• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC Event #4 - GameUnicon 09: S.N.E.S. Tournament - August 2009 - MA

Iwan

Smash Ace
Matt, what exactly have you looked into so far? Restaurants (My friends on the west coast have bi-weeklies at a Quiznos...seriously lol), College campuses, random small businesses (you'd be surprised what some people will let you do in their stores).

Anything. What have you looked into so far?

If ken ends up winning survivor maybe his restaurant/smash tournament center will be open by then and we could have it there :O.......

or not.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Matt, what exactly have you looked into so far? Restaurants (My friends on the west coast have bi-weeklies at a Quiznos...seriously lol), College campuses, random small businesses (you'd be surprised what some people will let you do in their stores).

Anything. What have you looked into so far?

If ken ends up winning survivor maybe his restaurant/smash tournament center will be open by then and we could have it there :O.......

or not.
haha I hosted a tournament at a Taco Bell once.

Problem is that Ohana will attract more people than could sardine into several Quiznos or other small restaurants that would be down for it.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Hey Guys

Neal and I are planning to host the next Champ Combo series aka Champ Combo 64 next year in Summer 2009. We want to make it a major West Coast tournament that will attract many people as possible, and try to live up to the Champ Combo name.

Now, I also realize that this tournament is being plan for Summer 2009 also. Since we want to make sure that both of our tournament are successful , we really need to work with you guys on this. It would be very bad if our tournament just so happen to be on the same weekend or some other kind of scenario as bad as that.

So if possible, please talk to us about your plan so that we can work with it.

My aim is: xuerarit and neal's aim is: neal yung. Either contact us or leave a comment on our potential thread. Thank you

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209462

Alukard

Smash Hero
this is going to b amazing ... also that champ combo tourney should b too ... i will bring big names to both if u all figure out how to make them correspond nicely ^_^

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Hey Guys

Neal and I are planning to host the next Champ Combo series aka Champ Combo 64 next year in Summer 2009. We want to make it a major West Coast tournament that will attract many people as possible, and try to live up to the Champ Combo name.

Now, I also realize that this tournament is being plan for Summer 2009 also. Since we want to make sure that both of our tournament are successful , we really need to work with you guys on this. It would be very bad if our tournament just so happen to be on the same weekend or some other kind of scenario as bad as that.

My aim is: xuerarit and neal's aim is: neal yung. Either contact us or leave a comment on our potential thread. Thank you

Looks like God answered someone's prayers, yeah?

MERGE!!!!!!1

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Hey Guys

Both these tourneys are going to be too good.

Hack

Smash Journeyman
I think not

what would happen

to all of us

that don't have lives?

we'd be like

running the streets naked

breaking the law

fornication, whipped cream, bob saget's mother

not pretty =(

Iwan

Smash Ace
lol so champ un-intentionally ***** this thread by letting out that neal didn't know about this tournament.....lmao.........

CHAMP COMBOOOOOOOOO

Charoo

Smash Champion
as far as I know. Neal have no information at all about this tournament. He just told me that they put his name on it and that's it haha

C-C-C-C-C-C-C-CHAMP COMBO

I need to make a thread on all regional zones about what's the best weekend to host it

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Neal knew about this o_O
How do you guys figure he didn't?
He said to talk to them to make sure they aren't on the same day..

Edit: Oh didn't see that other post.
Yeah Neal hasn't been updated on anything, but he agreed that once details were down and such he'd run it with us.

That hurts Linguini. *johns about something else*

Yeah Swift I do, and only re-opened if they get a venue/date.
Must you be a douche about everything I do?
Really? >_>
It's insanely annoying.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Again, I have nothing against you personally.
but
You started this thread to get hype before it had a date or a venue or any sort of organization. Six months later, no progress, and no answers to the many questions other than "venues are hard to find". I don't see the point of keeping this thread open until there's an actual tournament to go to. No johns.

Hack

Smash Journeyman
There are no johns

only this fundamental truth:

A tournament of this magnitude

requires major hyping

in order to occur in the first place.

For without massive recognition

and reported interest

how could it possibly happen?

Besides, we need it for teh lulz.

Ohana

Frames

DI
meh i say leave it open

it's not like the tournament is tomorrow, he still has 6+ months to figure this out

now if it WAS tomorrow well then

gg

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
There are no johns

only this fundamental truth:

A tournament of this magnitude

requires major hyping

in order to occur in the first place.

For without massive recognition

and reported interest

how could it possibly happen?

Besides, we need it for teh lulz.

Ohana
I enjoy this man

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I agree. Cog, you should probably lay off, unless you want to help look for a venue. There has been progress, namely the fact that this **** can't happen at the hynes or similar places without a ton of capital, which unless you want entry fees to be $50+, won't happen. Finding a venue that can still hold a ton of people but doesn't cost too much is a lot harder than you'd think.

Also, I know I'm not really doing my part to help plan this thing, but really, the least we can do is stop *****ing about it. When the venue is secured, there will be much rejoicing. Until then though, chill.

Frames

DI
I'm looking into Colleges now.
Making calls as soon as I get a good idea on what the **** to say to them when I call.
you - "hay i liek smash broz do u liek smash broz i wantz ur space for toourmanet plz" (my exact words when pitching to UCF btw)

college - "......................k money plz kthxbai"

there ya go colleges will pretty much rent out to u whatever u want as long as you got the money and ur not doin anything illegal colleges in FL would've let me have space for FAST but they wanted too much money :(

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
That actually helps a lot, Frames.
Blackmage and Blue Death both gave me some tips on what I should ask for. I was thinking it was like some professional ****, but if I consider what you said it's pretty relaxing.

Top Bottom