• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Thread

Dekar173

Justice Man
El Paso needs to come to Albuquerque for another tournament, and vice versa >.>

Sorry I missed your guys' tourney though, seriously :( We raised $200 for Nolan though (the Pika player Richard's in love with ;P) so that's good :D

Falcon ditto MM Loooooewuey?! ;D I'll also do Falcon against anybody's Ike I guess *cough* Arturo *cough*

<3 El Paso, ***** balls and all

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
so that you could take his money?

I figured out how i can get back into using Ike I'm going to play his FE games this week and then i'll come back wanting to use him :) thats how its happened with any other characters i've picked up.

You did not play Metal Gear Solid and pick up Snake.
You picked him up because you're ashamed to use Metaknight.
You did not play Kirby Superstar Ultra and pick up Metaknight
You know why you used him.
You did not play a session of Wario Ware: Mega Mircro games and feel an urge to main Wario.
So who are you trying to kid?

:chuckle:

Pffftttt, since when do you go to Elite Arena? I never see you there, and be quite, go back to your TMNT: Failure of a Remake :psycho:
XDDD

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
LMAO!! i like all this burns. I feel like when i was trolling the ike boards a while ago haha.

@rockman- i was just playin i dont play that game and i only went to elite arena for the smash tourney. It is a fail ramke only cause they cut some bosses other than that if you play it on hardcore it get a lot better

I feel sick.... Not sick how i always am just bad sick.

No dekar no **** and balls MM. no dittos. When is your guys next tourney?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
You did not play Metal Gear Solid and pick up Snake.
You picked him up because you're ashamed to use Metaknight.
You did not play Kirby Superstar Ultra and pick up Metaknight
You know why you used him.
You did not play a session of Wario Ware: Mega Mircro games and feel an urge to main Wario.
So who are you trying to kid?

:chuckle:

XDDD
lol my friend bryan is in love with metal gear and talked to me about it so i watched a playthrough and thats why i felt like using snake. I used snake before MK too XD

With the other guys i did play there games and feel like using them even that one week that i tried using kirby was cause of that.

I'm leaving in an hour and i'm bored out of my mind... maybe i should go watch dojo vs dehf

CronoT

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5258-0756-3494
lol my friend bryan is in love with metal gear and talked to me about it so i watched a playthrough and thats why i felt like using snake. I used snake before MK too XD

With the other guys i did play there games and feel like using them even that one week that i tried using kirby was cause of that.

I'm leaving in an hour and i'm bored out of my mind... maybe i should go watch dojo vs dehf
I've never liked Snake in Brawl. He's always handled really sloppy to me. Add to that the fact that most people who play as him break him like a rag doll, and he's just about as irritating as a rash in that spot you can't reach and/or scratch.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
god do i miss drunken ****ing smashboards!!! As much as arturo hates them :/
I wish i could scubba dive with mr game & watch upsmash. His dair is the key to my heart. Dont even get me started on turtwig. One day turtwig will meet the M2k and ally time and he isw gonne ****ing beast them all sick!!

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
i'm still alive

and thats pretty lame I wish el paso wasn't so cheap and was willing to pay for the entry fee and then the venue fee. and doubles too =( Then again the venue fee there is 12$ =\

Still though 30% for first? that is just gay unless your being stupid and it was 60% split in 2.... if not what did 2nd place get and I imagine 3rd got nothing...

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
@rockman- i was just playin i dont play that game and i only went to elite arena for the smash tourney. It is a fail ramke only cause they cut some bosses other than that if you play it on hardcore it get a lot better
Heh, no worries, I have only been to Elite Arena once myself. And dunno if you know, but TMNT:RS is based off the arcade, not SNES version, so yeah, different bosses.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman

Oh please.

You played Pokemon games, yet you don't use any pokemon characters. You've played Legend of Zelda games....

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
30% was 120$ for first but it was 2v2 so i only got 60$.... which was once again barely enough for alcohol. Arturo i miss you, i wanted to watch oh snap with you! GNESS and DPHAT got 2nd i believe. too good.

rockman: it is the snes version definitely' they just moved some stuff and dont have the pre historic turtle. the black bandana one. It is exactly the same playing wise

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Oh please.

