• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Thread

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
thats cause i read it while u were in the shower
u effing ******

as if i feel i have things to hide
especially from you... are u kidding me

stfu and leave me alone arguing on the internet...
well lets just say there are a lot of differences in social
status that i wont stoop to that u will
omg forgive me you didn't lie at all I just suck at english forgive me.

I probably fell asleep when they gave the lesson of "No you showed me" actually means I read it while you where out of the room not sleeping lol

I am a ****** :(

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Me (7/27 9:30 PM)Wow did you go through my phone while I was asleep?
Mewlimar(7/27 9:36 PM) No why?
Me (7/27 9:37 PM)How did you know what I told luis then did he tell you?
Mewlimar(7/27 (:37 pm) We talk about it this mourning...And i thought we didn't keep stuff from each other too? You always let me see your phone
Me (7/27 9:40 PM) You quoted my words I never told you thisBecause you always laugh and get egotistical. and I don't let you see my phone that's why i hate it people always get
Me (7/27 9:40 PM) The wrong idea about it

Thats EXACTLY what you said. If you still don't think you lied then fine I'll just shut up nothing else can convince you but the conversation is still in my phone and i can show you if you want.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Basically, this is a new desynch that allows you to do some pretty funky stuff out of a run.

Statements which are important:
You can do any special move during a run with no lag.
You cannot do any special moves during a dash animation.
Nana has an 8 frame delay with popo for execution of inputs.
You can reverse momentum during a b move on the ground in the same way as in the air.
Ice block to grab is awesome.

If you begin a synched dash animation, and popo is near the point of starting his run animation, and you press B, popo will continue on dashing forward. The input is then transferred to nana, 8 frames later. If anywhere during that time she enters her run animation, then she is able to do an ice block while popo continues on running. This leads to them being desynched, as long as the ice block was inputted before popo enters runs animation but within 8 frames of nana entering it. You can also do any specials instead of ice block. This is the first use of the desynch. You can now desynch out of any dash while still moving forward with popo which can result in a free grab.
Experiment with it to find the best comboes, going from ice block to grab to blizz to side b.

2nd important use of this, the counter ice block. Instead of dashing towards the ennemy, dash away. Use the ice block as usual to desynch them, but then reverse it quickly by pressing towards the ennemy. Nana will reverse momentum.... BUT SO WILL POPO! I have yet to find any reason as to why this happens, but it allows you to get in surprise grabs very easily. Its a true ice block to grab combo because popo runs in the ice block.

3rd use is that if you are running towards the ledge, and shield at the right time to cancel a dash, then restart dashing towards the ledge, do the desynch. As usual, popo will run towards the ledge but not fall(you arent holding towards it anymore, he will just get as close as he can). On the other hand, nana will fall due to the ice block momentum, thus leading to nana being alone onto the ledge. This is a very advantageous situation vs alot of characters(save MK/ROB/recovery freaks) where nana can fair onto the ledge and spike while you fsmash, or any type of combo of the same type.

Basically, this is a surprise grab and counter effects, which is awesome. Add in more ledge games options make this even better. Also, +1 for unpredictability and comboing near the ground.

I sense a new triangle forming.

MK>Snake>Ics>MK

All of em being 55:45

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
lmao i said we talked about this morning!

as in luis and i did!

i wasnt saying you and i talked about it...
wtf..
You just said you read it from my phone while you where in the shower...

Ok then nvm you didn't lie to me luis told you oh wait you just lied on the last page :dizzy:

idk richard idk... get your story straight rather than switching it when actual evidence comes your way.

either way you lied once either today or a few weeks ago your pick

Hope you don't mind but luis but I'm going to say what you told me sunday when we studied,

In the car ride luis told me don't tell him though like you did with the conversation we had about him scrubbing it up when you and josh owned us. Then he told me something I'm not supposed to tell you.

Now why would he think that I told you what i thought you read from my phone if your saying that hes the one who told you??

Maybe I'm wrong here and luis meant something else but that will only make it go from 3 lies to 1...

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
does it make sense that i yes did read it while u were in the shower
and yes luis did tell me about it?

or is that too much for u to comprehend

so when u asked if i read it while u were asleep no i didnt u were in the shower
did luis tell me also yes he did
yah that would make sense except.... Hope you don't mind but luis but I'm going to say what you told me sunday when we studied,

In the car ride luis told me don't tell him though like you did with the conversation we had about him scrubbing it up when you and josh owned us. Then he told me something I'm not supposed to tell you.

