• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Thread

starrchild

Smash Rookie
Wanna play some Brawl and Smash Error13? Who wants to play me? I just mastered Zero Suit to ****! ^^

I just want to crush someones self esteem badly today or the weekend......

btw I don't know how to play Brawl! ^^

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232157

There. Should be better pools then last time as Xyro is helping out. *ended up with Hylian, Jerm, and Forsaken last time*

I've actually never played an Olimar, and I'm assuming you do error. I wanna see how badly Ike gets pwn'd by the little dude. XD

Actually, Olimar is one of the two characters that I can't minimize to a 4-6 disadvantage...I use Ike, Bowser, and Captain Falcon. Stupid D3 still screws me over a lot, I have to use Falcon against D3s because he's the one that can actually recover and doesn't get infinite'd. I just hope Olimar isn't the same case as D3 where I have to use Falcon and hope the opponent is too confused to beat me down as much....

EDIT: just saw that D3's standing infinity is banned. Yays, my Bowser now has a chance against D3s! XD

EDIT2: Should also add Stage List isn't finalized. That's FS5's list. KM just finished finals and hasn't had time to change up the list.

error13

Smash Journeyman
unless you ike is better than
arturo i really dont see u beeing oli
and as for bowser and falcon.......

ya not against olimar lol

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
lol no, it's not. It's gotten a lot better from FS5 though. I don't freeze up anymore for one. >_>

Bowser at actually has a slightly easier time against Olimar then Ike IIRC. Yay Up OOS with incivility frames.

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
I got 3 days off this week and I'm out of school I wanna play some old fashion Melee cause Brawl is the worst game ever. Not even D3 can save it now cause they banned his combo's, soooo sad.

Anyways, you be down to play in the middle of the week Lui?

starrchild

Smash Rookie
Yo. I'm down to play during the week Mike, though I'm pretty busy and all but, I'll try! It sounds like you could make something go down awesome this week. "A little smash get together." We could also play some new games like Soul Caliburrr Cuatro and Street Raper IIII.^^

And I challenge you all to try and beat my SHIEK. If you can....Ima laugh and Beat you again! Cuz my SHiEk is the BESSSST! NO ONE CAN BEAT ME IN MELEE! ROFL!

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Yo. I'm down to play during the week Mike, though I'm pretty busy and all but, I'll try! It sounds like you could make something go down awesome this week. "A little smash get together." We could also play some new games like Soul Caliburrr Cuatro and Street Raper IIII.^^

And I challenge you all to try and beat my SHIEK. If you can....Ima laugh and Beat you again! Cuz my SHiEk is the BESSSST! NO ONE CAN BEAT ME IN MELEE! ROFL!
1. Who the **** are you?

2. People only play Scrub Caliber and Skeet fighter 4 when they need a break from brawl or melee.

3. I heard from everyone in El Paso that "that starchild guy really sucks". Go figure. :laugh:

4. Who are you, again?!

I'm down for SWAT if you guys are. I heard that Dekar was a cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything, and New Mexico and El Paso are cool with each other so it should be loads of fun...

Even when I buy this : http://www.ripleys.com/assets/img/upload/bions/thumb/nerf-vulcan-blastercrop.jpg

:laugh:

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
Hell naw, I wouldn't drive down 80 miles to lay the smack down in Soul Calibur 4 or Street Fighter 4. Besides, those games are horrible.

Fallenangle, just curious, do you favor MK being banned?

starrchild

Smash Rookie
So-rry! I didn't know it was a 1, 657 mi drive from where you live! Not being sarcastic I do tend to forget which part of NM you live in. =( I'm sorry. and....

SINCE WHEN DO YOU GIVE A LIP ABOUT SMASH FOOL!? Last I heard MVSC was your prime and then Soul now this? I guess I'll let that slide and I don't blame you, Smash "is" a pretty good game to play, due to it's "all-around unbreakable" blocking and it's "all-around unstoppable" moving-NESS. ^^. Don't get me wrong, I like gaming but by far for best title that fits those qualities is smash! Not to mention there's teams..... rarrr! sexy! oh and....

umm... I'm that guy that can back my trash talk up and beat you in Melee and Brawl the same day!!!! ^^. Looking forward to angering more of you worthless players!! ^^\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzW8n-5UsqE&feature=related

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Hell naw, I wouldn't drive down 80 miles to lay the smack down in Soul Calibur 4 or Street Fighter 4. Besides, those games are horrible.