You played Pokemon games, yet you don't use any pokemon characters. You've played Legend of Zelda games....
I've tried remember when everyone was trying to play lucario XD? And I used link and gannon when i was playing wind waker remember? :laugh:

and I wish 30% of the pot had been 120$ for step =\ crono you should have doubles at your tournament we need to play some of those.

and I wanted to watch the oh snap videos too now i'm just going to here stories since no one ever uploads stuff.

M

morteg15

Had a great time at the tourney guys :D.

Also heres the other tourney happening on the 22nd of August

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6778

They need more people so if you are interested just click on " Im attending this tournament "
If you dont have an account on All Is Brawl just make one, it takes less than a minute.

Thanks
Cool thanks I didn't even know about this one and I live just a few blocks away.
I got to start looking around more.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be hosting STEP 2 with Arturo.

Same venue, IF they let us have cash prizes. None of this "You have to be a member" to win cash. That is total bull****.

Rules will be legit.

I'll find a venue, time and date, and advertise my arse off ahead of time. I think I'll have free food at this one too. Who doesn't want brisket and brawl? It'll be sick.

ARTURO! I need you to do the brackets for this! I also need you to do a TiO review so that we're absolutely positive that nothing will go wrong with the bracket.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten

Same venue, IF they let us have cash prizes. None of this "You have to be a member" to win cash. That is total bull****.

Rules will be legit.

I'll find a venue, time and date, and advertise my arse off ahead of time. I think I'll have free food at this one too. Who doesn't want brisket and brawl? It'll be sick.

ARTURO! I need you to do the brackets for this! I also need you to do a TiO review so that we're absolutely positive that nothing will go wrong with the bracket.

I'm already down for this due to that in bold.

shotOgrace

Smash Rookie

Rules will be legit.

Brisket and Brawl? Im down!

error13

Smash Journeyman
"STEP 2" will be at the same place
and ran by the same people (Me, and whomever wants to help)
the date will be the 19th of september

Antione if u and arturo wanna throw
another tourney thats awesome but
STEP will pretty much always be at Elite Arena.

Same Rules but PKMN Melee will now replace Lylat for neutral

error13

Smash Journeyman
i just set up the tourney date for the 19th
and asked him about the cash prize he says
its fine by him still...

M

morteg15

Cant you make the prize a Prepaid Visa Card.
we did that at our last school tournament because using cash would count as gambling.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
anthony got it from the guy himself. He told me himself too. He was going to give kids games instead or something. He said he was giving us 40% in the beggining then changed his mind to 30%. pretty lame.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
yah idk richard you where pretty lame through out step. You didn't let me look through my computer and you wanted all the credit for your self even though I got there before you and did just as much. Idk if you where playing around or not but i didn't like how you kept saying i was going to mess with the brackets. only thing i could of done was make it so i play luis anthony and you instead of just you and luis...

When I changed them in tms it was cause me and eric where playing on the 2nd round him and luis didn't play till the 3rd. Guess I should have just put my self against luis I wasn't trying to make things easier on me alone.

I wonder if benie planet would be a better venue if they start taking more money away from the pot it's going to start sucking... then again they do let us play for another 2$ I wonder if we make it like 5 for the venue 5 for singles and 5 for doubles will they just let us play with out adding anything else? cause they seem to think of it all as 1 pot.

edit: wtf after my post theres the houston thread 0.0 well no theres the reply box then the houston thread lol.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Hmmm.. How often do most people here stop by the Elite Arena? Was looking for a few practice buds to help me improve with Ike for the year I am here. So am curious as if do most the people just stop by the EA for a few hours, or just randomly meet up.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
i was acting lame?
maybe i was trying to run a smooth tourney?

you always think im acting lame and
you always say i suck and u just down right
hate the way i play the game so pretty much
any feedback u give me goes in one ear and out the other
nowadays because all u ever do is rag on me.

and wanted what credit to myself???
ask me what ive gotten from throwing the tourney
because ive gotten nothing more than u have?

i havent even said anything that would even presume
i would expect to be a maverick for throwing this tournament
so stfu dude and keep ur comments to urself ya?

and FYI i dont care about tourney running credit look

HEY EVERYONE ARTURO SOLEY RAN STEP AND DESERVES ALL THE CREDIT!
I never say you suck you just think i do for some reason. Take the last day we where together for example I said Luis forgot how to SDI Snakes Nair grab release. Then you said he never knew. Then I said he figured it out before you. Some how you took that as me saying you suck. All I did was defend luis.

