• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

#EducatedFeet Results - 7/20/13

SoulPech

Smash Master
Just got home. Stayed wif Mister Eric and had a blast. I did hit a deer on the way home and couldn't call police to report since there was no service :(. Shoutouts later.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Melee characters are off. OS went all Fox. I used all Fox and used desperation Marth but never won a match with him.
You won one match against me with Marth on our first set. I went Marth against Goodin once or twice I think. But primarily we were both auto Foxes. Actually I used Marth vs. Luigioshard too because Luigi. So I was a bit of both.

Side note: This was the first KY tournament (both Melee and Brawl) that I did not win in over a year. =(
*fist pump*

This was a fun tournament. It was fun beating Kel in Melee because that normally doesn't happen. I've always been able to take games off of him but I don't remember the last time I've beaten him in a Melee tournament. All it took was playing Project M from time to time and Kel playing no smash whatsoever for months!

Brawl tournament was fun, although I wish I would have had a day or some time prior to the tournament to practice. Playing Ralph Cecil and being like "how does this matchup work?" was hard since he's improved so much and I've gotten so much worse! XD

I beat Judo in pools who ended up winning the tournament and got 3rd in my pool because I lost to a Pit that I outplaced in bracket! Kryp was surprisingly good for a Pit player, although it wasn't until I was on the ride back that I remembered how MK can mess up Pit's attempts at kill moves. OH WELL.

Losing to Kero was fun too. We had played some friendlies beforehand and I was trying to relearn the Olimar matchup and somehow forgot dairing over his shield and then later in bracket actually didn't ban Final Destination for some reason and got utterly destroyed. It's nice to see Kero having improved so much since playing him in Lexington like 4 years ago. I remember being able to just run up and dair him off the side for a 2 or 3 stock victory, and now here he is 2 stocking me! Errybody's growing up! :(

It was fun seeing everybody again and the yogurt was awesome. I wish the AC had worked there, but I know the owners didn't want it either. Hopefully it's fixed by next time :p

I probably won't be attending tournaments on a regular basis still. I had fun, but I went primarily because Kel drove. I hate driving. Don't get me wrong, I miss smash and it'd be fun to start practicing again but I don't forsee Kel practicing or me driving until it gets closer to Smash 4's release. If Kel goes to the next one of these I'll be there, otherwise prolly not.

Melee kids, keep practicing. The game is more than tech skill and playing Brawl improved my Melee game tremendously. You've all improved since I last played you guys.

ADVICE FOR TOs:

Take registration for everything all at once and use two people to do it. Have one line going to the first guy that takes registration for Brawl and Melee Singles, then have them move down the table from that line to register for Brawl Doubles and side events (if taking advanced registration for those). If you have more than 2 people, set up a person per event. Give each person an envelope to put the money for that event in and have change ready.

Pools for singles should be finished prior to Brawl Doubles finishing, and should actually start around Brawl Doubles finals. You don't have to schedule in a lunch break for anyone as they can go get lunch when they are eliminated. Give leeway to people that were later in brawl doubles / melee singles bracket for obvious reasons.

The tournament didn't run too late, but it could have ended at 8 or 9 pretty easily.

When announcing stations and matches, always use player names and station numbers. "Overdrive Ostrich vs. Batman on the Batmobile over here" doesn't help much. "Kel and Overswarm vs. Twig and S2 on station 1" means that everyone knows who goes where. Team names are fun, but don't help anyone. If you use real names and none of us heard the call out, Mister Eric will know who goes where even though he wasn't called. He can then go to his buddies and be like "hey your match was called". Otherwise you'll just have to keep calling until the teams recognize their team name!

Also, ask for help! You had plenty of experienced TOs around that could help you with getting registration for Singles, organizing pools, being pool captains, etc., and it can be a big help.

All in all you did a pretty good job given the constraints of space due to a massive influx of horses.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Show em how it's done Judo :)

Glad to see an old partner make it back into the scene. I just lurk now mostly...

Good results KY keep them going

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Sorry I couldn't make it out to this after all Kel, I had some serious car troubles that prevented me from hitting the highway. Needless to say I was pissed.

Seems like this was a fun and successful event overall. And Chi, you'll be missed bro - have fun over in NC.

Crispus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-2229-8695
Hey guys, its Cristian. Just wanted to say thanks for such an awesome first tourney. Before thursday, I had never played anyone in competitive smash (yeah even friends), and finally getting some experience with people was really fun. Although the venue was a little hot, it was still really cool and unlike anything we have in Murfreesboro, TN. I call for a Froyo eating contest next time. I hope to see everyone next time!