Fallenangle, just curious, do you favor MK being banned?
Fallen will do, bro. :laugh:

Well I do think he is broken, but I refuse to take a stand on the BanMK issue. I wouldn't mind if he does get banned, but wouldn't john if he doesn't. :dizzy:

So-rry! I didn't know it was a 1, 657 mi drive from where you live! Not being sarcastic I do tend to forget which part of NM you live in. =( I'm sorry. and....

SINCE WHEN DO YOU GIVE A LIP ABOUT SMASH FOOL!? Last I heard MVSC was your prime and then Soul now this? I guess I'll let that slide and I don't blame you, Smash "is" a pretty good game to play, due to it's "all-around unbreakable" blocking and it's "all-around unstoppable" moving-NESS. ^^. Don't get me wrong, I like gaming but by far for best title that fits those qualities is smash! Not to mention there's teams..... rarrr! sexy! oh and....

umm... I'm that guy that can back my trash talk up and beat you in Melee and Brawl the same day!!!! ^^. Looking forward to angering more of you worthless players!! ^^\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzW8n-5UsqE&feature=related
Well as hard as I tried to read that, it still made almost no sense. :ohwell:

I trust in the opinion of my fellow El Paso players. If they brand you as a "scrub" and you don't like it, prove them otherwise.

Come to think of it, I don't remember any one with your...literacy at any previous tournaments! Are you new here or something? :confused:

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman

SINCE WHEN DO YOU GIVE A LIP ABOUT SMASH FOOL!? Last I heard MVSC was your prime and then Soul now this? I guess I'll let that slide and I don't blame you, Smash "is" a pretty good game to play, due to it's "all-around unbreakable" blocking and it's "all-around unstoppable" moving-NESS. ^^. Don't get me wrong, I like gaming but by far for best title that fits those qualities is smash! Not to mention there's teams..... rarrr! sexy! oh and....[/url]
C'mon man, you know that I live in Cruces, but the drive from Cruces to East El Paso (I say east side because everyone that plays the game competitively lives on the East Side) so it's 60 to get into EP and then another 20 roughly going to the east side. And you know I've messed around with Smash on and off since '07 Remember when I owned you up on that first to ten back at UTEP about a year ago? C'mon, you remember.

Fallen: My bad bro, anyways, you got to have some kind of stance on MK being banned? Isn't he like super easy to play as in like just mash B all day for insane amounts of percentage, doesn't he take up like 7 out the top 10 slots in a lot of bigger tournaments? Surely you have to have some kind of opinion about him?

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
so much blood in here lol. The problem is where and when to play. I cant play on wednesday cause my friends gets here from out of town. Same goes for friday and saturday. time to get Drunk.
About the MK ban, dont ban im, ban the ice climbers "wobbling" throws

starrchild

Smash Rookie
fallenangleman I'll play you anywhere anytime my man and shut you up once and for all. I was thinking I meet you at major players during the week or even somewhere close to where rockman2k1 lives how's that sound? This is my number: 875-7771. Give me a message or a call, so we can do this.

sorry rockman... I have amnesia and don't remember. ^^ Just joshin with you of course I remember! I wasn't clear on your stance at first but now I realize I was wrong. Pardon my offense?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
C'mon man, you know that I live in Cruces, but the drive from Cruces to East El Paso (I say east side because everyone that plays the game competitively lives on the East Side) so it's 60 to get into EP and then another 20 roughly going to the east side. And you know I've messed around with Smash on and off since '07 Remember when I owned you up on that first to ten back at UTEP about a year ago? C'mon, you remember.

Fallen: My bad bro, anyways, you got to have some kind of stance on MK being banned? Isn't he like super easy to play as in like just mash B all day for insane amounts of percentage, doesn't he take up like 7 out the top 10 slots in a lot of bigger tournaments? Surely you have to have some kind of opinion about him?
I live on the westside if that helps. We never play over here but maybe one day in the summer once my mom gets a job since i won't be able to go to the east side anymore once that happens.

Anthony are we going to team up for swat? I'm not going to ditch you for some one else i swear on ike. Just think about it we could call our selfs "I tripped Arturito now he has become a, fallenburrito" :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Duffman... I've stepped my game up, I very rarely sandbag in tournament anymore (though admittedly I did sandbag/not care part of the two rounds I lost at Apex), and my Wario does some crazy ****. Basically you're screwed. And if you go Falco, I hope you enjoy being CGed too ^_^

Santi

Smash Lord
EL PASOOOOO <3
So who is confirmed for SWAT?
Burrito& Anthony?
Error?
Dufffffmannnnn :)?