It's fine if you where trying to run a smooth tourny but you where doing it wrong. For example you would yell at me when I was running matches while you where playing by the end you wanted to leave and didn't want me and luis to play out the last set if I had won the 5th match in GF. How long do you think it would have taken if the tournament had to stop each time you where playing a match.

I also know what you got from the tournament and it was just becoming a member. It's not much but in cici's you told me something along the lines of: you shouldn't have gotten the membership I hosted the tournament

Idk why you would even care but you did want it to your self. And denying it is just dumb since day 1 you've been saying things like i'm running this alone.

edit: I don't really care about the credit anymore but i do think some people deserve for example everyone who brought a wii to the tournament. The guy who liked melee more than brawl, sinleten, skylar's friends, Anthony did you take one or did omar? your 2 friends who let you borrow theres. I honestly have no idea how you could have run this by your self like you wanted to 2 wiis and only 1 non HD tv which in the end at least 5 people wanted to be playing on them. Plus either no TIO or TIO on a computer that would have interrupted the tournament everytime business had to be done or if that fifa tournament had actually happened.

error13

Smash Journeyman
LMAO i didnt say anything of that sort at cici's
and if u would have won and didnt wanna split
than i wouldve waited for the end of the tourney
how ridiculous do u think i am dude and arguing
with u is like arguing with some one who puts words
into your mouth and doesnt have back up, and some one
who is as stubborn as a tree stump, so i really dont even bother

and if i ran the tourney so wrong what went terribly
wrong that the tourney almost crashed or something?

edit : i did say thanks to the people who brought wiis
and of course i knew i wouldnt be able to run a tourney with just 2

why do u think i asked people to bring them!?

god u must really think im some form of idiot dude
thats so annoying beyond anything.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
LMAO i didnt say anything of that sort at cici's
and if u would have won and didnt wanna split
than i wouldve waited for the end of the tourney
how ridiculous do u think i am dude and arguing
with u is like arguing with some one who puts words
into your mouth and doesnt have back up, and some one
who is as stubborn as a tree stump, so i really dont even bother

and if i ran the tourney so wrong what went terribly
wrong that the tourney almost crashed or something?
you did tell me that but if you don't want other people to know thats fine I'd be ashamed to. You always take back your words so it doesn't really bother me much anymore you can't argue with a liar.

Just to give and example and maybe anthony can back me up on this. The night that we argued the stage list it ended with:

Richard to me: Fine I'll unban pirate ship but I'm banning ps2 and norfair
Me to anthony: he said he was unbanning pirate ship but banning ps2 and norfair
Anthony to me: Ps2 to is fine but now we are going to have to argue for norfair
Me to anthony: Well norfair is counter ban in the sbr
Anthony to me: oh ok that fine then
Me to richard: ok thats fine

Then some how on tournament day it was unbanned durring our match and I said you banned that. Then you said no I didn't and I didn't argue because I didn't want you johning if i won.

Well 3 things that went wrong where

1. you added sinliten and shots to the wrong list and it created duplicates of them which in the end caused troubles with the money.

2. sinliten got 7th instead of 5th you might not care but I think he would have so thats why i went back and fixed it.

3. Omar lost to an olimar cause he was playing on an HD TV sure you think omar sucks and everything but imo every player deserves a fair chance no matter there skill level. This a big reason I always argue for tournament rules not to fit my advantage but to fit everyone characters and being a low tier main for over a year I think helps understand the lower side of the metagame rather than just it should be mk vs snake on FD only lets ban everything but BF FD and SV to make sure its that way.

edit: Yah thats absolutely what i wanted to hear! I am victorious! / sarcasam

Top Bottom