Now why would he think that I told you what i thought you read from my phone if your saying that hes the one who told you??

Maybe I'm wrong here and luis meant something else but that will only make it go from 3 lies to 1...

Luis might be willing to clear this up but he usually stays out of arguments so right now its just what me and you know. Unless anthony wants to back me up on that part about you banning norfair and then lieing about it at the tournament.

edit: yah I remember and I'm not going to deny it but you asked what went wrong and that was one of them. I had to go and fix your mistake.

What are your excuses for the other 2 things though?

Sorry brett I just hate the truth being hidden and manipulated. Plus I got called stupid so i have to stand up for my self or at least wait till i'm convinced that i am.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
You usually end up ignoring me and saying fine your right in the end just to shut me up. I'll do it if you agree to continue till we can solve this though all I really want is a straight answer.

Just going to say that ya got it a bit on the money Arti (don't mind If I call ya that do ya?)
No you can its fine. My real name is Arturo though or you can just use A_B if you want.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Guys. Seriously. I don't like seeing friends argue over silly crap and getting so infuriated over it. You both are taking stabs at each other in self-defense, which is only causing the other to defend himself and take another stab.

For real, guys, I think you're both wrong. I didn't even read half of this, but I think you're both wrong. Stop arguing. Make up, and admit that you're treating EACH OTHER like crap. And apologize for it.

Come on.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
ill double post for this because its getting messy

Here is what you really wanna hear arturo

ATTENTION EVERYONE ONE SMASHBOARDS I ERROR13 AM A SCUPER SCRUB WHO USES VERY SHAMEFUL TACTICS AND CLEARLY BROKEN CHARACTERS TO ATTEMPT TO BE GOOD AT SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL. ALL MY IDEAS ARE IDIOTIC AND SHOULD BE IGNORED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I AM SO UNFIT TO RUN A TOURNAMENT IT IS AMAZING I EVEN THROUGH ONE. OF COURSE I COULD HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE RUN A TOURNAMENT WITHOUT THE HELP OF EVERYONE AND OF COURSE WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE GREATEST PERSON TO EVER BE IN THE BRAWL COMMUNITY ARTURO. HE IS SO TALENTED AND HIS IDEAS OF RULES AND STRATEGIES ARE THE BEST THERE IS AND NO ONE SHOULD EVER MOCK OR QUESTION THEM. IF ANYONE NEEDS ANY HELP WITH ANYTHING WHAT SO EVER IN THIS GAME HE IS THE GUY TO ASK. HE IS MUCH BETTER THAN I AM AND HIS KNOWLEDGE OF THIS GAME IS INFINITE. SO AS I STATED ABOVE ANY QUESTIONS SHOULD GO TO HIM BECAUSE HE REALLY IS THE LORD OF SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL.

and me well im just a scrub.
you did tell me that but if you don't want other people to know thats fine I'd be ashamed to. You always take back your words so it doesn't really bother me much anymore you can't argue with a liar.

Just to give and example and maybe anthony can back me up on this. The night that we argued the stage list it ended with:

Richard to me: Fine I'll unban pirate ship but I'm banning ps2 and norfair
Me to anthony: he said he was unbanning pirate ship but banning ps2 and norfair
Anthony to me: Ps2 to is fine but now we are going to have to argue for norfair
Me to anthony: Well norfair is counter ban in the sbr
Anthony to me: oh ok that fine then
Me to richard: ok thats fine

Then some how on tournament day it was unbanned durring our match and I said you banned that. Then you said no I didn't and I didn't argue because I didn't want you johning if i won.

Well 3 things that went wrong where

1. you added sinliten and shots to the wrong list and it created duplicates of them which in the end caused troubles with the money.

2. sinliten got 7th instead of 5th you might not care but I think he would have so thats why i went back and fixed it.

3. Omar lost to an olimar cause he was playing on an HD TV sure you think omar sucks and everything but imo every player deserves a fair chance no matter there skill level. This a big reason I always argue for tournament rules not to fit my advantage but to fit everyone characters and being a low tier main for over a year I think helps understand the lower side of the metagame rather than just it should be mk vs snake on FD only lets ban everything but BF FD and SV to make sure its that way.

edit: Yah thats absolutely what i wanted to hear! I am victorious! / sarcasam
i told u to fix senliten
because he told me he wanted to see the bracket online
dont act like i didnt care about that arturo because you
know for a fact i told u exaclty what to fix
ENOUGH!