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Good stuff at APEX. Was scared that you were going to lose to luigi. I think it is very hard. Have you practiced more dittos? I will have to practice those counterpick stages. AND i might be playing some new characters too so i dont have to rely on falco. Will you be at SWAT?
Santi i have been confirmed forever and if we play, my falco hopefully wont just die off the ledge twice....

Here is something we have to discuss, couldn't find the quote. I like how he says he didn't sandbag then he says plenty of matches are even vs MK.::::::::::::::

Originally Posted by Mew2King View Post
OMG guys I did not sandbag

I had every intention of winning

I wanted to win for myself and for USA; I have wayyyyyyyyy too much pride to purposely lose the set at such a great opportunity to win. I am really competitive and I'm not going to purposely lose at a great opportunity to slightly sway a stupid metaknight argument give me a break

I was upset that I lost but not very upset about it because of the way I lost - by someone using skill (also I like Ally so it was no big deal to me ... but that certainly DOESN'T MEAN that I didn't REALLY WANT TO WIN)

and I did ask Ally if he wanted to split and he said no. I didn't really care either way though; in fact I'm kind of GLAD he said no because I wanted that epic, extremely fun fight and can't wait to do more of them in the future because that was the most fun I ever had in Brawl in my life, comparable to me vs Shiz from Revival.

(btw this is unrelated, but we split top 3 in Melee after I 3-0d Kage cuz I went upstairs and got drunk and then was too drunk to play Melee. I did manage to beat Chu in a Fox vs ICs money match in Melee tho and I beat Jman 3-1 and 3-0 in Marth vs Fox money matches. They were all really fun.)

that's why I love how this game is going after Apex. It's starting to be really fun

also ICs infinites should not be banned either altho I do think it's very cheap. That is the reason ICs are good and it takes practice to do, so banning that is like... you might as well just ban ICs. The first 2 matches that I lost in the first set... the first one was LAST HIT (like one down smash or w/e from winning I believe) while the last game was like last stock mid %. All 3 games I won in losers were last stock, and first one was last hit. The difference wasn't actually that big at all, it was just barely enough in my favor, and I was camping as hard as I Could. The only thing I think should be banned are stupid stages where luck is involved or random factors or extreme camping are involved, but honestly I don't care much either way. I'm really tired of having everything being banned it's stupid just play the game and try to win.

In crews the last day, Judge lost to Meeps ICs in crews when Judge had 3 stocks and Meep had 2, Meep won by 1 stock 50%. Not only that, Meep messed up the chain grab like 4 or 5 times, so it could have been worse if he mastered the CG better like Lain did. It was on FD, but the point is that ICs are an extremely good character. I honestly do not think I could beat Lain if he mastered that BLIZZARD WALL Thing where he makes one IC jump then the other do it and the other to make a huge blizzard wall. Once he masters ICs even more idk if I can beat him.

Ally I had every intention of winning against and I tried my hardest, but I got about like 20 IMs about Apex asking me if I sandbagged. I would not sandbag, I really really really wanted to win and Snake is also my most practiced matchup by far (computer practice). Maybe I wasn't playing my very best but I was playing at - LEAST - average, I was warmed up, and he just went super beast mode and I wish he would do that more often (he was way harder than at CoT4 because he fixed his habits, such as his air dodge habit and has more mix ups with DI now too).

Dojo I think got 2-0d by Candy in a money match, and lost to Candy 2-1 in tourney bracket (and the match Dojo won was last stock 120+ I heard). Because of Candy vs Dojo and me vs Ally, I changed my mind about Snake vs MK matchup and Snake in general. I think the matchup is dead even now, just like Marth vs Fox in Melee. Bout time the Snakes caught up to the MKs. ICs vs MK also feels very even.

edit - I'm better at being aggressive than defensive now - before Apex I practiced aggressive Metaknight a lot because being aggressive is really useful in teams and it's also way more fun. I tried to make that my style and I don't think I could go back to that camping vs a lot of characters anyway. Snake outcamps Metaknight by far guys - he has projectiles and Ally is MAD good with explosives. All that waiting around does is risk me getting hit while there's no risk of him getting hit, as well as giving him more times to set traps. I don't think a defensive style vs Snake is even good at all honestly.