S/O:

SP?: Bro, thanks for letting Coleman and I stay at your place, we definitely couldn't have made the trip without you. Let us know when then next one is coming up, and we'll mark our calendars for it!

SP!: Man, thanks for the tip off about Canes's. Went there for lunch, and then we went back for dinner. Also, wanted to thank you for the helpful tips and strats the night before and and the morning of. Ill try to work on PM a bit so I'm not draggin' you down :p

Mister Eric: You are a super fun guy to play against, and an even cooler one to talk to. Glad we met, and maybe we can find a happy medium between brawl and melee in smash 4! Keep dat rob going strong.

Dirac: Definitely got some good friendly practice in with you! Thanks for the tech tips. Hope to see you next time around.

Kryp: Really enjoyed our falco/marth match towards end. I was also really impressed by your Pit in brawl.

Judo: Had a hella fun time getting ripped a new one in random dittos. Nuff said.

Dirac: Definitely got some good friendly practice in with you! Hope to see you next time around.

Toastbread: Was pullin' for you man. hope we can play again soon.

Clay: Marth dittos =_____=

DMF~

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, its Cristian. Just wanted to say thanks for such an awesome first tourney. Before thursday, I had never played anyone in competitive smash (yeah even friends), and finally getting some experience with people was really fun. Although the venue was a little hot, it was still really cool and unlike anything we have in Murfreesboro, TN. I call for a Froyo eating contest next time. I hope to see everyone next time!

S/O:

SP?: Bro, thanks for letting Coleman and I stay at your place, we definitely couldn't have made the trip without you. Let us know when then next one is coming up, and we'll mark our calendars for it!

SP!: Man, thanks for the tip off about Canes's. Went there for lunch, and then we went back for dinner. Also, wanted to thank you for the helpful tips and strats the night before and and the morning of. Ill try to work on PM a bit so I'm not draggin' you down :p

Mister Eric: You are a super fun guy to play against, and an even cooler one to talk to. Glad we met, and maybe we can find a happy medium between brawl and melee in smash 4! Keep dat rob going strong.

Dirac: Definitely got some good friendly practice in with you! Thanks for the tech tips. Hope to see you next time around.

Kryp: Really enjoyed our falco/marth match towards end. I was also really impressed by your Pit in brawl.

Judo: Had a hella fun time getting ripped a new one in random dittos. Nuff said.

Dirac: Definitely got some good friendly practice in with you! Hope to see you next time around.

Toastbread: Was pullin' for you man. hope we can play again soon.