So help me god you both better shut the **** up. I don't even know why the **** either of you take it this far, let alone clutter the board with this bull****.

Arturo!

How the **** do any of those minor mistakes constitute running a bad tournament?! Do you know how often **** way worse than that happens and goes unnoticed?!

"Oh noes we can use Pirate Ship when it's ban status was PENDING at best?! FAILTOURNEY FAILTOURNEY!"

Didn't you run a fake tournament, with fake results? :mad:

It's pretty ****ing easy to nitpick when all you had to do are things that shouldn't even count as favors, isn't it? Stop talking like you salvaged the tournament in any way.

Omar lost to that Olimar by a JV three/two stock on the normal TV too! He even SAID HIMSELF that he choked! That is in NO WAY Richard's fault so back the **** off in your questioning of his ability to run a tournament. :mad:

If I can escape and avoid a 0-Death from Richard's Ice Climbers then so can you. If I can beat his Olimar by planking without breaking the ledge count rule, then so can you. It's so much easier to cry, then to alter your play style isn't it? :(

Olimar has a great pressure/throw game.
Ice Climbers can kill you in one grab combo.
DeDeDe can chainthrow half the cast.

If your really think that all that **** is preventing you from winning, then why don't YOU use those characters? Oh wait! You can't!

I need not remind you ALL that Richard is on the TEXAS MOTHER ****ING POWER RANKINGS, AND DESERVES TO BE THERE. :mad:

Richard!

How ****ing dare you, dude... :embarrass You're really going to post that all we ever do is rag on you?! :mad:

No one of us has EVER said that you suck. Ever. We might have speculated that you weren't the good at doubles, but you soon proved us all wrong on that account. I don't even understand how the **** you can go on and on and on about how we say you're somehow terrible.

Hmm. What do I usually say when I beat you? Nothing at all, and if I ever do, it's usually "I need more Z-Air" or "Wow! I didn't break the ledge grab limit!"

What do you say when you win? "SICK DEDEDE IS SICK". "MY DIDDY IS TOOOOOO SICK".
No one really gives a flying **** about what was said at Hobo17.

Just because we don't want you to be come to overconfident in your characters, doesn't mean we rag on you. Sure you can blame it on sandbagging, or a mistake in a match, but Arturo beat you in STEP because you underestimated him. You can go right ahead and deny this, but if you do, Why in the hell would you sandbag in the first place?

Notable players have complimented my characters, but that doesn't give me the right to boast about it when I win, and only say **** like "Toon Link's Uair lasts too long..." or "I hate ___" when I lose.

When was the last time you said something like "Your ____ is getting better" or anything positive? These small slips of gloating are in numbers too large to count. Please. Stop it. :mad:

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
ok ok ill dance to distract everyone * dances*

*fires gun*

You better go with us..."shots"...

Ok hang on...

Do you have another gamertag we can call you by, or a real name for that matter? :laugh:

"Shots" sounds awkward, and "Grace" is my psycho on/off girlfriend/friend :dizzy:

shotOgrace

Smash Rookie
Lol yeah, my name is Adrian I said that in the tourney but everyone said they would keep calling me shots lol. And yeah I wouldnt want to be called Grace either.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
My real name is Michael and in the very few tornaments I've been to I'm MORTY

Cool cool. :)

Well HOPEFULLY you'll both get to smash with us, and soon.

Toon Link main and a Pikachu main. :bee:

Grace did you learn all the chainthrows, and QACing, and QA locks yet?!

M

morteg15

The last tourny I was at I was wearing a vendetta mask. I might wear it again so you guys can easly find me.

M

morteg15

Socorro I live right by the Hollywood

I'm going to show up at 9 to register and head to burgerking for some breakfast

shotOgrace

Smash Rookie
Well that simply will not do. You won't get good without practicing your technical skill at home!

I'll lend you my Wii when you come smash with us. You have the game right?

That would be awesome dude thanks! and yeah I have the game lol. I was really good at smash about 4 months ago before my wii broke. Needless to say, I got rustier and rustier and I was surprised that I got that far in the tourney without training.

Top Bottom