to have it fully charged as anytime they can be with with a fast B O W that kills early. only downside is you can sometimes hit them with the spark from touching after a neutral b trip ruining your follow-up

i think down-b should be buffed to where at least the first hit is near instant, because you can see it a mile away and just jump or shoot something and stop it.
i also think the range of up air should be increased. this move is very hard to hit with plus it doesnt even have great knock back
wisps final smash is lame it never kills and does mediocre damage

yes lain she can be chaingrabbed
when donkey kong cargos her she dissapears
we dont know for sure but we believe she is invunerable to shield push and if so this needs to be fixed

ill pull her out again at the next tourney i go to and try to get more match-up info against some more good players.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Sweet! Thank you Iskascribble for that extremely informative post. It's great to see matchup data by skilled players. And I love to hear that Wisp is good against Metaknight.

By the way, were you using vBrawl, BBrawl, or Brawl+?

Regardless, these details I can all see and pretty much agree with. Though I am surprised to hear that Down-smash is useless, even with the charging shocks dealing 12%.

Not surpised that Diddy's unfavorable, considering Wisp's poor handling of items.

I also suspect she is immune to shield push, but I'm thinking that, along with immunity to wind on the ground, is a side effect of being invisible. Either way I don't know how to fix it.

Questions:
Do you think Wisp is overall too powerful, balanced, or too weak? I know that's hard to answer, but I'd appreciate just what your feel for it currently is.

Also, under what conditions can Wisp be chaingrabbed?

Thank you again for the insightful post. I look forward to what you bring from further matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom