• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edwardsville Illinois Brawl tourney new date: February 15th!

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
There should be quite a lot of people hopefully, since it's the last one.
I was thinking about doing 15$ for the whole thing, but I don't think everyone would do both.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
It's 3 and 3.
I am going to talk to him about plans for 09' tomorrow, so we'll definitely arrange something for both Melee and Brawl.
Also, too, ten dollars for both(As in, ten dollars enters you in Melee and Brawl), but to be helpful, so we don't have to decide how to do pricing and make the prize enough money, the owner wants me to make sure everyone tries to enter both, they will be both back to back.

chewyy

Smash Ace
back to back as in brawl then melee or visa versa? Not like, one round melee, one round brawl, one round melee..... right...?

P.S. I should be coming with (2?) people

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Haha, I just got woken up (it's Saturday) by someone around here who decided we should travel for a smash tournament. 2-3 of the Rolla, MO guys will be there with an exceptional feat of last minute planning, and we're in it to win it.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Yeah, good games guys, and chewyy is too good. By the way, we all agreed that after that melee (and further after my brawl match against Thinkaman) that we're renaming Jungle Japes to Rolla Japes; it's the best stage.

Anyway, whenever you report results, don't bother mentioning that I used R.O.B. in one match; for all intents and purposes I used just Mr. Game & Watch.

Anyway, the real point of this post is that all the Rolla guys had a great time and are likely to attend another event like this in 2009; it's just a shame that Brian and Brandon (aka Sieg) didn't want to go to St. Louis with you guys and do the inevitably all night brawl.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Nice win in Brawl Chewy.
You're IC's are pre' beast.
Thank you everyone for attending, The next time we will pick these back up shall be the 2nd weekend of January.
I'm very upset I had to play Ripple the first match, though it was an incredibly awesome match.
I got some videos, mostly Melee ones, cause my camera died by the time Brawl rolled around, they will be put up..Within the next hour.
Also, Legan is too good.
Ripple is okay too...;)

Edit://
Also, Darkatma, you are a pro, no johns.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Thanks for the great games yesterday guys :p

for melee
Ripple: your dk>your fox =] i bet that's because of the lag though. I would've gone falco if not for the lag.
and kyle: stop noobing around
ampharos: i had that jiggs ditto =[ Next time i'll play more carefully
lixi: you should've beaten ripple in loser's semis
oranos: melee rules :p

for brawl
pat: sorry i had to play you first twice
the guy who got really frustrated who camped me with snake: don't worry i get frustrated with brawl all the time
chewy: that ICs cging was ridiculous. I should've gone zelda both games though, i would've won the second if i knew what to counterpick
ripple: that's brawl for you :p

yeah end note:
step up your melee game guys :p Norcal has a crazy melee scene, i used to get ***** by people who would be considered unknown to the rest of the world, but they're barely under ss/tang/lunin/falcomist/zhu's level. (i played them a lot too)

also:
anyone can come to st louis if they want melee practice :p We probably have the best melee scene in missouri (which isn't saying much), but me and geno have beaten colbol/lambchopz, played m2k, taken a match off wife/darkrain, and I've played against scar, ss, jiano, wife, colbol, chopz, raynex, and a ton of californian guys too, so i know a lot about melee :p /end mild cockiness

anyways ggs

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
More set ups WILL happen.
And Brawl won't be single elim.
I made sure to stress we need more set ups for the next bout of them, to ensure double elim for both tournies.

MuBa

Smash Lord
I would like the idea of having a Swiss format tournament and then have a single elimination b/w the top players...but then again double elimination is also fine >_>

Edit: I forgot we already do pools so it's already some kind of Swiss format.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I'll see if we can get more time, or more set ups, or even both!
It will for sure be double elim for both tournies, no doubt.
Pools, no promises, but hopefully can happen.
I'll record pools too, get a bunch of tapes too.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'll see if we can get more time, or more set ups, or even both!
It will for sure be double elim for both tournies, no doubt.
Pools, no promises, but hopefully can happen.
I'll record pools too, get a bunch of tapes too.

so we are actually going to have regular tv's that don't lag?

also atma I want to have a rematch although I want to use my DK and have you use falco

MuBa

Smash Lord
If you guys worry about having any lag issues on televisions, namely the flat screen HDTVs, the first thing you guys should do is take a look at the DEFLICKER options in the game cuz that is most likely the reason why you guys are lagging in the first place.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
hopfully we can help legan complete his combo video with these little tourneys

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I like his idea for an STL combo video, it sounds pretty neat.
If not, I will make a full combo video.
I like how I had you DK punch him right to the beat of the song at the end of the video Ripple.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
If you guys worry about having any lag issues on televisions, namely the flat screen HDTVs, the first thing you guys should do is take a look at the DEFLICKER options in the game cuz that is most likely the reason why you guys are lagging in the first place.
Well thats for Brawl, I'm pretty sure they mean Melee.
Unless you can mess with that with Melee too.

darkatma

Smash Hero
yeah you can turn deflicker off in melee.
it makes a slight difference, and i did that on all the TVs in the tournament already (i'm sneaky like that)
however, there will always be slight lag on hdtv's, enough to make me feel shaky about my space animal tech skill :p

I'm gonna master double stick techs for sheik today :p

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Yeah, when I tried to play my Falco a couple tournies ago in Melee friendlies, my game was hella' off.
Here's a flowchart of why I think you shouldn't get any better Atma.
Legan beats Ripple.
I have beaten Legan.
I could possibly maybe beat Ripple.
Ripple beat you.
I could possibly maybe get a stock off you.
Check and mate.

Top Bottom