Clay: Marth dittos =_____=
More like a brainfreeze getting contest

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Brawl Shoutouts:
1: Judo ($163) :sheik:: Good job on taking first lol. It was really fun playing you in singles. Looking back on it I was banking too hard on you messing up. D: Also I was worried during our set in doubles that you would remember your rule loool.
2: Kero ($75) :olimar:: GGs in doubles. I should've tried to get in some more friendlies with you. D: I always forget to lol. Good job on taking 2nd, and beating Kel. :D
3: Kel ($47) :metaknight: :marth:: GGs in Melee. I need to remember gimmicky things don't work on Brawl players when I play them in Melee loool. Also I was hoping I would would ended up playing you in Brawl singles. I haven't played you in a while. :o
4: Joey ($27) :olimar::peach:: Maaaaaan I was hoping this tournament I could avoid playing against you and/or Kero, but nooooooooooooooooo qqqqqqqq. GGs though lol and good luck with College stuff. :D Also yeah I forgot about playing friendlies stuff too. >_<
5: Mister Eric ($14) :rob: :popo:: Thanks for going out of your way for the ride. D: I'm pretty sure if I couldn't ride with you to tournaments I probably wouldn't be playing anymore. >_<
5: Sorasin ($14) :falco:: You did so well at this. :o I wish I could've gotten to play you, but brackets and pools didn't really work out that way I guess lol.
7: Ralph Cecil :snake:: Wonkiest things happened for and against me at this tournament loool. Still feel like I played well for the most part.
7: Lumi :wolf: :metaknight:: GGs in singles. I feel really bad about how that set ended, but it's always fun playing you. It's always so freaking close. D:
9: SneakyTako :metaknight: :dedede: :rob:: Ftilt to Inhale OP. T_T GGs lol I was so worried about having to play you. >_< Out of the 3 people I thought I would have to play I was really hoping it wasn't you lmao.
9: S2 :dk2:: I'm surprised we haven't met eachother in singles brackets more often. O-o
9: Overswarm :metaknight:: GGs in singles and thanks for the help with confidence things. :D Also I lucked out on you not playing much, and me playing a character that you have to have practice for lol.
9: $P :metaknight:: S2's Big Booty 2gud. Thanks for carrying me in doubles lmao. It was literally just you doing the work and gimping people and me getting the occasional lucky nonsense. >_< Also I can try to help you some more with the Snake mu next time we get the chance. It's kind of hard for me to explain it unless i'm doing so while playing it. D:
13: Hilt :olimar:: You had such close and hype sets whenever I saw you playing lol. Also it was funny finding out that we both think something about someone lol.
13: Amida :snake:: Good job on getting 1st seed in your pool. Also I know I make mistakes loool. I take huge risks and do gimmicky things all the time lol. That's just how I choose to play Snake. I didn't leave a game/set all tournament that I lost that I didn't already know what I should've changed lol. I just like to try dumb things sometimes. :p
13: Steel Samurai :marth:: GGs in doubles. I don't know if we've been to a tournament together before, but it was nice seeing you that you attended another tournament after a good while and doing well from what I could see. :D
13: Earl :rob:: You gotten so much better since the last time I saw you play. @_@ It was fun playing you and Phael in doubles, and you play ROB weird to me. o-o I usually feel like I can get a general feel when I play most ROBs, but yours was weird to try and read. o-o
17: Twig :wario:: It seemed like you had a rough tournament this time around. D: Good job on taking 3rd in doubles though. :D
17: Hoboz :kirby2:: I didn't get to see you play I don't think, but thanks for commentating things and sorry that the Snake mu is wonky. >_<
17: Hael Phael :pikachu2:: Glad you were getting so hype about seeing an improvement in yourself. You just need to keep it up. Just try to remind me to coach you for things at tournaments, and hopefully that will help too. :D
17: Clowsui :metaknight: :marth:: Thanks for practicing with me on wifi, because that's all the practice I had leading up to this tournament looool. Also i'm probably going to try and keep from playing wifi too much(with Snake at least), so I can break that awful nair habit. >_< Also that MM. :OOOOO I'm really glad that wonky stuff didn't end it game 2, and that game 3 was so close and hype(for me at least lol).
17: KassandraNova :peach:: I'm sorry that the Snake mu is so bad. D: It was fun and stressful playing you in pools lol. Also those pulls. :OOOOOOOOertyijolkhmnbgvtyui lol. I've heard stories about them, but never went through them myself loool.
17: Spec :pikachu2:: GGs in pools. I made a mistake and you capitalized on it and carried the momentum to game 3 lol. Good stuff. :D Also you didn't even CG me much and still won. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
17: Kryp :pit:: Realllyreallyreally sry I didn't get a chance to play you in friendlies as Snake. D: We need to plan something for the next tournament we are at lol. If you guys are going to Air Bud we can just try for there.
17: SoulPech :jigglypuff:: JIGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. Sry for sucking it up in P:M doubles. D: Sheik's moves come out faster than what i'm used to johnsjohnsjohns. Also remember when in doubt rest. BDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDDDDDDDD

Drowned in Pools:
JosephDirac/Antonio/Squat/Cristian/: I don't think I got to meet and of you at this. D: Hope to see your names and possibly meet you guys at more tournaments though. :D
A:G: Noooooooooooooooooooooooo you were so close to making it and I heard you did really well against Kel too. T_T Maybe at the next tournament we are both at I can try to play some friendlies with you and help you out.
Adam: I'm surprised you didn't make it out. o-o I heard you were doing some work in pools lol.
DMF~: GGs Snake vs Lucario is wonky, and I just played super campy as Falco. D: Also sry you got stuck in such a hard pool. D:
Ogie: I know your name, but I don't think i've gotten to meet you before(Sry if I have >_<). We can try to play friendlies or something at the next tournament we are both at or something.
Sam: Waaaaat??? I'm pretty surprised you didn't make it out of pools. o-o I've heard so much about you. D:

Melee:

5: Luigigoshard: I still really love this name lol. Hopefully we can play or something at the next KY Melee tournament or something. :o I've been thinking about what I could switch up in the Luigi mu. o-o
5: Goodin Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan i'm so sad you brought that back. GGs lol It's always fun getting you playing in Melee.
7: Toastbread: I don't think i've met you before, but i've seen you name several times and still read your name as Toastbeard lol.
13: Clay: GGs :D I was really worried when I saw Luigi, and then after that I got more worried when I saw a space animal. D:

9: KellyK :sheikmelee:
9: Antonio :sheikmelee:
9: Coleman :sheikmelee:
9: Ralph Cecil :sheikmelee:
Sheikth place yo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

This tournament was really fun. :D There's some things that probably could've been changed/worked on, but they weren't really things that made it less fun for me.

Shoutouts to the Fox player I played for my first match in Melee. You were so good and hard to play against. D:

Shoutouts to the heat making me have to take my hat off in the tournament which resulted in me losing my power. Wearing matching shoes didn't help either.

I'll try to edit in more shoutouts in case I forgot anything. D:

EDIT:
Shoutouts to TN for coming up to a KY tournament. That's pretty hype. :D

Also sry if I said something ******** while typing. I get absent minded sometimes. D:

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Yo, everyone giving advice on how to improve the next events. Thanks a lot, we really appreciate it, and we're going to make sure to take it all into consideration. Sorry for this one being so unorganized, and for horses making it so cramped.

Judo777

Smash Master
Just a few. I don't have a lot of time atm.

Shoutouts to Tako for winning facebook last week and me still laughing about it.

Shoutouts to OS for knowing stages unlike 85% of the U.S. GGs man.

Shoutouts to Kel the best tournament name of all time if I ever host.

Shoutouts to Kero for exploiting my greatest weakness and breaking the game within 2 minutes of game 1. Good thing I expect it now. Also thanks for educating me on the most effective pikmin lineup ever. For a long time I thought it was 3 purples, 2 yellow, 1 blue. But no! Fighting 5 purples and 1 of the worst pikmin was infinitely more effective. The only prayer I had was the one red you had to use every 5 lol. Next time get 6 and I will have no chance. But fun set as always, and broken music.

Shoutouts to Kassy for making me miss pogy even more.

Shoutouts to S2 for almost making me pee myself watching one of your broken tech chases.

Shoutouts to Spec for being on the greatest named team of all time. Also if we remember the Judo rule we will win for sure next time.

Shoutouts to Sorasin for tricking me into counterpicking you.Falco going to Frigate? That just screams MK lol so I was scared into Snake.

Shoutouts to Eric for being awesome as usual. And also telling everyone that I am the greatest sheik in the world and at the same time convincing me that its true in my head.

Shoutouts to Amida for fun as crap DK Snake games. One of my favorite MU's in the game from both sides.

Shoutouts to Joey for dodging my random ditto challenge..... lol jk but for real next time we gotta.

Shoutouts to Kryp for teaching me that there is a character that prefers upthrow. Also thanks for giving me a shot at first seed in pools after my loss. Ggs tho for real.

Shoutouts to SP for the hype of an unfulfilled and mostly my fault froyo match.

Shoutouts to Ttar for putting my money in a paper clip because that was super convenient actually. Wish we could've played.

Shoutouts to Judo for doing ok I guess. Also way to drop 9 out of your 11 attempted GR options on MK where one of your 2 successes was you being weak sauce and picking the easy GR fair. I guess those 25 min of practice before and during the tournament really paid off..... lol

More to come........maybe.......

SoulPech

Smash Master
SoulPech Swagtastic Shoutouts:

Before I begin I just want to give a quick pointer to the TOs: Please take all these criticisms into positives. These are not to stifle your ability, but to help improve because we care. We're a community, so it's only natural to help others with common interest.

Overall, I'm pretty meh at the outcome. I came down to Kentucky for P:M and it never happened, but I'm glad I got to hang out with the people there, so it makes up for it.

Anyways, onto the shoutouts:

1: Judo ($163) :sheik: - Congrats on another win. Enjoyed playing with you despite only one set. Your Shiek is very godlike and it sucks that you don't travel OoS. Glad to see you again

2: Kero ($75) :olimar: - I CPd you to Delphino PLaza because I feel that stage is good to deal with against Olimar. Not to mention, I took L_Cancel to game 3 that way xD. Glad to see you again.

3: Kel ($47) :metaknight: :marth: - I thought you retired xD. Also that you showed and I'm still unsure why you said I won Melee...GGs.

