• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Thread

error13

Smash Journeyman
u bought the blue one with the holes on the sides?!
and wtf u need!!!! to get cactus breeze like no joke
and what are u doing at my store?! JERUSULM

and wtf about quitting? why do u have to quit?

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
do u know anything about how
powerful meta knight is?

i could probably jv 4 stock u with him
he deserves to be banned, he has no
place in competitive scene unless its
an all meta knight tournament his ability
to focus the meta game to revolve around
"how to beat meta knight" is just ridiculous
and takes away from the game so much
The people that play Smash at tournament levels take away from the game sooooo much. They ban characters, combo's, strategies, no wonder the game keeps going downhill.

Watching endless amounts of MK tournament videos, he hardly seems ban worthy. lol

Outlawstar2121

Smash Cadet
Lol i forget how young u guys are. Error thats not ur store at all!! I actually worked there for 6 months...crazy times...U spelled it right burrito and u should join them once u get acquainted we'll smoke some good stuff. :p

error13

Smash Journeyman
lol he spelled it so wrong...
are u sure you worked there
its hookah, or hooka. Not huka

and rockman um combos in brawl?
strategies besides camping?

and i believe this site is almost
for only competitive level players
and from what i get off your
description so far, you dont know or
play this game enough to even have any
idea how the rules for competitiveness should be
unless u wanna play 99 stock stamina all items on high

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
yeah that bowl had something in the middle that has 4 holes on the sides. i thought it wasn't that good but you need like 3-4 coals on it. Its a bit bigger so its cool cause it lasts longer. I was prolly just smoking coal but it was still good lmao. i did get catus breeze and mojito as well lol. i kept thinking about the mk vs snake match up while going to bed lol. i want to play that today lol
fml: i kinda dont have money for SWAT ****. You guys know any ladies i can ***** myself with? i mean it

starrchild

Smash Rookie
It's spelled hooker! **** it people... stop smoking tobacco flavored water with a hint of powerade. It's sheer disgust... megalolz. jk. Lui, I know alot of ladies...but that's my secret. ; )

Error or Richy! Man, don't you dare put Rockman down you hear! You shouldn't be saying that about someone you don't know. He's a very good player in all games, he's a TRUE gamer that plays any and every game out there and i got his back! Don't go saying something that isn't true cuz then you're next on my dead list!!!!

With all due respect, no matter how stupid MK is, he's not completely invincible especially against certain characters. Now, say someone does extremely well with captain falcon for instance, are you gonna ban him? I know there's no comparison but the point i'm trying to make is that...don't be a wuss and take out that which you can't beat, cuz how in the world will you get better then?

ps. I miss melee.

(**** is a cuss word? daaamn)

error13

Smash Journeyman
i don't remember me putting
down rockman unless your reading
into the context of my post a little
too much and as for a rebuttal i won't
be having one because you seem to
have a very thick skull im sure if rockman
played as much as we did at our level he would
see it too, but u probably never will.

"don't be a wuss and take out that which you can't beat"
there is a difference when its what can't be beaten.
unless of course you pick metaknight

oh and lui i have know idea what the ***** is lol

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
Ellll Paaasssoo! My boys! I miss all you guys, Arturito was the real winner of Whobo with those two sexy ladies on his arms. I miss all you guys! Oklahoma is planning on hosting our big tournament OH SNAP somewhere between the dates of Aug 12th and Aug 16th. Don't host any tournaments during this time at Arturito's house. You guys gotta come! I know it's a long drive but Oklahoma hasn't seen you guys in foreeever. It will be great I promise. Maybe I can find more ladies for the rest of you and none for Arturito. Paul, bring your best peach, we need a rematch!

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
and rockman um combos in brawl?
strategies besides camping?

and i believe this site is almost
for only competitive level players
and from what i get off your
description so far, you dont know or
play this game enough to even have any
idea how the rules for competitiveness should be
unless u wanna play 99 stock stamina all items on high
Last I checked, there are combos and strategies in Brawl, even if there are only a handful of them. It's sad that all of a sudden everyone is quick to ban things like infinites and what-not, good thing you don't play games like Street Fighter seriously otherwise you would be screaming "ban" left and right.

This game is trash and you admit it in a sense by saying there are no combo's or strategies besides camping. So at least make the most out of it. Stop with all of the excuses (or as you youngin's like to refer to it as johns.....lol)

Why....whyyyyyyyyyyyy did a fun game like Melee have to get replaced by this heap of junk?

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Last I checked, there are combos and strategies in Brawl, even if there are only a handful of them. It's sad that all of a sudden everyone is quick to ban things like infinites and what-not, good thing you don't play games like Street Fighter seriously otherwise you would be screaming "ban" left and right.