edit again - I trained Ksizl a few days before Apex for FIVE HOURS AT MY HOUSE since he was willing to take public transportation down here. He wanted to improve really badly, and he told me it took like 4 hours to get here even though it's only an hour and a half drive if he woulda got a ride (idk why it took that long, I'm just telling you what he told me). I also taught him Atomsk's weakness vs Tornado - that once you move away from him he thinks you are retreating for good - and then you can hit him with the very end of the tornado. Ksizl said my advice helped a lot to make him do as good as he did, as well as helping vs other people. 5 hours of MK dittoing me and listening to my advice I guess helps a lot (also their set was 2-1). Atomsk took me to last stock 60% with DDD and I'm good vs DDD. I don't think that matchup is that bad anymore either, but MK definitely has the clear advantage in it.

By the way, MKs down throw isn't even that good vs Snake. At Cat 4 and CoT4, Ally always DId my down throws up and towards me and air dodged soon after, but never fast enough to air dodge my Uair (I don't know why, but you can immediately air dodge it and be safe from the Uair or Fair if you know MK will do that). He kept DIing away, and he also did a lot less air dodges and reacted to down throw really well every time. I was always able to easily get him into the air and juggle him with Uairs, while this time he did not allow that to be possible. Snake easily beats MK on the ground, while MK has the advantage in the air, but Snake has a lot more options in the air than most people think. Bairs, Nairs, Fairs are good too if you use it smart, Dairs can be good because it starts fast so you can use it when you are being juggled by MKs Uair, and B pivoting and holding nades are good too. Random fast falls or not fast falling can be good mix ups as well (and if you saved your double jump, you can DJ then C4). I am convinced that the odds of hitting MK out of down throw are greater than 50/50 after playing Afro thunder and Ally... I mixed it up randomly all the time and they got me like at least 2/3rds of the time x_x

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Well i mean i can handle it, its just a friend here uses him pretty good and he just gives me a lot of trouble. Wario vs peach is even!!

neocell and error and burrito

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wario vs Peach IS even, but they wanted to claim advantage, so whatever, lol.

Also, I doubt your friend uses Luigi as good as Boss... the man is the embodiment of sex (and Laurence Fishburne) XD

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
yayy :)
K
thank you el paso!!
have my babies :)
well it depends... who is the male/female. if you need a male, i am your man ;) If you want a female then talk to neocell error and maybe burrito (the babies would have cute green eyes)
Santi will your gf have some cute friends over to have some fun?????:):):):):):)

Phantom: during the summer we just need you need to comedown here just to play some friendlies. maybe we can go a day before final smash 6 so we can play all day.

Santi

Smash Lord
lol I would not want any of my Gf's friends over at my house
haha i dont like any of them.

kaylos coming to SWAT. she's really awesome.

but I'm not letting diana bring any of her friends. they are annoying. Diana is only coming so she can meet everyone cause I talk about all my smash friends all the time :)

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I was actually posting at that same time but not in this thread lol I missed the action =\.

Also I won't go if i don't have a partner so don't count me in yet...

Also who the **** would give an hour and 30 min ride to someone? M2K has some questionable logic.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Arturo dont waste a cool opportunity to have fun. everyone wants you at SWAT so stop the jons.
I like how you talked about the ride instead of my whole point of that post lol. I just dont think he should have lost his "best match up" oh well.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
well the ride is an hour and half there and back so its 3 times as long. Thanks for taking me home though =)

Also M2K does a lot of things wrong with MK i think spammer was a better MK because when MK camps hes unbeatable. Right richy? XD

The most noteable thing m2k does wrong is momentum cancel with Dair.

Thanks for the eye comment too I do like my snow flakes.

starrchild

Smash Rookie
heh? That's alot of critical info lui are you an editor?

can someone give me the low down on SWAT just curious about where who what and when, you know?

Santi

Smash Lord
bascially an epic smash tournament next saturday at san angelo
with free soda and food
there will be girls and comfy couches and epic stuff

and its santi's first and last tournament hosting

and umm
its awesome :)

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
So david wants to play smash tomorrow that means i wouldn't have to leave at 8 do you guys want to play tomorrow instead of friday?

ans idk santi missing out on part of a tournament is pretty disheartening. hobo 11 was pretty lame after i lost singles because i had nothing else to look forward too.

Top Bottom