4: Joey ($27) :olimar::peach: - I enjoy seeing you in any tournament. I wish I could be as good as you in Brawl. Fun sets in Melee

5: Mister Eric ($14) :rob: :popo: - Thank you SO much for a great Sunday. Had a lot of fun chilling with you, Hael, and Ralph. Hopefully next time we team, we can do some practicing beforehand lol

5: Sorasin ($14) :falco: - I think I love you in the most non-homosexual way. I always talk to you and you have a bubbly personality. Funny as hell. Glad to see you again.

7: Ralph Cecil :snake: - Shiek is fun to use in P:M if you want to get better at it, I can give you some pointers. Enjoyed hanging out with you yesterday.

7: Lumi :wolf: :metaknight:- Glad to see you again! We need to play our Puff dittos next time.

9: SneakyTako :metaknight: :dedede: :rob: - I see that MK next to your name. tsk tsk tsk. Awesome that you drove all the way to Chicago to come. Hope to see you again

9: S2 :dk2: - Don't scare me again, lol. If Amida's car breaks down, make it clear that you guys are not stranded, lol. Glad to see you again

9: Overswarm :metaknight: - Really wanted to play you in Melee, but I got Fox'd ;~;. Glad you came out.

9: $P :metaknight: - Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooo much for housing. We SPs need to stick together. Hopefully I can return the favor.

13: Hilt :olimar: - Haven't seen you in forever. I'm glad you came out :3

13: Amida :snake: - glad to see you. I wanted to play ya, but sucks it didn't happen

13: Steel Samurai :marth: - lol I beat you yet you outplace me. Sounds legit. Glad I got to see you again.

13: Earl :rob: -Chillest guy in the world. Best name too. I enjoyed our 2 hr long friendlies.

17: Twig :wario:- Didn't get to play you, but you're coming to Air Bud, so can't wait to see you.

17: Hoboz :kirby2:- Didn't get to play you, but glad to see you

17: Hael Phael :pikachu2: -You make me so jealous. You've lost all this weight and I only dropped 10 pounds, lol. Glad to see you again and I enjoyed the company yesterday

17: Clowsui :metaknight: :marth: - I will miss you. Alot. I hope you can make trips back to Ohio from time to time before you become big in NC.

17: KassandraNova :peach: - I really wanted to play you to learn more on the Peach MU, but that never happened. Glad to see you again.

17: Spec :pikachu2: - Don't complain too much about losing. You're too young for that lol. People get hype, so just move forward.

17: Kryp :pit: - I don't remember seeing you :/ Anyways, I'm glad you're helping in the KY community.

17: SoulPech :jigglypuff:- Why is Jiggs near your name? no MK? no Wario? Stay free.

Melee Shoutouts:

Christian and Coleman- I appreciate the friendlies in Melee and P:M. If you guys keep at it, you'll get the community growing. Always ask for help and always get better. You're young, so it's easy

Kelly- I enjoyed our friendlies. If you need Jiggs experience you should fight Joey. He has a good Puff. Glad to finally meet you.

Goodin- I won't lie...I was scared first match lol. I just kept getting magneted towards your UpSmash. GGs

Shoutouts to the venue for having an awesome concept
Shoutouts to Froyos
Shoutouts to being my Birthday
Shoutouts to BDubs

Anti-Shoutouts to that ****ing deer hitting my Bumper. I hope it burns in hell
Anti-Shoutouts to B-Dubs being expensive ;~;
Anti-Shoutouts to Kentucky backroads at 3 in the morning.

I'm out

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I thought Judo wasn't the best player in this area?

Also lol @ OS getting 1st in melee. It's been almost a year since I won the Kentucky Championship.

Kel

Smash Master
Megarobman you are gonna be SOOOOO pissed when Cincinnati becomes unstoppable at the MM ditto. Me, OS, and Lumi are going to play MM dittos until we end up sleeping in 45 minute shifts while the other two continue playing. Then we'll drink redbulls and keep going.

Who are you gonna play with out in the middle of nowhere? Corn can't play!

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Melee kids, keep practicing. The game is more than tech skill and playing Brawl improved my Melee game tremendously. You've all improved since I last played you guys.

Ya man, I am glad you can see our improvement, we have been putting in some practice between now and when we last played. Once I am completely confident in my tech, I will try to crack down more on match ups and mindgames.. I know it comes with experience and all, but all i can do at this point is sharpen up on tech until I can do it with less struggle. Simple stuff like rolling patterns and basic mindgames do not come easily to me yet. In a match I find myself more concerned with nailing as much tech as possible rather than making reads. As I have said before, when I first started playing, your videos helped me learn much of what I currently put into play, and it is so cool to me that I am able to take some games off of the very person whose videos I learned from. I am looking forward to playing you and Kel again to see how much closer I am to being able to win. GGs

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Megarobman you are gonna be SOOOOO pissed when Cincinnati becomes unstoppable at the MM ditto. Me, OS, and Lumi are going to play MM dittos until we end up sleeping in 45 minute shifts while the other two continue playing. Then we'll drink redbulls and keep going.

If smash 4 doesn't "suck like brawl*" then I will have all the melee players playing me.

Also if Mega Man isn't broken I'm not playing smash 4.

*not my opinion

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Cincinnati gonna be robot central

people think you name yourself after us

Luminoth64

Smash Ace

LOL, thisss!

Rumi's shoutouts:

First off, I really enjoyed this event. It finished at a decent time despite starting late, so I know future events will be even better!

1: Judo ($163) - Congrats on getting first! I'm really glad I didn't have to play you this time around. XD
2: Kero ($75) - No need to say sorry, man. You outplayed me pretty heftily in our set. :D Great job getting second!
3: Kel ($47) - We'll get to practicing more often as a city sooner or later. XD
4: Joey ($27) - I'm sad we didn't get to play too! Not too sad though considering we almost always play in bracket lol. Nice job at this!
5: Mister Eric ($14) - Awesome seeing you beepo. <3 I see your ICs are getting much better!
5: Sorasin ($14) - BDAT.
7: Ralph Cecil - Our sets are always good! And don't feel bad lol. I'm a scrub for letting it happen in the first place LOL. You deserved your win though. Even though I killed myself, you outplayed me.
9: SneakyTako - TFREE!
9: S2 - Good games in pools. Your SD face makes me laugh every time. XD
9: Overswarm - Surprised to see you placing here even though you haven't played in a minute. o_o
9: $P - We had an awesome set, I really enjoyed it! Probably my favorite from the tourney haha. I can't wait to play next because you'll know my MK isn't just a pocket knight. ;D
13: Hilt - Always fun playing you bbygurl. I definitely thought you were gonna go D3 on me. D: Can't wait for Matsuri though man!
13: Amida - Wish we could've played as well haha. I'm sure we'll meet in pools or bracket sooner or later. :p
13: Steel Samurai - Glad you came along man. You did pretty well at this considering how long you've been gone!
13: Earl - Good games in bracket! I feel like your ROB will be a lot better once you learn more about matchups.
17: Twig - FEAR THE BEARD. Sad we didn't get to play at this. Good job in doubles though. :D
17: Hael Phael - Nice seeing you as always Phael. Next time you might have to face the mk. ;D
17: Clowsui - Good luck in NC dude. I'm sure I'll talk to you/hang out before you leave Thursday.
17: KassandraNova - Just put on the hat, Kassandra. JUST PUT IT ON!
17: Kryp - GGs in bracket dude. Always fun playing you!
17: SoulPech - Jiggs dittos have to happen next time bby. Unfortunately we can't make it to Air Bud, so next time after that!

A:G - I bet you didn't even check out the new Creed album smh.
Adam - GGs in pools! You had me a nervous wreck game 2. XD
DMF~ - I know I'm sexy. ;D YOU WANNA PLAY MAI WOFL?

Melee:

5: Luigigoshard - Pretty sad I missed melee this time around. If I wasn't so hungover, you guys would've had a little more competition! ;D
5: Goodin - Still improving I see! I'll be around for the next melee tourney hopefully. Been practicing a new character lately. :D

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Surprised? SURPRISED?!

Yeah, me too.

I actually got fairly unlucky with the bracket. I barely beat Ralph Cecil the last time I beat him, lost to him the previous time, and had to play him first round this time, had to play the guy who got second in losers, and had the guy who got first in my pool! I was confident in being able to beat just about anyone else there with the exception of Kel, although I should have done better against Kero.

Just goes to show that some matchups you just have to know, and Snake and Olimar are ones I didn't remember. :B

Or maybe I did and the metagame just changed under my feet.

:B

Also, you clowns should stop drinking with Tako and just say "let's play smash" at my house or if Kel is interested his place. Most especially when Smash 4's release date is announced.

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
Overswarm - I didn't get to play you, and I never have so I guess I will soon.
SP - Good event, sorry I didn't mm you but I was not on my game and I do not know the mk MU, I will do a snake ditto mm, but I didn't want to embarrass myself by losing when I was not playing good.
Hilt - Cool to see you come out here, I have gotten really good at the olimar MU so we should do a mm or something.
Amida - Soutouts to myself for my car breaking down, me playing the worst I have in forever, blowing myself up every 5 seconds, proving my role as "robin" in teams with my bad playing, and for getting so good in a year with NOBODY to practice with besides at tourneys.
Steel Samurai - You have a good marth, I really wanted to do friendlies.
Earl - I want to play you since I have gotten better, good dubz friendlies.
Twig - Always fun to see you/play you, those dubz friendlies were super fun.
Hael Phael - I'm surprised you have gotten so good, I knew I would come back in game 3, I just didn't think it would be that hard.
Clowsui - Sad to hear you are leaving when I pretty much just met you, good mm, but I want to play you at the top of my game, especially since I know the marth MU more than any other.
KassandraNova - Sorry I was a bad teammate, I hope you realize I am much better than I was at this tourney, and just off our friendly dubz when I was messing around we were doing better, just shows I was not on my game for the tournament.
Kryp - You do not deserve a shoutout.
SoulPech - Wish I could have played you since I have gotten better, and thanks for picking me and S2 up.

A:G - Good friendlies, and I wish I could have kept the consequence of you losing our mm where you could not use the bathroom the rest of the day.
Melee- Sorry I could not enter melee, but I thought other events would be going on, and I would be entering PM, I didn't want to lose $40 this tourney.

EDIT: I forgot Spec! Awesome friendlies, you are really fun to play and a pretty cool guy, I really hope you start going to more tourneys!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Quick shoutouts, hitting everyone likely won't happen though.

First of all to the TOs, Casey and Brian (Ttar). I don't understand why you're thanking me, haha. I didn't help too much in the long run. That said, I'll be more than willing to help with events the two of you run, whether it be small things I notice like the registration suggest I made to Casey, or a second opinion during events. I want to see the two of you grow as a TO duo so that one of these days we can have the big three KY smash cities hosting events like the good ol' days.Keep it up.

Ya can hear me 'fo ya see me I got Chi Wong in da trunk: Enjoyed our set, my man. Our next money match will be in Smash 4.

Kero: Good stuff at this, lil' bro. I want to see you continue to improve. But step your hug game up!

Judo: Good to see you again, gods it's been far too long. Definitely gonna make sure we hang out/smash more often, what with you being back in Louisville and all.

Ralph Cecil: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. I didn't have to play you this time around! Never thought I'd see the day, haha. On that note we should play some friendlies at the next tournament we're both at.

S2: "Chicks love these glasses. I'm all about the glasses."

Brian (Luminoth): Falco was definitely a surprise, haha. But that would've torn DDD up. I was definitely baiting a DiddyXOlimar Doujinshi.

Tom (Sorasin): We didn't talk a whole lot this time around. Probably because we weren't in the same pool like every tournament we're both at, haha. Looking forward to hanging out at Matsuri.

Adam: Enjoyed our set, definitely wasn't expecting the RC counterpick, haha. Suppose I should have saw it coming :p

Twig: Liked your Wario. We're gonna play again for sure. Nice beard.

Erk: Such a hype set, much love. Here's to the next four years.

SnarkyTako: Glad you made it out here, enjoyed our set.

Joey: Enjoyed talkin' it upon the ride home, haha. And it wasn't a problem, haha. Looking forward to seeing what direction the Louisville scene takes after this event. Now to venue hunt.

Spec: I'm sorry about how I acted at Retribution. Hope to see you at future events, it was good talking to you Saturday.

Phael: Good seeing you again. Get your TO pants on, we've got a state to build up.

Kassandra: Still didn't get that friend code! Ahhhh!

OS: Pleasure as always. Looking forward to playing that Mega Man next year.

Steel Samurai: Man was it good to see you again, wasn't expecting you to make an appearance!. We need to money match again, man.

E: Took me awhile to realize it was you, haha. What's it been, two years? Feels like more.

Hoboz: Didn't see you until like the end of the day, haha. Glad to see you still making it out to tournaments. One of the originals.

Kel: Didn't really talk or play this time around. Call of Judy had me rolling though, haha.

Soul Pech: Good seeing you, surprised you made it all the way out here. Haha.

Good tournament over all. Certain things could have gone better for sure, but there weren't any major problems. That's a success in my book. Things will only improve from here on out from what I can see, and the venue is absolutely incredible. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Metaflair

Smash Rookie
WOOOOOOOOO!

Had a great time, its been forever since I went to a tournament. It was great seeing old faces and still being able to make people laugh. I had no idea I would be announcing matches that day, so sorry if I confused people, just trying to help. :)

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Also, you clowns should stop drinking with Tako and just say "let's play smash" at my house or if Kel is interested his place. Most especially when Smash 4's release date is announced.

the major problem with this, at least for me, is that i'd much rather spend my free time playing/doing something else because i'm pretty bored of the game (thus why we almost didn't come to this lol). once smash 4's release date is announced i'm sure this will change though haha.

however, if we play melee i'd be up for it. XD maybe even some p:m, but i'd rather just play some mayray.

@hiltsies: dude i allllmost went diddy too LOL. it was kind of a last second choice to go falco instead. XD and oh my god that ava is wonderful.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I play all the smash games. I'm not really in competition mode, but I'm starting to wonder if I need to start gearing up for smash 4 now or if they'll be jerks and have like a november 2014 release date

OH Rob

Smash Rookie
Hey, everyone. This is e_/Dirac. I completely forgot my old account's email and password so I just made a new one.

Anyways shoutouts

People I haven't met before:
Ralph Cecil: I was the first round Fox player who played against you. Really fun set we had! Hopefully next time I'm in the area we can get another few games in.
Coleman/Zilyn: Again, really fun set we had in the tournament. Just like Cecil it was last stock last game. Have a good time at school in Tennessee, and if there isn't much of a Smash scene just work to get more people interested in it (Smash 4 will really help with that). If we're ever in the same area we should meet up and play some smash or get some food.
Cristian/Crispus: Ditto with Coleman, although we didn't really get the chance for a set. Keep working on your techs and on other mechanical things. Falco's so much more fun to play when you play him faster. Again, hope to see you guys hosting a tournament in Tennessee or coming to Ohio for a couple.
Soul Pech: Thanks for playing some Brawl friendlies with me and reminding me just how little I know about the game, and thanks for crouch canceling everything into rest in P:M (seriously though, 120%?!)
Kero: Man, the ONE character I knew I had no chance against this tournament was an Olimar. Thanks for giving me the hints in the match up, and grats on placing well.

Reunion shoutouts:

Clowsui/Chi: Great to see you again man. Have a good time in North Carolina with Chi. Tell me any large tournaments you're going to or any visits to Cincinnati you're making, and I'll see if I can make it down.
Hilt: It's been way too long man. I think this is the second time I've seen you since that fest at Daycia's where we played Mafia. Always glad to see someone getting into speed cubing, and it always takes me a little bit of self control to not take your half finished solves and do them when you put the cube down.
Steel: Same with Chi, it's been way too long. I kind of assumed you stopped playing Smash and quit for SF4 and Marvel. Still, hope school's going well and hope to see you around at SOME kind of tournament.
Tako: Thanks for giving me a spot in Chi's car after I already started driving on my own. You're going to be at Nerd Rage right? I might make it down for that, hope to see you there.
OS/Kel: Thanks for showing me how bad I am at Melee. I think I probably learned the most from playing you guys, and I definitely appreciate the tips. I don't know if I got any better while playing you guys but hopefully after a few more tournaments I'll give some better games.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you want to get good at Melee, learn your character's strength.

Play against level 1 CPUs and challenge yourself to do technical things as fast and accurately as possible (the second being more important).

Once you have that down, remove aspects of your game and reinvent your play. Nair-shine on someone's shield your bread and butter? Try removing L-canceling. Fox is still good without L-canceling and you shouldn't be nair-shining someone's shield anyway, it's a sloppy way of solving a problem that you can solve more elegantly by not hitting the shield in the first place. Removing L-canceling makes nair-shine worse and not an option, so you learn other skills which will help when you add nair-shine back into the game.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
KassandraNova - Sorry I was a bad teammate, I hope you realize I am much better than I was at this tourney, and just off our friendly dubz when I was messing around we were doing better, just shows I was not on my game for the tournament.
!
It was our first time teaming. Don't worry about it. I know you're better than that...

clowsui

Smash Legend
There was a white Wii in the far back corner that had a replay of Me vs Kero...Black marth v Olimar. Anybody care to send it to me? :3

Top Bottom