This game is trash and you admit it in a sense by saying there are no combo's or strategies besides camping. So at least make the most out of it. Stop with all of the excuses (or as you youngin's like to refer to it as johns.....lol)

Why....whyyyyyyyyyyyy did a fun game like Melee have to get replaced by this heap of junk?

We love Melee so much it was more or less destiny that we play, and continue to play, brawl. :embarrass

Oh and I'm really embarrassed about how I played last time...

just...wow. :(

P.S.: El Paso apparently needs to practice the DDD matchup...that was just pathetic, guys =(

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
For anyone planning on going to LasT 3, preregistration is closing after this weekend. Sunday, May 24 is the last day. I need time to make pools and whatnot. If you have an issue with this cutoff, PM me and we'll set things straight.

If you're not going to LasT 3, then YOU SHOULD. Reflex and kismet are going to be there, as well as a lot people from Alabama. How often are players like this within a reasonable drive? ...Right. The tournament is already close to 80 people, too, so it's going to be pretty awesome.

LasT 3:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225872

error13

Smash Journeyman

i did play melee and im like 100% sure i can
own you at it so quick, and at the same time
still having fun and tech skill
so i do know what a real game is

brawl is a terrible game but i play it cause i enjoy
the community and as for street fighter i do play it
and in that game they do have their broken things but nothing
is too much to handle, akumas offense is taken by his defense

sagat on the other hand just takes patient playing but its
not impossible to win with anyone like it is with metaknight

so dont go infering that i dont play street fighter
cause i do and pretty well to. and im not screaming
ban left and right, so what does that make you?
wrong about something else?

let me ask you one question
Do you frequently play brawl at a tournament level?

please if your not
in the brawl community keep your meaningless points of view
to yourself cause if your not the one having to play the game
or even want to play the game at a tournament level
no one needs or wants to hear what you have to say

its like me arguing for sagat to be banned when
i dont frequently go to SF4 tournaments so
i just keep my mouth shut cause i dont like being
a instigator as well as a pest. get the hint?;

error13

Smash Journeyman
lui who are your friends that just
need to stop instigating and whining about
none sense and talking about things that dont matter

tell them to GFTO

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Hey Everyone,

We are looking to get your feedback, your thoughts, and better understand you as a member of our community.

Please take a minute to fill out this brief Survey.

Click Here

Thanks! And as a added bonus one ultra lucky grand prize winner will receive 1 Billion Pride Points Paid out in High Fives (Ok haha, this may or may not happen but yeah do the Survey)

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
mk charges down smash, marth does down b. Therefore he countered mk. Its as easy as getting hit by jiggypuffs pound! :D
I had some gg's with richy today

S

Smashistrash

Dr. Drew says NO

brawl is a terrible game but i play it cause i enjoy
the community and as for street fighter i do play it
and in that game they do have their broken things but nothing
is too much to handle, akumas offense is taken by his defense

sagat on the other hand just takes patient playing but its
not impossible to win with anyone like it is with metaknight

so dont go infering that i dont play street fighter
cause i do and pretty well to. and im not screaming
ban left and right, so what does that make you?
wrong about something else?

let me ask you one question
Do you frequently play brawl at a tournament level?

please if your not
in the brawl community keep your meaningless points of view
to yourself cause if your not the one having to play the game
or even want to play the game at a tournament level
no one needs or wants to hear what you have to say

its like me arguing for sagat to be banned when
i dont frequently go to SF4 tournaments so
i just keep my mouth shut cause i dont like being
a instigator as well as a pest. get the hint?;
Funny, you say you don't like being an instigator or a pest, but you fill that role so well.

Is it the case that the Brawl community has discovered Meta Knight to be only character worth playing at a competitive level? Are entire tournaments filled with +75% of the entrants using Meta Knight? Are there no characters in Brawl able to counter Meta Knight other than Meta Knight?

If all three of these criteria are met, then a ban of Meta Knight is inevitable; however, this is not the case.

The truth of the matter is you suck at playing against Meta Knight. You suck at playing Meta Knight. Perhaps you even suck at playing Brawl. I am going to go out on a limb here and say you suck at versus action games...no wait...all games. You suck at life.

Let me tell you how to play Brawl. It's like baking a pretty cake. It's a piece of cake. Unfortunately, for you, this is impossible because you use a messy recipe. Learn to play the game scrub rather than whining all day long about a character you beat.

In the future, do your best to avoid posting your meaningless point of view.

As a side note, you mentioned that you were 100% certain you would beat Rockman at Smash. Every one of them talked so much trash but, ultimately, couldn't back it up. You'd be no different. Rockman would bake a pretty cake all over your face...scrub.

error13

Smash Journeyman
whatever lol @ meaningless argument
flamers will flame and nothing i can
say or do about it.

lui but my dedede is all crazy lol

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
i want to play sma****rash lol. watch it be M2k in disguise. Dekar you should get here like at 4 or 5 so we can play more. Evwryone needs to stop fighting just like turtwig and the rest of Ash's pokemon

starrchild

Smash Rookie
Link has an infinite! ^^

Marth counters Metaknight. Hands down! ^^

Princess Peach can't spam but Daisy can!!!! ^^

I love hot dogs! ^^!!!

starrchild

Smash Rookie
:bee: I can see everyone fighting and doing combos on each other soo hardcore! oh look there's a chain grab! XD. I sooo feel sorry for newbs right now, they are like getting UBER PWNED! Brutally ***** by the master controller! Mindgamed like a Peach! XD. I'm no rubbing it in though, i just agree with all that is said and done. Don't mind me, i'm just waiting for someone to play me is all. Till then I have the lowest esteem towards all you haters :note: i am only referring to the "hataz"^^.

($60 MM Dekar! $60 Dollar MM!)

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
ROFLMAO!!! I don't even know what's happening.

Error, you don't know me (though....I have met a lot of the El Paso smash players so maybe I actually *HAVE* met you hahaah) but I'll tell you that yes, I have played Smash at a tournament level. I have played tournament competent level players and have gone out of town and played in Smash tournaments. So hopefully that answers your question. I'm pretty sure you can beat me at Melee also, but.....what does that have to do with anything? I don't play that game anymore either....everyone is playing Brawl. All I ever wanted was some actual insight on why MK was banned, and someone got a little hurt on the inside. And for that, I apologize!

Dekar.....I'll glady MM you, but you gotta MM in Marvel2 for 100 dollars if I accept. :)

Duffman....I told you that you are my hero!

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Funny, you say you don't like being an instigator or a pest, but you fill that role so well.

Is it the case that the Brawl community has discovered Meta Knight to be only character worth playing at a competitive level? Are entire tournaments filled with +75% of the entrants using Meta Knight? Are there no characters in Brawl able to counter Meta Knight other than Meta Knight?

If all three of these criteria are met, then a ban of Meta Knight is inevitable; however, this is not the case.

The truth of the matter is you suck at playing against Meta Knight. You suck at playing Meta Knight. Perhaps you even suck at playing Brawl. I am going to go out on a limb here and say you suck at versus action games...no wait...all games. You suck at life.

Let me tell you how to play Brawl. It's like baking a pretty cake. It's a piece of cake. Unfortunately, for you, this is impossible because you use a messy recipe. Learn to play the game scrub rather than whining all day long about a character you beat.

In the future, do your best to avoid posting your meaningless point of view.

As a side note, you mentioned that you were 100% certain you would beat Rockman at Smash. Every one of them talked so much trash but, ultimately, couldn't back it up. You'd be no different. Rockman would bake a pretty cake all over your face...scrub.
who the **** are you?

I'm willing to bet 50$ that richard will beat you, rockman, and starchild with MK against MK and probably with any character you tell him to with in a days notice because hes just that good and chances are that if you don't play with us in el paso you suck.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Why would I MM you in a game that I don't play, and would never play? MvC2 is garbage. Competing in a tourney for that is like saying "sure, I'd love to take turns infiniting each other with Sentinel and crew"

Take the MM or leave it.

Starr, I will be in El Paso tomorrow, and am more than willing to MM for $60.

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
who the **** are you?

I'm willing to bet 50$ that richard will beat you, rockman, and starchild with MK against MK and probably with any character you tell him to with in a days notice because hes just that good and chances are that if you don't play with us in el paso you suck.
Where do you guys come up with stuff like this? Always want to throw money around like it has some kind of random meaning trying to get some guy (that has a handle insulting Smash Bros. no less) to play one of El Paso's best players in the only game he plays competitively? I don't understand any of your guy's logic, it's ridiculous.

EDIT: Arturito, in tournaments, who is your main? Is it Ike? (Serious question)

Anyways, we all need to just calm down here, again, I didn't mean to upset anyone and I'm sure that error is a wonderful and a person full of cheer. Apparently I always instigate when I ask a serious question (it's a gift obviously :) )

And Dekar, if I can't hustle you than I guess I have to decline. :( After all, I don't play Brawl.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
El Paso, I don't have the time right now, but I wanna make some shout outs to you later. I'd like there to be thought behind them, though, when I do. For right now, though, thanks for having us and being great. It's really appreciated.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
PLEASE HELP ME OUT!

would everybody go to the SWAT results thread and post who the USED in lwo tier 1vs1 and low tier 2vs2?

oh and if you could, please post who you fought in the 2 low tier events. Im trying to put characters nex to names. please help me out.

starrchild

Smash Rookie
People please help out XYRO.

I was listening to some awesome NES/Metal game music that got me in the mood for Smash 64. ...megalolz...then it died of...

Lui? pwnage much? need info on S.WhAT?

Top Bottom