• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edwardsville Illinois Brawl tourney new date: February 15th!

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Big announcement! :(
They can't do bi weeklies anymore, and this one is only Brawl.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
In regards to some sort of a regular date for Smash tourney's, it's completely up to the business.

New Tourney will be February 15th!
Future tournaments will also be Melee/Brawl tourneys!

Also, I didn't post much info because I didnt think many people were interested.

Here's the address:
4 Club Centre Court

Edwardsville
Illinois, 62025
United States of America

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I am going to go to the building this week, ASAP, to figure out all the final details.
He said 20, but I am going to see if he can up it, because we are already almost hitting twenty from just my buddies.

To Rob, I'm not 100% sure. I think so, but as I said, I don't know the complete details yet, so once I find them out I will edit the first post.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
If you want to keep the topic, please edit the location and preferably a date into the title.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
wow, I was about to say what kish just said. Seriously. I just wasted 3 minutes reading a thread that isn't even going to be melee, and I have no idea if it's reasonably close to me at all. I have never heard of Edwardsville. It could be a very small town 40 minutes from my house or a 5 hour drive away in a different state. You really need to put the location (town and state) in the topic title as well as which game.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Yes, it happened, and due to such short notice and what not, 20 people didn't show.
Only my handful of friends showed for this one, and due to this, we are considering dropping the entire League idea, and just having regular bi weeklies for it.

The only reason we're for sure not doing just regular bi weeklies, is because in the league format we were talking about, you'd play your X amount of matches each time, regardless if you lost or whatever.

If we did regular bi weeklies, it'd be normal Tourney format, probably Double Elim as long as we had enough time.

Now, it's up to you guys, those who would like to come, to help, which idea would you like more, regular or League?

Regular would be double elim, 2 out of 3, 3 out of 5 for finals.
League would be what I said in the original post, but once we hit 20 people, then everyone after that would be bench.

There will also be tv's for friendlies going on in both ideas.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Indeed it will be, no limit on how many people show, the CEO wants 70 on average, I told him no promises, but no limit is nice.
8 tv's running so it'll be nice.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Um..Right now he wants to start at 5 till 9 ish, but it doesn't HAVE to stop at 9, if matches are going on he'll let them finish.
I am going to try to get him to start earlier.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Hrmn. The later the better for me, since I work saturdays. But I may be able to get off for some of them, but I definitely can't go to every one if they are starting before 6 or so.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Alright good to hear Chewy.
Not too many showed up this week since Event 52, but it was still a good time.
I'mma try to get word out more to get a good amount of people to show.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
you're trying to run a big tourney in 4 hours?

hm...

again, i'd go to melee for sure, but i'd consider brawl

also, in my opinion, just run like a $10 tourney or something, its much easier and flexable.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Thats what we've been doing, we don't want people to have to feel required to show and yadda yadda.
We'll have Melee there as well, if enough people want and we have time we could do a mini Melee too, or we could talk something out with the owner to a Melee one once in a while.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I'll try and be there during the thanksgiving break and any and all tournies you during during christmas break.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Also, so this thread gets bumped and people know about it, there is a teams tourney tomorrow at the place as well, if you guys wanna' win some free money haha.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Good stuff everybody.

Milk, you guys gonna do another biweekly event or anything?

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Well, considering Halloween is this weekend, would it be better if I rescheduled?

Good to see you there finally Chewy, though I don't think I got to meet you.

chewyy

Smash Ace
Yeah, I had a lot of fun. :)
And I think I saw you, MIlk. You were on Legan's team right?
But yeah, Halloween being next weekend would probably cause conflicts.....

Top Bottom