• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El paso TMS - brawl/melee tournament Nov. 14th-16th (MK is banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

error13

Smash Journeyman
Way to nerd up the thread Richard. I'm surprised you're BARELY offering housing. You should be used to having tons of strangers in your house.
exactly why i was hesitant, strangers are scary

but i do have heightened paranoia and OCD

so......

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
EDITED because some are homophobic.

**** this tourney is gonna ****!

Umm shouldn't the title acronym be TOMS? "Our" counts doesn't it?

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I'll see whats up. I would probably have to meet them like on their drive up their somehow. It'd add 3 hours to them to go through our town. I'm interested in coming though.

Ban or no ban. My diddy's ready. XD
I'll see whats up.
Just go south and meet them on I-10. You prolly don't know who i am we have met before. But if you do show you are covered lol. Bring Santi cause one of my friends is a fan lol.
Then me and my partner will defeat broken arrow:urg:

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'll make MMs when I get there. Before I take first that's where I plan on getting most of my money.

Arturo might have you covered on that. He did say he might be able to fit about 30ish. ( better bring a sleeping bag ) Enough of this "world rocking" the only thing thats gonna be world rocking is this tourney! :laugh:

BTW we should at least take a vote here before we the tourney about the whole "Banthe****outofMK" thing.
I vote for banning the **** out of Metaknight.

I dunno. Cause he's a clown? Whatever. Like I said. We'll finalize the banning/not banning of Metaknight tomorrow and then post it up on here sometime tomorrow night.

Oh and about the last NM Melee tournament, I didn't go so I wouldn't know. I just know that every time I went I kicked *** all over the place. It was disgusting.
Lol.

Lol outta like the 25 or so friendlies I played with my Diddy this weekend at Centex the only 2 I lost were against Sethlon's Falco, so I'll see how that goes if they ban him. Assuming I go.
Yeah... if we ban Metaknight and Sethlon is there I don't know who I'll use against his Falco, haha. I'd still rather have Metaknight banned.

Can New Mexico get housing with you Arturo (aka man with Resetti as his avatar)?

error13

Smash Journeyman
ATURO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
chain grabbing is banned past 5 throws

there is going to be like a million falcos at this thing

error13

Smash Journeyman
i just know that is the rule at HOBO unless
u guys want me to just use IC and do the infinite catches....

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Do you want to be banned from Major players?
I am sure there are pokemon threads you can go say that to.
We are on Smashboards:dizzy:
No because John was mocking Pokemon. Don't bark your joke threats at me cause my apprentice wrecked you with a pokemon that isnt even full evolved. XD ( jk jk ) You'd realize its deeper if you didnt just pick the better ones and go balls out. That doesn't work ( unlike brawl :laugh: )

I vote yes to the No Chainthrows/Locks over 5. Most do not last that long and its mostly to prevent Ice Climbers from getting banned :laugh:

Im the only one to ever Jab Lock anyways :(

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
LOL Limiting chain grabs and banning metaknight el paso sounds SO noobish right now. While we are at it we might as well ban snake grenades right? Or falco chain grab? Or maybe not allow olimar to grab picmans. LOL El Paso you guys make me laugh.
We have no problems here, we are just trying to please everyone. We are discussing these topics because people suggest not because we want to. HOBO has great success with their rules so we do refer to some of them

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
HOBO rules are to accommodate Xyro likings. To be honest no one really likes the rules and they have been asked to change them plenty of times. I know I'm not the only Dallas player that finds Hobo rules (well xyro rules) to be a bunch of bull ****. Houston only get good turn out due to 70+ locals.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
We have no problems here, we are just trying to please everyone. We are discussing these topics because people suggest not because we want to. HOBO has great success with their rules so we do refer to some of them

This.

Look the players are cool here. You can discuss your own rules with your opponent before the match. If you both agree one is stupid you dont HAVE to abide by it. :laugh:

O_O

I mean...in secrecy of course.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
My god, I leave for like an hour and things start exploding in here. What is different about HOBO's rules than normal tournaments? Besides MetaKnight being banned?

error13

Smash Journeyman
Anthony im just a messenger, but people would like for u to shut up.

and in hobo, chain grabbing is not allowed past 5 grabs. along with other nitpicks

nothing to drastic though

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
My god, I leave for like an hour and things start exploding in here. What is different about HOBO's rules than normal tournaments? Besides MetaKnight being banned?
HOBO was picky as hell about the whole " NO CHAIN THOWZ/LOCKZ OVERZ 5"

Now people think its standard...

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Well i'm waiting for Arturito Burrito to get out from work. We will ask for Out of state people's opinions so dont worry much about that for the moment

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Honestly, I don't think MK should be banned. El Paso has no MK mains, so it doesn't effect us.

But, I think chain throws should be limited to five. On most stages, the Falco/Dedede grab can't go much more than that. And, the IC grab is just broken. And inescapable infinite is incredibly broken.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
To be honest its pretty ****ing easy to avoid getting grabbed by ice climbers. ICs got horrible grab range and you kinda know what their game plan so just avoid being grab its pretty simple. Any how someone pm me or keep me informed about any update in rules for this tournament, pretty please :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom