• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edmonton Brawl Tournament - Saturday May 9, 2009

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Smart move host, very smart lol. What I heard from Jack is that there isn't much room and stuff. Are you sure you can accommodate up to 30 people?

1337i

Smash Cadet
um, I'll do my best. I'm asking around for wiis and TVs from my friends too. I'll probably ask the management to move some stuff around to make room. But there have been SS IV touries there and a brawl one before that, so I think there should be enough room =D

Nikanor

Smash Rookie
Smart move host, very smart lol. What I heard from Jack is that there isn't much room and stuff. Are you sure you can accommodate up to 30 people?
Yes, when we move stuff around and out of the way, we can fit quite a few people (I've seen about 50 people there at once and it didn't look like a Japanese subway yet, so I think we're okay.)

Also, I've edited the main post to reflect the fact that there is now no FFA and there will be a doubles section :D

1337i

Smash Cadet
I read over the suicide rule, and if a kirby or DDD swallow anyone, and they pop out before they die, and the kirby/DDD die first, it is the kirby's/DDD's loss. Because that wasn't mentioned. And standing chain grabbing is banned, but you can chain grab as long as you're moving. Also the dimentional cape glitch is obviously banned. Just making sure everone knows because this wasn't in the rules

Limeee

Smash Champion
me and my brother will make it for doubles, we could probably provide a wii as well

on a side note me and my brother have hacked our wii for the brawl+ thing, should we have a seperate friendlies thingy for that maybe even a tourney, its lots of fun.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Scott, Matt and myself are intereseted in going. Mainly because it's for cancer research.

Is there any possibility that this could be double elimination? I mean, it is during 2 days. =/

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Yes, double elimination is the only way to go.

And victor you know you're coming for brawl and not for the cancer research <3

1337i

Smash Cadet
=_____= for one thing, this is only on Sat. now, not Fri and Sat. so you can go to the one that's on the 8th and still come to this one =D.
And about the double/single elim... if everyone wants it to be double, I guess I can make it double... but I'm not too sure what that entails.... this is my first tourny so I'm a bit new to the tourny smash comunity D= I just played with friends >_< but yeah. I can make it double elim

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Just get tio, and it'll do everything for you. It's really easy to do. Double elimination just means that you have to lose twice before you're out of the tournament, and once you lose once you're sent to what is called the losers bracket, where you advance slower than you would if you were in winner's bracket.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
K everyone go to Sou Kawaii to pre-register and play my marth some matches and get their face fair'd.

oh jesus *** side-b

1337i

Smash Cadet
me and my brother will make it for doubles, we could probably provide a wii as well

on a side note me and my brother have hacked our wii for the brawl+ thing, should we have a seperate friendlies thingy for that maybe even a tourney, its lots of fun.
ummm I don't think we are gonna have time for brawl+ , but we could do some after if there is time, an a tourny in the future for brawl+ would be fun, but not this time.

1337i

Smash Cadet
D=, but it's like melee physics... but in brawl... or that was the explination given to me... and that sounds like it could be fun... no?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Aish you'll find soon enough that believing that Victor can actually show up to something is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Top Bottom